It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ronin22

Originally posted by Daecollo
Congratulations on finding Jesus your savior.

Also, Congratulations on losing your individuality.

I am not christian but I do find this to be some hateful bs. So because they found Jesus they lost their individuality? You are not so unique yourself, your on a forum filled with individuals who don't follow or believe in the mainstream information feed. so as much as you would like to think you have broken away from the herd of sheep, you've just left a bigger flock and jumped into a smaller one.

SMH, why do you people take your negative views and keep em to yourself. if you don't like what was typed or said in the thread, COOL. thats YOUR choice, but to knock another person's faith or spiritual eureka is truly hateful.

When you accept someone as your savior, you follow him with all your heart and will, and lose your individuality, its that simple.

You misunderstand, I wasn't saying that he lost all of it, he just lost the part which "I" myself consider myself consider most important, its not something bad or wrong.

I don't drown myself in such simple things, I would try to avoid a herd as much as possible, I'm not joining anything, but I'm not knocking it off, I know its there and I believe it, I just refuse to swim in the same ocean is all.

What you and what "I" consider hateful, are completely different, obviously, you also jumped to the conclusion that I was being hateful, I wonder where you got that from...

Not all views are positive, there is as much hate in this world as there is love, if you can't accept that, then you are very lost.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Daecollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Was your husband drawing anything like this by chance? Was he walking around your garden looking for chicken wire?

All kidding aside, anything is possible. It is quite possible that his eyes opened up and he is now the recipient of something greater than us. On the other hand, it also probably a good thing that he went in to get help and is now getting treated.

I've had mental and emotional distress in my family and family members have had to get treated. It is not easy and you can see some stuff that seems VERY out of character for the persons you've been with for years or decades, as you have noted.

Explore other options, but stand by him and support him and his medical treatment.

Thank you for sharing this,

Kharron

edit on 1-2-2011 by Kharron because: typo

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by VI0811

Originally posted by jonwight
im no dr. but maybe meds arent exactly what he needs.

I agree. Its like taking a child, a child with lots of energy. which everyone know that kids are more energy than thought when young. So parents that can't handle them, put them on drugs to calm them down and shut them up. Even though kids are just being kids. Meds masking whatever he needs to get out in the open, are not the answer. Suggestion, have him take a week off work without meds, watch him, and let him express himself without harm or bother from other who will judge ....

Maybe in your ideal world. In the real world it doesn't work like that. Go visit a Psych ward. Many people need and are reliant on medication. That evil western medicine you all abhore.

Funnily enough, my Mum has nursed Psych wards, and my nextdoor neighbour is security on a Psych ward. And I have a friend in the Psych ward. So got a little bit of first and second hand knowledge. Some people aren't mentally right.

You can go anywhere in the world, there's many places without Western medicine, and find people with these problems. Mental problems are as real as the physical.

If we are going debate who has more experience, I work at a University hospital. My whole family is in the medical field. So please. Spare me the rhetorical nonsense ok ... I was making a suggestion based on experience. To many times people are missed diagnosed. Especially when it comes to things like Bipolar or ADD or ADHD. Bipolar is a far cry from being psychotic.

Fair enough. But the OP's husband by all descriptions sounds like he'd benefit from medication. And too sounds textbook bipolar.

Still, if you entire family is in the medical field I'd have imagined you'd know that ADD(hasn't been used in the medical field for decades) is ADHD. There's no need for the "or".

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Dear OP,

There will be many opininons over your sharing of your private lives of you, yourself and your children, both negative and positive. Some of them well meaning as most are experienced in life and matured, but some bordering upon teenage angst filled immaturity fed on overdose of alcohol abuse.

In the end, more critical and vital, is you and your hubby, for none of us can ever live your lives, but you and your family alone can. They have opinions and are fully free to express it in any manner of their voluntary free will, and just as yours to consider or reject, without fear or favour, thus no need to please anyone or be politically correct. Just be yourself and speak your piece and in peace in our free society that ATS is well known for, nor be flattered or hurt by praise or brickbats.

Regardless if you or your hubby would share further is of no matter, but by your post alone, you had already done a wonderful illuminating issue to our lives, and that is the power of the divine that exists and testified by billions past and present, something which no one can deny, or a denial today but only to retract it the next time on a future date.

