It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cough heard around the world....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Exactly what antibiotic you tried?
Scotch is OK...
Maybe part of the problem is that they are prescribing the wrong antibiotics.

(Why is this politically incorrect? One needs to find cures, that is all.)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

Er, um, giving scotch to 12 year olds when they were sick just so the house was quiet.

edit on 1-2-2011 by beezzer because: tripo

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
...clean your house...

...seriously - recirculated air is bad... heated recirculated air is worse...

...open a window for at least twenty minutes every day... you dont have to open it all the way when its miserably cold out... keep your thermostat below 70... if thats too chilly - put more clothes on and vacuum the rugs or take off all your clothes and have wild sex...

...boil a little ginger root and drink it or use it to make tea but dont use sugar - use honey... the aroma of the boiling ginger root also cleans the air in the house... smells like lemon pledge... folks'll think you're an awesome housekeeper (unless they notice the dust, lol)... in the winter, i often have a kettle going with a couple chunks of ginger root in it... much healthier than a humidifier, imo...

...oh, and, uh, one more little tip - panty liners...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
nothing wrong with the scotch suggestion, a lot of people up here swear by banana rum aswell

anyways, Nerfermore, VERY interesting you bring this up on ATS

my father has had this cough for about 6 months, typical 50+ male, wouldnt go to docs, eventually did and got antiB's, they didnt work, went back again, got more, didnt clear it, nothing is working for him.

just strange to see other people suffering/noticing this

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

My neighbour has had a hacking cough for god knows how long, which was really annoying me, as she used to sit in the backyard and cough while I was trying to watch TV. I used to think she was a filthy smoker, so under my breath I was saying things like, just die already, have another cigarette you dumb - arse. But.....then I spoke to her husband out the front, and he said that she has this cough that just will not go away. She doesn't smoke. At this stage she had taken 3 courses of antibiotics and still coughing like a filthy smoker. (Even though she doesn't smoke) So I gave him about a half an hour lecture how "the powers that be" are brainwashing all of us about how dangerous the sun is. "They" are trying to weaken our nervous systems by a lack of vitamin D.So I told him to get out in Midday sun everyday for a minimum of 30 minutes and to start taking vitamin D supplements in the form of chrollophyl and also eat green leafy vegetables. I # you not 3 weeks later I saw both my neighbours out the front and the cough had completely gone.
So people get out in the sun without sunscreen. The sunscreen wont allow your body to absorb the vitamin D from the sun.The sun wont kill you it will save you.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2people

So I gave him about a half an hour lecture how "the powers that be" are brainwashing all of us about how dangerous the sun is. "They" are trying to weaken our nervous systems by a lack of vitamin D.So I told him to get out in Midday sun everyday for a minimum of 30 minutes and to start taking vitamin D supplements in the form of chrollophyl and also eat green leafy vegetables. I # you not 3 weeks later I saw both my neighbours out the front and the cough had completely gone.
So people get out in the sun without sunscreen. The sunscreen wont allow your body to absorb the vitamin D from the sun.The sun wont kill you it will save you.

I was thinking vitamin D while I was reading this thread.
Good call!

Vitamin d deficiency is a primary cause of elevated illneses in the winter. Most people are vitamin D deficient due to not getting enough sun, enough green vegetables, pollutants that cause the body to utilize it too quickly, the healthy cholesterols that vitamin D (actually a hormone) is synthesized from in the body when exposed to sunlight and a reduced ability to create vitamin d in the body for various other reasons.

Vitamin deficiency has a long list of effects that include chronic respiratory issues.

Another good thing to do is find a safe source of iodine. It will help counterbalance some issues created by being in an enviroment with air pollution.
edit on 1-2-2011 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My wife, roomate, and I have been suffering this in bout for over a year now. My wife was on antibiotics for a bit that appeared to clear it up, but it came back before she finished the course of anitbiotics, so who knows.

We try to keep the house humidified and it helps some. For me, it is worse first thing in the morning and late in the evening. Coffee REALLY helps in the morning and cold air helps in the evening. When it is too bad and I feel like I am becoming athsmatic, I will take a pill of Dextromethorpan Hydrobromide and it will clea it up quickly for a few hours. I just usually don't like to resort to the meds until I have tried everything else.

I do tend to agree that a lot of it is circulated air. Also stress, given that our house is very high stress all the time for various reasons.

