It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "we are god" theory

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NicelyToasted

I believe that that the whole "we are God" subject is part of the great deception. For those of you that are non christian please don't ridicule me

Well, I am a non-christian, and I happen to agree with you, though my view of the nature of the deception differs from your own.

To me, the "we are God" assertion is like a drop of water exclaiming it is the ocean. The drop and the ocean are both water, but...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
For me these discussions deepen my faith and my love in and for Jesus Christ, and I'm very grateful for that, so thank you all, may I do something with that, sharing it appropriately and in a loving way which might then benefit all in the house.

edit on 7-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I would love for many people on this thread to state what the above questions mean to you.

If I may, I shall respond to a couple of your questions.

"What are you needing saved from?"

I need to be saved from my desires and attachments in this world, and the mountains of karmas with which the actions of my ego have burdened my soul.

"What does it mean to you that the kingdom is within you?"

It means that my true spiritual home, the heavens and beyond, may all be reached or realized from within myself.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
OK, So I stopped lurking here specifically oo post in this thread.

See, for me, the full answer was given back on page 1 of this thread by Dragonspirit. Spot on.

And all these responses like " how do you beleive this Cr**" and the devout Christian "God does care about right and wrong" and everything in between is just missing the point. See, when people post that "You have no proof" or that "logically......" but hang on a minute. First of all, no one has any proof, not even those who deny God or that we are part of him. There is no logic underpinning reality - see the delayed choice quantum eraser double slit experiment. If we observe the photon it is a particle, if we don't, it isn't. And if we decide weather to observe it the day after the experiment is over, well, it will be either a particle or a wave depending on weather we keep the observations of it or not. Make sence - No of course it doesn't. But it is true - this experiment has been repeated time after time and it always works out the same way,

So - logic is out of the window for a start.

Proof - well, thats a fun one. There are those who would say our mere exsistance is proof enough, that is what we would call perhaps, a weak anthropic argument LOL. But I can no sooner proove that I am God, you are God and that God is all of us, than you can proove that I am wrong. You have no evidence to the contrary after all.

I wrote this note a couple of weeks ago, I feel I would like to paste it in here as my way of signing off. Brilliant thread by the way, I look forwards to engaging in many more with you all :O)

---------------------------

How to find God.

First of all you have to ask some other questions. It goes back to the very old question about if we are "a ghost in the machine". What makes us concious? What gives us our self awareness> I think therefore I am does not go far enough.... I am what? Am I a product of an electron in a biological circuit linking this neuron to that?

Do we have spirit/soul? Look inside and if you see your love, your copassion, your empathy, your soul, then there is your God.

Our god is all of us. Like a broken shattered morror which is still stuck in its frame, from 10 feet away you can still see yourself reflecting back at you, the whole you. But stand close up and you can see a thousand you's one in each bit of the morror. If we are the ghost in the machine, then all those gost together make up the 1 true god.

There is no religion will teach you this, although some can come close to it. You can't find God looking out there for someone else to give you the answer.

If you want to know God, if you want to love and worship him, then you need to know youself, to love and worship yourself, and your neighbours, and everyone else we share this little planet with. Then you have not just found God, but you have also found heaven.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
As far as I can tell, I cannot remember creating myself.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
As far as I can tell, I cannot remember creating myself.

Well, of course you don't - remembering would defeat the purpose.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

I would love for many people on this thread to state what the above questions mean to you.

If I may, I shall respond to a couple of your questions.

"What are you needing saved from?"

I need to be saved from my desires and attachments in this world, and the mountains of karmas with which the actions of my ego have burdened my soul.

"What does it mean to you that the kingdom is within you?"

It means that my true spiritual home, the heavens and beyond, may all be reached or realized from within myself.

Hi mystic..thanks for offering feedback.

Can I ask further...you said you need to be saved from desires and attachments ect and I agree these are defiantly the things we all are to work on through life...but do you think its really a 'saving' more so then a 'evolving, growing, learning, through self will and understanding?

Can someone else really save you from these things...without your own will and self being what over comes them, learns to live more for other things then material things and being led by the ego self.

Dont we all 'work on self'....and can anyone else 'save you' from the things you need to work on to become more of the nature of spirit?

