It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the New Boss the Same as the Old Boss, the Tragic Outcome of Egypt’s Revolution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't have much to add except I want to thank Proto, Jackflap and Josephus23 for your excellent research on this topic, things are becoming much clearer and the reasons this revolution may have come about, we all know that nothing is as simple as it seems; there is one word that always comes up, that would be oil.

Also thanks to other posters who have contributed.

S&F

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Nothing will ever change all of this is just a diversion and a distraction and the audience, as I dont like to say members as participation is minimal and subjective, should know this by now.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

The reason that was so funny is because, not only did The Bangles perform at my HIGH SCHOOL when I was in 8th grade (North Cobb High School.... look it up), But because...

I don't want to get too deep into my misbegotten youth in the West Hollywood California Music scene as it reminds me of the vagaries and indignities of age, but the truth is that the Powers that Be have no shortage of ways to distract us, dumb us down and even to trick us into spiking our hair up really high and purchasing lots of hairspray!

Indeed Hollywood's Golden Age was during the 1930's and the Great Depression as millions of Americans flocked to theatres with the little bit of money they did have to be entertained and escape the reality of their impoverished existence by watching those living a much richer fantasy one.

Bread and circuses continue to be used as distractions to this day, and to a certain extent what we see here in these topics are two crowds, those who optimistically want to keep on living and hoping for the best, while extolling others that there is no use in really worrying since there is 'nothing' you can do about it, versus those who feel it's in our best interest to reject the political and media line and it's spin and bait to keep digging and probing, often feeling that somehow, someway we either must act or contemplate how we might act to try to make a difference.

The truth is in the average revolution 10% of the people are actually trying to effect change and 10% of the people are actively trying to stop it and maintain the status quo, while about 80% will jump on either side of the fence to get their bread buttered.

So it's a small group of people who act on either side with a very large group of people either not wanting to be bothered or to act, as they see a advantage of straddling the fence and jumping on to the side that comes out on top quietly like they were there all along.

The propaganda wars are definately heating up again, and so too will the peer pressure to just go along and accept the media spin, and to believe that regardless the individual can not make a difference.

History shows us again and again though, a history full of individual heros that societies are later taught to emulate the virtues and thinking of, that yes, individual people can make a difference.

These are interesting times we live in, and thanks to the Intenet in many ways we are all part of the circus.

Fight the good fight, and dare to be different, that's what I say...as that truly is the New World Order's worst nightmare.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
I don't have much to add except I want to thank Proto, Jackflap and Josephus23 for your excellent research on this topic, things are becoming much clearer and the reasons this revolution may have come about, we all know that nothing is as simple as it seems; there is one word that always comes up, that would be oil.

Also thanks to other posters who have contributed.

S&F

There have been a lot of excellent contributions to this thread and it's great to see just how many people have a mind to look at these deeper core issues and players and to discuss the other factors and aspects involved the media and politicians ignore or barely touch upon.

Ultimately I think if things are ever going to change for the better it's going to take everyone, everywhere, all over the world trying to effect it at the same time, so it's great to see so many people all over the world looking deeply at what really is wrong and going on and needs changed.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Aquarius....

Your flattery makes me blush.
While I appreciate the love, so much more than words relate, what I have is a true love for this country, and I feel as if I am finally developing into what it is I am meant to be.

However, when I say that statement I want the readers to know that without a single fracking doubt,

"Every man and every woman is a star"- Aleister Crowley

We all have a role to play in solving this puzzle, and thank GOD (that is a metaphor BTW, if it offends you then you have some serious issues) that we are ALL in this together, because trying to tackle Rome by myself might prove to be a bit difficult.

I have learned things here at ATS that will stick with me forever.
Thank you for being my teacher.

Cheers

edit on 2/13/2011 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Since the military took control I think it's best to call this a Coup.
It's unlikely that anything will change for the average Egyptian .. the current corrupt government will be replaced by another. The unemployment will rise because of the huge uncertainty, chasing away what little business there was in Egypt.. and the lovely prospect of Marshal Law. Yay. Freedom for everyone!
I don't think I've ever seen a more blatantly staged "revolution" before.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Great assessment Rockpuck and Martial Law in reality is what the Egyptians now have since the Parliment has been disbanded and the Constitution suspended, leaving the Military in charge, is well...definately Martial Law.

So far it looks like it's just an attempt to more or less preserve the status quo as far as every day life, but it certainly could change if the people start challenging Military rule.

Thanks for weighing in.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You are more than correct Proto, as well as Rockpuck, Egypt is now in a state of subvertivopenly martial law.
That was a made up word...