Wanted to add that our doctor has been testing us regularly for Vitamin D levels. It is an important thing to her and she says a majority of her patients are critically low on Vit-D. We take supplements as needed and try to get at least 15 mins of sunlight a day.
edit on 2-1-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Sounds like pertussis to me... or whooping cough if you prefer... most adults that get it never progress past a cough that can last up to 3 months... If you lucky like me, you will get the full blown pertussis, which landed me in the hospital for a week because I was passing out from coughing around 20-30 times a day.... very nasty little disease.

And no the vaccine you got as a kid will not protect you as an adult against pertussis.. I recommend every one that is 40 or over to get a dpt booster shot so you don't wind up in the hospital like me.
edit on 1-2-2011 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Had very similar in July. Up, down, up down.

Went to doctor. Turns out to be bacterial infection in the lungs. I had the same stinking thing in the early 80's so I knew how to deal with it. Two series of steroids, nifty Codeine cough medicine and (this is important) sleeping sitting up for a few weeks. Looks like it's making it's way around once more. It sucks and then sucks some more.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Glad you brought this up here.

Two weeks ago I woke up with aching sinus, headache, jelly-belly and a slight fever. Within 2 days I could not breathe well enough to cough up the pink-tinged but otherwise clear bubbly junk in my lungs, the temperature was now a raging fever and I couldn't sleep for more than 20 minutes without waking up coughing my lungs to pieces and tearing muscles in the process.

A couple more days later I went to the hospital and after blood tests, X-rays and EEG I was told that it wasn't Flu, or Pneumonia as I thought it was. The White Cell count was normal so no Bacterial Infection could be found.

In their wisdom they prescribed two strong Anti-Biotics.. I questioned this since they said it wasn't a Flu but some sort of Virus, and as we all know Anti-Biotics do not work on Virus's.

It's now been 2 weeks and I still feel very sick.. no energy, still running a slight temperature, still coughing a lot but at least it is ugly brown stuff now and I can breathe a little better due to regular use of a Ventolin Inhaler.

One benefit is my cigarette smoking has been cut by 75%

I have been asked more than a dozen times by medicos if I had contact with farm animals or flood waters in my area.. the answer is No. Neither did I know anyone who was sick and who I could have picked this up from.

Normally I don't get sick like this. I haven't used Anti-Biotics for more than 10 years and was relatively healthy except for being a 35 year smoker. So I am at a loss to understand what I have, as are the Doctors I've seen so far.

Anyone who can enlighten me to what it may be is welcome to say.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have to say this to you as it isn't the first time that I've saw you post this-your father is from bloody Glasgow NOT Glascow and if this is true it is whisky not scotch-ask your weegie dad!Is the American education system that bad that all your life you think that your own father is from a place called Glascow?Surely he has corrected you on this?If you don't believe me ask him.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Nef, I too think its chemtrails.

Nah, seriously it made the rounds through me and mine.

We each did what we thought best. Those who went the anitibiotic way fared worse.

Antibiotics will only help if the virus moves into a secondary infection where bacterium is involved.

Doc said it was a virus, and it had to run its course.

Advice? Water, lots of it. Chicken broth with fresh garlic added after it boils.
Add come cayene pepper if you can stand it . Then more fresh garlic where
ever you can stand it.

Inbetween meals, take some organic apple cider vinegar tbs with water, and add honey to temper if you
need to twice daily.

Fresh lemon juice squeezed into water.

Teas, peppermint, echinacea, fresh parsley tea, a little honey.

Organic oil of oregano,

Sunshine, or Vitamin D, and Zinc, zinc losenges.

if you have it in your nose, etc....

Mix sea salt with warm water, gargle. And if you can stand it, sniff a little of it.

It will go away, just a strange one indeed. And its a clinger.

edit on 1-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I too have been suffering with this. Started in my head, fell to my chest and throat (throat gurlgled when I took a breath)... went to the dr... said it was severe case of bronchitis and sinus infection... wa given a round of antibiotics, a steroid pack and a steroid inhaler... two months later... still hacking!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The Native Americans used to smoke an herb called Mullein along with tobacco...they did this for thousands of years while smoking tobacco, and they did it to counter the effects of the tobacco, Nef...my point is that it's a panacea for the lungs and can be found in capsule form in almost any health food store in the states...don't know about over there.
Get Mullein, Nef. You can find it in TEA form anywhere and it tastes good...mullein is one of those herbs which was used to treat asthmatics and protect the lungs from the effects of tobacco for who knows how many thousands of years. Obviously I'm not a doctor, but studying herbal and/or Ayurvedic remedies (ancient Indian holistic system of medicine) is a past time of mine....I've probably spent 10,000 hours reading books and the internet about the subject...

