It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Is it possible he had some sort of mini-stroke? Unless I'm mistaken, that can affect the brain and a person's life in huge ways, and cause such sudden changes. It's also possible he is in fact having a spiritual experience; as long as he is being monitored by professionals in mental care, I don't see any harm in pursuing the religious aspect of his experience. Even if it is due to a physical or psychological ailment, it could lead to positivity.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

No worries.

It wasn't directed at you solely either mate, there has been a lot of people very quick to condemn others for things they know little to nothing about, and it was to every one of that ilk frankly.

If you agreed with my post...where's my bleedin' star!?

Maybe in your ideal world. In the real world it doesn't work like that. Go visit a Psych ward. Many people need and are reliant on medication. That evil western medicine you all abhore. Funnily enough, my Mum has nursed Psych wards, and my nextdoor neighbour is security on a Psych ward. And I have a friend in the Psych ward. So got a little bit of first and second hand knowledge. Some people aren't mentally right. You can go anywhere in the world, there's many places without Western medicine, and find people with these problems. Mental problems are as real as the physical.

Agreed.

My wife worked on the 'lock up ward' for many years, and we actually lived together in the nurse's home (had two small rooms) for 18 months, so both she and i have seen how people genuinely affected by mental illness can behave both with meds and without.

Meds are absolutely beneficial to those that *need* them. Conversely, they appear to have the opposite effect on those that *don't* need them, yet are prescribed them anyway.

My personal problem with organised medicine, is the profit element. Prescriptions for A.D's are at an absolute all time high. These things are peddled to toddlers and geriatrics alike, almost arbitrarily it seems.

A recent conversation with a GP revealed that to her knowledge approximately 60-70% of the UK population are now routinely prescribed A.D.'s for everything from 'terrible tot' behaviour and period pain, to insomnia and backache...they do of course also prescribe these things to people with mental illness from time to time too!

Profit in medicine is immoral IMO, as it simply invites abuse and corruption where the end result is the ruination of peoples lives. Medicine should be for non-profit only, backed by taxes preferably.

But yeah, although IMO the levels of corruption as regards Pharma/medicine are through the roof, i absolutely agree there is a genuine need for these drugs and they do work mostly well, for those that really need them.
edit on 1/2/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
my ex was bi-polar and this type of activity is consistent with things I've lived through. She had to be hospitalized for a few months at one point, it's a hell of a disease.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
my ex was bi-polar and this type of activity is consistent with things I've lived through. She had to be hospitalized for a few months at one point, it's a hell of a disease.

To be human is to be bi-polar.....humans go through emotional extremes; that is what it means to be human. I am totally against medications which are supposed to cure this "disease"

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My friend,

Your Husband has been born again in spirit. He isn't alone. He does not need psychiatric help.

This link may help him if you'd like to share it with him.

Link

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
TextYou know we could still say were in a dark age in society where this talk is considered mentally ill. Is mental illness a real thing or just a spiritual awakening.

In society I think were meant to keep to our business because this talk scares people.

I think the main reason why something like mental health exists is to keep everybody in alignment with the Matrix that Government thinks works so well.

I have a message myself. I know things are about getting ready to rock n' roll but for the people ignoring the fact that they have a soul it's going to be double trouble. You just can't ignore you have an emotional self that needs to be expressed, isn't that the soul? If anything!!!???

We can't be emotionless beings just serving the construct, we didn't make it for ourselves. Is it really fair to ourselves to preserve a system we didn't make and expect us to act as machines like in a Matrix???

I don't get this world, why can't people accept the notion of a soul, is it because maybe you have a bad attitude about what this would mean. For one I don't believe Religion is helpful as it is another part of the Matrix. It's another way of Mind Control and feeding into the machine like Hive mind that so many humans think they should be.

People, it can be whatever you want it to be but you got to get organized in your head for once. Your emotions can be played off as your soul, let's just say that is the soul.

Pay attention to your emotions, they make a big difference in how your life plays out better or for worse.

We are Humans, This world can be a better place to live and work in but not be of anymore. On the sidelines you can always have something crazy going on.

Remember Crazy is the new norm and if it's crazy to believe I got a soul that needs help than I'm Crazy. At least I'm not an Automaton, what kind of life is that really when all is said and done?

Peace in this crazy little world in an Infinite Universe-Muzeamy

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Also it could also be a kudalini experience, where it happens suddenly, and the person can be overwhelmed sometimes.

get your hubby to look into this as it may be your reason. But be careful about how you define it and what is going on.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

edit on 1-2-2011 by Daecollo because: (double post)

edit on 1-2-2011 by Daecollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Congratulations on finding Jesus your savior.

