It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does "Salvation" Really Mean?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Sin is anything that falls short of perfection, that is it's definition. Sin cannot exist in things that do not have choice and cannot occur within those who do not understand the nature of their actions. The actions themselves are not sinful, it is the intent. Eve accepted the knowledge of good and evil, she chose to accept it, that was not the sin. The sin occurred the moment she knew the difference because then she knew her choices were not perfect.

Salvation is only needed by sinners, it does not mean that we no longer sin, it means that our sin is forgiven and not seen by God, that is the definition of grace. We cease being in bondage to sin, we do not become perfect. Paul addressed this specifically. He was asked if being saved meant that we could continue sinning, he said no, it was not an excuse for sin. If we are saved we will attempt to reject sin. It does not say that when we die we cease sinning, if you believe it does please tell me which verses you are relying on.

As evidence of what I have said I refer people to Paul. He was saved and referred to himself as the greatest sinner of all. Yet, at the same time he told the jews of his time that he had met all the laws. If he had not sinned by action then he had by thought. Because he knew what sin was he knew none of his choices were perfect. I believe our challenge is to accept that we are sinful, will remain sinful and can still grow to be better. The mystery schools believe we can become perfect and our own Gods, that is the essence of gnosticism.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Disobedience to Gods intent is falling into the knowledge of good and evil. It is to have no understanding of good or evil and to have no recall of it. It's principle is the same. Good (or evil) is not as pure as Gods intent. This way being with God gives you life. Otherwise you are included in a cycle of having to know good and evil and to live you life in it. In this cycle we die.

Being Gods results in you having life.

Is anybody figuring this out?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Quote: Sin cannot exist in things that do not have choice and cannot occur within those who do not understand the nature of their actions.
It is so strange that we do not see this in ourselves. Does anyone really know the nature of their actions? Or is it, that really, we can only question our actions after the event? We are driven. But by what?
Conditioning, programming, culture, upbringing, all this has made a construct (called mind) out of words, images and emotions. Like a machine, a robot, press this button, scan data, record, reproduce information. Just a repeater, a parrot.
However, this is not what you are!!
Salvation is when the word sin becomes null and void. It is all god. All of it, including you. One big lump with everything included. The beauty is, that here is everything and you will never see the same thing twice. Everything is included.
I do not rely on stories, when inquiring within, no other can lead me to the self. I am that i am.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just a quick addendum:

The other side of the coin is the "Parable of the Shepherd":

The Good Shepherd is revisited throughout the four Gospels in references to Jesus not letting himself lose any of his sheep.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Which begs the often asked question "Are all of us His sheep, or just some of us?".
edit on 2/15/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We are all children of God but there are sheep who got lost, which means there are those who follow Satan. Still we are Gods children.
edit on 2011/2/15 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join