Mullein, Nef...get Mullein.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I'm right there with you on this one, I live in Arkansas and have been sick since January 1st, started out when I awoke and couldn't hardly move, headache, dizzy and within a few days got a cough to go with it. My husband then got it then our 2 little ones. The kids have been diagnosed with an Upper Respiratory Infections and were put on Antibiotics and cough meds. My husband and I went to the Doc as we couldn't stand it anymore, we were both diagnosed with Bronchitis and he said that I possibly had a Sinus Infection on top of it. He put us on a Z Pack and Prednisone, my husband and kids got a little better, I'm not. I have been to the Doc in the last 2 weeks twice and the ER once. At the ER they did a Chest X-Ray, CT, and Blood Work. All came back fine. Now the last 3 days, we have now started to run fevers and still coughing like crazy. I do have absolute proof by camera that there are Chemtrails here and have been getting pretty heavy in January. They have been spraying day and night, I live way out in the country and are very visible. I will post them as soon as I find the plug-in that goes from my camera to my laptop.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Vitamin D will help with lots of rest if antibiotics didn't help id go back to the Dr as soon as possible and ask him to write you a script for albuterol inhalation aerosol..that will open the lungs and help with the cough ..I'm not sure what you have but sounds serious if its not going away..

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I don't know what it is. But I spent all last week in the hospital trying to recover from kidney transplant rejection due to catching the damn thing. I was finally sent home, but I think I might have to re-enter the hospital. I first got this ailment around the end of November. Couldn't shake it for weeks. Then the kidney failed. Now it's pumping a bit and I feel the respiratory crap kicking in, again.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I almost started crying when I read this thread cause I am sooooo sick right now. I have tried everything to get rid of this. I have never been so sick in my whole life. I posted over in the "What the heck is in the air" thread...and I'm ten times sicker now than I was that day. I never get sick or catch what is "going around".

It started out in my head then went to my chest, it's been weeks now....
-can't sleep because of either coughing or feeling of suffocation when lying horizontally
-no appetite
-losing weight
-cough from hell!
-Wheezing and heavy feeling in my chest
-Nasal drip, stuffiness
-No energy in my body
-no sense of smell or taste
-feeling suicidal at moments
-sound coming up from my throat like that scary noise the ghost kid makes on that movie "The Grudge".

The cough is persistent. Throat is on fire. I think my guts are going to spill out my mouth cause I cough so hard. I have pulled a muscle in my neck and have pains in my ribs like I THREW A RIB OUT from coughing.

WILL ALL MY METAPHYSICAL BROTHERS AND SISTERS SEND ME SOME GOOD VIBES PLEASE.

This whole thing is incredibly spooky. The world seems to be sick all at once. I feel in my gut there is something to it. Chemtrails?(i have noticed increased spraying), changes in earth's magnetic field affecting our bodies?....something is up!

More will be revealed.....
edit on 1-2-2011 by elegant-gypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
YEP, into my second week with this shssst.....I'm thinking its coming from a nasty mold spore the governments been dumping on us..personally.

I've been chomping the hell out of raw fresh garlic and putting onions in every meal that i prepare. been drinking green tea with honey and lemon too...every day its getting less and less and its changed from green to clear , so I'm thinking I'll just keep it up and wont quit my natural regiments.

its not a bug, it acts more like a spore. a really nasty one

edit on 1-2-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Thank you for the post, as I am sure most would think it a seasonal thing, and I did initially over two months ago when I started getting symptoms. I am coincidentally up right now, because I can not sleep due to the coughing. I took some antibiotics, but that just seemed to make the cough angry at me for attempting to get rid of it. I have pulled a muscle in my chest from coughing so much, and there are times I cough so much I get light headed. I am nervous during these attacks, especially when I am driving, as I am afraid I will faint.

Anyhow, I have never had something like this that has persisted for so long. I am going to try and get in to see the doctor too, but this is no ordinary bug, and I was starting to wonder if others around the world were having this strange coughing issue too. Now I don't know if I am happier to know there are or not. I will keep you all posted, in the meantime to quote the great Dennis Leary, NYQUIL NYQUIL NYQUIL, we love you, you GIANT F'ing Q!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join