It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"UFO Over Temple Mount in Jerusalem" [discussion and analysis of multiple videos HERE]

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
sonic booms are not created by heat!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't know if this necessarily helps the arguments here one way or another, but having spent a great deal of time in Israel (specifically Jerusalem,) I believe I know exactly where this video was taken from.
There is a district in East Jerusalem called Abu Tor (which I think in Arabic translates as Father of the Ox or Bull)
which lies just south of the Old City (Temple Mount and all that). There is a promenade that runs along the southern stretch called the Sherover promenade, and from certain viewpoints you can see the old city in EXACTLY the same degree of angle and direction as you see this video/snap shot taken from.
I know the specific spot, and have personally sat there many times to enjoy the view.
I'm not sure how you post images on this site, so I will send you what I believe is the page to view the image.

i1.trekearth.com...

This is the view from the promenade, admittedly it's a little further back, but I recognised the landscape from the video immeidately. It's the Sherover promenade in Abu Tor district of Jerusalem. There must be some Israeli members on here/Jerusalem redients who can verify this or know people who might have cameras, video equipment in place in the surrounding area that might have also caught this incident?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
reply to post by spy66

please show me where you got the information on how fast its travelling, thats right you cant

By observing the video.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

im glad your not a scientist

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit

whos actually saying it broke the sound barrier your all just presuming

what I say is that if it was a plane or human machine, first of all it could NOT accelerate that way and speed up as fast as that " thing " did but it also would have made a sonic boom if it was human technology.
so it can not be a human machine.
Maybe it is an orb, an energy ball, or it is a ufo with non-human technology and who knows how they work

So a orb wouldn't have made a sonic boom if it had accelerated like this UFO did?

Care to explain that?

I DO NOT KNOW IT MAN, DO YOU ??
I just think that energy, a ball of energy or a orb if you like ( dematerialised something ok ? ) should not make a sonic boom because of NOT being matter ! it is MATTER ( planes ) that creates sonic booms, not energy fields.
what if ufos are like spirits ? dematerialised but that can be seen in certain circumstances.
Do I think too much out of the box ? Here on ATS lots of threads about spirits and ghosts ok, do you think they are made of MATTER ? do you think they can make a sonic boom ? NO.
But they exist and I really think ufos are in some way the same as ghosts that can be visible and moving.
Maybe, maybe not, you have the answer ?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

sonic booms are not created by heat!!

No but heat can be created by friction. By mass moving at great speeds through a atmosphere like ours.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
reply to post by spy66

There is sound.Just not so good with the guy in back..but check out the video of the guy who was in front.

Turn this up all the way and listen!
www.youtube.com...

The sound would be much louder if the UFO had broken the sound barrier. The pressure that would create would have shaken the ground and probably shattered all the glass in every building in that city.

No it wouldnt, the object is too small to produce a boom as loud as shattering every window in an entire city, and depending on its shape (true shape) you cannot determine what boom it would have created unless you could test it properly.

Well this UFO has a mass of some sort. And it took of and accelerated many times the speed of sound. We should have heard a loud Bang. Or a loud cracking sound from the mass pushing through air. The same sound as lightning makes.

A UFO, that is perhaps extraterrestrial in origin, would not experience the same effects as our aircraft do. If a craft is capable of interstellar travel, it would not be subject to experiencing sonic booms or even air resistance, otherwise, interstellar travel would be impossible. It would be the same as assuming they are using gasoline to travel light year distances.

If this UFO is within our atmosphere as a mass of some sort. That mass would make one hell of a bang going from stationary to what ever speed it accelerated to, through our atmosphere.

The UFO has to move through our atmosphere.

The UFO is a mass in motion passing through air. "different gasses" That would make a sound no matter what it is.

I understand all of that loud and clear, but I think what I am trying to say is being misunderstood by a few. Under the assumption that a craft is of extraterrestrial origin, our laws of physics that we know today would immediately be flawed. Given that our physics is not as advanced as extraterrestrials, it is fair to assume their craft would not experience the same forces that our craft do, such as sonic booms. By what we know now, or at least according to mainstream science, the G forces alone should rip the craft to shreds, or at least kill the crew. Physics and science are always changing as we find out more and will continue to do so.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

im glad your not a scientist

Well you wouldn't have know if i was anyways.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
it has been pretty thoroughly spread through the ufology community that the REAL ET UFOs (not UFOs made by earth-bound humans) act very massless within our atmosphere. It's called gravity shielding, and space/time shielding. imagine a bowling ball in between two taught sheets, the sheets being space/time and the ball being an area outside physical space/time dimension, yet seemingly traverses through space/time via some near-by dimension. If you're studying modern ufology and are still thinking about terrestrial speeds and gravity and thrusts and classical mechanics, you're barking up the wrong tree.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

yes it would create heat but not a sonic boom it still stands it would have to break the sound barrier therefore no sonic boom means it didnt break the sound barrier or alien tech may have a way round it either way you cant tell me how fast its going just by watching the video

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sorry, I couldn't go through all 17 pages. lol
After page 9, I had to skip ahead.
Mostly because i just found the (a?) second video.
Plus, there's soo many "experts" here its whacky.

This one is even better, even though shaky/wavy... lol
It does look like a shot taken at it, as seen in one of the nasa STS vids.
I dunno....

