It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I fear we all shall die.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Reading the bible made me realize we all shall die because of a happening.

All we read is we will be resurrected on 'the' day.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Did i miss the rest of the OP?

Is that it?

The truth is, we all WILL DIE EVENTUALLY. We don't need the bible to tell us thus.

As for the resurrection part. Let's wait and see. One step at a time.

Vvv

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
John 6:44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
That happening IS called death.

Accept it, and just enjoy ALL the tests that life challenges you with.

Be happy within yourself as everyone dies alone.

peace.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Everyone dies and if you keep making one line posts you will not be one of those people resurrected on 'the day'.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Yup we will because humans don't live forever. That's way we reproduce so that our species won't go extinct.

Cheers ^__^

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I have no fears of death because it is a natural process.
I did read Dr. Suess.....and I do fear green eggs and ham though.
Don't believe everything you read or you might fear green eggs and ham too.
Ewwww green eggs!!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
John 6:47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

6:53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

Real food is his flesh and his blood is real drink. So as we eat everyday and we drink everyday we take Jesus as meal and will live eternaly.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by archasama

Doesn't a life where we couldn't cherish our works forever seem futile?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I am sorry, but I do not agree with your religous rhetoric. Why are you afrraid to die? We cannot live forever you know. Accept it and live your life to the fullest. Be as prepared as you can be, enough to outlast the other guy, and you will be alright and please open your mind a little.

I do not want to sit and have a religous debate this morning. I have got to get ready for class(I am 32) and do not have time. This is the only thread that I will reply to this morning because I think you need to seek someone to talk to. Let a little of the fear and depression escape for a while. Or maybe some sunshine will do it for you.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I believe in eternal life.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Jesus sounds like a cannibal.
Eating his flesh and drinking the blood of man sounds like a cannibal .....I'll stick to my green eggs and ham.
Ohh Dr Suess...you ribber you.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Let me get this straight: you read the bible and the result is that you now fear death.
What does that say about the bible? or yourself for that matter?
We are all going to "die" so best adjust to that idea.
Eternal life is "just" an idea but it's doubtful you would pursue actual experimentation to test your belief.
Thanks for the bible reference where Jesus said "eat me" (John 6:47).

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Reading the bible made me realize we all shall die because of a happening.

All we read is we will be resurrected on 'the' day.

Well, we're all going to die, obviously (unless the Dispensationalists are right, and there's a "rapture", and it happens soon, but I personally do not think that's going to happen.)

What happens after you die, until the final judgement, that's a matter of a lot of debate. A lot of people believe that we "sleep" and have no awareness until that day. Paul seems to support this in a number of places, but he also says in a couple of places that he "longs to be free of this body and to be with Christ" which sort of implies that the spirit does go on to heaven before the final judgement.

The resurrection on "the" day, as you put it, is the resurrection of the body. Most Protestants believe that only Jesus has been resurrected in the body (the perfect, imperishable, everlasting body) as of now, while most Catholics believe that both Jesus and Mary are the only physical beings in heaven (he through ascension, she through assumption) but everyone's pretty much on board with no one else has been resurrected in the flesh yet. (Elijah is another "special case", I'm not sure where most people are on that one.)

Don't worry about it. Whatever it works out to be, it should be an interesting ride, and, if you truly believe that God is good, he has a plan, and you're a part of that, then it will all work out in the end, so no worries.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
˙ʇɔɐɟ sıɥʇ ʇɐ ɹıɐdsǝp ʇ,upןnoɥs noʎ ˙ǝuoʎɹǝʌǝ ɹoɟ ǝʇɐɟ ǝɥʇ s,ʇı ˙ɥʇɐǝp ǝdɐɔsǝ ǝuo ou ˙ǝɟıן ɟo ʇɹɐd sı ɥʇɐǝp

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

I was shown to see it in the way his flesh is the worldish real food we eat, and that real drinks are his blood!
So at breakfast when you are eating your bread and drinking your milk you are actually digesting Jesus. Jesus body is in these breads and drinks. Everything you can eat and drink is Jesus. Does anybody see what I mean?

That would be a blessed meal!

When you eat it you will have eternal life. Many must be worthy this meal.
edit on 2011/2/7 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
OP, stop posting bible verses and think for yourself...

those verses have nothing to do with what you eat on a daily basis...

Those verses are about the word of God, they have nothing to do with food..

when (if) you go to church and they say, eat this cracker, its the flesh of Jesus. Then drink this wine, (grapejuice) its the blood of jesus...

Its symbolic of the word of christ... Those who partake in the word of God will have eternal life...

Regardless, fearing death is a waste of time, we all have to die one way or the other...

Fear of anything is just wasted energy...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There's the life and death of the physical vessel, our bodies. Then there's the life and death of our spirits. The one everyone should be most concerned with, (but most are not) is the latter. Eternal life is gained only via two things. That being through Christ - by accepting him as Lord and Savior as well as having what is called a "Good Heart Condition" which is a humble heart. BOTH requirements must be met in order to obtain Eternal Life.
edit on 7-2-2011 by ReginaAdonnaAaron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Everyone dies dont they?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
Let me get this straight: you read the bible and the result is that you now fear death.
What does that say about the bible? or yourself for that matter?
every living thing fears death, it's a natural process... watch many nature shows ? those gazelle never read the bible least I don't think. And what about other spiritual books out there ? I guess they are all the Bible too...

We are all going to "die" so best adjust to that idea.
the Bible is a very special book, it looks at life and death and actions and result, it speaks across time to those who have an ear, one has to wonder where it came from and why it was written. That is a big mystery of the bible... it has archeological accuracy and in fact the bible is where archeology comes from, the first archeologist where searching for biblical sites. If you ever even tried to read the Quran now there is something you would be denouncing even as an atheist. It makes pretty much no sense, the arrangement is from shortest to longest verse and it is hard to be feeling it like reading a good novel.

the bible is unique in alot of ways...
edit on 2/13/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join