It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband woke up.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

In a earlier post she said she would be back she has been coming here since 2007 im sure she will be back.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

For those who dont know the super bowl is every year and this year it is scheduled for Sunday, February 6, 2011

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimelab

If you pressure a lifelong atheist/agnostic in to following some spiritual path you laid out for him while he is in an obviously weakened state of mind and body.... That is sick.

Why not?

They do it to babies all the time.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
-- Mark 9:13 --
"All things are possible to him who believes."

-- Philippians 4:13 --
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

-- Matthew 19:26 --
"...with God all things are possible."

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
reply to post by doubledutch

In a earlier post she said she would be back she has been coming here since 2007 im sure she will be back.

great, im looking forward to the rest of the story on this

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by djtek

Scientists would be able to see a meteor in the path of the earth probably years before it actually hit us so I'm not buying that one either

Then you should. They did not see the rock that exploded over Indonesia last year. Do not make the assumption that they can and will see all incoming.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
There may be other causes of personality changes like this that are more likely, especially if Your husband is older than about 35 (after which, it is unusual for bipolar to arise). It would be wise to get a brain scan and not simply medicate, which may be covering a real underlying problem.

I am not a doctor but my wife has studied psychology and I have several bipolar friends, whose condition interests me greatly. The normal pattern for male bipolar disorder is that its onset is usually about the 18th year and often may relate to regular exposure to THC (a component of Marijuana smoke).

As you mentioned, your husband is not involved with drugs and so, along with my assuption that he is older, I would say that he is atypical for bipolar disorder (which does not necessarily mean he doesn't have it).

Has your husband any history of head trauma/blackouts/headaches/vertigo as these could become significant and indicate some other physiological problem.

If his experience is generally positive and he is "in control", perhaps you could discuss with his doctor the possibility of moderating his medication but be aware that your husband may not neccessarly know when he is "stepping over the line" and the help of a qualified therapist is very important.

I pray that he recovers.

I absolutely 100% agree with this post. Please see that he get a brain scan and a second opionion. It is possible some organic issue caused a sudden release of '___' from his pineal gland. That he had a sort of "near death" experience caused by the effect of something disrupting his pineal gland function.

Bi-polar does not just arise out of one manic episode - if he has no history of these kinds of things - I would be pushing more thoroughly for a scan. It is possible there is something else going on of an organic nature with his brain.

This story also saddens me, in some cultures this might be embraced as a spiritual awakening - in ours they slap the guy on meds and lock him up. I would seek a second opionion from another facility.

Is it possible he has ever had siezures you may not have recognized, or has there ever been a history of brain injury - even going back to football days in High School? Has he had small episodes of dizziness? I think he needs far more then a simple work up, he needs a thorough examination to include at the very least an MRI. Also as a fire fighter could he have been exposed to fumes/smoke that may have caused an adverse reaction. I don't want to frighten you but he has to be scanned to rule out the possibility of other issues - to include tumors.

You know him best. Make sure you have confidence about declaring your husband's history - don't let them tell you - you tell them! They need to be made fully aware this is out of character!
I wish you luck, this must be frightening.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

Thanks. Not aware of any meteors due in then other than the so called 'alpha-Centaurids' which are basically all of the month but......well you just never know do you!

www.astronomia.org...

edit on 1/2/2011 by PuterMan because: To add a new link because I thought it would be useful. So what are you going to do edit box? Tell me off? Fie at you! You bother me not!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Daecollo

When you accept someone as your savior, you follow him with all your heart and will, and lose your individuality, its that simple.

You got that right, friend. You become a slave to a dogmatic religious nature that is like a very small box that does not let in, or out, anything that is not Bible/Christian based or imagined, or told by a leader, commonly called a minister or preacher. You are then a cult member, you will dress like the rest, talk like the rest, eat like the rest, pray like the rest, and worship like the rest. Did I miss anything?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
I've been with this man for almost 11 years. He has been atheist/agnostic since I have known him. He's a simple guy with simple views. I've always been the conspiracy nut with the crazy ideas and such. He would always laugh at my paranoia and random thoughts about life.

