It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientologists belive in a evil alien called Xenu

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I used to be a Scientologist, and I worked as a staff member at a Class V Org, which I guess is the basic church that can offer about all services. Now, I don't practice Scientology anymore, though I do agree with much of it still, as much of it is based on basic eastern philosophy.

I have found most of the media hype is not true or taken out of context. I think the Church of Scientology has many problems, mostly resulting with their current leadership and their usurpation of the original. But that's another story, though interesting.

Fact is, if you joined the Church, or just went on a study for yourself, you simply will not hear of any Xenu, because, even if it's mention is on an old L Ron tape, that's the only place you'll hear it, and you won't hear it officially, because the system of the Scienology is a gradient system, and if you haven't gone through the previous one's, you won't be ready for the higher ones.

Granted I was not in Scientology long, but I never heard this Xenu mentioned, and even if it does exist somewhere, it is not a focal point in the practice, and I suspect even long timers have not even heard it, unless from some other source, my point is, in Scientology, the idea of the Xenu story is really irrelavant. It's just not a part of the processes.

But even if it was their "diety" and the main theme, it still makes more sense than Christianity, and Islam. But one BIG difference in Sceintology, is it is a not a faith based belief, it's a system of gradient advances to higher states of awareness and ability, and no one tells you want to believe, in fact, staff members can get in trouble, or reprimanded, if you tell anyone what to believe, or interperate anything for them. It really is all based on you finding out for yourself.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

Tom,

the whole framework of Scientology, if I remember correctly, is based on a certain narrative, which at one point includes billions of beings kept and then killed here on planet Earth. Is that roughly correct?

If it is, then Xenu is a key figure in all that. Look, Devil is not the center figure in the Bible, but it is an integral part of religion. By same token, even if you try to downplay the importance of Xenu (because it's a laughable notion imho), that Xenu is still part and parcel of Scientology.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

That's part 1 of 4...tells you all you need to know in order to make up your mind. The entire thing is a money scam, and based on pseudo-science

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Whaddya expect from a science fiction writer? It sure sounds pretty science-fictiony.

I think he only changed it to a religion after he figured out he needed a tax break, it started out as just a regular cult using e-meters, and brainwashing techniques.

This is a stunning account from the inside of Scientology from before it was even a religion:

The Road to Xenu A narrative account of life in Scientology by Margery Wakefield

I found the story so gripping, that once I started reading it, I couldn't stop until I finished. I almost felt like I partly lived the experience vicariously through her descriptions, though I didn't waste that much of my life!

In addition to being a science fiction author, apparently Hubbard had a knowledge of brainwashing techniques described by Wakefield, I wonder how he acquired brainwashing skills?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I believe hubbard once said;

"The best way to get rich is to invent a religeon"

Anything written by this guy should not be taken seriously, and when you research into scientology you'll find it harms alot of people, those who are in it and their family.

Their "fair game" policy sickens me.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magicaltrevor91
And i thought the whole adam and eve stuff was the funniest excuse for mankind, and now you get this xenu character! Flew on space planes, nuked volcanos and 3d cinema for ghosts, you gotta be kidding me.

In my opinion the only person who has been able to hit the nail of the head and provide evidence reguarding where we came from is the one and only....

Charles Darwin!

Im even partial to believe these new theorys that propose that humanity was geneticly altered and created in a way by extraterrestrials somewhere down the line, but scientology? come on.

absolutely agree.

I tend to agree with genetic altering myself

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
A few quotes that fit this well:

The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions, is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble and that is what man needs to be, considering that human history is just a litany of getting # dead wrong.

Scientology ... "Oh, yeah, that's some crazy #. Okay." Jesus with the virgin birth and the dove and the snake who talked in the garden, that's cool. But the Scientologists, they're the crazy ones.

Pot meets kettle

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

This is new information for me...

But you apparently already know it's all a scam..... You need to read about "Operation Clambake".

It's very informative. The "church of scientology" once tried to get Google to block all links to Operation Clambake......, but to no avail.......

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
reply to post by tom502

Tom,

the whole framework of Scientology, if I remember correctly, is based on a certain narrative, which at one point includes billions of beings kept and then killed here on planet Earth. Is that roughly correct?

If it is, then Xenu is a key figure in all that. Look, Devil is not the center figure in the Bible, but it is an integral part of religion. By same token, even if you try to downplay the importance of Xenu (because it's a laughable notion imho), that Xenu is still part and parcel of Scientology.

No, it's not a part of it at all. There are many Scientology books available, and they never mention this. Scientology is not based on a fairy tale or story, it's very simple and the books explain it. It never mentions Xenu or any story.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Scientology is an odd phenomena to me. Very interesting, not ony it's system, but history. In it's essence, I think it's mostly true. A funny thing, one can say what they want about Scientology in the UK, but if they said these things about islam, they'd be arrested for hate speech.

I think the current "church" of Scientology is corrupt, after Hubbard died his leadership was usurped by Miscaviage and a pack of lawyers. Hubbards books and audio were edited and altered. I do not believe what passes as Scientology today, is what Hubbard's Scientology was. Hubbards second in command was Capt Bill Richardson who was thrown out by Miscaviage. CBR then started up Ron's Org as a separate group within the Scientology Freezone movement, that has separated itself from the corrupted "church". I think it's ronsorg.com and it has a very interesting history.