We, in America, have been living in this similar situation since 1863 when Lincoln declared bankruptcy and put the Union under a state of martial law.
Heck, the 14th Amendment was shot down by my beautiful home state in sweet dixie, Georgia, until the completely un-constitutional Reconstruction Acts replaced the ENTIRE legislature with lackeys who would support "citizenship" in this more powerful incorporated Union.

(BTW.... all 8 Black congressman from my state of Georgia voted AGAINST the 14th Amendment. The same congressmen, who, along with the same state legislature, ratified the 13th Amendment. ALL of them were replaced by presidential order during the Reconstruction Acts after refusing to ratify the 14th Amendment.
We had to have a strong central government, consequently with a national bank. If you have never read and tried to comprehend the 13th and 14th Amendments, then give it a shot. Do it NOW.
And then try to figure out why one group would ratify one and not the other. ESPECIALLY EVERY BLACK LEGISLATOR FROM THE STATE OF GEORGIA).

Western culture is what we export to the rest of the world.
The point is a new SECULAR order.

And the impressive information unearthed by Jackflap only adds yet another layer upon why the West wants even more control in Egypt.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

So true Josephus, the crimes of our own Government go largely unnoticed and unreported as a dishonest corporate media controls the flow of information and editorializes it to lead people to ignoring and overlooking these crimes and supporting the government's every excess and desire.

Meanwhile the propoganda machine is gearing up full swing against Iran once more, in yet another bid to turn a cold war of words into a piping hot conflict.

My friend, it would be one thing if America had 0% unemployment, if everyone was gainfully and productively employed, if everyone had a decent standard of living, if people right here weren't going hungry and homeless, if we didn't have the highest per capita prison population in the world where over 65% of them are there for non-violent victimless crimes, for us to go around exporting our system of government.

We are actually made to believe we are doing other nations a favor by forcing corrupt puppet governments on them, in bed with the same International Corporations that have corrupted our own, exported our jobs to where ever they can rape third world countries of cheap labor and resources just to improve their bottom line and make us all the more dependent on a big overly intrusive and litigous government just for a few hand outs in order to survive.

The world is in trouble, and in part because we are trained to ignore and even glorify our own, to visit them on others, as some kind of noble chivalrous pursuit that really makes the world no better at all except for the few thousand patrician families who drive the process to secure resources rape whole societies and cement their own control of us all through the control of those resources.

Corporate Slavery is exported at the barrel of a gun under the banner of democratic freedom, religious intollerence is exported under the banner of preemptive war, but the truth is the corporate shadow government is simply trying to secure all the world's resources and impose a homegenous system on everyone, and incredibly Americans are being made to fight and pay for the bulk of it.

They call this freedom, I call it insanity.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I'm telling you while you may not enjoy a life like that, it is the life a majority of the world desires and is trying to work towards. You want to know why people are "complacent" in your parts? It's because they have fairly comfortable lives. If you hate it so much, change lives with a Bangladeshi or something.
edit on 13-2-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

I'm telling you while you may not enjoy a life like that, it is the life a majority of the world desires and is trying to work towards. You want to know why people are "complacent" in your parts? It's because they have fairly comfortable lives. If you hate it so much, change lives with a Bangladeshi or something.

Yeah trade down, not up, gee don't quit your day job to sell cars you will go broke.

I aspire to the highest common denominator my friend.

Want to pretend our society is perfect, and can be no better, coast through life, never challenge yourself, accept second best, second place, go right ahead.

Americans didn't use to have that kind of mediocre spirit.

Then again America is not what it used to be.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I always give my best. I'm just saying the lifestyle you mock so much is the lifestyle a majority of the world desires for themselves and are working towards.

Also I'm not American.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I always give my best. I'm just saying the lifestyle you mock so much is the lifestyle a majority of the world desires for themselves and are working towards.

Also I'm not American.

We could all enjoy a better lifestyle friend, and indeed many Americans lifestyle has gone down.

It's evidenced in performance and shipping reports that show 40 to 60% reductions across the board in goods being shipped and sold to market.

It's no secret, nor is the bank manipulation and corporate greed that led to it.

Unemployment remains at a record high, even though many corporations who control monopolies are posting record profits.

Our system of government is broke and you would like me to ignore that because I can get a redbox video and people in the Amazon Rain Forest or a New Delhi slum can't?

I shouldn't be concerned about friends and business associates who have lost homes and businesses and jobs who would like to work hard and earn a decent living but are denied the opportunity because of corporate greed and colusion, government corruption, and over regulation?

Because someone in Nepal is having their Yak taken away?