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by csimon

OMG, very interesting find.
Take a look at this:

www.abc4.com...

I don't know if someone else posted this, but when I was on coasttocoastam.com I noticed this "article" about the lights over Utah County. It shows the video taken by the guy from there, and it is the same thing as the video in THIS thread.
There are red lights, and then a white light that kind of looks like a flare?
Any connections here?
Or is it that Project Bluebeam I'm hearing about?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mjleonid12

already been posted my friend

link   

reply to post by spy66

There is sound.Just not so good with the guy in back..but check out the video of the guy who was in front.

www.youtube.com...

The sound would be much louder if the UFO had broken the sound barrier. The pressure that would create would have shaken the ground and probably shattered all the glass in every building in that city.

No it wouldnt, the object is too small to produce a boom as loud as shattering every window in an entire city, and depending on its shape (true shape) you cannot determine what boom it would have created unless you could test it properly.

Well this UFO has a mass of some sort. And it took of and accelerated many times the speed of sound. We should have heard a loud Bang. Or a loud cracking sound from the mass pushing through air. The same sound as lightning makes.

A UFO, that is perhaps extraterrestrial in origin, would not experience the same effects as our aircraft do. If a craft is capable of interstellar travel, it would not be subject to experiencing sonic booms or even air resistance, otherwise, interstellar travel would be impossible. It would be the same as assuming they are using gasoline to travel light year distances.

If this UFO is within our atmosphere as a mass of some sort. That mass would make one hell of a bang going from stationary to what ever speed it accelerated to, through our atmosphere.

The UFO is a mass in motion passing through air. "different gasses" That would make a sound no matter what it is.

Yes its a 'percieved' mass, but if this is an alien craft, you have no idea or comprehension on the machanics of it and how it travels. To assume that it will produce a sonic boom is rediculous because you simply do not know if it will, so your best just to not try to prove your point when you actually have no proof...human craft is not proof and neither is the laws of physics that you know of because if aliens have travelled here then i'm pretty damn sure they know more about the laws of physics than any one of us do...

And to the previous poster, the sound of thunder isnt caused by the speed of lightning, its caused by the immediate heating of the atmosphere because of the extreme temperature and the speed of that temperature change, the atmpsphere effectively explodes.

Well you just said it. So why didn't this thing make some noise?

Imagine the heat this thing would make going from stationary to X times the speed of sound in a instant.

And why do you speak of their technology as if you knew it?

I dont speak of their technology as if i know it, i am simply applying logic to the argument, the logic that is outside the box of what people think they know. Humans are so quick to think they know everything. Be open minded about the fact that if they can travel here from lightyears away, i'm pretty sure they figured out how to prevent a sonic boom...

I have no idea how they travel or what they use but it aint goin to be diesel or petrol. I'm sure they are far more sophisticated and have probably discovered far more laws of physics than we have, hence the reason they are here and we are not at their planet!

link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

It wouldn't emit a sonic boom because it must have a noise suppressor field that is activated right before they hit Mach 6. An artificial wall is created that bounces the sound boom back towards the ship, which is covered in a special sound absorbent metal that reprocesses the energy as fuel.

link   

reply to post by spy66

www.youtube.com...

I understand all of that loud and clear, but I think what I am trying to say is being misunderstood by a few. Under the assumption that a craft is of extraterrestrial origin, our laws of physics that we know today would immediately be flawed. Given that our physics is not as advanced as extraterrestrials, it is fair to assume their craft would not experience the same forces that our craft do, such as sonic booms. By what we know now, or at least according to mainstream science, the G forces alone should rip the craft to shreds, or at least kill the crew. Physics and science are always changing as we find out more and will continue to do so.

I agree that alien technology could create a flying object that could accelerate at this speed without being destroyed.

But it would still have to break the sound barrier when moving at this speed within our atmosphere. The UFO is within our atmosphere and is bound by its physical laws.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by White Locust

what are you on about????????

a sonic boom is created at mach1

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

yes it would create heat but not a sonic boom it still stands it would have to break the sound barrier therefore no sonic boom means it didnt break the sound barrier or alien tech may have a way round it either way you cant tell me how fast its going just by watching the video

this " thing " or unidentified flying object ( yes " unidentified !!! " UFO ... ) we speek about, is going up vertically and instantly at VERY VERY high speed, ever seen a plane going mach 1, look at some videos :
www.dailymotion.com...
well I think that thing goes more than mach 1 in a blink of the eye !!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

www.youtube.com...

I agree that alien technology could create a flying object that could accelerate at this speed without being destroyed.

But it would still have to break the sound barrier when moving at this speed within our atmosphere. The UFO is within our atmosphere and is bound by its physical laws.

My god...why is it hard for you to understand that it MAY NOT apply to alien technology? There could be a million ways that we humans have NOT discovered yet on how to avoid the creation of a sonic boom. Its just rediculous to keep saying that just because they are in our atmosphere, they must make a sound and because our primitive understanding of the universe and its laws means a sonic boom is a dead certainty...science changes daily, try to be a step ahead of it, atleast in your imagination!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

look im not here to debunk i believe this could be real however i dont want people to presume i want facts so prove to me its gone past mach1, i dont think you can

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join