It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientologists belive in a evil alien called Xenu

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
- Walking on water => nonsense
I agree with most of that, but you never saw the Jesus Christ lizard walk on water?
Jesus Christ Lizard

And of course some people think Jesus was a reptilian.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jesus was probably a reptilian alien
I'm not saying I believe that, but just saying walking on water might not be impossible. For humans, it probably helps to know where the stones are.

But ok, I'll give you something...subjectively, I guess the scientology belief is slightly crazier.
It seems that way to me too, partly because it was all made up so recently by a known science fiction writer.

At least with some competing religions, the stories are so old that we can try to believe ancient things happened in ancient times.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
L.RonHubbard and Jack Parsons were hand picked by Aleister Crowley to lead the US branch of the O.T.O. in southern california, mid 20th century.

most people think that LRH's fictional religion is just-so-much nonsense which can be easily disregarded.

what most people do not understand is that it is incredibly rich in occult workings. even the focus of this thread, the Xenu myth, is an incredibly powerful mythical rendering of the human psyche. i have had a personal study of many of the canonical writings of scientology.....and they have been of great use to me!

that Xenu sounds rediculous, i agree. but if you wish to dismiss LRH as a simple man with silly ideas, you've got another thing coming!

reply to post by Arbitrageur

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

L.RonHubbard and Jack Parsons were hand picked by Aleister Crowley to lead the US branch of the O.T.O. in southern california,
What's O.T.O. ?

that Xenu sounds rediculous, i agree. but if you wish to dismiss LRH as a simple man with silly ideas, you've got another thing coming!
That's why I asked about his brainwashing skills, there's obviously a lot more to it than just simple science fiction.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I never understood the fascination that people hold for something that in no way impacts them. If people with money to burn want to coddle some strange belief that means something to them, so be it. I find it hard to sit here and criticize a system that might console some yet impact very few.

It's not like they're out there burning masses of people alive or flaying the skin off people that don't follow their beliefs (hello!Christianity/Catholicism!)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

although most people will have a hand-flinch reaction to crowley (666) and his occult work, he was able to integrate more esoteric teachings into a single discipline then any other i can think of. i would not be surprised if it were discovered that every single form of subversive social control, including most entertainment media, could be linked back to crowley and the OTO.

its like they made a map of the human soul and figured out which buttons to push. pretty amazing if you think about it.

so when you find "scary" pictures of crawley, or "silly" dismissals of hubbard, you should be more inclined to see these as barriers to rational thought. in other words, anyone that is rationally incompetent enough to NOT navigate past those boundaries, is also not qualified to view the contents of their disciplines.

....or something like that.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I was obviously talking about humans...there's plenty of animals that can walk on water, like the water strider insect

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
so when you find "scary" pictures of crawley, or "silly" dismissals of hubbard, you should be more inclined to see these as barriers to rational thought. in other words, anyone that is rationally incompetent enough to NOT navigate past those boundaries, is also not qualified to view the contents of their disciplines.
Does that include this dismissal by the Ordo Templi Orientis Public Information Officer?

OTO responds re: Hubbard

Your suggestion is an interesting one, and may answer my question about how and where Hubbard acquired all the brainwashing skills. OTO could be as likely a source as any, but this stuff seems difficult to confirm.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

yes, difficult to confirm at best.

but as i said before, the writings of LRH (particularly "Scientology 8-80") have been a real revelation to me personally. is it not totally obvious that the symbol "8-80" is blatant esotericism (is that an oxymoron?)?

the best confirmation for the validity of information is when things start "clicking into place". you really dont have to look very hard at the LRH crowley connection before it clicks pretty heavily.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I don't believe any of the scientology faith. On the other hand, as a Christian...I can at least show them the same respect that I ask for...you know..."do unto others as you would have them do unto you"....who said that?

Oh yeah, that Jesus dude.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Awww good old Scientology.
You forgot to mention that you can only access your old memories if you pay for a considered among of money per sessions to awaken you up.

I can't believe that if the entire world goes kaboom these are folks that are probably going to survive in their multi billion dollar bunkers, I'm talking about Tom Cruise and people like that. Such enlightened fellows. -.-

here's an image of tom cruise bunker:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They even have a freaking pool down there.
Seriously Scientology is for fools with lots of money.
And I'm not saying this because I'm not open minded. Just seeing things for what they look like.
edit on 2-2-2011 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The simple fact is, if it isn't backed up by science, I will consider it hogwash and hocus pocus until someone backs up their claims with facts...that includes esotericism!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b9cebb7f4af.jpg[/atsimg]

translation: "this is not a pipe"

facts, claims, hocus pocus, and esotericism all arrive at a strange crossroads at the above surrealist artwork.

if you think that facts posing as claims masquerading as self-referencing counter-arguments performing hocus pocus on themselves is not a useful (if not terribly convoluted) model of reality, then by all means: stick to what you "know".

but ask yourself this: how do you "know" that "this is not a pipe"? (please do not answer that.)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

In other words, you're content with just making stuff up (or accepting made up stuff) on the remote possibility that it might be true...even if there's a complete lack of evidence?? That's called SPECULATING or FICTION

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

nothing was "made up" in my last post.

