It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery Of The Giant Planet Hidden In Our Solar System

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by StarblazerUK

What I am 'harping' on is 'they' don't even KNOW what's out there. Is it a planet? Is it a star?
So who exactly is calling "what" the goddess of doom?

Maybe I am misreading his post but as far as I know, 'something' is out there (according to science) so how can an unknown 'something' even have a name (even figuratively speaking)

That's all.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesquid
If your opinions are shaped by other posters on ATS, you may not be very bright.

I would love to launch into a convoluted and personal opinion piece about my beliefs on planet x, but why bother? It will just get washed out amongst all the infighting. get off your pC, and go outside.

What is your belief? I'm interesting in hearing/reading it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

What I am 'harping' on is 'they' don't even KNOW what's out there. Is it a planet? Is it a star?
So who exactly is calling "what" the goddess of doom?

Maybe I am misreading his post but as far as I know, 'something' is out there (according to science) so how can an unknown 'something' even have a name (even figuratively speaking)

That's all.

As per everything, the universe and all we have ever named, it's just a name and nothing more.
The op of the comments with regards to the name was merely posting what he had found about the name from wikipedia and such .... i'm not sure why you bothered to reply to him as you did.

Sounds better than calling it ... "that thing that might or might not be out there".

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimBrandSurveillanceMan
reply to post by Human_Alien

Um... if there is one more planet or 15,000 more planets... what does it matter? I'm just curious...

The matter is, they denounced and ridiculed the possibility of Planet X for 30 years now.
How would you like to be kicking and screaming about YOUR belief only to have 99% of the people (due to what's spun out there) to call you nuts!?

And if there ARE more planets belonging to our lil' solar system then, why is it still being argued that the Annunaki race doesn't and hasn't and can't possibly exist?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Again, they do NOT know what this something is.

Unless they are prepared to call whatever this is: Tyche? Is that it?
So whether it's a star or a planet or a huge arse asteroid, the name will still stick?

Maybe that's where I am getting befuddled.

And please, don't question me as to why I might answer someone else's post. That's only going to engage in defensive answers so please, keep it civil and if you have a problem with my demeanor then, U2U me, okay?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The matter is, they denounced and ridiculed the possibility of Planet X for 30 years now.
How would you like to be kicking and screaming about YOUR belief only to have 99% of the people (due to what's spun out there) to call you nuts!?

And if there ARE more planets belonging to our lil' solar system then, why is it still being argued that the Annunaki race doesn't and hasn't and can't possibly exist?

And rightly so they denounced the doomsayer's who speak without any proof and claim that some artistic merit on some piece of stone is proof. That is no more proof of Annunaki's race than the bible is for god and jesus.

I've been kicking and screaming all my life when it comes to people who can't understand that racism is stoopid, so is homophobia and belief in things which have no proof other than what other human imaginations have conjured up through history.

You need to learn to take less offence and remember, that you are the one claiming it exists based on your faith in something that has currently no facts to base it upon....so you are the one who has the burden of proof.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Again, they do NOT know what this something is.

Unless they are prepared to call whatever this is: Tyche? Is that it?
So whether it's a star or a planet or a huge arse asteroid, the name will still stick?

Maybe that's where I am getting befuddled.

And please, don't question me as to why I might answer someone else's post. That's only going to engage in defensive answers so please, keep it civil and if you have a problem with my demeanor then, U2U me, okay?

I don't think the scientists give a damn what it's called. Until it's proven to exist, it's still a non-entity.
You can call it mickey mouse if you like.

What disappointed me with your reply to the other posters post is that it was clear you didn't even read it, you instantly became defensive over your precious belief in this planet that you took it as if this guy was saying that "Tyche" is it's name and that's final and it's because of yadda chaos yadda.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Sigh.... More planet X crap.... They said they discovered it back in 1983.... Then they ignored it until now... Now it's supposed to exist again.... Whats the point? why ignore it, then unignore it.... Does it exist or not. It such a lame topic now that I can't even be bothered to believe any of it.

Then it appears, they did their job flawlessly!

Because I agree.
It's in
It's out
It's Nemesis
It's Tyche
It's not Planet X
It's possibly Planet IX
It's real
It's a legend.

Yup. Confuse to the point of not caring. Quite brilliant actually.

So if this star, planet moon or whatever, appears on our horizon one morning, no one will care. And when Betelgeuse explodes and creates two suns in our skies, that too, no one will care.

They are literally making us numb to all this galactic news lately.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Then it appears, they did their job flawlessly!

Because I agree.
It's in
It's out
It's Nemesis
It's Tyche
It's not Planet X
It's possibly Planet IX
It's real
It's a legend.

Yup. Confuse to the point of not caring. Quite brilliant actually.

So if this star, planet moon or whatever, appears on our horizon one morning, no one will care. And when Betelgeuse explodes and creates two suns in our skies, that too, no one will care.

They are literally making us numb to all this galactic news lately.

It's only confusing if you take it as something more than it is before it's been proven

I personally will wait until they can give me more information and I will base my opinions on that and what I can find out myself which is factually accurate and without assumptions.

If this planet, star, moon or whatever is proven, i'm sure you will find all the info and people will be able to make accurate predictions of what it's effect will be in enough time to at least get peoples attention.

People will care if betelgeuse goes in our life time, but not for the reasons you seem to hope. It's too far away to do anything to us, especially in our life time if it even goes pop before the sun gobbles us up or some random asteroid slaps us about turn.

Nothing is sacred these days, the internet has made sure of that, but for sure, there's a lot of supposition and assumption going on which makes it so much harder to even engauge in a proper discussion.

They are not making you numb, you are making your self numb for not looking at the facts more and trying to connect the dots, when you don't even know if it's meant to form a picture, or you are just doodling.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Ya know, here you go again. Do NOT tell me what I did or did NOT do. I read ALL posts. What may have happened I misread it.