That divine power lays in all humans, and that is the spirit of our Creator, a soul for each individual human that seeks beyond the 5 sense over issues that cannot be readily defined by our current knowledge in Science, which is still pretty backwards, in terms of age compared to the Universe.

What we consider magic, is but only true science at work, a science which we had not evolve to that level to comprehend. For example, in our ancient days, when a lady screams a high pitch sound, glasses break, and we attribute it to demonic or angelic forces.

But today, with our current knowledge of resonance, frequencies and reactive molecular structure, we know it is not magic, but only science. So too, the current neurological sciences of our mind is lacking, and anything that we do not comprehend yet, we simply label it and attempt to stop and stabalize it with medications.

Medications are good, but in the end, we will only become akin to drug addicts, dependent on drugs for that which is only natural and normal. Truth is often painful. For example, during your courtship days, when a beautiful love ended, pain results. Do you turn to medication for help? Did it do anything good? No, it is your mental strength that helps you overcome that pain over time.

Similarly so with epiphany, for you realised with that gifted 6th sense in you that there is a higher power than oneself, and loved by it to be gifted with it. At the initial stages, one will be bouyed by hope, but with that sense, one then realizes the awful truths around the world that is hindering our progress and evolution.

Sadness will then abound, for one is powerless to change anything, resulting in depression and the need for the addictive drugs to ease one's pain over reality, ending in us becoming 'blue pill' addicts, and apathy with delusions easy for manipulations sets in.

No, this is not and never the purpose of the gift of epiphany, for the heavens sing when that gift is bestowed, for it means one more is converted to the truth, and that one, with his/her free will, to change and touch lives to guide humanity back to the path our Creator had destined for us all.

The truth is never meant to be a bed of roses. It is revealed so that we can turn it to a bed of roses for all, including ourselves and our loved ones. We are only flawed mortals, not perfect, but prone to errors, and yet, we do each have the capacity to correct them and evolve.

It begins with each of us, with PATIENCE and then it will be exponential. Just as you OP, an unique and special person gifted with different gifts just as all humans are by our compassionate Creator, whom had been touched years ago, to reach out to more, to seek for the truth, come pain or joy, to deal with it with love for our loved ones whom will be our strength and our faith our anchor, hurting and harming no one in the process for evolution of our species..

Cheers and take care ! :-)

edit on 1-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Was there any objective test they did that could confirm without a doubt that he has bi-polar disorder? Or did they diagonse him simply based on the way he was acting? If someone really has bi-polar disorder it isn't all mania, eventually they come down and get really depressed. If you don't see that, these doctors are full of #. It's a sad time when we medicate away spiritual experiences.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36
It's a sad time when we medicate away spiritual experiences.

Yep, like if you out not harming anyone, also people can say oh look that person enjoys themselves, they should be on prescription drugs, lol. If the person is not committing a crime or harming anyone, how is it anyone elses problem?

People should mind there own business.
edit on 2/1/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Speaking from first hand knowledge, your husbands experience sounds like a classic bi-polar psychotic lapse. And that is treated with medication - not gawd. If you pressure a lifelong atheist/agnostic in to following some spiritual path you laid out for him while he is in an obviously weakened state of mind and body.... That is sick.

I hope you would not prey upon somebody you love like that, but to ignore what the doctors are telling you and creating this fictitious "waking up" to explain his obvious medical condition... Those are not good signs. Maybe you should be doing more research in to bi-polar disorder and not ascribing your husbands medical condition to spiritual causes.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36
Was there any objective test they did that could confirm without a doubt that he has bi-polar disorder? Or did they diagonse him simply based on the way he was acting?

That is the only test they have in psychiatry.

I mean, they have all sorts of "tests", but ultimately that's what it boils down to.

This is something that confuses all those who speak of "qualified mental health professionals" and the like but who have never actually been psychiatrically treated themselves.

Psychiatric labels are arbitrary. They are names of patterns. In general medicine, there is a distinction between a disease (such as one's body being invaded by flu virus) and the symptoms (fever, sore throat, etc.). In psychiatry, there is no such distinction. The diseases are the symptoms. They are debated bureaucratically and politically in board rooms, until finally people agree on them and publish a new edition of the DSM.

