It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Faces Jail After Protecting Home From Masked Attackers (with video footage)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This Is a country run by the crown and they are a little to close for my comfort.I don't want the Canadians here,but I don't want them to be the defenseless saps they appear to be.That is a nice camper.I could make those guys go away for a trade.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Just another example that the police are not your friend and are not there to help you.

Getting the pigs involved is always a bad idea, this guy found out the hard way.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Wow, that is seriously messed up! Seems like the same sort of "reasoning" the cops used to use here (MANY years back) regarding domestic violence. Time for Canadians to demand changes to the laws, I think!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
This was done in Canada and we have different gun laws.
I have found someone in my home once and laid a whooping on him without charges.
I agree with the authorities on this one...take his guns away.
This was an ongoing dispute with his neighbor and regardless of the situation...pulling a gun was a bad call on his part.
There is warranted force and unwarranted force....pulling a gun was not the right decision in my opinion.
We aren't Americans...our laws are different for a reason...if the first thing this guy thought of was to pull a gun then I am glad they have been taken away.

No offence to our gun toting American friends.
edit on 24-1-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

moron

they charged two people with arson in this case and claimed they knew he was inside the house that's usually called attempted murder, they deliberately it seems refrained from using that term to pursue criminal charges against the homeowner.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
im from canada and if that was me i wouldve have left my front door i woulda shot as many as i can in the leg to immobilize them and them call the cops... pos wanna firebomb my house and i cant do anything about it ... ya right i will take it into my own hands and make sure that my house and livelyhood survives

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
What an awful message to send to criminals. Law enforcement is basically telling them that it's okay to commit crimes because they'll take away any protection a victim might have and put them in jail.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dbriefed

Most likely! Yup.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by exile1981

Dude, Cananda needs real cops and/or guns. As dangerous as America seems to be, it is infinitely preferable to that type of fiasco. See in America the crazy machette wielding bad guy gets arrested.

Despite what you see in movies most bank robberies in America involve a note and not a gun.

In fairness the guy was drunk, hopefully I won't get in trouble for this but I over heard him telling the wife that he needed to take out the money to pay for the kids sports camp and his wife was going to be mad if she found out he had spent it all on booze. He didn't even try to use the machete to get the door open (thankfully as he would likely have hurt himself) most of the stuff he yelled why banging was along the lines of "I got my knife, open up".

Definately not the brightest criminal out there. In the interest of being honest the reason the corporal felt the guy would be able to plea it down and not goto jail was because of his race. The cop said it was typical behaviour for that ethnic group and that generally the judges just gave them slaps on the wrist. I disagree because I have friends of that group and never once have I seen them get drunk and try to rob a bank. I figure it was just an excuse because he didn't want to do the paperwork. This is the same corporal who yelled at my wife for handing funny money over to the RCMP that someone tried to pass at the bank. He was mad and asked her if she realized how much paperwork she was causing the officers of the detachement to do with counterfit currency she was bringing them. It was like 6 or 7 bills in a one month period.

This policeman is a joke,what the hell is the state paying him for? well come when it's safe WTF? Get's upset when people report counterfeit money because he might have to do what he's paid for? If this was in Australia people would complain about his failure to even attempt to do his job,then the press would crucify him,hello unemployment,

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports

moron

they charged two people with arson in this case and claimed they knew he was inside the house that's usually called attempted murder, they deliberately it seems refrained from using that term to pursue criminal charges against the homeowner.

His lawyer won't refrain from using the word attempted murder,and hopefully he'll tear the coppers apart on the stand,a good lawyer and the video as evidence and he should get off hopefully

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
sad state of affairs when you cannot have the basic freedom of protecting yourself, not to mention your property.
If someone came at my house with the intent to fireball it, they would not walk away.
But, if they harmed my dogs, i would end their line.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
THis boils my blood

Ya know I bet if the dog had been killed the same people who are saying that it was wrong for him to pull a gun would have a different opinion . As for the on going dispute who knows what was going on behind the scenes . But fact is these idiots put the mans life and property in jeopardy and he had a right to defend himself.
Question I had my cable disconnected how much press is this story getting ?
edit on 29-1-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

thing is it wouldn't have happened in Taxes because they would have to been soo daft that natural selectoin would have done these guys a long time ago . This happened in Canada we're nice and domesticated here with no spines .

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

It's getting almost zero press coverage. I've seen some online news articles but nothing on air.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join