Here I was welcoming you thinking you'll be a great addition. I guess I misread that too!

My point (and I am not directing this to you because frankly, I dont want to hear from you again) is, how can they name something if it's not defined plus, might be more than one.

Example:

Which one is Tyche? For that matter, which one is Nemesis?
What's the other body called name?

Don't you see? They are purposefully just feeding us bull to make this an easy acceptable transition all the while confusing the crap out of those paying attention/

I'm done with this conversation.
I know what I am trying to convey and apparently, it ain't coming across.

So...anyone else have anything NEW to add?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I named both my children before they were born.
I also named my lizard before I knew I could have one.

I, today, said elastainer ... instead of elastic retainer, which now is the new name of something I use in my job lol.

Names mean nothing
You can call it bob if you like, we don't know if it exists, there's an outside chance, just like that of me being able to do a back flip whilst juggling and not dropping my balls, but, alas it means nothing until it's proven, much like my supposed skill of back flipping whilst juggling

Sorry to come over in a way which you don't appreciate, but you need to also understand that what you are doing by claiming links without accurate proof, is much like naming planets without proof....until they are substantiated, they can be ridiculed and tested to the limits....it will break somewhere, either at the truth or the falsity.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

It's just a name... so far
don't get hung up on it lol.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
well, it certainly would be planet x if science didn't hate pluto so much.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thanks for posting the videos weedwhacker.

Maybe Tyche is supposed to tie off the gravity plane of Sol. How can it even be influenced by the sun's gravity with it being so far out?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

But we're not talking about you or me. We're talking about officials.

I just can't seem to make my point because you're not understanding and I, can't communicate it.

Okay, here, let's try this.

Say there's a storm coming. NOAA knows there's a big storm (possibly two storms, riding piggy back) heading to the east coast any WEEK and decides to NAME it.
Now, how does NOAA know what kind of storm it is? Only hurricanes /typhoons get names. Plus, just one (premature) name? Why not two?
But better question, why at all?

If NASA doesn't know what this is, (for all they know it could be a giant asteroid that USUALLY don't get names) how can it name it?

My point is, seems someone knows something MORE than what they're telling us.

I can't make this any clearer than what I just laid out for you.

Have a great one!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Now why does this article say it was found when the others say, they're looking for it?

And actually, this article says it was FOUND yet five paragraphs later says: "If proved to be right about Tyche’s existence"
Just more and more misleading confusing information once again.

I am so done with MSM and although I stopped paying attention to them years ago, I got caught up with all this new-planet hype and now..... I'm reminded why I never read, watch or trust them!

Tyche (read: ty-kee), is the (possibly) newest planet discovery made by two scientists using NASA’S Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) telescope. It was found in the Oort Cloud on the edge of the solar system, lurking behind the planet formerly known as Pluto, in what appears to be the galaxy’s hardest game of hide-and-seek to date.

www.ecorazzi.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

It's not Planet X
It's possibly Planet IX

hey ..er just to clarify something I think you're misunderstanding.. the "X" used in "Planet X" is referring not to the roman numeral "10" but to the actual letter "X" as in "X - Y - Z " .. as in "fill in the blank" ... "Mr X" .. X marks the spot.. etc...

it may be numbered as the 9th planet since Pluto as demoted.. but I think you're thinking the X means 10 when that's not hat it's been used as in reference to it's name... it's X as in ... a hypothetical mystery.. an unknown as of yet.. etc..

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Now why does this article say it was found when the others say, they're looking for it?

And actually, this article says it was FOUND yet five paragraphs later says: "If proved to be right about Tyche’s existence"
Just more and more misleading confusing information once again.

I am so done with MSM and although I stopped paying attention to them years ago, I got caught up with all this new-planet hype and now..... I'm reminded why I never read, watch or trust them!

Tyche (read: ty-kee), is the (possibly) newest planet discovery made by two scientists using NASA’S Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) telescope. It was found in the Oort Cloud on the edge of the solar system, lurking behind the planet formerly known as Pluto, in what appears to be the galaxy’s hardest game of hide-and-seek to date.

www.ecorazzi.com...

The key is in the word "possibly". This is one source and not even a direct source from WISE representatives. As per usual, the media hypes it up and people are reading too much into it.

I know what you are saying RE:Naming things before they appear. But as soon as something is theorized to exist, much like black holes, dark matter, dark energy, it's given a name to make it easier for the officials and media to communicate with others.

There has been plenty of items in the periodic table that were named before they knew for sure they existed, mainly based on information they gleaned which lead them to believe that there were more elements than the standard table set out.

Im not seeing anything threatening, warning of any definite proof that this planet will ever effect earth, nor am I seeing anything currently that is shown 100% to exist out there...when the evidence comes in and you can check through it and it can be verified, that's when i'll believe it

Calling it Tyche just means that You or I can use that name and we will know what each other is talking about ... however if they called it "Tz21012cb 8397f" I'd be less inclined to be bothered to type it, doesn't roll of the tongue as well, and ofcourse, we all know how important it is that something sounds impressive...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
How close is the Voyager space probe to this newly discovered object? Surely it could get some pics for us?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
How close is the Voyager space probe to this newly discovered object? Surely it could get some pics for us?

Oort cloud is around 50,000au (Astronomical Unit), voyager one is currently only 116au and voyager 2 is only 95au.

1au being roughly 93 million miles, mean distance between the sun and earth. So....nowhere near

Voyagers camera's are not much use in all honesty and I'm also not sure if they are still working, but i'm sure I can find out
Currently they are however the furthest man made objects from earth and also the fastest man made space bound object at a speed of roughly around 33,000 - 39,000 mph

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join