When you become interested in psychology, and start reading books on it new and old, you find a world of difference between the old school psychoanalysts and modern "diagnostic" psychiatry. And then you realize that the fact that the former is considered "discredited" and the latter is respected is indicative of a severe sickness in our civilization, because just the opposite should be the case.

edit on 1-2-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crimelab
Speaking from first hand knowledge, your husbands experience sounds like a classic bi-polar psychotic lapse. And that is treated with medication - not gawd. If you pressure a lifelong atheist/agnostic in to following some spiritual path you laid out for him while he is in an obviously weakened state of mind and body.... That is sick.

I hope you would not prey upon somebody you love like that, but to ignore what the doctors are telling you and creating this fictitious "waking up" to explain his obvious medical condition... Those are not good signs. Maybe you should be doing more research in to bi-polar disorder and not ascribing your husbands medical condition to spiritual causes.

Not to mention, are any of you in medical school?
Its pretty bad to say "Oh my gawd!" the docters are trying to take away someone's spiritual guide! What if the docters are trying to calm him down and help him, before he does something stupid? I mean, you don't take 8 years of medical for nothing.

If someone who was something for awile, then suddenly, hes a completely different person, I would consider whatever new would be a false persona he created because he himself cannot handle reality.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Daecollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I had a problem with my ex-wife.after nearly 20 years of marrige one evening in June she suddenly went off the deep end and became someone I didn't know.It was one of the most frightening experiences in my life.Her face suddenly became very drawn and she looked 20 years older than she was.She started screaming things that were incomprehensible.It lasted several hours.When it was over she was back to normal but behaving a bit strangly.This was the first of what was to become a permanent state of affairs.Unknown to me ,but well known to her family I later found out, paranoid schitzophrenia ran in her family.It tends to skip a generation as many genitically linked diseases do.Her mom was normal but after she started behaving wierd around the family the story came out that her grandmother on mom's side of the family was a bit strange.I was unable to get her treatment as she refused to see a doctor.I described her symptoms to my doctor and he said it was schitzophrenia.Several other doctors I talked to agreed with him.Legally I was unable to force her to get help unless she became violent.By the time she was so bad she was violent it was to late for me to do anything.I struggled with this for 7 years before seeking a divorce.I guess what I want you to know is the expression of mental illness is very strange for a normal person to see.It will catch you off guard .Suddenly somebody you love is acting in a very unusual manner.You can't deal with an irrational mind with a logical approach.depending on the type of mental illness,the person can become suddenly and unexpectantly violent.They can become a hazard to themselves and to people they love.I had told some of my closest friends about the physical change that came over my wife when she had an episode of paranoia they thought I was full of it. then one day when I was working late they stopped to see me and she had an episode in front of them.They called me later that night and told me they wouldn't be coming to visit me any more because their experience with her had scared the crap out of them.These were friends of mine I had been with for 40 years.Please continue to care about your husband as he needs your support.But be very careful how you deal with this situation.
edit on 2/1/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
God be with you and your family.
don't loose faith in your husband
support him through this transition.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think its kinda sad when someones family starts telling stories behind someones back, and instead of confronting the issue they call the cops and have that person arrested for apparently being depressed... Wow. I wish your family the best of luck with drama and calling the cops on each other instead of the doctor...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The Bible tells of Paul, a Jewish tax collector, having a spiritual experiece with Jesus and coming out of it temporarily blind. You can support him by listening and sharing with him on this new common interest in Spiritual matters, but if need be, remind him to tone it down, be focused and be selective in who he talks to about it. Sometimes people get lit up by the Holy Spirit. Blinded by the light...!

He is very lucky to have you.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think you all (or a lot of you) scared them off with your ranting, rude personal attacks and lack of undersatnding - the op came here for some advice and help and was (for what feels like the most part) attacked. Greensage you should be ashamed of yourself, NadaCambia you obviously would never understand an experience like this.

If it was a spiritual awakening then embrace it and be great full, it is happening a lot...and you cant be blamed for freaking out a bit or wanting to protect him.

Good luck with your journey and I hope your husband makes it through ok

e2a: I'm not sure organized religion is the way to go either - nothing but trouble
edit on 1-2-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

God IS (the good) aliens... all our incarnations in more developed worlds.
I also had a similar experience in about 94. I never went to a doctor.

Are you familiar with the spiritual/conspiracy book War in Heaven by Kyle Griffith (1988)?
It is very advanced, not everyone can take it. These days you can read it online though. It might be of interest in this awakening process...