Also, Congratulations on losing your individuality.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by punctual

That is not what being bi polar is. People who suffer from bi polar depression suffer from periods of mania for weeks at a time, then they dive into depression for another few weeks constantly repeating that cycle. They are very rarely 'normal' sometimes only being so for a day or maybe less.

(To the OP) Don't listen to any of the people on here for advice, most of them have no idea what they are talking about. Make sure your husband sees a fully licensed doctor, as he/she will know what is best for your husband
edit on 1/2/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Prior to his "awakening" did you husband experience any missing time? Was he unaccounted for at any point during that day? Have you talked to his co-workers and asked them how he acted while at work that day? Or if he disappeared for any length of time?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stress
It was absinthe that led to him cutting off his ear

Mental illness and substance abuse often go hand-in-hand.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

This happened to me a few years ago. Only it turned me into an atheist a few years after rather than a religious person. The following months I reverted due to the simple fact that I had seen too much in my life to make me that way.

Stop taking your drugs. Keep having those long talks. Start writing them down. And if anyone dares to get in your way, support each other in your new found pursuit of knowledge and happiness.

I wonder if he's Christian now or something. Random thought.

Just watch and see how far it can go. Once it started it was like my brain was downloading information every time I dreamed. Entire ecosystems of alien worlds, entire histories of fabricated societies from made up planets. Entire though processes that went on for weeks, designing warp ships, new building materials, new entities. A brain that had caught fire on the raw energy of consciousness itself.

Once a brain is lit on fire like his, it cannot help but explode. Get rid of the filter. Let it all come out and let him find his own walls to contain the new spirit he has. It's a hard process that takes a decade to stabilize, but when it does, you are an entirely new person. Like a Da Vinchi all in your own right. Start using that energy to paint, create, sing, invent, anything at all. But be careful not to assume that he'll suddenly one day be levitating things and making the red sea open up. It's all in the mind. And it's a fire that cannot be seen. A fire that cannot be felt but by the person with it. It cries out to use your hands and brain and eye to make something all the time. Never lose it. And don't let meds get in the way of it. If people call you nuts, just laugh and have a talk with them.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Ma'm if you been around this man for 11 years as a married living together couple you would know better than most if he is bi-polar. Undiagnosed, it's not a fun roller coaster ride so most folks will 'self medicate'. In an attempt to defeat the demons of mania or depression come use (more like abuse) of alcohol, marijuana, street drugs - sometimes prescription or OTC meds even.

You would have seen your husband going at projects like Super-Man from time to time. Going without sleep. Doing abnormal amounts of work. Energy galore. Other times he can't sleep but he needs and wants to. And there would be plenty of symptoms of depression, because what goes up must come down, and there is no control over it all by yourself.

He may have mentioned some people in the workplace making less than kind cracks about and/or to him. Because people in the workplace can spend a lot of time around a person, sometimes more time than a spouse, as far as waking hours goes. The highs and depression lows of bi-polar disorder wreak havoc on some folks sleep. It goes that way for years. It takes a toll on ones health, mental and physical. People know someone that makes them uncomfortable at work, they are crass and ignorant enough to make remarks right to their face. Your husband would relate a story like that to you?

Any way, please get your loved one to a decent psychiatrist for diagnosis. If he really is bi-polar, get him going to a psychiatrist regularly to monitor & prescribe medications, but get him a therapist for talk therapy. Psychiatrists all too often have to knock out as many patients per hour as possible to make coin over expenses. A therapist ( a legitimate Ph.D. ) will work with your guy in 45 minute sessions. If your loved one is bi-polar and must be medicated he has a lot of re-adjustment to do. It does not happen overnite. Patience, support, rinse, repeat.

Don't expect the first psychiatrist or therapist to be a match made in Heaven for those two. Might have to switch Doctors a few times before one finds the professional they are comfortable with.

Honey, I wish you the best. If you are 1/2 the woman my wife is, your husband is going to do just fine with you by his side.

And for those who boo-hoo psychiatry or Big Pharma: be thankful you don't know first-hand what blessings they are.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
OK, it is done!

Aren't you so Special OP, you just had to do this so that you got something out of it, you are so Special. You failed!

I read enough to see the bi-polar in ATS, one faction saying, "Oh girl save him with meds" and another telling you the "Truth" about what you and "they" are doing.

I had this very same thing happen to me, I woke up one day and suddenly out of the blue (long before ATS or any other crappy spiritual site) and I was "told" from within that we are Hybrids, that Gods were Lords and Lords were Men. I was told the truth from within because my DNA was awakening.