On January 10, 2011, it was like a lightening bolt hit him or an alien took over his body or something. He had some kind of spiritual experience. I can tell you right now that I know this man... everything about him and he had not been drinking or drugging. (He had a drug test later the next evening and it was negative but I'm getting ahead of myself.) Anyway, back to the story... He started having some kind of spiritual experience. He was crying and praying out loud. He apologized to me for everything he had ever done that hurt me. It was the best night I have ever had with him. We laid in bed all night talking until he had to get up and go to work.

The next day he called me and wanted me to tell his coworkers that he was not on drugs. Apparently he had gone to work and was sorta preaching to the guys. I told them that he was fine and was just having a spiritual experience. Later that evening his boss called me and asked if I would pick him up. Said that he needed to go home and rest. On the way to pick him up he called and told me that we were going to go on a trip after I picked him up and to make sure I had the kids with me. I was excited until I talked with my family. They were worried that we would be the next family on the news that was killed by the dad that was getting messages from God. They scared me with their fears.

I picked him up and we started on our 'journey'. My family was so worried that they had the cops stop us. Long story short (okay, not really short but I'm trying), he was arrested, hospitalized and diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

He has been on his meds now for a few weeks. He is still spiritual and still open to conspiracies and such. He has the same thoughts that he had that first night the only difference is that he has a filter now and doesn't say everything that he is thinking or trying to figure out like he did the night he was arrested.

He feels that something big is coming. Something really big. If I was a 'normal' everyday person I would accept his diagnosis and pat him on the head and just think... well, he's crazy. BUT since I'm an 'abovetopsecret' kinda gal I feel like there might be something to his thoughts and feelings. This is soooooo out of his character and for him to just all of a sudden start feeling and acting this way is something.

I'm not saying that he is not bipolar. I'm just saying what if it's something more. I have been reading a lot of threads talking about people waking up and never in a million years did I think my husband would be one of them.

God is not an alien, and don't let your husband just quit the meds. It's important to wean yourself off, by just quitting you can have bad side effects.

There's a true spiritual awakening and than there can be false spiritual awakenings. Educate yourself and your husband on how to test the spirits, you don't want to fall into a lie to suck you in to a very dangerous spirit world of lies.
Most people today refuse to believe that there is a devil, and the devil just celebrates that fact and enjoys mans foolishness in believing that he doesn't exist. It makes it so much easier for him to gain souls and have these souls condemned with him.

Now, there's religion and then there is Christianity, religion is man made and Christianity comes from Christ. Religion is full of flaws, Christianity is not, this is where faith in God comes in to lead you to where the right answers are. And if you find a man or woman that happens to have the answers, than this is where you need to know how to test the spirits. Never just put your faith in any man or woman they can or will mislead you, this is why knowing how to test the spirits is so important.
Learn how to read your bible if you have one, and check out all the different versions, find out the translations from the old Greek, and Hebrew.
And above all, pray for the Lord God in complete faith to show you truth and nothing but the truth. He will, but you got to have faith.
It's so simple and yet so many want to turn to other methods of beliefs, this is very sad the truth is there for all, but they refuse, and choose to their own foolish wisdom to follow false gods.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
You got that right, friend. You become a slave to a dogmatic religious nature that is like a very small box that does not let in, or out, anything that is not Bible/Christian based or imagined, or told by a leader, commonly called a minister or preacher. You are then a cult member, you will dress like the rest, talk like the rest, eat like the rest, pray like the rest, and worship like the rest. Did I miss anything?

You have been mislead as to what Christ taught my friend. You may find the link I posted a page ago of interest. Just because some have distorted the teachings of Christ does not mean that Christ himself is the evil things you claim. If you learn through him, you will find that his teachings are liberating.

Judge not, love all, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 1-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

God is not an alien, and don't let your husband just quit the meds

You can no doubt prove this statement beyond any doubt whatsoever? And the "don't quit the meds" is a common theme (there are others) used by the religious crowd to ridicule a person who knows a few things, or is more intelligent, or better read than you are. I have heard this many times. I was on mind altering medications friend, and I can tell you it is no picnic. I quit them all over 20 years ago, and will never go back. This is a time of Awakening! We have been asleep for many years now, why do the Christians want to keep us asleep? Why? Time for Ascension, friends, not for taking a nap with Jesus. Wake up now!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think it is very sad that you went along with having your lover put on psychological drugs (bad ones at that). The man had a break through on some level, but rather than try to understand him you took him to the worst place possible so that they could immediately set about destroying what he was trying to say.

