It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientologists belive in a evil alien called Xenu

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by MrXYZ

Is there not 12 levels you have to get to before you become enlightened or some crap ?

I heard and read by ex scientologists, whom spent thousands, on the courses offerred b Scientology, and some of them had no clue wth XZENU was
, which to me was quite funny.
edit on 5-2-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

If you had spent thousands in fees to get there, would you ever admit it's a letdown and all crazy hogwash? That would make you look even sillier...and explains why there's so few coming out saying what a joke this all is.

If you really want to know how the COS works, or what it's based on...watch this Jason Beghe interview. It's long, but tells you everything you need to know

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I already have

In fact I watched alot of videos based on the Cult of Scientology, when They tried to censor the release on to you tube with regards to the crazy Tom Cruise Video. Have done research into the cult also. I find it bizzarre they are really quiet right now after all the venom between them and Anonymous Activists. They got owned, Scientology that is.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The "perverted material" he's talking about consists of OFFICIAL SCIENTOLOGY DOCUMENTS, I read them!! They're just so crazy, that he realizes there's no way he can defend this belief...so he rather attacks the guy asking the questions, even if they're an integral part of higher level OTs

Laughable...if it weren't destroying lives. It's an integral part of their belief because it's the one thing that explains the very basis of their belief. It's also based on Hubbard himself

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's no more "out there" than Christianity or Islam. Even if Xenu was on the main page of every book, Scientology still makes more sense than the Bible and Quran believers.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

That dude makes scientologists look cukoo, I swear.

In fact he looks more like the anti christ when he gets angry, now there is bull baiting for you

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
It's no more "out there" than Christianity or Islam. Even if Xenu was on the main page of every book, Scientology still makes more sense than the Bible and Quran believers.

It's pretty clear if you interpret them literally, they're all complete nonsense. But the COS is the worst by far because it robs people of their money and destroys friendships.

And like I said, the very basis for analysis, the e-meter, is nothing but a box with wires that does nothing as they claim. It's just a nonsense machine to make people confess their secrets...which the church then uses against you should you ever act up. Happened before, will happen again as long as there's gullible people

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Those evil scientologists. They look like SS Stormtroopers. I have to wonder how anyone can follow this crap?

edit on 1-31-2011 by groingrinder because: (no reason given)

The same way people follow crap like Christian Noah's ark or Adam and Eve, or Aboriginal Dreamtime creation myths, or Israeli promised land..if something is repeated often enough, in sufficiently large numbers, people will follow any old rubbish put in front of them and kill anyone who doesn't agree is basically the correct answer to your question.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have an affinity with Scientology. I accept it has become corrupted. The history of it's usurpation is very interesting. Even conspiratorial. Some say it was secretly taken over by the government, and altered, because the original Church was making too much head way in fields like remote viewing etc. I was not in Scientology very long at all, so I am not an expert by any means, but the basics it presented to me, were opening to my consciousness, because they introduced me to Eastern philosophy, which I was not aware before, so just for that, they have a soft spot in my mind. But I do continue to point out, I believe the current incarnation of the Church to me fully corrupted, and I do support the Freezone movement, though I am not active in any of it.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tom502

But the Xenu stuff hasn't been corrupted or made up by the new leadership, it comes directly from handwritten notes of Hubbard!! It's the very basis, and should therefore tell you what nonsense it is.

You might agree with some philosophies, but Scientology overall is hogwash...and not just the COS, the very basis of their belief is.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Tom502,the doctrins of scientology are directly taken from the bible,some smart alec who was a visual-spatial learner reverse extrapolated the book and re-wrote it using the most effective manipulations of emotion to retain power over others but for some odd reason they included some of the information they discovered after the reverse extrapolation was done.Some real hidden stuff ,think davincis code.

To be basic skim the crap off the top of the bible anything that allows manipulation of emotion or opinion and read what you have left over,when you are able to catch your breath and stand up and your anger subsides then get a copy of the koran or the india doctrine and do the same but this time when you are done u2u me ,I am curious what you will be feeling.

