It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The teachings of Christ are logically, intelligently, undeniably the Truth. Test it!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Greetings my friends,

The purpose of this thread is to test the veracity of the teachings of Jesus Christ. This thread is NOT to debate whether Jesus actually existed, whether there is a God or not, whether Christianity is better than any other faith, nor to discuss the end times. All we are focusing in this thread are the plain simple teachings attributed to the Jesus Christ himself. It does not matter for this debate whether or not Christ existed, for the teachings are there even if the actual word smith went by another name.

There are many sects of Christianity which each have their own interpretation of scripture. What I offer is to provide my own understanding of the scripture that makes logical sense. I am not a Christian by the traditional standard. I view Christ as a teacher and a Brother, as we all are to each other.

Rather than stand on a soap box and hand pick the scripture that best suits my agenda, I invite any person who wishes to participate in this discussion to provide the scripture they feel is untrue. I will then explain the metaphor in plain language and you will be free to make your own determination based on my explanation.

It is fine to disagree, however should you disagree, I ask that you be able to provide an alternative explanation which illustrates your point of view as more logical and intelligent.

For consistency in the discussion, please use only the King James Version of the New Testament as your reference. This isn't to say this version is more correct than any other, but simply that it is the one I am most familiar with.

Any takers?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
All genuine truth seekers wind up accepting the bible as truth. The 7 fold mathematical structure that runs from Matthew to Acts is impossible to recreate without super computers. Good luck to you though, plenty of ill informed atheistic government worshippers on ATS, very few believers.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

I prefer the satanic bible myself. Since that and the king james are equally full of crap
But hey, thats my opinion, right? Oh holier than thou, lol.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Ah, but the teachings of Christ are not the creepy stuff that ruins modern "christianity."

I have met very few christians who seem in any way Christ-like in their behavior.

Of course, the people I know who seem to most behave in a way that is consistent with the teachings of Christ tend to be Buddhists and Pagans.

Is there a sect out there that takes only direct quotes from Jesus as their scripture and dismisses anything not directly from his mouth?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Whoops
edit on 25-1-2011 by RobertAntonWeishaupt because: Double post

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ossminid
I prefer the satanic bible myself. Since that and the king james are equally full of crap

Stay on topic my friend. If you think the teachings of Christ are crap, prove your point. What teaching of Christ do you feel is untrue?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by ossminid

Stay on topic my friend. If you think the teachings of Christ are crap, prove your point. What teaching of Christ do you feel is untrue?

With Love,

Your Brother

Care to provide us with some of this logically, undeniable proof, then?
edit on 25-1-2011 by laterallateral because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt
Ah, but the teachings of Christ are not the creepy stuff that ruins modern "christianity."

I have met very few christians who seem in any way Christ-like in their behavior.

Of course, the people I know who seem to most behave in a way that is consistent with the teachings of Christ tend to be Buddhists and Pagans.

Is there a sect out there that takes only direct quotes from Jesus as their scripture and dismisses anything not directly from his mouth?

Generalities are not the purpose of this thread my friend. Would you deny that Mother Theresa was Christ like in her devotion to mankind?

We stray off course though. This thread is intended for those who believe his teachings to be untrue to be heard and for them to learn. It is not a place to judge anyone. That would be contradictory to his teachings.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by laterallateral
Care to provide us with some of this logically, undeniable proof, then?
edit on 25-1-2011 by laterallateral because: (no reason given)

This isn't a sermon my friend. You did not read the original post fully. If you dispute that his teachings are true, tell me which of his teachings you find untrue, quote the scripture, and I will explain it logically.

Then if you still see it as untrue, explain why you feel it is untrue.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Generalities are not the purpose of this thread my friend. Would you deny that Mother Theresa was Christ like in her devotion to mankind?

We stray off course though. This thread is intended for those who believe his teachings to be untrue to be heard and for them to learn. It is not a place to judge anyone. That would be contradictory to his teachings.

With Love,

Your Brother

Oh come on! Really? I refer to the zealots of the world galavanting under the false banner of christianity (I'm thinking the Westboro Baptist swine, the pedophilic catholic church, the abortion clinic bombers, the mega-church egoists who ignore Christ's teachings on humility etc) and you try to turn it around as if I was calling out Mother Frickin' Teresa? And you willfully ignore my honest question about whether or not there is a sect that tries to adhere only to the quoted words of Christ.

