It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery Of The Giant Planet Hidden In Our Solar System

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

"This is huge. Figuratively and literally. If you don't think we're not in the most interesting and changing times EVER in modern history on this planet, then I think you should look around and reconsider. "

I agreed up until this part of the OP.

I tend to believe that we have a planet coming and I get the impression it causes havoc - pole shifts??
Maybe they'll take our gold and fly away this time. Maybe we're ready... or they'll help get us there?

If we get wiped out, our relics won't seem much different to the last time, for the survivors, hey.
It would be enough if we could give our own something good to start with, if your talking that way.

Perhaps I'm just reliving the stone age or some other time before my memory.

This war will be interesting enough...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Although this is from a message board this woman is putting this planet into the "March 15th' time line for a possible physical pole shift.

I am not buying this however.........I do think every thing is linked together.

Here's her video. Take from it what you will. And remember, she's only a person with an opinion, that's all.

Greetings to All:

A Brown Dwarf with 2.5 larger mass than Jupiter and multiple orbiting moons (pic) is right now (2/11) exactly between the orbits of Jupiter and Mars on an inbound trajectory from south of the ecliptic plane from the Leo Constellation heading for a tight turn around the sun on Mercury's orbit line.

The fact a brown dwarf is involved interests me.
Are they another name for a planet that has intelligent life, which affects its own atmosphere - playing with nuclear energy to stay warm - This would be a liberal (American context) ideal. If so, they are energy based lifeforms.

Our material plane is a paradise to us... hmm

very

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
some of you might be interested what I witnessed the other morning before sunrise..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the end of the thread is where this might cross borders into the ideas of this thread..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit
S&F
edit on 15-2-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I'm really curious about the moons that orbit this planet, if any. A planet that is 4 times the mass of Jupiter must put out one heck of a tidal force, enough to keep its moons core warm and moving depending on how close they are. Jupiter's moon Io is a good example, its close enough to Jupiter to have it's surface completely change every 250+ years. Also consider Europa, which most likely has a huge ocean underneath its icy surface due to the same force. I can't imagine the perspective of living on of of Tyche's moons, I bet its rattling to narrowly dodge (or not) comets all the time.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
done my research and answered my own question. sorry mods

edit on 15/2/2011 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Please tell my you don't use the "tether-ball" analogy, to compare to planets and their orbits?? (Unless as a joke).

It isn't even close, as a comparison! There are no "strings" (well.....except for the theoretical very, very small "superstring" ideas....but, those aren't really strings either....).

In a nutshell, a gravitational field causes a local spatial "warping"....a "bending" of space (and time, when at its extreme). The greater the mass, and its density (on a molecular level) the steeper the gradient of the warping effect. There is an inverse square relationship curve, in this warp...when you plot it in graphical form.

So, the tether-ball "string" is wrong, not only for the obvious reasons, but also because it can't reproduce, and depict, the inverse/square concept. AN elastic is a closer analogy....BUT, you would have to imagine a "reverse elastic".....unlike what you're accustomed to, as in a rubber band, etc. THOSE, when stretched, pull harder, more you stretch them...A "reverse elastic" would work in the opposite way (if this helps to visualize it, I don't know, might just confuse people more....). The "reverse elastic" is not exact, of course....but can be related....really, if you've ever played with magnets, THEY are more in line as similar, in gravitational principles. Farther away the magnets are from each other, less "pull" they have....less "attraction"....and of course, as they get closer, they accelerate towards each other. Those with the lesser mass exert lesser influence, and ARE influenced more.

There is fundamentally a significant relationship yet to be discovered...the so-called "TOE" (theory of everything)
that seeks to describe ALL things in the Universe.....a rather Herculean goal. Before that, though -- and relating to gravity -- is the UFT (Unified Field Theory) work, trying to reconcile the "four forces" (weak/strong nuclear forces, electromagnetism and gravity).

SO, if you're still reading....."tether-ball" cord is NOT = to gravity force. The very title of this thread is misleading (but, it seems was taken directly from the sourced information, so the OP was simply repeating it....why that particular article, and choice of headline, was chosen is.....well....I think I know why......

.....because, contrary to the over-hyped title....the object that far away is not really a candidate to be considered part of our Solar System, per se. There has to be a cut-off point, somewhere.

I mean, our nearest stars, Centauri A (and B), are roughly only 4.3 LY away....when you are talking the Oort cloud, you're nearly a quarter of the distance there, already!! It'd be like, if Miami were the Sun, and Seattle were Proxima Centauri....then, New Orleans would be about the same relative position as this new large object, out in the Oort Cloud. And, New Orleans is hardly ever considered part of the local environs of Miami....NOR Florida.

