It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sorry, but I just have to ask this...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
How does one know that ATS isn't government related? How does one know that there is/isn't a member of the secret services in this community? I am just throwing out possibilities there but, this kind've seems very, very realistic.

What are the chances that big brother is spying over us right at this moment? Know where we live, and what we do? Know us better then we know ourselves?

I know that there is technology out there, since the 70's and 80's that NOW come out. The GPS persay? I Know that technology is being hidden from us. There is now doubt.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but you never know. This seems pretty damn plausible. Not saying that the CEO is a government member, but others might be... feeding of out knowledge and using it against us.

Be safe my friends, deny ignorance

- Noobsauce

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Why obviously if there was they'd know all about the aliens on the sun, the reptilians, shapeshifters, umm, that 50cent is a nwo agent recruiting young impressionable minds, etc etc

In other words, are you serious? What on earth would they get from here other than loony tunes and a laugh?

You must have missed the last 500 threads asking this question...

signed,
Disinfo age^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Badw0lf.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by noobsauce13

I doubt the ATS owners would be spying for the government or like of, however it is an open forum and I have no doubt, given some of the topics posted, that it is being watched by one or more government agencies in whatever country.

Someone may join who has access to top secret information and decides to tell us about it, in which case I would imagine the site owners would get a call from TPTB and ordered (or asked nicely) to take it down, in fact I'm sure i've seen a mod mention that this has happened.

EDIT: Besides everything on the internet is monitored for certain keywords, I remember a thread quite some time ago where you were supposed to include as many words in your reply which would trigger the alarms of these monitoring softwares.

edit on 2/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

LOL. The government does not care at all about what people say, regardless in person, or on the internet, unless it's something like a direct threat to someone, especially the President. The CIA could care less about this website. The FBI could care less about this website. What could they gain from reading through peoples opinions? They have so much work cut out for them, this would be a huge waste of resources, and totally pointless.

What are you or anyone on here going to say to warrant the interest of the Feds in the first place?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I'm positive there's a watcher or two on here, but the staff and what not? Naaa. There's always a watcher, but the beautiful thing about ATS is people are on here passing on what they know or what they believe to be true for others to benefit from without fear of TPTB. Point blank, we're on here, exercising our right of freedom of speech, and aren't scared of them at all.

Power&Praise
SJ

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

And to that, they can kiss my ass.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

We dont. But debating that topic has, in the past, brought the wrath of the owners down upon the thread.

:popcorn:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I hate to say it, but if there was a government agent among us a certain % of his posts would include the following, " LMFAO, LOL, HAHAHAHAHA, and ROTFLMFAO!!" One of those topics I believe would be "Chemtrails".

:Edit: Surely he would be laughing at the WWE/Niburu thread from a couple of days ago!!

edit on 2-2-2011 by DisturbedToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I would almost garuantee there is a certain amount of infiltration here, if not ownership of this site, why? It's all about tracking and phsycological profiling.
maybe it didn't startout that way but you can just about garauntee with the amount of traffic this site gets, it's definetely under the microscope...IMOA

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's highly likely that government disinformation agents are on this site.

However, you are also overthinking your paranoia.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

We dont. But debating that topic has, in the past, brought the wrath of the owners down upon the thread.

:popcorn:

Oh, I did not know about that. I just started thinking about these new and abstract ideas. I begin to question my teachers if things really happened as the text book says. If we really are in Iraq to protect it, or to rape of its natural resources.

Dont get me wrong I know a marine, and their job is difficult, but why are we in Iraq, or pakistan?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Iraq has been fought over for centuries, something to do with trade routes, and whilst I believe that peace is one of the current objectives, oil is likely the main hidden agenda.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i would not be surprised in the least to find out that TPTB have rogue members out here, in fact i expect that they do, but not just here of course.. i forget where exactly but through a link on another thread there was an article about one of the US officials talking about "disrupting" conspiracy theorists through such means and even trying to make conspiracy theorizing ILLEGAL!!! but i remember quite clearly that from what i read that is EXACTLY what he planned or at least proposed, to send agents online to spread conflicting dis-information and put up conflicting stories to incite some and to make many question what they truly believe about conspiracies..

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobsauce13
How does one know that ATS isn't government related? How does one know that there is/isn't a member of the secret services in this community? I am just throwing out possibilities there but, this kind've seems very, very realistic.

What are the chances that big brother is spying over us right at this moment? Know where we live, and what we do? Know us better then we know ourselves?

I know that there is technology out there, since the 70's and 80's that NOW come out. The GPS persay? I Know that technology is being hidden from us. There is now doubt.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but you never know. This seems pretty damn plausible. Not saying that the CEO is a government member, but others might be... feeding of out knowledge and using it against us.

Be safe my friends, deny ignorance

- Noobsauce

Have asked this myself before and posted about it. The truth is we dont know what anyone elses true agenda is in this world is, so you have to take everything everyone says with a grain of salt but you also must trust someone at some point to survive - so just trust whoever is sending the message you like. Also I suffered "issues" in the past when I accused ATS of being infiltrated so make sure you are careful to pose things as a question and not an accusation.
edit on 2-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I believe it is the oil too. The teacher claims that we are there to make a better democracy. The only thing America cares about is about pulling strings with the government in Iraq

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
A certain site administrater springs to mind....his username starts with C...........?
edit on 2/2/2011 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Interesting to think about for sure.

Contrary to many who seem to think ATS is parallel to loony tunes, there is a value in researching the conspiracy theory sub-culture.

I have no doubt they have NSA and CIA and Homeland Security are all participating in this site in some capacity, if nothing more than observing and monitoring the "general consensus". This site actually does most of the work for them if you think about it.

With flags and stars they can easily observe which ideals/beliefs gain attention and what kind. They can monitor whether or not their social experiments are herding the sheep in the right direction all the meanwhile reading/monitoring the thoughts of the "questionable minds" here on ATS.

I guess what I'm alluding to is that, IF you were ever going to try and manipulate/herd a mass populace of people you would want to "see how they work". People with "questionable minds" tend to look at "events" and "news" with a fine tooth comb and would be the perfect target for "social experiments" and "social engineering".

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

For what possible reason would you think Crakeur is a government agent???

Never have I seen in ANY of his posts anything that would suggest he is, in fact the fact he is one of the site admins says to me thats a definate no, this site is about getting to the bottom of things, finding the truth, not hiding the truth, although if they are told to remove stuff then I would imagine by law they would have to, doesn't make them government employees.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

I know for a fact there are people who work in the government who frequent the forums. They've said so.

I doubt tho, there is any significant level of covert infiltration here.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I for one am glad you are questioning. I certainly have my opinion as to why our tax dollars and our citizens lives have been spent in the wars on Iraq and Afghanistan, but I will keep those to myself in this thread as that is off topic.

But questioning is good. A site like ATS would be a great place for intelligence gathering, and like others have said, I am sure that people come here to do that. But the owners have gotten pretty heated in some threads when it has been suggested ATS itself is a government site. Of course, some of the people making those claims were clearly pissed at the owners and stirring the pot for other reasons.

Your question seems much more sincere, and probably will not result in your torture.

But the answer to your question is, we dont KNOW, for absolute certain that ATS isnt a government site. It could be. I personally doubt it, however. It is far more cost effective for the government to infiltrate real conspiracy sites than it is to make their own. Plus, is anything put out by the government as cool as ATS? No. I would expect a government conspiracy site to be about as interesting as anything else they create. In other words, boring as hell, and totally ineffective at drawing interest from the general public.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join