It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The teachings of Christ are logically, intelligently, undeniably the Truth. Test it!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by naeem11111

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

Why is he telling those who have no weapons to get one by selling their clothes? (must be an important job if you have to sell your clothes)

This is what happens when people quote out of context. Here is the full text:

35And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. 37For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. 38And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough. 39And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him. 40And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. 41And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, 42Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. 43And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. 44And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground. 45And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow, 46And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.

He is telling them that when he is gone, they will not do what he told them to do anyway, so go ahead and do what you are going to do. He was excusing them before they did the inevitable. Notice he told them to pray his last night on earth, and instead they slept.

Christ knew even his disciples were weak and unable to do what he had asked them. Thus, he assured them he was not judging them.

Keep his quotes in context and you will understand them

Even today very few of Christ's followers are actually able to do what he commanded they do. Well, even so, they will be forgiven.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

My friend, first of all, only in this 'prison' does time 'exist.' Outside their is no beginning or ending just a loop, the symbol for infinity.

I am sorry you see it as a prison my friend. To me, it is the glorious Kingdom of Heaven, and I am as free as one can get to explore it.

You could be to.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You have escaped the 'prison.' Really, how? By reaching enlightenment? Huh, if you have escaped then you won't be here on this planet. People think they are free, but still stuck in the human-mind system.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You have escaped the 'prison.' Really, how? By reaching enlightenment? Huh, if you have escaped then you won't be here on this planet. People think they are free, but still stuck in the human-mind system.

Stop living for this world, and you will escape it. Be not afraid to die, but live to be free. Do what Christ taught, love one another, judge none.

You are a child of God and so is everyone else. Treat them like they are, act like you are, and be free.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

For what it is worth, keep going brother and be gentle on them.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join