Most of what we see and hear is media hype and a biased hate against Scientology. The claims made against it can be made against many if not most alternative religions(and some traditional).

There are people who have a personality that leads them to be abused, you see this in all areas, employment, religion, social clubs, and Scientology has gotten these types, those that are easy to alow themselves, actually I think they willfully do it, to let themselves be bullied. Sad but true. And while some stories like that exist, in many areas, not everyone is like that. I was in Scientology and I was not abused, and left of my own accord.

Scientology is designed in a sense like the Lodge system, like Golden Dawn, OTO, with a gradient system based on certainty of attainment. This is the genius of the E-Meter. And it has a roll of affirmations that one reads clear on when attainment of each level is reached. It's really very well designed. I stress again, it's not a belief faith, it's a process one does.

Most everything negative I see is made by outsiders, which may contain aspects of truth, it is often contorted to fit their anti-scientology bias.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think too much hype is also used against Hubbard because he wrote some Science Fiction. Sure he did, but he also wrote westerns, mysteries, adventures. He did not just write SF, but many types of stories. But because he wrote some SF, the haters like to use this to try and say his religion is based on SF, and somehow him having written SF stories discredits his religion.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Welcome to the startling world of...well, at least ten years ago. We've known a huge amount of the 'OT' level information for quite a while, mainly from defectors. I believe even wikileaks published some of their classified documents.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
"Once upon a time ...."

You what? Sounds like a story!

Is this some kind of wind up / joke?

Surely they don't actually believe this cr*p do they lol?

Oh dear, beam me up and away from this mad World....!!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
"Once upon a time ...."

You what? Sounds like a story!

Is this some kind of wind up / joke?

Surely they don't actually believe this cr*p do they lol?

Oh dear, beam me up and away from this mad World....!!

That's what makes Scientology different, they don't "believe" anything. They know. But what they know, is what each individual comes to know, not what someone else may know. I remember when I was active in Scn and during a course at the org, I asked an instructor about something, and they cannot tell you, they cannot interperate for you, the whole shabang is about you coming to understand or know yourself, by yourself.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tom502

First of all: The E-Meter is complete hogwash and based on pseudo-science. If you analyze that thing scientifically, you realize that it does nothing but lure people into giving up their dearest secrets...which gives the church more power over you.

Secondly: Watch the following interview of a former long time member and you realize what complete NONSENSE this wanna-be religion is...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tom502

Oh man.....

I honestly can't believe that you're defending Scientology and trying to convince people that it is somehow a credible "religion" "belief system" or whatever...

It's a joke.

It was written by a (bad) science fiction writer.

Honestly man.

At least we're lucky to be living at the time we do.... we actually get a first hand look at how religions are started and how gullible morons get duped in to this sort of crap.

E-meter...... Thetans....

Honestly.

Grow up.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
When were you a member? I mean, I will just end up repeating myself. It's all from outsiders who were never even members of it, and likely those who never even read their books. Sure there are some ex-members, and like any group I am sure it has it's "bad events", but as a whole, it's not like that for most people. The E-Meter is used for reading certainty, it shows if there are occlusions, which mean the case is not completed. And Thetan is another word for soul. Watching the South Park episode does not make one an expert on Scientology. And I do defend Scientology, but not the current Church of Scientology. There is a big difference. Find me some ex-Freezone members who are detractors. I'd be interested to hear from them.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
When were you a member? I mean, I will just end up repeating myself. It's all from outsiders who were never even members of it, and likely those who never even read their books. Sure there are some ex-members, and like any group I am sure it has it's "bad events", but as a whole, it's not like that for most people. The E-Meter is used for reading certainty, it shows if there are occlusions, which mean the case is not completed. And Thetan is another word for soul. Watching the South Park episode does not make one an expert on Scientology. And I do defend Scientology, but not the current Church of Scientology. There is a big difference. Find me some ex-Freezone members who are detractors. I'd be interested to hear from them.

Actually, I got my stuff from a long time member...watch the video if you don't believe...

Scientology is complete hogwash! Hell, go to Wikileaks, or one of the other sources online (I'll link all Scientology documents here if you want the link...even the ones you claim you can't get) and see for yourself...

All Scientology Files

All files are over 4gb, so it's fairly complete...everything's there, even the "super secret" stuff you're only supposed to get after years of being a member. If you expect a revelation, you'll be disappointed, it's just more of the same hogwash...they just charge you more for it than at the lesser OT levels

edit on 1-2-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I think too much hype is also used against Hubbard because he wrote some Science Fiction. Sure he did, but he also wrote westerns, mysteries, adventures. He did not just write SF, but many types of stories. But because he wrote some SF, the haters like to use this to try and say his religion is based on SF, and somehow him having written SF stories discredits his religion.

he wrote fiction is that what your trying to say ?

"Scientology...is not a religion." - L. Ron Hubbard, CREATION OF HUMAN ABILITY, 1954, p. 251

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
reply to post by tom502

Tom,

No, it's not a part of it at all. There are many Scientology books available, and they never mention this. Scientology is not based on a fairy tale or story, it's very simple and the books explain it. It never mentions Xenu or any story.

So, you claim that the information on Xenu is a fabrication?

If so, please correct my understanding of Scientology. Where did thetans travel from, to planet Teagook (Earth), and for what reason? Who was setting the nuclear charges to inflict that terrible death on that 100 billion poor souls? OK, Xenu is innocent, mayby. Who dunnit?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join