You've set the tone for your ridiculous thread quite nicely. Have fun handpicking your strawmen.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Logical?
Whats logical in good people dieing and bad people living. What logical is in many unhealthy born child and many healthy and wealthy born child? Arent we all equal? then how come GOD alows this? If you give me a logical answer then it isnt. Simple as that. (the most logical answer i can give is Reincarnation)

I believe once the Bible was a real book full of good stuff mainly coming from aliens or angels or how ever you want to call them, but then... it got EDITED, stuff got deleted out, added, etc. And no you cant prove me im wrong by showing me the dead sea scrolls, it isnt the whole Bible and it isnt the original one... and even that got stuff in it that isnt in the Bible which is already a proof of human editing. I cant prove it either, but its more logical to think that religion got edited to manipulate population.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Though since you bring up Teresa, I can't help but think that a woman who goes to a third world country blighted by overpopulation, starvation, poverty and deprivation and actively denies and preaches against methods of birth control is, at the very least, a morally ambiguous character.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Oh come on! Really? I refer to the zealots of the world galavanting under the false banner of christianity (I'm thinking the Westboro Baptist swine, the pedophilic catholic church, the abortion clinic bombers, the mega-church egoists who ignore Christ's teachings on humility etc) and you try to turn it around as if I was calling out Mother Frickin' Teresa? And you willfully ignore my honest question about whether or not there is a sect that tries to adhere only to the quoted words of Christ.

You've set the tone for your ridiculous thread quite nicely. Have fun handpicking your strawmen.

The purpose of the thread is not to cast judgement at anyone. There are plenty of (insert label here) who do not follow the teachings of their Masters. That is a topic for a whole 'nother thread. In fact, there are numerous threads already in existence which do this. This thread is not one of those. Your point is off topic and a diversion. If you would like to start a thread on judging each other, feel free to do so. That is contrary to Christ's teachings and does not belong here.

Is there a sect who adheres to Christs teachings? No.

It is the responsibility of the individual to adhere to Christs teachings. The whole world is the sect to one who understands Christs teachings.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I appreciate what you are doing in this thread. S&F.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
OK I will try to second guess what the educated skeptics might spew out:

1. Why do the genealogies of Jesus not match? That is a relevant question and on topic because it establishes who the teacher is.

2. Walking on water, what's the teaching about there?

3. Driving out the money exchangers by using force. What's the teaching here? That we should use force?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarBoy
Logical?
Whats logical in good people dieing and bad people living. What logical is in many unhealthy born child and many healthy and wealthy born child? Arent we all equal? then how come GOD alows this? If you give me a logical answer then it isnt. Simple as that. (the most logical answer i can give is Reincarnation)

Good people do not die and bad people do not live. All people live and then die.

Do you have a teaching of Christ that you feel is untrue?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

edit on 25-1-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: I completely missed the point of this thread

link   
What does it matter if it is the teachings of christ, or the precepts of some "pagan" (by christian standards) religion?
If Beelzebub were to stand on the mount and proclaim "Love thy neighbor, give to the poor, feed the hungry" would that make his entire stance true? Christ isn't the only "person" to ever make these proclamations. Why would anyone ever say that it's wrong to have a high moral standing? If proclamation of something you know to be true is all it takes for you to follow the proclaimer - why aren't you worshipping the "Care Bears"? They too teach love, kindness, generosity, and sharing. The things christ said were repeats of what had been said in earlier religions. What of them? Proof? Try google. If I have to post the links for you to click on, you might as well invite me over for coffee so I can read them to you as well.

link   
I too appreciate what you are trying to do here with this thread.

Fortunately (or unfortunately?) I don't have many arguments with the words which were purported to come directly from Jesus mouth, and I believe there is much wisdom there.

Now -- the rest of the book and everyone else in it or associated with it? Not so much, but as I have said before -- YMMV.

Since I have no bone to pick with Christ, I'll simply share my (current) favorite direct quote from him, which is:

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

I don't know that it can be "proved" using inductive or deductive logic and reasoning, but I have found it to be absolutely true in my own life.

We are all the brothers and sisters of "god."
edit on 25-1-2011 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is actually a brilliant thread and I bet you won't find too many takers.
Only Bashers.
Non-believers will try their hardest to dis-prove anything He taught.
But to me, all His lessons are morally sound and extremely good hearted.
My opinion, of course.

The problem lies in your original post.
Too many people will try to relay their questions with religions and not Jesus himself.
To me, religion is manmade...faith is supernatural.

But I think you've inspired me to read some more teachings.
Because in all honesty I will not doubt Him or His word.

Great thread, I will be watching the fires being lit...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join