The sooner you get him off of that poison the better off he will be. Silencing him through drugs was the WRONG thing to do.

Shame on you.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Stella,

I am not sure if you haven't reply to any of the posts because of the negativity that you were fearing would take place and has taken place by some of those who refuse to accept change and aren't able to do or see what your husband is seeing.

I, like many others, am open minded and will listen or read just about anything that triggers my interest. I would please ask you to resume the answers to some of the questions already posted in here. You have opened up the curiosity of a lot of us who are both concern about the health of your husband and the severity of the visions your husband has provided to us through you.

Could you expand a little bit about anything else he may have said with respect to the meteor or what he believes would happen during the superbowl or of any other visions you have not talked about?

Just like a few of us have offered you before, if you do not wish to post such things due to being ridicule by those unwilling to listen (read), then you could U2U me if you so wish to do so.

May the universe fills your family with positive energy and love!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Sometimes when we say My Brother, My Sister or My Husband they are really talking about themselves.

I am not saying this is the case here. It is just what I would do in the same situation.

After all, you are the one posting on ATS. That by itself speaks volumes...

I hope it works out for you. Mental illness (if that is what it is) is hard on everyone...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
i cant believe u told your family, that was your first mistake
uve literally ruined his rep with them ... forever
everything he says now once u leave and return back to ur home will be taken out of context,they will sit around questioning everything he said

you were on the way to something life changing and you gave it up and stayed in your old life
you were going to the mountain in close encounters of the third kind, now hes missed the boat that u cld have jumped on

too bad now im afraid hes at more of a risk of you being on the news,hes being led by something higher, u stopped that higher being and now ur the one leading him..

get him off those meds

I don't know if I'm the first one to disagree, but you have to consider they have children together. The other thing to take into consideration is the fact that mental break-downs definitely happen from time to time, sometimes with very tragic results. If somebody is acting so completely opposite of who they usually are, one should be cautious. If she wanted to risk her own life that's fine, but when you have kids, you don't want to scare them to death when daddy is acting strange. I think she did the right thing, though her husband might have a reputation now.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
Maybe he just got to a point in his life when he could no longer bottle things up inside and it all just blew out.

Same thing that happened to my ex-best friend a couple years before it all ended in suicide.

It's really naive to think of this OP's husband's event as a "spiritual awakening." For crying out loud, his BOSS called you. It's something serious and it was correct the family called the officials. Any kind of "awakening" doesn't happen just like that. I'm sorry, just my 2 cents. The human mind is complex. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Was he capable of expressing his feelings like love and anger?
edit on 1-2-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

He is waking up, just to be put back into pharmacological artificial state of unconsciousness?

Get him off the meds!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
One thing you really need to remember is do not let him stop taking anything all at once. The meds for bi-polar have terrible withdrawal even suicide. If he stops taking them it has to be gradual withdrawal. I have spoken with Hindu masters when the samething happened to me. They said that in the West we don't understand what an "Enlighten Experience is" They told me to go to an Ashram, (sp?) They said in the Eastern countries people that have an Awaken Enlightenment or revered but in the West they call them crazy.

There are countless meds for Bi=Polar, to assume his are addictive and suicidal thought prevoking is wrong. I'm not saying to stay on or off them but the fact remains that unless you know what kind they are, its not worth posting a cmment that may inadvertantly worry the OP.

Back to topic, the stpry is interesting. I wonder if its possible that you could tell us when your going to go there, or even an approximation so that we can have a time to look out for anything happening?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonas86
Any kind of "awakening" doesn't happen just like that. I'm sorry, just my 2 cents.

Yes they do. I am living breathing absolute proof.

No one knows how the spirit works and who it finds worthy of awakening. When it does, you KNOW it.

The man has found love and God, and hasn't threatened to harm anyone or himself but rather is wanting to HELP mankind.

That is the Spirit at work and you should be praying yourself to have such an experience.

May his heart continue to be filled with the love of the spirit and of God.

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join