Do you see what Im saying? We say things like 'save'...but yet we still have to walk the walk...dont we?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
This has to be the most arrogant ego filled generations of all times, If we are gods then we are the most powerful entities in this universe? With the little knowledge we know about this world we live in we actually have the nerves to now call ourselves god?.....wtfup!

You are nothing but a human being who eats, sleeps, gets sick, reproduces, dies like everyone else. Nothing special here......someone who fears death and is unable to answer some of the simplest questions on life. Someone who doubts what awaits him after death, Someone who's rights and freedom will be soon taken away from them. You fear like everyone else, You sin like everyone else, You can't even save yourself from the system, Yet you call yourself god. Even the ancients with all their knowledge were not dumb enough to worship themselves, They all believed in greater entities.

This just seems as bad as the Jews calling themselves the chosen people. There are no chosen people we are all equal.

Hi there

I would love to discuss further with you.

Every generation has had groups and individuals that are full of themselves...that hold themselves above others.

But what is being suggested in the recent or present thought of 'we are all god' is not a ego trip that causes the ego to fill up. For some, yes, they will use this for intents of self. But the true understanding of such is not about chosen people, and it is, about equality in all beings.

To say 'God is all things, infinite, and nothing can 'be' without Thee'....can in turn also say....'All things hold within them God, and all things are of Thee'. This is not suggesting anyone is any different then another.

This is not saying we are all 'gods' in plural form, being our own separate entity....(though there are those that believe such)....but this is about God, being a singularity, and all things, being of that singularity....a 'true self' of us all that we share at our core being.

The word 'god' is very distorted and such ideas can easily feed a hungry ego for sure. But if you look, you will see a group of people that are very humble and that are trying to 'speak for unity and harmony' on this planet, as 'one' species'. They understand oneness...and they dont hold anyone as any better then any other. God being of all things and all things being of God...makes nature no less special then us as conscious beings...or us no more special then animals...its all emanating a 'one expression' of 'one be-ing'. Im not talking about 'literal being' as something physical...Im talking about a consistent energy that is infinitely in 'to and fro' emanating through expressions (pushing outwardly...flowing into new forms).

Also...this has nothing to do with worship of any kind. Its about awareness...observation....and reverence to all life. Respecting the cycle and order of the universe and nature which we are a part of. We are not here to do tricks, to save ourselves from a system...we are here to evolve the system over time, to learn from the past and to learn through cause and effects.

Some may confuse the old definitions of 'god' with different ways it is being used today. People still think of God as this separate something that by will alone can come in and save the day. I think today, many are starting to take on the idea that God is the life energy that follows natural orders and cycles of 'flow' and through us as conscious beings...we become of that 'flow' too or we can fight against its nature and try to RULE the flow.

Be the change you want to see in the world...if you await a god to fix it for us. That is the best I can tell to those that await something outside of them to fix everything and take all suffering away. I guess they still find that its a mistake that we suffer or that we experience pain and loss....so they fill in the gaps with a 'god that they await' to save them.

When I think its more about....god, the eternal spirit with in us all...is waiting on us to let our inner core nature work through this body of flesh and that it is through us, change will only come.

So this is not about worship, about any chosen ones, or about power.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Damn, I'd love to see just one of you mahatmas string together a cogent argument supporting any of this stuff that's based on logic or verified empirical evidence. The way these posts run, you'd think that there's a mountain of actual proof somewhere that backs some of it at least.

I have given you the argument,you,Narcissus, refuse to face it. The The KNee of LIstening is exactly that argument. Krishna,Buddha,Jesus,Adi Da and many others have lived that argument to their disciples. The Truth is known by Intuition not knowledge. Knowledge and the Knower are the Illusion.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Can I ask further...you said you need to be saved from desires and attachments ect and I agree these are defiantly the things we all are to work on through life...but do you think its really a 'saving' more so then a 'evolving, growing, learning, through self will and understanding?

I think it is both a 'saving' and an evolving through self will and understanding. The two go hand in hand, I believe, though the growth in self-will and understanding only come through saving grace.

Dont we all 'work on self'....and can anyone else 'save you' from the things you need to work on to become more of the nature of spirit?

Do you see what Im saying? We say things like 'save'...but yet we still have to walk the walk...dont we?

