It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The teachings of Christ are logically, intelligently, undeniably the Truth. Test it!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
Matthew 10:34 - "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword." - Jesus

The sword is symbolic of truth which is why it comes from his mouth in revelations. The truth does not bring peace at first, it brings anger and resentment. This isn't Christs fault. People have made a lot of judgements against their Brothers and Sisters, many in his name. Christ taught to not judge for a reason.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Keep looking, there is no way you can find consistency within the book you are speaking of.

If you have, then it surely you have reached a limit...

I for one do not see anyone living in any sort of a Jesus Christ like manner...and certainly noone has exhibited faith the size of a mustard seed.

I am going to begin reading the book by Self-Realization Fellowship titled "The Second Coming of Christ".

It sure will be interesting to see yet ANOTHER translation of all Jesus words.

When will i see anyone who believes the bible to be true actually doing any of the miracles that were stated could be done...i will tell you when...when the bible itself is thrown out and people actually just DO IT.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abovo
Greetings IAMIAM,

My question is not to denigrate but to edify and in this, if you will, could you explain if Jesus of Nazareth actually raised Lazarus from the dead or if this is a symbolism which contains a deeper truth? I truthfully do not believe it. In fact, if such an event occurred then i can not possibly see how Christ was not recognized for who he claimed to represent...

Thank you.

I believe that tale is a myth. I do not believe Christ raised the dead but rather taught the simple truth of loving one another. I believe the miracles are embellishments written into his story to get more people to accept them. The greatest miracle, and the truest, is yet to come. That miracle is when everyone understands the simple truths are the greatest. We all are at fault for the world we have created. To overcome these faults we must learn to forgive one another, not judge one another, and love one another like the children of God that we are.

I could be wrong in my belief, but even if I am proven wrong and Christ raises another man in front of my eyes, that deed will still not be as great as loving every member of the human race.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
When will i see anyone who believes the bible to be true actually doing any of the miracles that were stated could be done...i will tell you when...when the bible itself is thrown out and people actually just DO IT.

I cannot find anything that I disagree with in this statement my friend. Well said.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by Abovo
Greetings IAMIAM,

My question is not to denigrate but to edify and in this, if you will, could you explain if Jesus of Nazareth actually raised Lazarus from the dead or if this is a symbolism which contains a deeper truth? I truthfully do not believe it. In fact, if such an event occurred then i can not possibly see how Christ was not recognized for who he claimed to represent...

Thank you.

I believe that tale is a myth. I do not believe Christ raised the dead but rather taught the simple truth of loving one another. I believe the miracles are embellishments written into his story to get more people to accept them. The greatest miracle, and the truest, is yet to come. That miracle is when everyone understands the simple truths are the greatest. We all are at fault for the world we have created. To overcome these faults we must learn to forgive one another, not judge one another, and love one another like the children of God that we are.

I could be wrong in my belief, but even if I am proven wrong and Christ raises another man in front of my eyes, that deed will still not be as great as loving every member of the human race.

With Love,

Your Brother

My findings as well.

Peace

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
Matthew 10:34 - "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword." - Jesus

The sword is symbolic of truth which is why it comes from his mouth in revelations. The truth does not bring peace at first, it brings anger and resentment. This isn't Christs fault. People have made a lot of judgements against their Brothers and Sisters, many in his name. Christ taught to not judge for a reason.

With Love,

Your Brother

nothing personal, but this is my basic problem.
personally, i refuse to alter jesus' words into meanings that are only opinion and no more.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I believe, I have both around here somewhere. I love the Q (Teachings of Jesus). I have read the bible and love to read anything that I can find on biblical matters. The dead sea scrolls are very interesting as well. Thank you for clarifying that.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
nothing personal, but this is my basic problem.
personally, i refuse to alter jesus' words into meanings that are only opinion and no more.

That is fair my friend. You are certainly entitled to your own interpretation.

Could you explain how you resolve the contradiction between Christs living testimony, his parables, and his commandments to love God and one another, and why he would not allow his followers to fight in his defense if he truly meant that he was bringing a sword of war?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt
Though since you bring up Teresa, I can't help but think that a woman who goes to a third world country blighted by overpopulation, starvation, poverty and deprivation and actively denies and preaches against methods of birth control is, at the very least, a morally ambiguous character.

so you would rather forcefully sterilize people because you say they can't support and feed their kids. isn't it more wholesome and noble to help them with knowledge, experience and help so they can better support their kids and ease their sufferings instead of treating them like cattle and farm animals.

i can see you have an illuminati outlook on the human race. you prefer the negative action instead of the more positive one. people like you are the ones that cause the starvation, poverty and deprivation that you speak of.
instead of being part of the problem, start trying to be part of the solution.
edit on 25-1-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Dear IamIam,

As a Christian my answer can only be that what he taught is true. Having said that remember that many cannot see until the scales are removed from their eyes. We live in a world where lies are more cherished than the truth. I do believe we should have an answer for those who ask us why we believe and it should be a good answer. We are not here to prove anything to others, we are here to provide an answer.

