It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(V) Dollars starting to show up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Today I have found 2 dollar bills as change through separate transactions and they both had the (V) on them:

locations found:
Colorado - Pueblo (by myself)
Colorado - Denver (several by a friend of mine)

This is interesting to me because I hardly ever buy anything with cash or have cash on me. I make almost all my purchases with my debit card.

At first I thought it must be pretty common for me to be getting these (V) dollars when I hardly ever do anything with cash but I'm not sure as I thought if it was that common I would have surely seen a post here about it or at least on the news...

I'm just curious if anyone else has been getting these (V) dollars recently?

EDIT: after looking further I believe I have traced the spawn of these to this: V
edit on 5-2-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2011 by Sly1one because: additions

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yeah. I've seen a couple like that. I just assumed that it was some punk kids trying to be cool, getting their symbol out there and all.

What is it supposed to mean?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Strange, where did you get it from?

link   
reply to post by Sly1one

It almost looks like a star of david...

link   

edit on 6/2/11 by masqua because: Edit by author request

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What's your version?
edit on 6/2/11 by masqua because: Quote removed by author request

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

First thing that pops into my mind is "V" for vendetta the movie that is pretty damn applicable for the times were in right now.

Also wasn't there recently posters showing up with a big red "V" on them or something? Connected to the Zeitgeist Moving Forward release?

I'm not sure if this is the same movement spreading through money as a "statement" to everyone

I'm trying to find articles as I know the V thing was reported in the MSM

ill edit main post with info when I find it.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Go to block buster and rent a movie called, "V for Vendetta" then come back and discuss on this thread.

Sly1one: you beat me by seconds.

edit on 5-2-2011 by Aslpride because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

edit on 6/2/11 by masqua because: Edit by author request

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

I found two of them in one day at separate locations. Loaf N jug (gas station) for one and Wall-Mart for the other.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I meant location in the US, like what state. I haven't come across anything like that in Illinois.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Haven't seen them yet. I can appreciate the sentiment though. Maybe I will start marking my own.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Sorry

Pueblo Colorado is where I found both of these. I just txt one of my friends about this and he says he has seen some of them too. He is a bar-tender so he see's cash a lot. He lives in Denver Colorado which is a much bigger city.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Maybe the reptilians off of "V" are after our women and our money?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm employed at a large multi-location establishment which takes in significant cash receipts daily. I have seen the dollar bill V several times (over the past 2 months +/-). And I would suspect as you do that the "V" refers to victory. Additionally, I have seen the word "FNORD" written over the all seeing eye on the reverse of the one dollar bill. This has been occurrring since I began my career nearly two decades ago. And, I've noticed a substantial increase in the number of bills displaying "FNORD".

Has anyone else seen this? If so, is it related to the "V" or is there some other reference?

reply to post by Sly1one

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Flagged, that's pretty cool
Only wish they would make it a world movement, not just a US movement.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HollisIncrease

Thanks, I learned something new today. Star for you.

Fnord is the typographic representation of disinformation or irrelevant information intending to misdirect, with the implication of a worldwide conspiracy. The word was coined as a nonsensical term with religious undertones in the Discordian religious text Principia Discordia (1965) by Kerry Thornley and Greg Hill, but was popularized by The Illuminatus! Trilogy (1975) of satirical conspiracy fiction novels by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I dont know V (tv serie) has such an impact on people's mind.
or maybe "V for Vendetta"
Our intelligence (as a whole) is really going down hill.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

its "V" for victory..watch the video!!! has nothing to do with aliens!!
its about fighting the global banking system

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I've seen people do it, the way they draw the v had something to do with the freemasons symbol or probably to imply an illuminati and masonry connection. i dont know. it wasnt my bright idea.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join