Yes, that is my point, the two work together, the effort and grace go hand in hand. We are given the grace to apply the effort, and the effort makes us receptive to more grace.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by asher
reply to post by NorEaster

i wasnt trying to run you off the thread. but your on ATS theres gonna be alot of outlandish # on here. just because you dont agree dosent mean you have to call there belief bull#. i dont agree with alot of things people put on this site but i dont try to make them out to be crazy. im not even saying that im right im just stating my point of view. you should be more open minded. no ones claiming their point of view is better than anyone elses

ATS is also about challenging assertions. In fact, it's all about challenging assertions - government assertions, MSM assertions, and all assertions. This isn't a support group for people who wish reality wasn't the way it insists on being. It's (often) a bareknuckle battle for the truth on this board. Believe me, I take my lumps too. Plenty of them.

when you have an OBE your not in the physical realm so you dont have control over physical objects. plus you can only do it while your sleeping so you cant do it any time
edit on 6-2-2011 by asher because: somthin about computer hard drives

Ever think that you might just be having really cool dreams? Seriously. Just because some guy with a book deal tells you that you're astralling whenever you have a vivid dream about being in other places, doesn't mean that you're astralling. Theres an issue of verification that you really need to get in touch with. Not for anyone else, but really for yourself. Someday you'll need to deal with that issue, regardless of whether it involves astral projecting or making sense out of where your life's shifted to and why.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
@ Noreaster

Many discover this 'oneness' and being a part of a 'whole' through their own reasoning and understanding. For the most part...I think you are very wrong that this is all about people that want to make money and then people just 'buy into it'.

Honestly, It seems that this whole idea causes you to have a defensive reaction...which might show more to why you feel the need to claim it all off as a bunch of people just buying into it.

Defensive? Try offensive. You have no idea who I am or what drives me.

The ego is afraid of any idea that says...we are not really individuals at all. That we are not separate beings at all. Many are not ready to let go of desires of self, the things that the self is attracted to like pride, greed, power, lust...and this will show in their actions of what they choose to live for. Glory for the self, or glory for the all.

Did you know that unless something can be delineated and isolated, it cannot be said to logically exist? Look up the word exist and do some research on the implications of what the definition suggests. You can call anything someone does that you disapprove of "the ego manifesting" and lump all of it into whatever trash bin you want. Go ahead, but don't be surprised if you start getting challenged on that assertion. People instinctively know that they exist, and that the fact that they exist is not a personal failing on their part. You can chastize them for embracing their unique personhood, but in the end, you'll fail to make people disappear. Even a million of you can't make people disappear. They exist and they exist as unique and inimitable entities that have value regardless of what anyone tries to insist.

Its not something anyone should try to prove to another...or something that anyone should claim as a fact for all. Its a personal discovery and if one really understands it, this will show in their 'being'.

Now, this is where I get really irritated. You're suggesting that my "being" is not to the same level as your "being". That I don't accept this because I haven't transcended to wherever the hell you're sitting. The truth is that you and others like you play that same damn card every time you're pressed on whatever it is you're selling. And yeah, you're selling. I used to prep and dispatch marketing shills, and I know how to cluster them on sites like this. I taught high tech companies how to market on boards like this. I'm not a kid to this environment.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Truth is never as complicated as we seem to want it to be.

God is just a word. That is all it is, a word. What that word means has changed through out Man's history. The Hebrew called it YhWh, being. The Mohamedan, Allah. There have been countless attributes and titles handed down through equally countless cultures. God, it is a word. The word for the beginning, the word for the end, the word for everything in between.

God is God. Who truly understands it? How can one even begin to say they know God when they haven't even seen tomorrow. God is tomorrow. The day that never comes. A constantly shifting morphing growing understanding with our existence.

We are all part of God. God is within us all. Mankind would do better to stop trying to define God, realise that God is within ALL, and there fore enjoy the ride loving all.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 7-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

well its good to challenge assertions because thats how you learn and improve theory s. but saying that what they believe in is crap isnt necessary. and as far as astral projection goes i could explain how its not a cool dream if you care to listen. and everything i believe in is not based off of anyones experience but my own. i really dont have any books on anything metaphysical.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Damn, I'd love to see just one of you mahatmas string together a cogent argument supporting any of this stuff that's based on logic or verified empirical evidence. The way these posts run, you'd think that there's a mountain of actual proof somewhere that backs some of it at least.

