It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The teachings of Christ are logically, intelligently, undeniably the Truth. Test it!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I have a "question" (for lack of another word to call it
about some of the ideas in the bible.

Why can Jesus perform miracles without being called a witch, which is condemned in the bible, but others are considered witches? Seeing as many of his miracles are the same as Bacchus' or Dionysus', such as water into wine, etc.

It does not seem to quite add up.

Thanks for hopefully replying, this has plagued me for some time now..

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
reply to post by IAMIAM

I have a "question" (for lack of another word to call it
about some of the ideas in the bible.

Why can Jesus perform miracles without being called a witch, which is condemned in the bible, but others are considered witches? Seeing as many of his miracles are the same as Bacchus' or Dionysus', such as water into wine, etc.

It does not seem to quite add up.

Thanks for hopefully replying, this has plagued me for some time now..

I do not believe Jesus performed any miracles, but that the miracles were nothing more than his teachings in action. The tales may have been exaggerated a little but they all have a perfectly reasonable explanation if you learn what Christ taught.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Alright then, I have a short statement to make and a question to ask.

Jesus of Nazareth is not the Christ, yet you say he is.

Do you know where Jesus got his teachings from? (Even though his life and teachings were recorded long after he was dead). I would like to hear your reply.

-Naeem

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by naeem11111
Alright then, I have a short statement to make and a question to ask.

Jesus of Nazareth is not the Christ, yet you say he is.

Do you know where Jesus got his teachings from? (Even though his life and teachings were recorded long after he was dead). I would like to hear your reply.

-Naeem

I do not care if the teachings of Christ can be proven to be teachings of Satan himself. The name of the teacher is not important. The lessons are what are important. His lessons, or someone else's, are true.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM The lessons are what are important.

Indeed, yet many have failed to learn and prefer the illusion, and do the complete opposite. I have just noticed you signature.

Jesus died for US because we were unwilling to die for HIM.

Jesus didn't die for us, he brought his own destruction, thats what happens when you are challenging Rome and creating your little "plot." No one asked him to die for us and if the five kings weren't present he would have reacted differently at his cruxifiction.

Gandhi showed the power of peaceful resistance.

He was sent to quell the rebellion in India with a pro-peace movement so the British could regain control as the uprisings began. The Indians, were pacified with Mahatmas pro-peace teachings, until England could regain strength from spreading itself too thin in its hasty plans for complete world domination.

edit on 18/2/2011 by naeem11111 because: finishing sentence

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You are correct. Love God with all you heart and you neighbor as yourself, what could anyone argue about except to be selfish and self-centered? They cannot argue over God and then insist upon being selfish. Keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by naeem11111

Jesus didn't die for us, he brought his own destruction, thats what happens when you are challenging Rome and creating your little "plot." No one asked him to die for us and if the five kings weren't present he would have reacted differently at his cruxifiction.

He died for 'challenging Rome'?? That's interesting, Pontious Pilate didn't find any fault with Jesus.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I do not believe Jesus performed any miracles, but that the miracles were nothing more than his teachings in action. The tales may have been exaggerated a little but they all have a perfectly reasonable explanation if you learn what Christ taught.

Absurd a hostile source, the Talmud, likewise records Jesus's miracles as well but attributes them to Him being a crafty "magician" rather than the Son of God.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

He died for 'challenging Rome'?? That's interesting, Pontious Pilate didn't find any fault with Jesus.

Pontius Pilate was NOT Rome, Caesar was. Did the Pharasees say Christ was an enemy of Caesar or not?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Absurd a hostile source, the Talmud, likewise records Jesus's miracles as well but attributes them to Him being a crafty "magician" rather than the Son of God.

Where you there? Did you see the miracles?

Whether he performed miracles or not his message was true. Furthermore, stage magicians have already replicated the "Miracles" of Christ, yet NO ONE has replicated his message, that we are all Children of God. That was his greatest miracle.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

yet NO ONE has replicated his message, that we are all Children of God.

That was NOT the message of Christ. In fact, He said the opposite, some people, the majority actually, are the sons of someone ELSE. In Genesis God says He will put enmity between the seed of the woman, AND "the seed of the serpent."

"Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." ~ John 8:44

My point was that a non-Christian historical source also records Jesus's miracle working, but never attribute it to Him being God's Son, but by Him being a crafty "magician."

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That was NOT the message of Christ. In fact, He said the opposite, some people, the majority actually, are the sons of someone ELSE. In Genesis God says He will put enmity between the seed of the woman, AND "the seed of the serpent."

"Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." ~ John 8:44

This is what happens when you quote out of context. You can make anything say anything you want. Let's look at the WHOLE passage.

31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

If you hold his teachings, you are his disciple. His teachings are to love one another, everyone.

33 They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”

34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know that you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word. 38 I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father.”

What is Sin? To transgress against God's will. What is God's will? To love him with all your being, and your neighbor as yourself.

39 “Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would[c] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.”

What did Abraham do? He did not kill.

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me.

Yes, we are all sent by God and should love one another.

43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

They would not see Jesus as a Son of God. They would not open their eyes. They were decieved into ignoring God's will and instead desiring to murder him. THAT is why he said they were the children of the devil. Because they would not see that he was the Son of God just as they were. Because he taught something they disagreed with.

