It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cough heard around the world....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hashshash1n
reply to post by dragonsmusic

dragonsmusic, on the subject of herbal remedies and with the most respect possible to anyone that finds this subject offensive, have you ever come across any information on the plant cannabis sativa? My own research along with research from various universities indicate it is very helpful to the immune system and may help the OP in a matter like this depending on the location they are located and/or ability to get.

Indeed, Hashshsash1...there is research available demonstrating the alkalizing effects of cannabis on the human body. Alkalizing the body is a little known way of keeping the immune system strong which you probably already know...and in case you are not aware of that, a Nobel Prize was given out to the scientist who proved not so long ago that keeping the body alkaline can prevent the body free from disease as no bacteria are able to grow in that alkaline chemical atmosphere. C.S is one of many things which helps to promote that alkaline state.

As for why it's not a legal medicine in most places, or why it's non-medical base form of hemp is no longer used in the industrial sector...well, there are tons of profound threads on this subject which are here on ATS.

And finally, I'm not allowed to recommend that to Nef on this site, or he might have to have me banned...

However I agree with you, as you can see. And not to be over the top with these lines, but it would be best if I wrote the word "vaporized." Mods, it's fine.

edit on 3-2-2011 by dragonsmusic because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2011 by dragonsmusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

blowing your nose is the worst thing you can do when you have a cold! seriously! remember this and try it next time you get a cold and your nose starts filling up - just wipe in or squeeze out whatever is in there but do not blow it at all. you nose will be clear again within 2 days this way or you can carry on blowing it and suffer the blocked nose for a week.

i also got this flu bug when i went to uk at xmas ( it is flu, not a cold .... general rule... if it is mainly below the neck it is flu and if it is mainly in the head its a cold) and it took me weeks to get rid of the cough - i have never known a flu like it before.

as a recommendation for uk folks (via a chemist) = if this illness gives you difficulty breathing due to it feeling like an elephant sat on your chest - get a product called chesteze from a pharmacy - it is like someone inflating your lungs like a balloon and will give you great relief.

my mother also has had it recur 3 times since early december and is only just getting over it now. this is a nasty illness whatever causes it.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I agree with the person who said DO NOT BLOW YOUR NOSE. You need to get the toxic, viral stuff out of you, but blowing your nose may make your congestion even worse. The best way to get rid of what's ailing you when it's viral (or even chemical) is to sweat it out. Of course, you are probably too weak to exercise, and I'm definitely not suggesting that. You need to eat/drink the spiciest food you can handle, something that will make you sweat and make your nose run naturally. The best things to use, with anti-viral properties are: RAW garlic clove, fresh grated ginger root (use a cheese grater), and/or cayenne pepper dissolved in hot water w/ fresh lemon. Even better is combining all of these things in an herbal elderberry tea like "Gypsy Cold Care." And eat dark leafy greens like kale, chard, collard or mustard greens (spinach not recommended - it interferes w/ calcium).

Also, RE: ECHINACEA. Recent studies have shown that echinacea only helps prevent colds/flus, but it does nothing once you've caught one, and can even make it worse.

And I can not stress enough the importance of ZINC (in lozenge form if you can stand it) and VITAMIN D (15 minutes of sunlight every day, W/O sunscreen!).

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, but I'm someone who's been researching folk medicine for over 10 years to find out which remedies have rigorous scientific studies that support them. I try to keep up on all the latest research and pass it on to my loved ones. The above is what has worked for me every time. Almost. (see below)

Of course, this is for normal colds and flus. This regimen has helped me with EVERY virus I've caught in the past couple years. However, last week I caught a cold, after having a crushing headache for weeks. I followed my usual regimen above and started feeling better within 2 days. I thought I had beat the cold when my congestion went away and I got all my energy back on Saturday, but then the next day I suddenly felt worse. No cold symptoms any more, but suddenly I couldn't walk up the 2-block hill to work any more without feeling faint and heavy and having to stop several times to catch my breath. Plus stomach cramps. And most oddly, my hair has completely changed texture. Suddenly my skin is really dry no matter what I do, and my hair has gone really coarse. I joked with my bf that he must be slowly poisoning me or something. That's honestly how I feel. Weird neurological issues too. I'm even less coordinated than usual, and shaky. These can all be symptoms of an underactive thyroid, but I've been supplementing my thyroid for months with good results - why would my regimen stop working so suddenly? None of my usual remedies seem to help with whatever's going on.

P.S.- I was in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S. when I caught the cold. A friend who's a grade school teacher there said 3/4 of her class were out sick that day.
edit on 2/3/11 by burdenofdreams because: added disclaimer about folk medicine

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by burdenofdreams

Something like this happened to me last year.

Despite taking vit d, zinc, general vits, regularly eating garlic and onions, always keeping and eating healthy generally, plenty of exercise, house kept clean and freshly aired daily.

There has been waves of flu, going through schools, it even closed 6 schools here, some of the flu was type b, and included stomach bugs, nasty stuff!

My flu wasn't typical of type b or even swine flu, gp's said it was just a cold, tests and scans showed normal.

But it was literally, one day fine, the next day aching neck, major headache, aching lungs though no infection, could barely breathe, skin and hair dry, extreme tiredness, feeling faint, even one day so dizzy I couldn't stand, the room was spinning.