I have given you the argument,you,Narcissus, refuse to face it. The The KNee of LIstening is exactly that argument. Krishna,Buddha,Jesus,Adi Da and many others have lived that argument to their disciples. The Truth is known by Intuition not knowledge. Knowledge and the Knower are the Illusion.

Thou hast given me bullsh*t, Grasshopper . It is not an argument. It is horsesh*t, cowsh*t, pigsh*t, dogsh*t, ferretsh*t, and many others have lied to many others with that argument and centuries have fallen to crippling ignorance. The Truth exists, and can't be invented by self-satisfied people who try to intellectually intimidate those who aren't as self-satisfied. Knowledge is knowledge. The word "knowledge" means what it suggests that it means. Making up crap is making up crap, and the modern world has walked off on you and your ilk. Find a day job.

And don't ever post green at me again. That kind of thing reeks of precious and I hate precious.
edit on 2/8/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by asher

well its good to challenge assertions because thats how you learn and improve theory s. but saying that what they believe in is crap isnt necessary. and as far as astral projection goes i could explain how its not a cool dream if you care to listen. and everything i believe in is not based off of anyones experience but my own. i really dont have any books on anything metaphysical.

Look, I believe in the eternal being's capacity to experience freedom of movement, but there are very specific limitations on that sort of thing until you finally finish with the important work of your corporeal generation system. I also believe in the capacity of the human brain to be made aware of what the informational realm hides from our 5 corporeal senses, so it's not that I dismiss everything out of hand - although it must seem that way when I get into a particular battle on these threads that seems to suggest that I do.

My issue is that there is a rush to describe everything in magical, mystical terms, and this doesn't do anyone any good if it's done frantically or irresponsibly. Most of the people who will read our posts won't ever post themselves, and these are the people I am communicating with - or trying to, at least. We call them lurkers, and if you look at the stats section on the forum's index page, you'll see that there are generally between 7 and 10 times as many lurkers as posters at any one time. That means that information is being moved in only one direction most of the time on this board, and to be honest, this board suffers a significant lack of counter argument in the metaphysics, theology, physics, and supernatural forums. Someone needs to counter balance this stuff or this place will become a free web commercial for every nutjob fantasy camp out there. With the level of traffic here, that'd be a real shame to see happen.

Also, too many of the experts here have no qualms about asserting "facts" that aren't facts at all, and most lurkers won't ever have the time or inclination to fact-check them on any of it. People in this country believe that Jesus will snatch them up into the sky if they can somehow get Israel to nuke Iran, and while that sure sounds crazy as all hell, it's worse that some of them people are elected Senators and Representatives that people voted into office BECAUSE they believe that nutty sh*t.

All I know is that I started showing up here to find out the unvarnished, unfiltered truth, and if I did, then others probably are too. I'm seeing the value in challenging some of the more unrealistic stuff. Hell, in this one thread back in the Metaphysics forum, I read a guy posting from his wheelchair that he wants to know more about how he can change the already established fact that he got crippled in a car wreck by doing what the OP is claiming will make that happen for him by allowing him to reinvent that moment in his own past. Tell me that's not messed up. What happens when that poor guy figures out that he's been lied to? You can say "Buyer beware" but I don't see it that way. I see the irresponsibility of the OP who's running through that thread like a motivational speaker, and making it up sweeter and heavier as he goes. Prey isn't prey unless a predator turns it into prey. Prey isn't born prey not matter what some *sshole insists.

I believe in the limitless potential of the human being. The only difference is that I know that the human being doesn't become the fully viable and limitless human being until AFTER it's tossed the expired body into the box and moved on. That difference makes all the difference in the world.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

All I know is that I started showing up here to find out the unvarnished, unfiltered truth, and if I did, then others probably are too. I'm seeing the value in challenging some of the more unrealistic stuff. Hell, in this one thread back in the Metaphysics forum, I read a guy posting from his wheelchair that he wants to know more about how he can change the already established fact that he got crippled in a car wreck by doing what the OP is claiming will make that happen for him by allowing him to reinvent that moment in his own past. Tell me that's not messed up. What happens when that poor guy figures out that he's been lied to? You can say "Buyer beware" but I don't see it that way. I see the irresponsibility of the OP who's running through that thread like a motivational speaker, and making it up sweeter and heavier as he goes. Prey isn't prey unless a predator turns it into prey. Prey isn't born prey not matter what some *sshole insists.

