It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does "Salvation" Really Mean?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

God is in no place and no time? When now and here are joined, it becomes nowhere. Nowhere is the only reality. There is no time, no past , no future. When this is truly seen, felt and known, salvation will be realized.
The serpent is no more than the tempting thoughts that arise, telling you that there must be more. 'I want more' is the disease, the serpent.
When it is seen that really, this is it, no more to be had, desire stops. Peace at last.
There is no where to go. Here is here always. Sin is a word used in archery, meaning missing the mark. The mark of the cross symbolizes the middle point.
The light appears now in this ever present moment.
God is always here. Unfortunately most humans are living their lives, there or then.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Vampires are the ones who live in the shadows, they are the living dead. They know not of the light, they only know (imagining ) the past and future and never see this precious now, present life. They use now as a way to make it better later, but there is no later. You can never become when it is seen that there is no time.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Salvation is the lever.. the dangling carrot that controls the thoughts and actions of those who accept without question... or fear to question. It's the post life insurance policy that allows the church to empty the pockets of the fearful living. I don't expect those suffering from spiritual Stockholm Syndrome to agree with me. Why would they right! The beauty of brainwashing is that the victim is not cognitive of such, thus everything seems perfectly normal to them, and they will fight tooth and nail to protect the very system that has enslaved their minds.

IRM

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
all the eschatological 'church' means by Salvation
is that ones immortal soul, (or essence/spirit), is not condemed into the all consuming fire
of the 2nd death.

~which is religious phrasing of the scientific reality, that some other highly evolved entities
have the power to transport (or transmit) an undesirable into a 'black hole' event horizon

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Salvation is the lever.. the dangling carrot that controls the thoughts and actions of those who accept without question... or fear to question. It's the post life insurance policy that allows the church to empty the pockets of the fearful living. I don't expect those suffering from spiritual Stockholm Syndrome to agree with me. Why would they right! The beauty of brainwashing is that the victim is not cognitive of such, thus everything seems perfectly normal to them, and they will fight tooth and nail to protect the very system that has enslaved their minds.
IRM

Thats an interesting perception of salvation my friend. If salvation is indeed a method for controlling thoughts and actions, it would appear that it has been used effectively on even yourself. Such is the power of the church which offers to provide it. Those within the circle blindly accept the methods of salvation dictated by the pontiffs, while those outside rebel against the methods seeing them as nothing more than a mechanism whereby their own free will is usurped. Interestingly, neither group receives the full benefit of salvation for both have closed their hearts off to the other.

Salvation is nothing but a word. It is nothing. The thoughts, feelings, understanding one loads into the word is what gives it power. If salvation has been loaded with such a nefarious meaning as you have described, then never let the word come between us. I will strike it from my vocabulary when together we meet.

We must have some words that carry the true feelings we are trying to express, one heart to another. There must be something by which we can meet eye to eye in mutual love and friendship. There must be something that will cause you to understand that our lives are mutually joined in sublime devotion to being, that what pains you pains me, and that if you allow it, I shall help carry your burdens as we journey through time together.

What word would that be my friend?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Words are necessary between people, for communication.

However, like everything else within the cooperative of men, no one can fully understand what is truly good and what isn't. We often need to see it with our eyes, to receive clarification.

I would like to share The Message From Water, offered by Masaru Emoto. Please, be sure to click on the enter button at the top right of the following site to view more pictures of water crystals exposed to different written, spoken and contemplated words.

www.adhikara.com...

The average human brain is 77 - 78% water.

faculty.washington.edu...

Sure made me think about what I should mostly allow in my thoughts and the words that expound from me to others. I think salvation is a good word, regardless of what another may think about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Soke33

Salve, to heal.

It doesn't mean "save" from condemnation, but to HEAL from sickness and disorder.

To heal a wound with salve, and since we're all wounded, we all need salvation. It's not a bad word but framing and context is everything.

Another misunderstood aspect of "Christianity", seems the list goes on.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Let me tell you a ver sad story that is entirely based on direct experience.

I have a Christian friend ...though he's a fundamentalist type and quite enjoys taking about God's wrath and how all of the unholy will be destroyed. Well he was in a car accident (driver died, but buddy was flatline, saved, coma, lost some organs, etc):

car accident

Well that buddy, in his near death experience went to hell. On his way towards heaven (he knew he was dead and out of his body) on his way up, got pulled into a demonic torture chamber were there were hundreds of thousands of multitudes of souls. He got raped by demons, tortured, thrown in a lake to drown, etc. Then remembered to pray and asked for Jesus and finally some Angels came and got him and put him back in his body.

AND HE THOUGHT FOR SURE THAT HE WAS SAVED!!!!!

Boy was that whole theory all wrong. After getting baptized, I underwent ego death, and a spiritual mystical rebirth. It was then that I knew for sure that I was rolling with God and would enter the heaven realms ...because I was being show the realms in meditations, in dreams, etc.

And then looking back on the rest of the church and asking around, I found that 99% of the others that I asked ...none of them went through what I went through. Even in the Bible it says that many who call them selves Christians and think they will be saved ....actually wont be and they'll be screwed.

Now this is 6-8 years ago and since then I have been shown my own soul, I have been shown the Path to Union with God (to experience what Jesus said he and the Father are One), I have been shown how to become like Christ and have Christhood .....and so forth.

So in this instance with your original post and now having read mine ...ask yourself again if merely believing, trusting, accepting, and going to church constitutes salvation ...when its plain to see that salvation revolves entirely around ego death and being Indwelled as a direct experience, by the Holy Spirit (there is a verse in the Bible that says that The Holy Spirit will directly teach you things with, things that no Man or words can teach) meaning direct experiences...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Soke33

Salve, to heal.