Sure, great advice friend.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Did I say you should ignore it, or do you just like putting words in people's mouths? I just commented that your lifestyle is what most people want. Read again.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I think in some way these video tells it all...

www.youtube.com...

waiting for Master Billy to make a part two for these genereation...

edit on 14-2-2011 by Prokopio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Did I say you should ignore it, or do you just like putting words in people's mouths? I just commented that your lifestyle is what most people want. Read again.

Here have a slice of American Pie, made back before all the jobs were exported, the living wage stagnated, the trade unions broken up by the Corporations, and we actually made our own products, before the corporations started hiding inflation in cheap foreign goods made with resources and labor raped from third world nations.

The good old days when correct was correct and not simply politically correct, when wisdom was wisdom and not conventional wisdom, and the education system wasn't watered down so a highschool graduate would be functionally illiterate.

Back in the days when the most prized virtue Americans had was dissent and being critical of Government true to democratic principles and ideals of freedom and not simply expected to submit because the people in Bangladesh need a charity concert.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
and I wonder just how many people were
involved with giving Mubarek that poison
that caused his coma?

It was a military coup by poison.
at least that is my opinion.

same thing with Arafat and Ariel Sharon.

If it had not been for that act,
protesters would still be dying
in the streets.

edit on 2/14/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Such an enigma of a song Proto, but yet so appropriate.

The song American Pie's lyrics have been said to mean many things.
The first interpretation that comes to mind is the death of JFK, although McClean has said that the song is about the plane crash that killed Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and the Big Bopper.

American Pie truly captured the essence of Americana, or what was America's halcyon dream.

Interesting enough, we are at the tipping point.
We can either learn from our environment, adapt, and survive. Just as our forefather's managed to both propagate and maintain some semblance of privacy and freedom; or...

We can descend into the same exact hell that will soon be in Egypt, is in Israel, and is on its way in both Afghanistan and Iraq.
(Iran is secular and a completely contrived enemy BTW... don't pay attention to propaganda. Next time you complain about their form of judicial punishment, remember all of the innocent people that WE have executed throughout history. Look in the mirror, and afterward, do not judge what you see in the same fashion as you judged your mirror reflection)

Have empathy for the world and dedicated unconditional love for the self.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Sounds like great advice, as far as the unconditional love and support.

Something I can concur with, and in a way this was prompted by some one apparently doing what I personally caution adivise so many people here from getting caught up in, and that's telling or wanting to influence how other nations should live and exist.

Let each clean up their own back yard. Sadly foreign interests want to meddle us much in government here as special interests do.

The problem with both is they really don't care beyond that one interest or concession that serves them and then the heck with the rest of the equation.

Worse still because they have the singular concession they want, their foreign aide package, their weapons, or their disability check they fight against anything that might change government in a fundamental way as something that could take away their foreign aide, or their weapons or their disability check which leads us to the most IMPORANT charachter in the song...

THE JESTER

Their provocations and extollations are really what amounts to a joke on us. Because they are only singularly concerned about something that serves them individually as a foreign nation, or as an individual or corporation they basically want to make fools of us all, by feeding us false notions and dogmas and using all forms of manipulation and persuasion to maintain the status quo that serves them.

You can see American after American want to take on the role of the Jester when it comes to Egypt or Iran or any place where they percieve America is better off if we have one aspect or multiple aspects of another nation's and people's government and culture made to be our way.

Yet usually 'our' way is the corporations and the banks and the military industrial complex that used their own Jesters to decieve, trick, cajole, browbeat and frighten Americans into thinking that some how serves us all instead of just them, and amazingly those are the things that usually lead to a big foreign aide check, a gift of weapons or a military action that we pay for because we are made to pay for that just diminishes us all, and does help to earn the ire of the rest of the world.

We tend to also have this notion that once we send that check "Well Egypt should worry about what we want if they want that 3 billion a year"

Buying a human being is slavery, but attempting to buy a nation and bend it to the checks writer will is...?

But yea as you listen to the song the references to the Jester are in my opinion the most noteworthy.

I don't think McClean was actually singing about Buddy Holly but I think it was a 'safe' way for him to put the song out there at a time when guys like John Lennon were being dogged by the FBI as subversives.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
and I wonder just how many people were
involved with giving Mubarek that poison
that caused his coma?

It was a military coup by poison.
at least that is my opinion.

same thing with Arafat and Ariel Sharon.

If it had not been for that act,
protesters would still be dying
in the streets.

edit on 2/14/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

This is the inherent problem with climbing the corporate ladder, it's always up and out, they never put you back to washing cars, just in a potters field.

It remains a performance oriented world.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join