I think you hit on the very reason so many of these things can run rampant. The lack of a personal search. When the masses think "it" (in whatever context) is something that is somehow not accessible to them, or somehow not a part of their reality, they start looking to others for answers. The problem in such a context is obviously "the blind leading the blind." Though, when stated as such, this one feels there is much to learn in that arena. Discussions, instead of arguments stemmed from the opposite side of the exact same spectrum, are just downright fun. Meaning, total confidence in ones personal journey as being the totality of "truth." Interestingly to me, these experiences can, and are, felt at the same time by many (if not most) people.

I believe in the limitless potential of the human being. The only difference is that I know that the human being doesn't become the fully viable and limitless human being until AFTER it's tossed the expired body into the box and moved on. That difference makes all the difference in the world.

They are still "human" after all human constructs are gone?

I think the way i see this is that while the butterfly can not spread its wings for others to see in the last stages of chrysalis, the being is still aware of its beauty. Now, obviously, i am not making a direct simile, as our "cocoon" is a bit more complicated than hardened silk.. But truly, what are the limits you see as a human being? past the obvious ones like fragile. To clarify, what do you think can be done after the body is shed, that can not be done within its limits? What are those limits, and who has shown you what those limits are?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Greetings NorEaster,

You typed the following in response to another member here and i just wanted to take an opportunity to, possibly, clarify what i believe was meant.

You're suggesting that my "being" is not to the same level as your "being". That I don't accept this because I haven't transcended to wherever the hell you're sitting.

I think the operative idea here is breadth of perspective. For example, would you consider yourself on a higher perceptual; functional level than say a young child? This wasn't an attempt at being profound or dismissive in relation to your position-just logical. I think this is the real 'fruit' of spiritual attainment. An increased faculty of perception.

Regards.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Thou hast given me bullsh*t, Grasshopper . It is not an argument. It is horsesh*t, cowsh*t, pigsh*t, dogsh*t, ferretsh*t, and many others have lied to many others with that argument and centuries have fallen to crippling ignorance. The Truth exists, and can't be invented by self-satisfied people who try to intellectually intimidate those who aren't as self-satisfied. Knowledge is knowledge. The word "knowledge" means what it suggests that it means. Making up crap is making up crap, and the modern world has walked off on you and your ilk. Find a day job.

And don't ever post green at me again. That kind of thing reeks of precious and I hate precious.
edit on 2/8/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

The irony is that your faith in your knowledge, that people are just "making up crap" is as unfounded and unproveable as anyone elses opinion. Your lack of ability to even consider that there may be something you don't know is as arogant as any one elses opinion that they have all the answers.

I can't prove God exists, you can't prove he/she/it does not.
My faith in the etherial is no less justified than your faith in logic. Stick to your faith if you will, but don't condem or abuse or belittle or insult those who do not share your faith.

Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

namaste

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Thou hast given me bullsh*t, Grasshopper . It is not an argument.

People instinctively know that they exist,

I dont believe that you have read The Knee of Listening
as your ranting doesnt address its argument.

You do admit that people instinctively know they exist. However I believe a better word than instinct is intuit. They intuit their existence. Thus you admit that
existence or consciousness is intuited.

You have an incomplete concept of Knowledge.
NOBODY KNOWS WHAT ANYTHING IS. Yes people do know about things and how things work.
Apples fall from trees. You can calculate the speed and force with physics and math. Yet nobody knows what matter,space,time or energy is. Nobody.

Your ego is fear. It is your own creation in each
moment. If you examine your consciousness
in each moment you will see you are always
seeking. You seek because you are suffering.
You have separated yourself and are separating
your self or consciousness. That is what you are
doing. The act of separation is fear. Primary to
to that separation is Reality or Love/Bliss.

You have two choices. You can continue to seek
or you can Understand that you are Seeking.

You are the caterpillar becoming the butterfly.
You must let go of the caterpillar mind.
Its not so hard if you really want it.
If you dont want it, then why deny it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join