It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(V) Dollars starting to show up?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It is certainly a sign of rebellion taking place.. In an old 50s Sci Fi novel where the Soviet Union had taken the US, the sign was giving people a penny. The silent icons.... as powerful as the all seeing eye...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It's the same as the V for vendetta movie sign. Awesome movie. Here is a clip of how the movie applies to current events.

www.evtv1.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I cannot see the picture of the bill in question, could someone please explain if this is a printed item on the bill or rather something that someone is writing on the bills?

Edit to ask: HELLO?
edit on 6-2-2011 by space cadet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HollisIncrease

Fnord comes from the religion discordianism Hail Eris!
www.principiadiscordia.com...

Robert Anton Wilson also talked about it a great deal In the Illuminatus triology
www.rawilson.com...

what wiki has to say about the fnord
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
the (v) dollars are part of the "V"for victory campaign from infowars. the tagline is "you are the resistance". also related to "the answer to 1984 is 1776".

mystery solved

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
maybe v for vendetta Egyptian vendetta

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HollisIncrease
I'm employed at a large multi-location establishment which takes in significant cash receipts daily. I have seen the dollar bill V several times (over the past 2 months +/-). And I would suspect as you do that the "V" refers to victory. Additionally, I have seen the word "FNORD" written over the all seeing eye on the reverse of the one dollar bill. This has been occurrring since I began my career nearly two decades ago. And, I've noticed a substantial increase in the number of bills displaying "FNORD".

Has anyone else seen this? If so, is it related to the "V" or is there some other reference?

reply to post by Sly1one

Here Hollis I found this for your query of "fnording dollar bills"

FNORD yourself

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

"V for victory" also a phrase a priest, fifth column member fighting against Reptilian race, in V (tv serie) tell the people.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
the symbol on the bills is the symbol taken from the (excellent) movie v for vendetta.

Im sure i saw a thread recently about posters with a v but not the same one being put up outside the white house and other places, quite interesting really

i found a picture

Im not sure if the 2 are related but the V's are different so id say probably not

also that guy who shot people at that (was it a school) painted a big v apparently.. who knows maybe its going viral

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

When I look at that I not only see the V, but the anarchist sign.

It also forms an upside down triangle/pyramid. I'm surprised nobody mentioned that.

Also the triangle could be taken as male, and the V as female.

This jumps out with a half dozen points at once.

Quite a powerful symbol, in the perfect spot.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Start an ATS branding campaign IMO...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Its clearly the V for Vendetta sign:

Google Images : "V for Vendetta Logo"

Probley just a chain effect, someone put it on one then someone copies so on and so on.

Peace.
ALS
edit on 2/7/11 by GENERAL EYES because: mod edit : cleaned up link for post clarity

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Probably just some kids...V For Vendetta is a pretty popular movie with the younger generation and so are the guy fawkes mask used in the movie.

They're the symbals of the internet group "anonymous"

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
Ive started doing my own version of that on bills

Hey do what you do, who am I to tell you to stop even if I actually wanted you to.

That being said, it may not be wise to make light of such actions on any public venue...

--food for thought--

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

I love how that is sitting in section 333.

So if i ever used a dollar bill to write on, i could end up in jail?

And im not even american!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I am all down with this becoming a global movement, someone should make a Facebook (those facebook sheep) group, or event or something, urging people to put V (for Victory) on their native bill. Also i would love to see some designs of a good V sign on a Euro Bill, (im in EU) if i see a good design i might start marking myself

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It is a bad example of counterfeiting, they tried to make a 1 dollar (I) into a 5 dollar bill (V)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

That particular V is the duplicate of the "V for Vendetta" insignia from the movie of the same name.

The V for victory insignia is a different shape, and with no circle- Its just a plain "V" in red lettering on a black background.

I agree with other posters, the sentiment is accurate for our times. Rent the V for Vendetta movie and watch it, its quite good, and when it came out was a bit ahead of its time. It started alot of people thinking. Its also a good action flick. I personnally have the V for Victory sign tacked up on my wall at work. Good idea that.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Sly1one

When I look at that I not only see the V, but the anarchist sign.
It also forms an upside down triangle/pyramid. I'm surprised nobody mentioned that.

Also the triangle could be taken as male, and the V as female.

This jumps out with a half dozen points at once.

Quite a powerful symbol, in the perfect spot.

It also completes the Masonic ruler and compass symbol.

But this is definately the V from "V for Vendetta". Sweet. People are waking up!

edit on 2/6/2011 by noworldorder2012 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
What better way to start something. Photograph it and then post it on the internet saying "Hey look what I found". How many copycats will start marking currency that way because they saw it here for the first time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join