Your question is a good one; but, do not forget that if you asked the same question about Buddha you could get the same answer. God reveals himself as we grow, people cannot understand Jesus' answers until they are ready to. Be well.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

What, I have to prove my opinion? Besides, I didn't say the teachings of christ, I said the king james bible. Maybe you should consult with a priest to see if you are alright arguing the word of god. You know, because they're the only ones pure enough to talk to god. You're just a dirty, original sinner. So as far as I'm concerned you aren't qualified to speak on god. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

For consistency in the discussion, please use only the King James Version of the New Testament as your reference. This isn't to say this version is more correct than any other, but simply that it is the one I am most familiar with.

Oh, don't beat around the bush, of course the King James Bible is heads and shoulders above the rest of the rift raft bibles out there! And your not the only one "most familiar" with the Holy King James Bible, it is the best selling book of all time, in any country, in any year. Also, its completely inspired by God, from its chapter and number headings, to its italicized words, right down to the 1769 edition of the 1611 Bible we use today after correct grammar was established. Don't let and fool college teacher or book publishing company con you into believing differently.

Anyway, good day!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ossminid
What, I have to prove my opinion? Besides, I didn't say the teachings of christ, I said the king james bible. Maybe you should consult with a priest to see if you are alright arguing the word of god. You know, because they're the only ones pure enough to talk to god. You're just a dirty, original sinner. So as far as I'm concerned you aren't qualified to speak on god. Sorry.

I did not ask you to prove your opinion my friend. I merely asked how you rectified the contradiction. This is how a conversation works. If you do not understand another's point of view, you ask questions to gain clarity. No where did I argue the word of God. Words are creations of man that they use to convey thoughts. Words can represent multiple meanings, they do in fact. So, I was trying to understand your position better. If you do not wish to be understood, that is your choice. It does make one wonder why you would join a conversation though.

As far as being qualified to speak on God, I assure that as one of his created children I have every right to speak on him, just as you do. If it is your belief that only priests can do so, then go find one to talk to. You came here of your own free will.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 25-1-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by IAMIAM

Dear IamIam,

As a Christian my answer can only be that what he taught is true. Having said that remember that many cannot see until the scales are removed from their eyes. We live in a world where lies are more cherished than the truth. I do believe we should have an answer for those who ask us why we believe and it should be a good answer. We are not here to prove anything to others, we are here to provide an answer.

Your question is a good one; but, do not forget that if you asked the same question about Buddha you could get the same answer. God reveals himself as we grow, people cannot understand Jesus' answers until they are ready to. Be well.

You are correct of course my friend. I would only go a bit further and say that it isn't that we cherish lies more than truth, we have gone so far as to utterly shame the truth.

Never-the-less, we must always do our best at sharing the light. When words fail it is because there has not been enough demonstration through action.

Thank you for the wise counsel.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Dear IamIam,

You are very welcome. Yes, I understated because I have hope for individuals. Most actually prefer the lies and despise the truth as the book said we would. God is pretty smart and loves us all, you know this. We do not know what goes through a person's mind as they pass on, that is when the scales are removed for all. Perhaps he speaks to them and that is their choice and chance. He comes to us in our moment of need. That is the last moment of need for all. Have faith and continue giving your answer, it is all we have. Be well.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

I understand the passage to mean that Jesus does not come to bring peace on Earth, he comes to arm his disciples with a weapon to fight the temptations of the Satan.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

Ahh, a classic interpretation...christian style.

Please spare us the need to fight satan part, that has held this planet in its grips of insanity for so long.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Please spare us the need to fight satan part, that has held this planet in its grips of insanity for so long.
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Well, I am not a Christian, so my interpretation of the Bible passage wasn't exactly proselytizing. I was merely offering an alternate meaning which made sense to me within the context of the Bible.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

You misstated him, he said the TEMPTATION of Satan, not Satan. At a minimum we fight temptation even as atheists and agnostics. Don't believe in God, you do believe in temptation, don't you? Temptation is from within, not from without, Satan only supplies what we enjoy, we choose to have it outweigh what we know is right, if there is no Satan, the same still applies.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Jesus recently came into my life. He showed me himself that he was real (I wont get into it would take me too long to explain). I always believed in god (or just a higher creator), but questioned jesus, as son of god. Well I can tell you he is real. He is the flesh of god that was put on this earth. Maybe other inhabited planets have their own son of god that was delivered to them as proof. I see how people can get upset with this thread. Not all "Christians" were/are good people. I think that is the Devil at his finest in these situations. God (Jesus) is there for all of us wheather or not we believe. I understand your frustration IamIam, and I now realize why some people (yourself included) cant help but spread the word of god. Once you understand he is real you want to share that feeling first with loved ones and it can spread from there. I personally do not preach to others, or try to explain anything, because Jesus will come into all of our lives, it is up to the individual wheather or not to accept him at that time. Maybe this thread will bring jesus into someones life. He can help you with demons, curses and snakes that have been treading and striking at our ankles through our worldly struggles. There are great powers at work struggling always between good and evil. Even if you do not believe in Jesus you can make it to heaven. But when you take Jesus intto your heart, its like you grow a foot taller than anyone else, and you can see above all the meaningless nonsense. It is not easy to believe. I can tell you he is real. Just imagine living in Kingdom of god, because when I took Jesus into my life, thousands of generations of my anscestors, some in heaven, some in hell, some residing in the kingdom of god (where I will now reaside after this earthly experience), were all happy for me and rejoicing for my salvation. It was a great day.
edit on 11/08/2010 by 51Reasons because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join