The remaining accurate true histories will all be the same and there will be a substantial amount of scientology stuff in there by proxy.Scientology is to new to be considered a heritage religon you need to go back further,I can show you through reverse extrapolation how hubbard got to his conclusions but you will have to form your own.

Just so you know I have a relative who was a founder of a religon bigger and more influential than scientology,but also not a heritage religon,I have extensive family history and experience with the dynamics of religous preaching and selling if you will,the key to learning the truth is to understand religous dynamics enough to understand how they work and then have the moral fortitude to not succumb to the human emotions that lure you into using the application of these dynamics for personal gain either directly to benefit yourself or indirectly through support of a gang or group that indirectly returns your support.

The age old question remains,what do you do with the information once you posess it?

Before the advent of the internet you wouldnt have really had much of a chance in your short lifetime to find any truth,but today it is all there,what will you do with it.

Remember that all the billions of copies of these religous doctrines exist on the planet it is impossible to eliminate them all,dont you find it cool that they might all tell the same story within their pages,a human history none of their advocates or believers ever knew was there,there just waiting for the right time and the right person to bring them all together.Really cool methinks.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

At what cost though? So those whom have come out of Scientology, whom have stated they basically paid all that money for the courses, to learn what, nothing, are all liars?

If there was a cut off point where you could decide for yourself weither or not to proceed with learning the Cults doctorine or thier Religious doctorine, without being hit with a big bill once you leave, then maybe there would not be so much criticism off Scientology.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The Scientologists have some good ideas regarding overpopulation on alien planets: pack the extraterrestrial criminals into interstellar aircraft shaped like DC-10s and deposit them into earth volcanoes
before dropping hydrogen bombs into the volcanoes
To me, that seems like overkill, but what do I know, I'm not an evil intergalactic overlord.

Here's my favorite thing to come out of this cluster-spazz of a belief system, the Fabulous Entourage's rendition of "The Way It Began" from an actual stage play, A Very Merry Unauthorized Children's Scientology Pageant:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by one4all

At what cost though? So those whom have come out of Scientology, whom have stated they basically paid all that money for the courses, to learn what, nothing, are all liars?

If there was a cut off point where you could decide for yourself weither or not to proceed with learning the Cults doctorine or thier Religious doctorine, without being hit with a big bill once you leave, then maybe there would not be so much criticism off Scientology.

There are basically two main groups of people who consider themselves to be Scientologists, the Church of Scientology and "Freezone." The Freezone practitioners do charge for their auditing sessions, they do still revere the schizophrenic psychopath L. Ron Hubbard, but there is no "religious cult" to join.

Scientology auditing is essentially a form of Freudian psychotherapy where the client is asked numerous questions designed to explore their past, their childhood, their fantasies and in particular their sexual behavoiur and erotic desires. This gives the auditor a great deal of power over the client, just a Catholic priest has over his confessionals, or a psychotherapist has over their patients.

There is certainly no question that many people find this kind of psychotherapy to be liberating, however with Scientology auditing, in addition to psychotherapy the Scientologists are essentially UFO cultists who believe in reincarnation and in spiritual possession; their auditing is thus essentially a form of "excorcism."

Since they are reincarnationists, they also attempt to explore a person's past lives, which since I do not personally believe in reincarnation, I assume are really just false memories and delusions. Further the Freudian view was that a common cause of psychosis was sexual represssion, whereas the Scientology view is that sexual functions are essentially degenerate, so the victim of Scientology auditing is essentially encouraged to repress sexual desires; thus guilt, fear and shame are reinforced regarding perfectly natural human desires, just as it is in the Catholic confessional.

Scientology is simply a promoter of what Nietzsche referred to as "slave morality (i.e., religious morality)" and what Crowley referred to as the "sins of restriction." It is a common religious strategy which produces a mind controlled slave who associates what is perfectly natural with fear, shame and guilt. Thus whether one joins the COS cult or whether one merely pays a Freezone auditor, one is paying to become a sexually "repressed" person who hopes that by repressing their desires they will advance to some higher level in their next incarnation; the Catholics are just as bad however, though at least they don't charge a fee for their confessionals.

Lux

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join