It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Gripped By Anti-Government Riots; America Next?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Just so you know what has happened in eupore has no connections what is happening in the middle east, and what has happened in Egypt it seems the Muslim Brotherhood was behind it they even admitted.

From there English twitter version

MB rejects dictator's speech, vows to continue supporing demonstrations till regime change New

In there article it says the Muslim Brotherhood rejects dictator's speech, vows to continue supporing demonstrations till regime change

So i suppose ATS Users at least some of you are now supporting the Muslim Brotherhood?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Haha...seems you thought right. The way this guy put it was something like, "...when they'd normally be inside updating their FaceBook status." Crazy stuff.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well the live news earlier said that there is no particular group or person leading the rallies.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
If by chance, and I'm not saying that you are, only that you might be, you are trying to bring religion into this, all I want to say is this. The world has managed to leave religion out of this to a very great degree so far. How about we keep it that way?

In there article it says the Muslim Brotherhood rejects dictator's speech, vows to continue supporing demonstrations till regime change

So i suppose ATS Users at least some of you are now supporting the Muslim Brotherhood?

If by chance (and I'm not saying that you are, only that you might be) you are trying to bring religion into this, all I want to say is this. This is about the people of a nation giving their government notice. The world has managed to leave religion out of this to a very great degree so far, and that's a good thing. How about we keep it that way?

Don't Fear Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood
edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The only way I can see us Americans starting a revolution is if:
A] One first starts somewhere else in North/South America (ex-Mexico, Brazil), which will lead to a domino effect throughout the Americas.
B] Martial law is put into use.

Face it, most Americans need an incentive to act, whether it be following another citizens from another country's lead or if our government tries to enact a military state for no good reason.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Believe me, I think there are many people willing and ready to show the distaste in our mouths about what we have been fed for years. With the current state of the world, I do wish we could change our country to have politicians who would actually care... Is it possible?

I believe that if a revolution starts in the USA, it would start out peaceful – but eventually it would erupt into what we are seeing in the middle east.

Hillary and Obama asked for restraint on the violence for the government and people of Egypt – but lets ask ourselves – what would our current government do in a civil upheaval type of situation?

The security forces of the US are much more powerful than what you are watching in these other countries.
I can guarantee that there are measures of preservation written on what to do in case such aggression happens against the standing bodies of US government. We haven't even witnessed half the power of the technology our government is capable of unleashing upon us.

You think you would see a lot of dead people in North Korea if people stood up to their corrupt leadership? I can promise, the US would kill many more if it came down to the wire.

I think there are so many things this current government and PTB have hidden away, that they would rather have mutually assured destruction (MAD) than actually step down and let us see the truth.

I think deep down, a lot of people know that if some movement to remove the current powers from government and destroy the banking systems, the elitist corporations etc. the government would lash out and make anything that China or North Korea did to their people look like child's play.

All of these other countries revolting have a lot in common with us... massive job loss, prices of food beyond belief, housing prices out of reach, massive homelessness, corrupt government... etc.

I do have hope for us tho'

Peace,
Kroms33

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
'America Next?' wishful thinking that is. I think most Americans(yes including the ones on ATS) know that the citizens of the US lack any type of initiative to begin demanding anything for their government. The 60's and 70's were a long time ago, and within those decades existed a different kind person. Today the US nation has been dumbed down so successfully that they actually believe there still leading the world; that the world doesn't exist outside their boarders.

The US citizen has failed as a nation, and become mere tumble weeds waiting for extinction by their leaders. It's rather sad that the US government could(will) nuke half it's nation while blaming it on China, and the US citizens would(will) proudly wave their flags as they watched(watch) the missiles descend from the sky onto their heads.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

World Gripped By Anti-Government Riots; America Next?

www.infowars.com

The planet is in a never-ending cycle of anti-government revolt as riots that plagued Europe last year now spread like wildfire through the Middle East and beyond, threatening to accelerate bloody clashes and force the hand of authorities as the risk of a new Tiananmen Square-style massacre grows ever likelier. Is America next in line to experience unrest that has touched almost every corner of the globe?

(visit the link for the full news article)

All these riots are against the Government and/or Banksters.

Do the sheeple of the US have any reason to be angry with the Government or Banksters?
Is that a resounding NO, that I hear?, everything is running honky donkey so I'm told by the US mainstream media.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Seems to be working for Cairo. I can't help from thinking though that an uprising in the US will be a calculated event. Something smells fishy....

Egypt protests: America's secret backing for rebel leaders behind uprising

What better way to pull in UN troops into the US than to instigate a mass riot.... Why not publicize that the Unerwear Bomber was a US special operation on mainstream TV....LINK

It's food for thought. If the 911 consipracies are true, think about some of the reasons why the US would have sanctioned the event.
edit on 28-1-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

...bro, our rights are SLOWLY being taken away.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I don't see the American people banding together to do what other nations are doing. America is too diverse to come to any consensus to overthrow a goverment that would become tyrannical.