About the meteor - maybe. I am not sure. The next one they expect to be dangerous is Apophis in 2036. We will see in 2019, whether its trajectory is modified.

I do not know when superbowl is... is it every year?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What was he diagnosed with? What is he on meds for? Sounds like a manic episode to me....

Make sure he is okay, alright? make sure you and your children are as well.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wow, well hello there...quite a ride you've been on for sure. I really like what the majority have said on here. You can feel the love and see the understanding...seems the lay folks are the real professionals. The support and advice is free too; people are taking the time to respond to you because they genuinely want to help. You sure can't beat that. Anyway, I just have a few points to make.

For starters, I sense the pole shift becomes in line with the brain's of humans once the "will" barrier is broken by God. As organic as the earth and universe are, so is our brain. I truly feel man made chemicals tinkering with the human brain are not the answer. These meds can be likened to trying to teach a 1 year old how to walk but never letting them out of the baby-walker. This can lead to permanent damage and dependency. But think about this, if the baby thinks they always need the meds because they are told they are disfunctional, they will depend on the walker and keep the walker companies in business. Same can be said for the overly prescribed bi-polar or the "i'm depressed" meds. To keep in line with the earth changes our brains must change as well, but preferably without the aid of chemicals via fed/state perscription regulated or through underground trade.

Please keep in mind that the ugly lable of bi-polar disorder only became prevailent during the AGE OF TECHNOLOGY, not before it. Any person in history diagnoised with this so called disorder is misinformed. I have no sources to credit because I am the only source that I am aware of that believes this. You'll just have to trust that I seek truth for you and for myself.

What is not organic, and cause for concern, is all the technology that has been revealed and built within the last 150 years or so. All the waves transmitted via cell phones, the internet, digital tv, cell phone towers, any large nuclear plants, power companies, military bases and the list goes on, interferes with our awakening/spiritual process coming in line with the naturally occuring pole shift. This causes, for lack of a better word, short circuiting in our brains, which can lead to frightening erratic behavior because of confusion when one becomes spiritually awake. The best the conglomerate technology giants can do, along with all the universities that cater to techno fields to keep them in business, is to keep this from the general public and feed those adversly affected with pills along with saying there is something wrong with their brain. This is far from being true. There is no one that I am aware of who has had a brain scan done first before prescribing psych meds or even after. That in and of itself ought to raise eyebrows. But then again, the techno companies have no real fear of ever being shut down because technology is more addictive than crack cocain, vicodin, cigs, coca cola and pot put together. Case in point, look at Egypt, as soon as the technology was removed they screamed louder than any crack addict would going through withdrawls along with those addicted to techno crack abroad. We've had revolutions and protests before with out technology and fared just fine, well, depending on what side your on and if you succeeded or not, but I digress. So these big companies have us by the balls and where they want us.

Having said that, just keep in mind that our brains have more to contend with now and that is the natural God given earth changes that are occuring right along side with "alien" technology which has finally manifested on earth. The electrical currents/energies of the spiritual world are intertwining with the physical world and traveling through "machines/computers" and our bodies. The best we can do now, at this point, is cultivate the technology given to us and go with tying our spitituality into it. This was totally unexpected in my humble opinion. What we would have here, instead of just soul, as before, it will go something like, brain AND soul combined. I don't think this has ever been done before, this particular combo, so we are in the testing stages. As far as I know, aliens don't have the same souls as we do, this has nothing to do with them caring or even not caring about us, this is not emotion, I'm talking stictly soul. So while "they" may be creating a soul-less AI "monster" at least we can slay this beast with what we got that it will NEVER have. I do believe one would be better off seeking God with out being around technology at all, and communicating with others like minded, one on one. But living this way would be hard to come by because it's very hard to fit into the system and conduct business if one does not use it. I feel even any minimum electricity will find a way of getting to a person, so one would have to live a primitive life style to be totally protected. We just have to work with the cards we have been dealt and have faith in Jesus Christ and remember we have the support of other Christians; even with all the bickering we do, we all still love each other when push comes to shove because it's about the Lord, not us...hard to live by but we try!

