It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO during interview with Georges St-Pierre

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Personally, No. Looks like something, however, if you watch the rest of the video you see the flagpoles in the distance coming into focus, and then disappearing. I call bull. But keep up the good work! We need more people like you on here.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I seriously doubt this is a hoax. The entire video doesn't suggest that at all. I doubt they got back to their studio and decided to stick in a 10-second UFO.

Like I said, it could be a flying object or a prank.

I checked out a lot of the videos on their channel (40+ so far) and it's one of two I've found that's a lower resolution upload. It's a small detail, but has to be taken into account.

All of the others run at 720p. It doesn't prove anything, but at the same time, it makes it slightly more difficult to rule out CGI artifacts.

GSP has just launched a mobile app and any publicity is good publicity. As viral marketing goes, it's fairly textbook, but we can't be sure. Again, it isn't proof of mischief, but adds motive to the possibility of a hoax video.

So, we have circumstantial evidence of possible mischief and motive.

These questions need to be answered before taking the video as a 'smoking gun.'

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbyTarass

You mean these little alien pilots flying our poles ?

If you want to be taken seriously, quit posting every video you see with a colored dot somewhere in the sky.
edit on 5-2-2011 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

I'm not running for the head of the UFO Counsel--- so give me a break!
I post things I find interesting and worth a discussion.
In fact, a LOT of people like my threads.

Poles? You mean the thing I THOUGHT might've been the same UFO later in the video? Again, gimme me a friggin break. I was just asking. What's wrong with that?

Hey, tell ya what, stop frequenting my threads and start your own with more 'serious' content

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyMonkey
I am here to burst your bubble

Ok a while back George St Pierre was asked what his biggest fear was and he said Aliens. So I believe this is a little tongue and cheek in regards to that. Perhaps even put in there to freak George St Pierre himself out when he watches it back.

Also if you go to youtube and increase the size of the video, the poorly animated ufo is glitching and not executed very well. Please watch it carefully and you will see what I mean.

Anyone looking forward to UFC 126 tonight, the card seems to be stacked with some great matches.

So far I read George is behind this and then someone else suggest Steve (the Chinese dude) was.

Could be but because the onus is being shifted in between two different people, I think this still might be something other than a prank.

Not sure and certainly not convinced.

Thanks for your post

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Hey, tell ya what, stop frequenting my threads and start your own with more 'serious' content

Very well said!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamtheman
Here GSP talks about Alien abduction.

www.youtube.com...

Maybe they're following him and maybe that's why he's scared. Could be. I've heard this before with alleged abductees. They always had a 'fear' and never knew why only to later find out they might've been abducted their whole life.

But because we're dealing with a celebrity-like person, it kinda makes us look at this as a possible promotional tactic too but.......it's possible aliens don't discriminate and they could be tracking 'celebrities' too! Who knows.
I'm just saying.

But we're living in a world where no one believes anyone anymore so....it's all par for the course.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
sorry OP, but........www.abovetopsecret.com... It only has 2 replies in that thread (one of them being mine). But anyways, like I said in that thread, it's suspect that they are promoting a PPV fight when all of a sudden a cgi looking ufo pops perfectly into picture. The camera man HAD to see that if it was real, and they would have cut the scene to zoom in on something that strange. I think it's a viral ad posted on YouTube by the company promoting the fight. Proof that it works=14,000+ views and it's been up only a couple of days? I think they are laughing all the way to the bank with this one. This trend of faking ufo's in viral ads is starting to gain steam, and that is a bad thing.

I will eat all of these words^^ if it turns out to be genuine. But I won't hold my breath.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I appreciate your comment.
It's also been told certain UFOs only show up in certain light spectrum. So because this showed up on video doesn't mean it was apparent to the 'humans'.
That scenario has been said (and to a certain degree, proved) over and over again.

I am not saying this isn't real but I am SO on the fence that if I were forced to take a side, right now...I'd say this is real. (subject to change with each passing post howeva
)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

No doubt good sir! I bet that there will be at least 100 people who order that fight on PPV just to see if that UFO shows up again. Who cares about the fight, this George guy is a UFO magnet!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Whoa! Now I am impressed!!!! At 26 seconds. Upper right.
I don't believe this is a smudge, bug, plane, helicopter or missile. So? What is it?

How totally ridicules and fake, you can easily see that it was photo shopped in. People are so pathetic to do silly things like this, and so bored with life and have nothing better to do.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Well m'friend. You stand among the minority at this moment cause no one has proved this is CGI'd.

Just because the term:Computer Graphic/generated Imagery exists doesn't mean it applies to every single video.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Here's another similar UFO
January 8, 2011 – 11:44 PM

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i know bull when i see it and it was no ufo.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
From looking at it in photoshop I see no pixelization around the object in question that would determine the belief that this would be fake, or CGI. The pixels around the object (and even the object itself) are in conformity to their surroundings. For someone to make a CGI and implant it into this video, it would be hard not to leave a trace unless professionally done.

good find H.A. S&F

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Even with video quality enchancements from a high-end video card, there still doesn't seem to be any signs I can spot that say "fake" to me

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamtheman
Here GSP talks about Alien abduction.

www.youtube.com...

omg... his biggest fear is being abducted by alien... his he serious LOL

that would explain the UFO in the video
maybe it was a prank on him just to freak him off for fun

i think now its more CGI

the UFO is a fake if the date of this video is before the ufo video interview

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well, my gut is telling me it is a hoax. Interesting though, it doesn't qualify as anything beyond hoax or legit..no birds or satellites.

of course getting the original footage for analysis will be next to impossible I would think. That group doesn't seem like the kind of people whom would further something like this, or would be the type to do some viral marketing by hoaxing.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Well I'm usually one to say "OMG!! Awesome!", but because the camera has some bad sensitivity settings, the upper portion of the video footage is often distorted by a white haze-like gradient. While it might've captured everything within 20 feet ok, as you you look further back, everything in the background has an almost-white glow coming off of it's surface.

Now, if you look at the sky, you can tell the object is there the entire time the camera is pointed that way, but after the camera automatically adjusts settings, the sky begins to turn blue, and the object becomes more visible. But then the camera man continues to move (obviously the cam is handheld or is shoulder-mounted), so when he moves, the light begins to get distorted again, and the blue sky is again, covered by this white haze, which makes it look like the object dissapears the same way it entered.

Anyone that's ever taken a TV-Production class would've pointed this out in the first page of the thread.

What the object IS more than likely, is a blimp. And I say this because I live in FL, and I constant see those fellas flying around and wow, they do look like UFO's sometimes, and sometimes they look like small horizontal ovals. That's what was caught here more than likely.
edit on 5-2-2011 by Shikamaru because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

It's CGI. Everyone knows these days with all of the elaborate CGI out there that it would make more sense to create something not so noticeable......and then draw attention to it. How could anyone have spotted that in the first place? Unless it was he who made it?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

It's CGI. Everyone knows these days with all of the elaborate CGI out there that it would make more sense to create something not so noticeable......and then draw attention to it. How could anyone have spotted that in the first place? Unless it was he who made it?

Fair enough but for a moment please, if you will, can you tell me how a genuine UFO would act then?
Or is everyone saying, UFOs don't even exist anymore now that CGI's are the new fad?

Everything can be deemed CGI'd.
So I think it's only appropriate to apply the opposite now and that's.....prove it. Show me how this is a CGI because I sure as hell can't prove it's a UFO.
Please recreate this.

Thanks friend

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join