Yes, I did the same thing, I feared for my Soul. I suddenly was lifted beyond the physical realm and given the opportunity to ask for forgiveness and to begin to activate actively in my life. You shut him down and you are so Special! I am sickened by your need to find your excuses!

There is only one more thing to do here, you have to get your Husband online and show him this Thread. Have him read it for himself so that he can see exactly what kind of Wife you are. What kind of partner to do this! You are so Special!

This wasn't about fear for your children's safety, it was about you, because you did not have to go to such extremes and you should be ashamed at coming on here and babbling about how much you were "awake" because you are a member of ATS. Believing in 9-11 is not being "awake", hell, believing in Aliens is not being "awake" either. You failed your hubby and he needs to read this Thread! Otherwise you are nothing more than what I believe you are, a soul fed creature with an intent to shine. Wake up before it is too late, oh forget it, it is too late and you failed!

Aren't you so Special!

How can you point fingers, and bash anyone when your on a message forum on a site specializing in topics the mainstream deems "taboo". if you don't want to read it, then just hit that button on the upper tool bar of your browser pointing Left.

No one care's for your negative spill on here, grow up. act like an adult and not a child, we all are grown here and can(SHOULD) conduct ourselves accordingly. if you want to have tantrums, go to a room in your house and do it.

You and No one else on this forum has that right to judge the next person.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Still waiting for the OP to return and flesh out details that have been avoided up to now.

I want to specifically know what her husband's "trigger" was. And she knows it so time to share.

Also when you went to pick him up at work, and you got worried and called your parents, why did you react this way? Speaks volumes for a lack of basic trust. Why the need for this mistrust? Has there been troubles in the past you have not alluded to?

Oh and his "awakening" as you say, could you please flesh out the specific types of things he began saying, and what he said also to his coworkers that made them feel the need to call you to ensure he wasn't under the influence?

What transpired during the "traffic stop" that made hubby going to jail / hospital a certainty?

Is there animosity towards you from him since?

Are you ok with that?

X

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by VI0811

Originally posted by jonwight
im no dr. but maybe meds arent exactly what he needs.

I agree. Its like taking a child, a child with lots of energy. which everyone know that kids are more energy than thought when young. So parents that can't handle them, put them on drugs to calm them down and shut them up. Even though kids are just being kids. Meds masking whatever he needs to get out in the open, are not the answer. Suggestion, have him take a week off work without meds, watch him, and let him express himself without harm or bother from other who will judge ....

Maybe in your ideal world. In the real world it doesn't work like that. Go visit a Psych ward. Many people need and are reliant on medication. That evil western medicine you all abhore.

Funnily enough, my Mum has nursed Psych wards, and my nextdoor neighbour is security on a Psych ward. And I have a friend in the Psych ward. So got a little bit of first and second hand knowledge. Some people aren't mentally right.

You can go anywhere in the world, there's many places without Western medicine, and find people with these problems. Mental problems are as real as the physical.

If we are going debate who has more experience, I work at a University hospital. My whole family is in the medical field. So please. Spare me the rhetorical nonsense ok ... I was making a suggestion based on experience. To many times people are missed diagnosed. Especially when it comes to things like Bipolar or ADD or ADHD. Bipolar is a far cry from being psychotic.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xatnys
Still waiting for the OP to return and flesh out details that have been avoided up to now.

I want to specifically know what her husband's "trigger" was. And she knows it so time to share.

Also when you went to pick him up at work, and you got worried and called your parents, why did you react this way? Speaks volumes for a lack of basic trust. Why the need for this mistrust? Has there been troubles in the past you have not alluded to?

Oh and his "awakening" as you say, could you please flesh out the specific types of things he began saying, and what he said also to his coworkers that made them feel the need to call you to ensure he wasn't under the influence?

What transpired during the "traffic stop" that made hubby going to jail / hospital a certainty?

Is there animosity towards you from him since?

Are you ok with that?

X

Those are good questions to ask. Good information to know to get an more accurate opinion of his state of mind ...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daecollo
Congratulations on finding Jesus your savior.

Also, Congratulations on losing your individuality.

I am not christian but I do find this to be some hateful bs. So because they found Jesus they lost their individuality? You are not so unique yourself, your on a forum filled with individuals who don't follow or believe in the mainstream information feed. so as much as you would like to think you have broken away from the herd of sheep, you've just left a bigger flock and jumped into a smaller one.

SMH, why do you people take your negative views and keep em to yourself. if you don't like what was typed or said in the thread, COOL. thats YOUR choice, but to knock another person's faith or spiritual eureka is truly hateful.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join