1. it is not a pipe. (fact)
2. it is a pipe. (fact)
3. it is apparently argueing with itself about this distinction. (claim)

_____

i can appreciate where you are trying to go with this, but i really think it doesnt apply. the way that reality is formed, on a conceptual basis, is by USEFULNESS. not FACTUALNESS. you are in an inherently non-scientific debate.

for example: christianity may or may not be based in any actual facts. it is however, very useful.....especially for those people who want to exert a specific type of control over other people.

it is useful and so it is therefore operable within reality. reality does not obey the laws of facts alone. like a picture arguing with itself about its own ontological status. this is esotericism.

(....but we both know that science is REALLY where its at
)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I'm not arguing that you can't use it to control people, or make money...but the base premise (invisible man, talking snakes, aliens throwing nuclear bombs into volcanos) is complete hogwash until you provide objective, verifiable evidence to back it up. No one's arguing that religion X doesn't exist, just that its claims are beyond laughable due to the lack of evidence to back them up...which of course doesn't mean people aren't using it to control others. There's plenty of blind sheep who WANT to believe anyway

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I can type on forever, but it seems most do not understand the system of Scientology, so I am tired of writing about it.

But, don't forget, when Dianetics was written, it is a how-to manual to do the process to Clear for FREE. Any 2 people can do Dianetics and not involve the "Church of Scientology" at all. He also made another book for inidividuals, Self Analysis.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
I can type on forever, but it seems most do not understand the system of Scientology, so I am tired of writing about it.

But, don't forget, when Dianetics was written, it is a how-to manual to do the process to Clear for FREE. Any 2 people can do Dianetics and not involve the "Church of Scientology" at all. He also made another book for inidividuals, Self Analysis.

That still assumes humans are immortal beings, something we have no evidence for.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

That's why I asked about his brainwashing skills, there's obviously a lot more to it than just simple science fiction.

Scientology is basically a religion of brainwashing. Without really knowing what it was, I went to rehab for an addiction at a Narcanon facility. They use a method devoloped by L. Ron Hubbard to treat addicts. It's actually the same thing as all Scientologists go through to become members, along with a detoxing sauna program. I was smart enough to fake my way through it until I left after about 4 weeks there.

Some of the things they'd have us do there were:

Sit in a chair while being berrated by 1 or more people, attempting to find a "button." A button is anything that will make you react in any way...turning away, blinking, taking it personally.

Sit in a chair for an hour, staring straight into the eyes of another person doing the same exercise. This was actually done every morning, and the time increased, up to 6 hours at a time by the time you would graduate. If you'd blink or move the time would start over.

Command an ashtray to "go up," " sit down," "stay still." Was something along those lines, anyway.

Write up every single bad thing you have EVER done. Everything....from stealing, murdering....to littering. And after being reviewed by a counselor, you would burn the pages.

There were even pictures of Lron everywhere in the place. I had no idea who he was, so one day I asked "so who's this bald guy with the pictures everywhere?" Everyone around got a worried look on their face and looked around to see if I was heard. Then they explained who he is.

These people seriously have a messed up way of "helping" people. While I was there, a guy wanted to leave. He just wanted to close out his account which had 200 bucks in it, and get dropped off at the bus station to go home. They gave him his 200 bucks, but dropped him off at a crack hotel instead. After I realized what was going on, I got on the phone and had a friend pick me up. I did some looking around online a learned more about scientology, and found that this entire rehab program is Scientology. It's basically a recruitment/brainwashing center. I'll leave it there for now, but if people are interested, I can post more of my experience with these people.

If you don't believe this stuff, Wikileaks has actually got a ton of their literature posted. Can find anything I've talked about in there.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If I wanted to learn about Jews, I would got to the Al Qaeda website to learn. Seems they would know the truth. It'd be dumb to try and learn it from the Jews themselves.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
If I wanted to learn about Jews, I would got to the Al Qaeda website to learn.

...or to a Neo-Nazi site, right? Puh-leeze, this is Reductio ad Hitlerum and a prime example of demagoguery.

So, was Xenu fabricated? By whom? If yes, who was the perpetrator of the volcano bombings?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join