The reason that other nations carry out riots and coups is that the people don't have anything to live for in the first place and aren't afraid to die.

The thing about Americans is that while they don't have anything to live for, they're afraid of death so they assume to live like sheep.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
Most of our country is too fat, lazy, and busy watching Jersey Shore and listening to Justin Bieber to understand government oppression. Hopefully it happens soon though, we're long overdue

Says the fat lazy guy sitting in front of the computer TALKING about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
The President has a 55% approval rating. There needs to be a lot more discontent than that before you get major riots, I think.

1. Thats BS.

2. If its true, that means 55% of americans are idiots

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
The President has a 55% approval rating. There needs to be a lot more discontent than that before you get major riots, I think.

1. Thats BS.

2. If its true, that means 55% of americans are idiots

Classic Stockholm Syndrome:

* Hostages who develop Stockholm syndrome often view the perpetrator as giving life by simply not taking it. In this sense, the captor becomes the person in control of the captive’s basic needs for survival and the victim’s life itself.

* The hostage endures isolation from other people and has only the captor’s perspective available. Perpetrators routinely keep information about the outside world’s response to their actions from captives to keep them totally dependent.

* The hostage taker threatens to kill the victim and gives the perception of having the capability to do so. The captive judges it safer to align with the perpetrator, endure the hardship of captivity, and comply with the captor than to resist and face murder.

* The captive sees the perpetrator as showing some degree of kindness. Kindness serves as the cornerstone of Stockholm syndrome; the condition will not develop unless the captor exhibits it in some form toward the hostage. However, captives often misinterpret a lack of abuse as kindness and may develop feelings of appreciation for this perceived benevolence. If the captor is purely evil and abusive, the hostage will respond with hatred. But, if perpetrators show some kindness, victims will submerge the anger they feel in response to the terror and concentrate on the captors’ “good side” to protect themselves.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

Says the idiot who has no idea who he's even talking to. How insightful of you

But yeah a one man revolution sounds grand doesn't it? What are you expecting?
"Deny ignorance"

You should try it
edit on 29-1-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I dont know if america will be the next but check this article:

Are We Witnessing the Start of a Global Revolution?

link

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It only seems logical. Every other country had their share of anti-government riots, but as time goes the protest become more violent, so if you thought Kent State was bad during Vietnam era think again....

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I am all for change, but I will not participate in any riot. This is where TPTB can use any force with any excuse to remove you. I have kids to worry about. I will be damned if I put my own life on the line and leave my children at home with no father. There are other ways. Remember mass rioting is a good place for a "terrorist"(three letter agency) to park a u-haul. I have said it in other posts. Our gov't will not give up control. This is not Egypt or any other nation. We are a nation of greed. Greed trumps civilty in our system, our system called capitolism.$$$$$

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Think of the Middle Eastern domino theory...starting with Mubarak.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I just do not see a revolution with rioting in the streets happening here in the U.S. Since the '60s and '70s, there has been a steady, methodical campaign to create a complacent public. True non-conformity has been systematically discouraged while simultaneously, self-centered individualism has been encouraged. This results in a wide majority of citizens who eagerly fall in step with the majority, yet would be wholly uninterested in joining any movement or revolt that might threaten their own personal priorities or material desires.

In other words, you will have a very difficult time convincing "Kevin", the insurance salesman in Chicago, to leave his job, his wife, his children, his house in the suburbs, and that sweet 50" widescreen HD TV he just purchased last week, to join the revolution. And good luck convincing "Linda", the single mother of 2 in Poughkeepsie to join the rioting in the street downtown. I mean, she has an important meeting at work tomorrow morning, and besides, who's she going to get to babysit the kids at such short notice? Forget about talking "Becky" or "Jake" at PSU into joining up either. There's a big party tonight over at the Lambda Chi house and it is going to be totally off-the-hook! There is just no way they can miss it. Plus, Jake's parents are coming up for the football game this weekend, and Becky's got a research paper due on Wednesday for her Applied Behaviorial Science class and she hasn't even started it yet!

There may be a small section of society that would revolt and protest with riots, but it would consist of a meager group of people who would have to have the inclination, sufficient motivation, and a lack of any compelling responsibilities or committments.

I just do not believe the majority of U.S. citizens feel that strongly or deeply enough about any one idealogy or principle that they would get involved in a revolution that might risk them losing their lives, their families or their property. The only way you will ever see a large cross-section of the American public banding together to start, or even support, a physical revolt of any real consequence is if we were to get to a level where things were so bad that the majority of us had nothing to lose. Maybe if things were to deteriorate to numbers like 40% or more unemployment or we experienced some major disaster on a catastrophic scale that affected multiple systems of our infrastructure, but it would have to be dire circumstances indeed. And at that point, we would be more likely to see chaos and anarchy rather than organized revolt. We have a LONG way to go before we would ever reach that level of anguish or suffering.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join