It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 rise from dead in brazil floods

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Cool story. I definitely believe 100% this is possible in the power of Jesus. Not sure this particular incident occurred, though, due to the blackout but in theory the actual act is possible I do believe.

On that note, lol @ some of the comments on this thread. 'God only resurrected 16. Why not everyone!?! Why not from Haiti? Boo hoo!' Why didn't God give them all winning lottery tickets, genius children, and sprawling mansions while He was at it!

Poor God. He can't win. He's more patient than I am. I would have zapped this ungrateful planet ages ago.

I believe that someone can have the power to heal. I believe will and belief are very strong. I can say that I have witnessed "magic" from faith. I think the idea that it's god's power or in his son's power is necessary for the "magic" to work. And I apologize for using the word magic but I hope you know what I mean. We can study our subconsciouses and implant ideas in our subconsciouses and effect our bodies with our minds subconsciously.

I'm not so sure about raising from the dead but I do think 100% seriously that if there is truth to the gospel than anyone rising from the dead now is doing so by the power of satan.

Mr. Coming, you have a little less than 60% effectiveness. I'm going to start healing people now and see if I can get an F+. I wanna know, were the people who lived the ones who continued to get medical treatment and the people who didn't live the people who just relied on...you (by god's power)?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Wow.

I posted this because my first initial reaction was " Too many things have happened that we thought never would, we're at some kind of climax or turning point in this world, not our people but our PLANET seems to be waking up, what are the possibilities?"

I also posted because I knew I wouldnt have to go crazy searching by myself, I was very interested in finding some kind of follow-up to this and I knew some of you would be just as interested since this isnt something we hear everyday.

And not once did I type that this story was true, or valid in any way. I said I had a hard time believing it!

As I said before, I am not a religious person, I was not looking for a religious debate (as some posters might think), Theres so much I dont know when it comes to religions, I am the last person to try and stir something up, as there is alot that I dont understand yet. I do believe there has to be something bigger than all of us put together, I do believe that certain things happen to people and science cannot explain it. I knew religion more than likely was going to play into it but I really just wanted any facts or truth to this.

I've been busy so I look forward to reading the comments and debates here, I see I missed a whole lot but most importantly, Theres still no validity on this story

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

But don't you see? Even if something did happen that is attributable to God, people would still say that there has to be a natural explanation, even denying the testimony of the ones who experienced the rare event. Even if the dead did rise, people would say "oh, it's quite simple, they were never dead in the first place". Even if there was evidence all around you you would still be asking for evidence!

The things you listed are not evidence of a god and even if it were, for such a being to remain invisible and undetectable would be cruel. Furthermore, if such a being exists and can affect the material world in various ways then it can be tested. If it can be tested it can also be measured and therefore facts could be acquired to establish the existence of such a being.

But it cannot be considered rational to believe in powerful invisible entities based on someone's testimony alone. Or that Jesus rose the dead in Brazil by testimony alone. Or that an ATS poster can heal cancer by phoning it in on testimony alone.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

But don't you see? Even if something did happen that is attributable to God, people would still say that there has to be a natural explanation, even denying the testimony of the ones who experienced the rare event. Even if the dead did rise, people would say "oh, it's quite simple, they were never dead in the first place". Even if there was evidence all around you you would still be asking for evidence!

You don't know that. Why? Because it's never happened. If I ask for evidence of jesus the only evidence you can give is th bible. A book, written 60 years after the unsubstantiated story that became the government enforced religion a cuple hundred years later. A story that was copied about the sun of ra or something like that. There is no other record by historians or governments or archeological artifacts. Actually, there might be, but it wouldn't be jesus by name. It would have a title like "one of hundreds of jewish messiahs". That is historical fact, many people claiming to be the messiah but no proof of jesus. Look up the definition of evidence and then we can talk.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Adlai

Mr. Coming, you have a little less than 60% effectiveness. I'm going to start healing people now and see if I can get an F+. I wanna know, were the people who lived the ones who continued to get medical treatment and the people who didn't live the people who just relied on...you (by god's power)?

My guess is you won't be able to heal anyone. But please try.all the people I healed were under medical treatment. Most had been a terminal diagnosis. I have not been able to figure out why some get healed and some don't. I have clues that you have to really want to be healed. One of my failures started to laugh during the healing session. She was dead within 2 wks.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

As I said before, I am not a religious person, I was not looking for a religious debate (as some posters might think), Theres so much I dont know when it comes to religions, I am the last person to try and stir something up, as there is alot that I dont understand yet. I do believe there has to be something bigger than all of us put together, I do believe that certain things happen to people and science cannot explain it. I knew religion more than likely was going to play into it but I really just wanted any facts or truth to this.