This video is kind of cheesy, but it is one I hadn't seen before:

And, just found this one, in my searching. Some may remember the "rubber sheet" analogy, to describe gravity...that's "OK" for two dimensions, but inadequate and overly simplistic. This is much better, visually:

One a bit more educational:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Your last post was very good. Nice info.
Star.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

OOPS!

CNN just brought out the Tyche story.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

In Peace & Light
tfw

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Nice videos of the effects of gravity, my only dislike is the fact it's a cube. The sun exerts gravity in all directions equally, so the gravitational boundary would be pretty much spherical if not an oblate spheroid kinda shape as see if you view cgi images of our solar system.

Any orbit of a massive planet like that which is being theorized here is nothing to worry about. If it's currently out in the oort cloud, then there's no chance of it's gravity being strong enough to effect earth without major happenings with regards the the orbits of planets closer to it than ours. It's not going to be here for 2012, like it or not lol.

It's no Niburu and it's not even proven to be there, it's nothing more than a theory as it stands and as per usual, people jump to conclusions.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by StarblazerUK

.....my only dislike is the fact it's a cube. The sun exerts gravity in all directions equally, so the gravitational boundary would be pretty much spherical if not an oblate spheroid kinda shape....

VERY astute observation!!!!

Please don't let the "cubic" shape in diagrams confuse. Those lines are merely references, drawn to convey the concepts....it is how one displays 3D on a 2D screen. Get it?

If you look the lines are not all parallel....which is the point....as you get closer to the body producing the gravitational field, the angles of the "field lines" (for want of better terms) will vary sharply. Again....inverse/square mathematical relationships.....

edit on 15 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Sadly, Matese and Whitmire have been speculating about "Tyche" since 1999, and most recently published their "findings" in April 2010 before they were picked up again for re-publication. In all that time, there has been no evidence for anyone else to examine, consider or confirm. A theory without confirmation is still just a theory.

Nemesis was first proposed in 1984 to explain perplexing cycles in mass extinctions on Earth. About every 27 million years, almost like clockwork, there is a significantly higher likelihood that a mass extinction will take place on our planet.
There are, of course, extinctions that occur in the middle of a cycle, and sometimes when a peak comes around the Earth has been safe. But on the whole, the scientists confirmed that life gets a bit more risky here on Earth every 27 million years.

www.space.com...

Others have looked at the evidence and concluded that such a body would be incapable of maintaining such an orbit:

[F]ar from helping to confirm the Nemesis hypothesis, Melott and Bambach argue their findings suggest Nemesis couldn't possibly exist.

"If Nemesis existed and had this kind of an orbit, its orbit would not be regular," Melott told SPACE.com. "Calculations indicate its orbit would change by 20 to 50 percent due to the gravitational attraction of stars as they pass by us, and the movement of the sun in the galaxy."

Thus, a celestial body like Nemesis couldn't explain such a long-standing, steady cycle, because its orbit itself would not be steady over such a long period of time. Melott said his data basically puts the final nail in the coffin of the Nemesis idea.
www.space.com...

edit on 15-2-2011 by jdub297 because: add emphasis, url

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

STAR...and, nice try. But. alas I fear......it's too late. This thread has seemed to serve its original purpose.....be overly hyped, and then attract attention....let the SCIENCE AND FACTS BE DAMNED!!!!

Lately, on ATS, it is all about....and I mean ALL ABOUT, creating the most "attention grabbing" thread headline imaginable....USE that to get it rolling (whether or NOT you actually feel in the same "vibe" with the assertions in your "headline"....just POST IT TO GET FLAGS AND STARS!!!

Yeah....ego-licking at its finest example.

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Would Tyche be the 9th planet of our Solar System, after Pluto's demise? If its existence is finally confirmed, its Solar System planet status may not be guaranteed. The reason: Astronomers theorize that Tyche could be a planet born in another star system and captured by ours. But whatever classification it gets, it's exciting to think that there may be a new neighbor just around the corner.
gizmodo.com...#!5759865/the-mystery-of-the-giant-planet-hidden-in-our-solar-system

that planet from another solar system and captured by ours is nibiru! funny how there gonna give this planet the same myths and what not of nibiru and not call it that hmmm...

are they gonna give the annunaki another name aswell?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeDee
Oh well ill join in here with my fave OP

Thanks for saying that

What if Sitchin was only partly right?
Niburu may be a planet whos influence sent oort cloud objects our way every 3600 years,
This discovery if its true may be a better fit, sometimes causing destruction sometimes not, depending on the amount of objects influenced and flung our way.

What exactly did Sitchin say that's not fitting? I honestly don't know so if you can brief me I'd appreciate that. Thanks!