45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

Another plea for them to listen to the voice of God within them. Instead, they were blinded by their own bias, judgement, and hate.

Now when I tell the truth do you believe me?

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 20-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

When he was welcomed as a King into Jerusalem.

"And on the next day, a great multitude that was come to the festival day, when they had heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, "Hosanna, blessed be the king of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord, peace in heaven and glory on high."

There can be no doubt that Jesus was being treated as a legitimate king, the true Messiah. This was a direct challenge to Rome, for only the Emperor could appoint kings. It was an act of high treason against Rome, warranting the death penalty.

-Naeem

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

It what you say were true then why didn't Pilate find any fault with Jesus?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The teachings of Christ are logically, intelligently, undeniably the Truth

The true teachings of Christ demonstrate pure and unconditional love in it's perfect form.
The teachings demonstrate unconditional forgiveness, unconditional charity and the way mankind should be treating each other.

I think this thread is one of the best threads on ATS and what IAMIAM (IS) sharing here is TRUE.

People should recognize what unconditional love and forgiveness IS and truly represents.

Judge nobody and love everyone-1 unconditionally.

Helping and assisting all who are in need, all people that we clearly see are in need and LOVE everyone equally with perfect and unconditional love and respect.

Unconditional Love is always about sharing, caring and helping others, in other words service to others in Love.

People should recognize that the Teachings of Christ demonstrate a perfect example of unconditional Love and Forgiveness even unto giving everything a person has including their own life for another if necessary out of unconditional and pure LOVE.

IAMIAM has the Good spirit in him and is doing a very Good thing in taking the amount of time and effort that he does to bring Light to others. I commend him for starting this thread and I hope that others see the Light and Truth in the life examples and teachings of Christ whether they believe his life to be real or not. It seems that many love to focus on the title of a character rather than the message, teachings, information and examples.

Unconditional Love in it's perfect and purest form IS the path, light and the way!

Learn to discern what unconditional Love truly represents and IS, it's about giving, caring, sharing, forgiveness, loving thy neighbor as thy self and even those who seek to destroy and harm you.

Everyone-1 should be treated as Family, for we are all Family in Spirit.

LOVE ALL and Judge nobody as IAMIAM puts it well, but give extra Love and even guidance and assistance to those who you feel need it more and do so unconditionally and always with a Loving Good spirit.

Have more kindness, charity, tolerance, patience and be more sensitive and respectful to other people's feelings.

Thanks again IAMIAM for this Good spirited thread.

Love & Best Wishes!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It what you say were true then why didn't Pilate find any fault with Jesus?

I did not want to see you left hanging for too long without an answer, so here is Pilate's precarious predicament.

He did not find any fault in Jesus and he would have ignored the charges against Christ if not for the insisting of the Pharasees. When he told them he found no fault in Christ, the Pharasees pointed out that Christ was an enemy of Caesars by claiming to be king. If Pilate did not act, the Pharasees could have taken the matter directly to Caesar himself. In which case Pilate would have some answering to do.

Pilate still tried to get out of it by giving the Pharasees a choice over having Jesus crucified or Barnabas who was already in custody for murder. Pilate thought for sure this would end the matter for who would choose to have a murderer free over an innocent man?

Wrong ! The Pharasees still insisted on Christ's crucifixion and chose to have Barnabas set free. So, Pilate symbolically washed his hands of the situation, and ordered Christ's crucifixion.

Such was the hatred of the Pharasees to anyone who claimed they were the Son of God and taught a doctrine which revoked their power over the masses.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ET_MAN
Thanks again IAMIAM for this Good spirited thread.

Love & Best Wishes!

I appreciate that you are enjoying the discussion my friend, but I cannot take credit for work that belongs to Christ. The words here are his, and the work represented are his. Thank Christ, thank the heavenly father, but do not thank me.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
@ IAMIAM, I'm curious, do you have any teachings you don't agree with in the bible?

Like, for example, the whole being gay issue, where you go to hell, etc?

By the way, Im genuinely curious, not trying to mock

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
@ IAMIAM, I'm curious, do you have any teachings you don't agree with in the bible?

Like, for example, the whole being gay issue, where you go to hell, etc?

By the way, Im genuinely curious, not trying to mock

It is a good question my friend.

I say this quite often, but I may need to put it into my signature, I am not a Christian.

I am very simply a follower of Christ. When I defend Christ, I only defend exactly what is attributed to having come out of his mouth only. I do not vouch for the Old Testament, though there is some truth in there, particularly the Psalms. I do not worry about books like Corinthians which are written by Paul who never met Christ.

I listen to the words of Christ and Christ alone.

Heaven is right here in front of us. We do not see it because WE have turned it into hell with our system of iniquities.

There are a lot of false doctrine attributed to Christ. The Catholic Church did Christ no favors in how they distorted his teachings. He did warn this would happen though.

Here is what I think of the Homosexual issue:

Link

Page 3 I think.

Anyway, great question my friend. I do not claim everything in the Bible is true. I claim what Christ taught directly to his disciples IS Truth.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well I have a simple line of thought for the OP...

I can prove Jesus was sinner...

can you disprove that he was not a sinner

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join