Healing is an "act of God", nothing to do with religion. Religious people get healed and not religious people get healed.

I've probably healed more people than anyone -- and I hate Religion -- it is the most dangerous thing in the world.
edit on 26-1-2011 by SecondComing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Adlai

If you want evidence ask God for it. In fact, asking might not cut it, begging would probably cut it. And if you do get the personal experience you asked for, you'd just convince yourself it was all in your head, wouldn't you? When I waited for scientific evidence of God, I got none. Yet when I sought God on my own terms, I got plenty, even evidence that gives me faith no man can shake apart. Personal testimony of God is indeed possible.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

You are a very good communicator!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Well, what if such a being takes offense to being tested by mankind?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecondComing

Healing is an "act of God", nothing to do with religion. Religious people get healed and not religious people get healed.

I've probably healed more people than anyone --

So you claim that healing is an act of god, and you claim that you have healed people. This is either contradictory, or implies that either you are a god or can direct the actions of a god. Which is it?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Well, what if such a being takes offense to being tested by mankind?

Sure. What if?

At some point you'll have to stop throwing out hypothetical qualities of this god so that you can face the uncomfortable fact that the existence of this alleged entity must be demonstrated. Testimony isn't good enough.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I don't think it's a what if, I think it is actually written and referenced many times that God will not be tested, certainly not by those who feel entitled to it. Rather if you seek God you will find Him. If you come to Him with expectations, you shall probably be ignored. But if you come as a beggar it will be given to you. I mean most of the bible says that He eludes the proud. And I can attest to the best of my knowledge that it's basically true.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I don't think it's a what if, I think it is actually written and referenced many times that God will not be tested, certainly not by those who feel entitled to it. Rather if you seek God you will find Him. If you come to Him with expectations, you shall probably be ignored. But if you come as a beggar it will be given to you. I mean most of the bible says that He eludes the proud. And I can attest to the best of my knowledge that it's basically true.

What's written and claimed in a book is not evidence of anything. If the only way to access this god is through subjective means then such a god is indistinguishable from the non-existent. Additionally, if the bible is an accurate representation of the qualities of god you've referenced, such a claim is contradictory to much of the "old testament" in which god was not accessible only by a game of seek-and-find.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

He's not nonexistent. Many have experienced Him. If a paralyzed person walks again and says he felt a powerful spirit healing him, you would say placebo. If a blind man could see again then you would attribute it to a natural phenomenon. If people have wounds corresponding to the same ones as the crucifixion and bleed lots of perfumed blood you'd say so strong is there faith that their mind created the wounds. Any claims you would say is a lie, a delusion, or natural phenomenon. That leaves you with only the option of seeking God personally to find Him, and that too you seem unwilling to do. There is evidence all around you--yet none of it will ever reach you. If personal testimony is not evidence I suggest you reform the court system.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

He's not nonexistent. Many have experienced Him.

I didn't say he was nonexistent, I said he was indistinguishable from the non-existent. And - though I've established this point several times already - personal testimony of a subjective experience is not a rational reason to believe in invisible entities. There is no way around the fact that at some point objective evidence must be provided to support a fantastic claim.
edit on 26-1-2011 by traditionaldrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

I've probably healed more people than anyone --

So you claim that healing is an act of god, and you claim that you have healed people. This is either contradictory, or implies that either you are a god or can direct the actions of a god. Which is it?

Anyone who says things like that are either stupid or they are stupid.

Is there a point at which you will answer legitimate questions and stop issuing ad hominems? You're the one claiming magical powers. You need to defend your statements if you wish to be taken seriously.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Why is this thread still in the "Current Events"?
I thought this section was for events... you know... things that actually happened or are happening...

It's unbelievable how big this thread got... over what? Opinion?

I defy anyone to provide me with a single full name of any of the alleged "resurrected" people... Get me a name, I'll find the person.

I'll gladly eat my hat - and post a picture here - if ANY TINY PART of this story is true.

Meanwhile, I humbly ask to move this to Hoax.

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't really care wether it does or not but I would move this to HOAX if I was a mod lol.

I just said to my dead friend in my room "RISE BY THE POWER OF CHRIST" or whatever they said in the first one...

Here's what happened...and here's what happened in that story...

NOT A THING.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baguette
I don't really care wether it does or not but I would move this to HOAX if I was a mod lol.

I just said to my dead friend in my room "RISE BY THE POWER OF CHRIST" or whatever they said in the first one...

Here's what happened...and here's what happened in that story...

NOT A THING.

Have a little curiosity. There are people going to the scene of the "Risen" right now. They will report their findings -- including talks with the "Risen". This is an amazing event if it is true.

Don't throw it away, at least until it gets checked out.

Perhaps nothing is important as checking out miracles.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join