After researching symptoms it sounded more like heavy metal toxin so took chlorella and started taking manuka and using other natural remedies, and still do, just to prevent any further cases.

We also now regularly use antiviral sprays like Dettox around the home when there are any bugs going round schools, in addition to the daily sterilising of doorhandles, lightswitches and hard surfaces.

We are in the UK and there has also been a lot of food scares in recent years.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't know if it's the same thing you had, but my husband and I never get sick and we got this long cold. I'd say we had it for about 2 weeks, but we were ON it day one with herbs. An echinacea mix for the immune system and then a sinus tincture, too.

I remember wondering at the time how it happens that we got THIS cold when I hadn't been sick for 10 years! Very strong strain!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This was going around last year out here in California, I knew people who had this cold for months.

What I do is squeeze a slice of lime into a glass of water daily. If you are sick, do this several times daily. Since I started doing that, I rarely have have gotten sick. Last year I did fight the virus I think you are all dealing with, but it never got serious, and I finally got rid of it after three weeks. It was like what I have seen described here. It would seem to be going away, and then change, and attack a different area.

From what I understand, lime is also an alkalizer. I have also heard from many sources that keeping yourself on the alkalize side of the ph scale also greatly reduces the chance that you will get cancer.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thanks for calling my attention to the onion methods. They do work.
Another thing I forgot to mention was star anise. Which is the starting material for the antiviral Tamiflu - preventing the con artist RNA's from mutating too fast...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
And I'm sure , Mods, y'all would tell me if it's not fine...

Also the thing about Mullein is true. I thought of this post in a synchronistic fashion when I saw Admiral Mullen on The Daily Show last night...

I never ask for peoples' attention...but please look at what I wrote about the herb. Mullein...different spelling from the Admiral...

Though some of you on this thread sound like you might like sharing your suffering more than finding a way to fix it. Peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This isn't just a "cough" or a "cold".

Mankind is going through Change.

The current Cycle is ending and we are entering the New Age.

The God's return!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have had a cough at night for the last 11 or 12 weeks. I've been to the doctor a few times and it never seems to go away. A hot steamy shower seems to relieve symptoms but it always returns.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

As mentioned in another thread, try Neem tablets, by Nature's Way. Neem has been used for thousands of years in countries like India and China, and is considered a natural anti-bacterial and anti-viral remedy. Available in almost all health food stores....And no I am not affiliated with any of them. Also one excellent suggestion an internist suggested several years ago to me when I had a persistent cold, cough, etc. in addition tlo traditional suggestions, was for me to immediately throw away my toothbrush and get a new one. And to do the same thing each time this problem occurs, and is resolved. Guess "the bug" stays in your brush? Don't know... but it was an amazingly simple idea but effective and inexpensive....
edit on 4-2-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

Millions of people are experiencing this "cough". It is unexplainable by the doctors. I saw the doctor and he could come up with no explanation.

Like I said;

Mankind is Changing.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by Ayana

Heres the deal. People I know who have been to their doctor with this have been given antibiotics and - guess what? It doesn't go away. It simply seems to reinvent itself.

And... I'm not panicking about it. I'm simply curious as to other peoples experiences and reccomendations. I'm kinda nosey that way.

did you take the flu shot for the H1N1 ?
if yes .. then you know what you have
edit on 2/4/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by Ayana

Heres the deal. People I know who have been to their doctor with this have been given antibiotics and - guess what? It doesn't go away. It simply seems to reinvent itself.

And... I'm not panicking about it. I'm simply curious as to other peoples experiences and reccomendations. I'm kinda nosey that way.

did you take the flu shot for the H1N1 ?
if yes .. then you know what you have
edit on 2/4/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

I have had the same symptoms.

I haven't had a Flu vaccine since I was 6 years old. 11 years ago.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I LIve in Mesa, Arizona and everyone i know has been sick in the past few months.

But I still haven't caught anything (knock on wood), and i think its because i drink lots of Yerba Mate. It's a really popular South American herbal tea. I picked up the habbit of driking it a few years ago and my health has increased dramatically. I highly recommend it.

I also smoke high Quality Organic Cannabis a few times a day, Maybe that could be part of the reason too

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Colton

I hope it is for the better because this world is becoming more and more of a toilet every day IMHO

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

It is for the better.

This cough is a sign of Mankind' change.

We are evolving.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I swear on neem for many things.
Its uses are very underused and underestimated.
However,neem is more an anti-fungicide,not an anti-bacterial.
Glad to see someone mention neem tho.
I use it for alot of topical wounds because I don't have the stuff to ingest.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't know what the blasting hell it is, and it might just be my asthma acting up, but I've had a cough off and on since roughly May. It's definitely annoying, and I've seen a half dozen doctors about it. They give me inhalers that do nothing. I think it might be the dry air.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by manta78

I swear on neem for many things.
Its uses are very underused and underestimated.
However,neem is more an anti-fungicide,not an anti-bacterial.
Glad to see someone mention neem tho.
I use it for alot of topical wounds because I don't have the stuff to ingest.

Neem has many unique uses including anti-bacterial and anti-viral; You may want to check out this site for more info:

www.infinityfoundation.com...
edit on 8/2/11 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join