It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(V) Dollars starting to show up?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

Guy Fawkes was a real person who tried to blow up the houses of parliment with the King of England in it.......

Funny how films take on symbols from real life.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by MITSwagger

How so?

The comic/movie symbolizes how many feel, especially at this point in time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
should i do that to Canadian money ?

V is currently in Egypt .. next is the USA .. that the mark of the beginning
edit on 2/6/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sorry, didn't read all the posts but the V is from V for Vendetta, the movie...

www.imdb.com...

You can even partially see it in the background of the movie poster.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Im sure you lot dont read the whole thread before posting.

It was a suggestion from Alex Jones. Its been on his radio show for a month now. The V symbol means victory. The film V for Vendetta is not where the V symbol originally comes from. It was taken from the French revolution. The French wrote this sign where it could be seen by other citizens to get them involved in the movement. Alex has just taken this symbol to put on notes to get people asking question. He has asked people to legally put up posters referring people to his website. Its also a great marketing campaign for his and his sponsor's products. That doesnt really bother me, just as long as the word gets out there.
edit on 6-2-2011 by tigermoff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

What is it supposed to mean?

Looks like someone creating an as above so below symbol.

Probably unintentional though and something entirely different.
edit on 6-2-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
Sorry, didn't read all the posts but the V is from V for Vendetta, the movie...

www.imdb.com...

You can even partially see it in the background of the movie poster.

no its V for Visitors

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

LOL

Yeah - but... but..

You win

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

congrats, you are the first to find it's true meaning, now to see if others got it, it is funny to see all the ohhh this is spooky and such, they have been around sense 2003? oh and i should add turn the bill up side down A+O, anarchy

edit on 6-2-2011 by bekod because: word corection and added info

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by unityemissions

congrats, you are the first to find it's true meaning, now to see if others got it, it is funny to see all the ohhh this is spooky and such, they have been around sense 2003?

you are right ... how come i didnt see that in the first place .. the masonic symbol

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7c827dcf9c0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

well that is a new one ha ha but no look up anarchy, and then you will know, probably more than me for it has been 2003 when i was well... fell for a girl that was in to it and tried to get me in it, not for me, not that i am against it nor am i for it.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Uhh guys forget your history? The V for victory was from the resistance during WWII. The movies and t.v. shows borrowed the symbolism. Wikipedia Man, why do so many people think this stuff is made up by modern media? So someone is using old ideas in our time go figure

edit on 6-2-2011 by hangedman13 because: a bit more filler with no by-products

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

ah do your history on anarchy it is a lot older than that well let me point you
www.zpub.com... it might have the history of the A+O, i do not know.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Yea and where in that time-line does it mention the symbol? Plus the anarchy symbol has one additional stroke to it. But I think we can both agree that pop culture has nothing to do with it.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Yes lol I'm sure it wasn't me...I don't know how to make YOU or anyone else sure though..

I addressed this earlier in the thread when someone else had brought it up that it could be me who simply drew it on the dollar.

I understand and appreciate the skepticism though, its needed on the internet.

I personally think its something to do with V for vendetta the movie as its pretty much identical and its coming out after the recent zeitgeist moving forward release.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

well to answer you question it is not but IWA international workers association used it in 1868 now i do not know if they were @, A+O a=o, a+o that is to say, if they were anarchist or not ,then there is unicode, i think U+24b6? so you see the @ is up side down turn it up and the A+o is there the bottom of now top of the pyramid is the bar and the all seeing eye is at the bottom. see i do remember some things but go and say think what you want too there is no right or wrong, it could very well be the V and not the A+O but then ENO would not mean a thing. now figure/think that ENO out

edit on 6-2-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
Today I have found 2 dollar bills as change through separate transactions and they both had the (V) on them:

locations found:
Colorado - Pueblo (by myself)
Colorado - Denver (several by a friend of mine)

This is interesting to me because I hardly ever buy anything with cash or have cash on me. I make almost all my purchases with my debit card.

At first I thought it must be pretty common for me to be getting these (V) dollars when I hardly ever do anything with cash but I'm not sure as I thought if it was that common I would have surely seen a post here about it or at least on the news...

I'm just curious if anyone else has been getting these (V) dollars recently?

EDIT: after looking further I believe I have traced the spawn of these to this: V
edit on 5-2-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2011 by Sly1one because: additions

Hey ATS'ers! I am still kind of New here but this is what the V symbol is all about. This is the Final edit of my Video entry into the "V for Victory" contest at www.infowars.com. I created this video for the infowars contest
I used Cyberlink PowerDirector for editing and all Video and pictures are Open source. Also, Muse "Time is Running Out" is an open source audio track that is available to use on Youtube and does not Violate Copyright.
I hope you all enjoy and this explains why I think people are writing V on 1 dollar bills.

www.youtube.com...

I would love to get your feedback on this ATS'ers!

Also, the V for Victory sign does NOT Mean V for Vendetta.

Source:
en.wikipedia.org...

On January 14, 1941, Victor de Laveleye, former Belgian Minister of Justice and director of the Belgian French-speaking broadcasts on the BBC (1940–1944), suggested in a broadcast that Belgians use a V for victoire (French: “victory”) and vrijheid (Dutch: "freedom") as a rallying emblem during World War II. In the BBC broadcast, de Laveleye said that "the occupier, by seeing this sign, always the same, infinitely repeated, [would] understand that he is surrounded, encircled by an immense crowd of citizens eagerly awaiting his first moment of weakness, watching for his first failure." Indeed, within weeks chalked up Vs began appearing on walls throughout Belgium, the Netherlands, and northern France.[6]

Buoyed by this success, the BBC set out a plan, the “V campaign”, for which they put in charge the assistant news editor Douglas Ritchie posing as “Colonel Britton”. Ritchie suggested an audible V using its Morse code rhythm (three dots and a dash). Having the same rhythm, the opening bars of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony was then used as the call-sign by the BBC in its foreign language programmes to occupied Europe for the rest of the war. The irony that they were composed by a German was not lost on many of the audience or for the more musically educated that it was "Fate knocking on the door" of the Third Reich. (About this sound Listen to this call-sign. (help·info))[6]. The BBC also encouraged the use of the V gesture introduced by de Laveleye.[7]

By July 1941, the emblematic use of the letter V had spread through occupied Europe, and on July 19, Winston Churchill put the British government’s stamp of approval on the V campaign in a speech,[8] from which point he started using the V hand sign. Early on he used palm in (sometimes with a cigar between the fingers).[9] Later in the war he used palm out.[10] It is claimed that the aristocratic Churchill made the change after it was explained to him what it signified to the other classes in Britain.[11][12] Other allied leaders used the sign as well; since 1942, Charles de Gaulle used the V sign in every speech until 1969.[13]

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I've always wondered, is it illegal to write or mark on money like this in any way??? If not, just think of what we could do here as members by leaving a message on bills
It passes through millions of hands every day...think of the spark that could be ignited in people.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

now your getting it , i do not recommend one doing it, but it does happen, and yes sometimes it does come back around. what is "one" spelled backwards???

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HollisIncrease

HAHAHAHA
Look up 'Discorianism' bud.

LOL.

Hail Eris!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join