It doesn't mean "save" from condemnation, but to HEAL from sickness and disorder.

To heal a wound with salve, and since we're all wounded, we all need salvation. It's not a bad word but framing and context is everything.

Another misunderstood aspect of "Christianity", seems the list goes on.

The Truth in God’s Word is the salve, from a Christian perspective. Though people will oft times utilize the healing principles therein in error because of misunderstanding; those words are still spoken, written and contemplated. The salve is offered in abundance, but not all understand how to apply it or accept it.

However, I am a firm believer that His Word can’t return to Him void. That was my purpose in sharing the work of Marasu Emoto.

So shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. -Isaiah 55.11

Or, does your doubt stem from not believing that The Scriptures are the Word of God? If that be the case, I think that is your real problem with Christians. It’s not so much that we try to share principles we believe to be Truth; it’s that you don’t believe the principles in Scripture.

From a Christian perspective, all salve comes from a healing Lord, come to save. A spirit not healed is destined to die. True principles are just that, and I find those taught in His Word to be genuinely healing. I, too, see that many Christians do not understand what I believe I understand, but healing is a process for us all. Christians aren’t the only ones trying to learn the Truth.

One of your principles seems to be that constantly beating Christians is healing. That’s about as healing, as those misapplying His principles, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Soke33

Ahem, I'm a Christian.

I just don't agree with the unloving and ugly parts of what some Christians seem to believe ie: believe or be damned, stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
For me Know Thyself.The Kingdom of Heaven is within.....The truth will set You Free..Gotta Love the Man Jesus he sure knew the Truth!

eta....Be in the world BUT NOT of the world..
edit on 29-1-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Soke33

Ahem, I'm a Christian.

I just don't agree with the unloving and ugly parts of what some Christians seem to believe ie: believe or be damned, stuff like that.

Do you believe all of The Scriptures are true?

Revelation 20.11-15 teaches of the white throne judgment:

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

There are some who will be blotted out of the book of life. Psalsms 69 is a prayer relating to the true David, Israel's Redeemer (Psalms 22 is Christ as the sin offering; Psalms 40 as the whole burnt offering; and Psalms 69 as the trespass offering). Psalms 69 starts, "Save me, O God..." Verses 22-29 construct the imprecation (curse), and verse 28 asks for "them" to be blotted out of the book of life. There are some undeserving to be counted with those who are made righteous. Do you believe those shouting for the Crucifixion should be counted with the righteous, if what they did was from their heart and not just a sick or ignorant mind?

My belief is that this flesh life is a purification process, which will continue in spiritual bodies for a millennium (Revelation 20.6-7). All energy will be converted to positive (there will be no more sorrow or tears in the eternity). If a spirit intellect is so corrupt at its heart and cannot convert its energy to positive, God is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4.24). It is my belief that the negative spirit will be taken back unto God Himself (converting it to positive energy) and given new life. Truth be known, positive energy cannot die. Negative energy is that way because it is already on its way out.

There is a lot that God loves about us, even in all of our ignorance. He also rewards accordingly. In sharing, as a Christian, I want to exhort that message in a positive way, even to other Christians. I believe that is what pleases Him.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soke33
My belief is that this flesh life is a purification process, which will continue in spiritual bodies for a millennium (Revelation 20.6-7). All energy will be converted to positive (there will be no more sorrow or tears in the eternity). If a spirit intellect is so corrupt at its heart and cannot convert its energy to positive, God is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4.24). It is my belief that the negative spirit will be taken back unto God Himself (converting it to positive energy) and given new life. Truth be known, positive energy cannot die. Negative energy is that way because it is already on its way out.

There is a lot that God loves about us, even in all of our ignorance. He also rewards accordingly. In sharing, as a Christian, I want to exhort that message in a positive way, even to other Christians. I believe that is what pleases Him.

I am trying to understand your perspective a bit better my friend.

The spirit of Man is the Breath of God. Are you saying there is something impure in God that must be purified in this life?

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 29-1-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by

I can not, however, look beyond the "system" in which I exist as I've explained previously. Can you? If so then tell me where the exit is because I'm ready to go...

Narcissus needs to get out from his pond,because it is full of &*)^.
The "system" is your present creation in each
moment.

Exit

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

One flippant response coming right up:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d80abf555ab.gif[/atsimg]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

I am trying to understand your perspective a bit better my friend.

The spirit of Man is the Breath of God. Are you saying there is something impure in God that must be purified in this life?

With Love,

Your Brother

Another gentleman with a big heart on this site...how refreshing!

No, that is not what I am stating at all. The spirit was breathed into man, "and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2.7)

The living souls of men corrupt their own spirit.

For My people is foolish, they have not known Me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge. -Jeremiah 4.22

Satan was made perfect, and iniquity was found in him.

It's that old free will thing again.

Love back to you,

Sister Soke

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Salvation is short term for me.
Like right now my salvation would be to find more work to pay my rent that just went up.
I generally don't look at it in such a large way as to include my whole life.
I live day to day. And right now, I am financially shot.
HELP ME LORD GEEBUS CHRIST!!!!!
SEND MY LANDLORD A CHECK!!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by RRokkyy

One flippant response coming right up:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d80abf555ab.gif[/atsimg]
en.wikipedia.org...

Existentialism is just a contraction of energy in the
mind.
Narcissus prefers philosophy to sacrifice and love.
Philosophy is the hedge around his pond.
edit on 29-1-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Like right now my salvation would be to find more work to pay my rent that just went up.

Gee.

I wonder if He will answer that prayer.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Gee.

I wonder if He will answer that prayer.

Pretty fuggin cool if he did. I'd convert.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join