And I just wanted to touch on depression. It is normal to be depressed in a world where there is rape, killing, incest, child molestation, broken families, child custody battles, so much competativeness and so forth. Those who think those things are normal and a part of life are the people who truly need help, yet we turn to these people that say things such as, "that's the way it is so deal with it." and we're led to believe that is the appropriate coping skill. Well, it doesn't have to be that way. The "system" is backwards and the forces of dark fight to keep it this way, but have no worries, as the forces of dark and their self righteous minons are trembling with fear as the unveiling of truth marches forward.

I am very happy for your husband, he is a lucky/blessed man to have a home and family to go back to, as many have been in exile since their awakening. Many who have become spiritually awake sit in prisons/jails and mental wards, their family and friends have abandoned them, btw (the U.S. has the largest prison system and mental institution system in the entire world.) Most upon release will continue to be ostracised and shut out of the work force by self righteous paranoid fear mongering citizenry who conduct background checks and support security clearances. Talk about a country who doesn't trust it's own citizens...holy schmoly, it's not just Afganistan or Iraq, it's regular American Joe/Jane Schmoes who wouldn't hurt a fly that can't pass elaborate background checks and be perfect enough to be part of an HONORABLE work force because of fear mongering. Talk about DISCRIMINATION. There I go digressing again, but YOU can relate to this because of your own fear, along with your parent's fear, of your husband that appears to mainly be based on what YOU READ in the main stream and/or local news. You wrote something to the effect you didn't want to end up hurt or worse by him because you read about other husbands doing so to their families. Look, if the news teaches you anything at all there is sometimes no MO, for all we know perfect granny at the age of 80 has enough and shoots up a bunch of folks. And then people are stumped because there is NOTHING TO GO BY - no precursers to the event, no signs. With that in mind, the only thing you can do is stay true to your heart and what is right and listen to God. I truly hope this news relayed to you here by every member on ATS, which is journalism at it's best because we look at EVERY angle, or at least try to, has as much effect on you as did what struck that fear and paranoia in you and your parent's hearts. Please have you parents read this thread so they to are informed.

And lastly, from 1 Corinthians 1, 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.”

Be blessed :-)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I hope this post does not get covered up too fast, as I would really like to post my opinion on this. I was diagnosed at the age of 8 with bi-polar. Then I was diagnosed with split personalities at the age of 12. By the time I was 14 I was taking multiple pills a day for multiple "diseases" that I was diagnosed with. I have had a very hard childhood, and after going through a lot that I did, I was out of the "norm". I saw 3 Psychiatrists, each with their own opinion, diagnosis, and drugs. Now I am close to 30, I take no pills, have no "diseases", and am perfactly fine.

Why am I telling you this? Because I read your post, and it reminds me of what I went through. Maybe the opposite yes, I did not wake up believing in stuff. I woke up depressed, emotional, crying, and wanting to die. After it was all over, I took myself off the drugs. I slowly brought my life back to normal, and this is the best I have ever felt. I hope your husband is truly doing ok, all I can say is, take him off whatever he is on. It will only further damage him.

What he is going through could be multiple things. I have had my family scared that I was going to kill them with how I was acting. But the truth is, I was just acting out, my parents were getting divorced, my brother tried to kill both my sisters, I had multiple friends commit suicide, and worst of all, my great grandmother had just died. The light of my life, who taught me everything I know about being a good person, left me.... forever. I didnt know how to respond to all the bad that had happened.

Sometimes things happen, that we cannot explain. I for one, have seen and gone through a lot in my short life. But I can tell you this. We as people have gone generations and generations without drugs. And now we have them everywhere. I can literally go to 2 doctors here in town, and get all the drugs I need. But I dont. Please please dont let him stay on those. Let him go through the motions, you will be glad you did. Take care, both of you.

-Matt

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Suddenly you got my attention! When is the superbowl?

BTW I think psychologists are a load of nonsense and bi-polar is a great excuse for just about anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This post intrigues me and makes me think of how my mom acted a few weeks back except her actions were a lot more scary then good willed. Such as she kept thinking me or my daughter was in danger she called every family member she knew worried she would not see them again etc. She is on meds not though and she doesnt worry to much. She is strange about stuff still though like when the garbage needs to be taken out and Dad goes to do it she makes me go help(fine but not of the normal). When she had these episodes as I will call them she would not sleep she was always up checking on us. Freaked me out, but I believe hers was medical and your husbands could be a mix of both.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join