But if anything, Sitchen didn't believe Nibiru would make an appearance any time soon. In fact, he never held on to any committed date (let alone century). He did say (somewhere) that Planet X would not be here by 2012 but now, he's dead so...... I wonder what he would've said about this diddly!

And I know I am skeptical and cynical and sarcastic and all those other "S" and "C" words but.........this has not just been discovered. This is likely just being released to the public.

Because like the Vatican's announcement last year about embracing aliens as our 'space-brothers' I think science and religion won't be able to deny what they've been denying for too much longer.

Besides, have you ever wondered why the Vatican possesses one of the biggest Observatories on this planets? What the hell are they looking for? I thought they 'knew' everything starting with "Adam and Eve" and ending with the Anti-Christ (or something like that. I've never opened a bible so I don't mean to insult anyone if they do buy into that book)

Thanks for saying that

they know our origins are wrapped in alien dna bubba why do u think our origins only make sense once u combine,creation,evolution,and ancient aliens!

only then do u see the whole picture!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by Human_Alien

Don't worry about it. You get crying if you search and necro a thread. You get crying if you don't search.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Just go with the flow.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

good find

we all knew,, didn't we?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
where's stereologist?

he is CONVINCED that there is no such thing and that we should relax all the way ...
nothing will happen

Man this stereologist knows it ALL ...

edit on 16-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
CNN getting in on the 'news' too.

How long are they going to keep this charade up (again)?
They seem to put into our subconscious every few years the idea of another 'huge' something lurks out there then, they drop it!

So why is it, Nibiru doesn't exist to all the naysayers?
And why is it, Harrington was a liar to all the debunkers?
And why is it, Planet X is a myth to all you non-believers?

Is it because as long as it's a theory, it's safe to debate?
Well, can some of you "we only have 8 planet-people' kindly chime in now? Or do you actually have to see this to believe it? Because there's no guarantee that we'll have a 'voice' left, by the time this baby shows up.

Nibiru is real. That has always been my belief since Sitchen brought it into consideration decades ago. I just wish he was still around to see this.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

CNN getting in on the 'news' too.

How long are they going to keep this charade up (again)?
They seem to put into our subconscious every few years the idea of another 'huge' something lurks out there then, they drop it!

So why is it, Nibiru doesn't exist to all the naysayers?
And why is it, Harrington was a liar to all the debunkers?
And why is it, Planet X is a myth to all you non-believers?

Is it because as long as it's a theory, it's safe to debate?
Well, can some of you "we only have 8 planet-people' kindly chime in now? Or do you actually have to see this to believe it? Because there's no guarantee that we'll have a 'voice' left, by the time this baby shows up.

Nibiru is real. That has always been my belief since Sitchen brought it into consideration decades ago. I just wish he was still around to see this.

Nibiru is real? Can you supply me with accurate sources of information with relevant pics, velocity, size and orbital dimensions? I think not.

Niburu or nibiru is nothing more than made up bunkum.....there is NO solid proof it exists and there is far more to say that it doesn't.

This new suspected planet which is an old hat has been on the pages before, it's still there, why? because there is as yet, still no direct proof for it.

I mean come on....we don't even have a decent image of what pluto looks like, and we won't do until horizon's reaches it in 2015.

People wonder why it's so hard to find the truth....well when you have people claiming things without the evidence to support it, it's often made a million times harder.

Extra-Ordinary Claims require Extra-Ordinary Evidence.....the first you have, the second you don't.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Would Tyche be the 9th planet of our Solar System, after Pluto's demise? If its existence is finally confirmed, its Solar System planet status may not be guaranteed. The reason: Astronomers theorize that Tyche could be a planet born in another star system and captured by ours. But whatever classification it gets, it's excitting to think that there may be a new neighbor just around the corner.
gizmodo.com...#!5759865/the-mystery-of-the-giant-planet-hidden-in-our-solar-system
I have been skimming through these threads and finally someone gave us a comparison photo,(good job!)just on that alone I believe it gives me/us more of a reality check on what we could be facing.I am on an small island and take this as a possible threat to me family and friends,what is bad about this is there is only 2 bridges off this island one year one bridge went down and it took all of three hours to get off to the island to the mainland.I (just in case) do have a plan of action,my husband doesn't believe any of this due to false predictions in the past so I'm kind of on my own.So again just in case I have made preparations myself I do have property in the moutains that actually has a cave system on the property,and believe you me I think saying this out loud it insane,but the way I look at it bad things has happened in the past,and could very well happen again,what makes us immune to disaster?This may not be enough to keep us safe but is some place to go.So please keep these threads coming to keep people like me and people that live on the east coast and others that are in worse situations informed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join