It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 rise from dead in brazil floods

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Interestind indeed.
has anyone found anything since then?
i mean i would just consider it a hoax if we never hear anything about it again.
or possibly a cover-up.

Did the zombie apocalypse just start?...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Wow...what a ruckus! Cool headline from the OP.....pretty sure he said he didn't know if it was true or not and my impression was that this was posted to get feedback (oh boy....that worked!) and maybe something to corroborate or disprove it as a hoax. So what do we see? The usual suspects with a line pretty much straight down believers and disbelievers. ...and no good proof on the story, sigh....

As I see it if it is true - it is not a surprise because it has happened before and been documented as mentioned all through the thread.

If it is a hoax I see something very interesting taking shape.....A hoax to believers just means that another stupid un-christian-but-think-they-are-the-ultimate-christian group is throwing off the truth with their silly antics (much like UFO hoaxers - all they do is hurt the cause not help it. One must wonder if that isn't their true intent in the first place). But a hoax to the unbelievers produces this sort of aha! moment "see I told you so, na-na-na-na-naaa-na!"

I would like to say this to those who don't believe. Why so passionate about something you already know doesn't exist? Why the need to drill those who do believe and try to make them look foolish or stupid? What motivates this? The (sincere) believers I understand, they simply want others to believe so they receive the same blessings that they do - it is humanitarian as well as anything. But the non-believers...what motivates you to try to lure believers away from what they believe to be true? This always interests me. Why not just move on your merry way living your life to the fullest? If you have it all figured out great....use your immense intellect to make the world a better place and be gentle to those you don't feel are so "enlightened."

It's funny, the whole "faith" is just some dumb thing you don't see arguement. Well disbelief is faith in the unknown they way you see it so no harm no foul, right? There is a Truth out there either way and finding out which one it is at the end of the road is unavoidable. Believing doesn't make it so if it already is and disbelieve doesn't make it not exist just becase you think it is all lie. Just be willing to reap your own belief/disbelief and its consequences...because you will anyway.

edit on 25-1-2011 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

like i said man it's a choice. you choose to disbelieve so you do. i'll pray for ya man. i hope you find him, it's amazing when you figure it out. it truly is.

the only thing i'll add is that you have to realize how ugly and despicable we truly are to see the beauty of God. bro, you have to realize your own ignorance and how little you know, just like i did and still do. the only thing i know is that i know nothing. i'm nothing more then an insignificant little piss ant that has no importance to the fate of this world. i am but a dot in the vastness of it all. and yet most of us till like to feel important when not a single one of us is. self-righteousness is the folly of man.
edit on 25-1-2011 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

The choice is to believe. Disbelief is status quo.
Don't pray for people without their permission. It's rude and you might send someone to hell that way if you're wrong.
Your ignorant, bro is not what you call a stranger in a forum, and what you need to realize is that you don't know what other ppl need to realize. It's fun, you claim to know a lot, then real straight forward like claim to know nothing, then continue to say other things you know. That is the power of god, contradiction.

This article had no backing, should have never been posted because it debunked itself by being the only story out there and came through a press release by christains who were admittedly going crazy in a huge natural disaster. God's been debunked like this article.
edit on 1/25/2011 by Adlai because: typos

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This is incredible, not only were people able to raise the dead by faith alone, but the description of being in darkness but aware is eyewitness evidence of the existence of Sheol (the realm of the dead forgotten by Christians after centuries of seperation from the Jews). It is a shame that more Christians can't do great works such as these. It brings to mind Matthew 17:20

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

We can all learn from these people.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonpie86
reply to post by Tollon

heya, not sure if you've heard of Lazarus

Jesus raised him from the dead. Makes a pretty good read. Then Jesus himself was ressurrected. Ezekial and the Valley of bones makes a good read too.

The Imitator can only imitate what has already been created!

I've read those. Great fiction. People thought those stories were true too until someone had a thought for him/her self. All you have to do is check for an historical or legal or medical record of jesus. There's not even a birth certificate. Unless god took all evidence of his son from the world when he put fossils on it.

Good job with the accurate descripton of an imitator. I didn't know an imitator had to imitate. I thought that they produced original materials. Not to mention, I should whisper this...

[Whisper] Jesus was an imitator. Rara sis boom bah[/whisper]

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No question this is "Possible". ATS has been used by God to introduce evidence of miracles (another word for "Acts of God".
Virtually all of them have not been noticed by the ATS "faithful".
25 years ago, I learned that I had the ability to heal people of terminal diseases. I have, since then, healed 22 people -- mostly with terminal cancer. I have also failed to heal 16. I don't know why some are healed and some are allowed to die. About 1/4th of the healing were not in person. I never saw the person, just did the healing thing over the phone.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36
This is incredible, not only were people able to raise the dead by faith alone, but the description of being in darkness but aware is eyewitness evidence of the existence of Sheol (the realm of the dead forgotten by Christians after centuries of seperation from the Jews). It is a shame that more Christians can't do great works such as these. It brings to mind Matthew 17:20

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

We can all learn from these people.

It's incredible that people are so eager to swallow obvious hoaxes.

Didn't the lack of names of the revived people, and lack of mention anywhere else make it clear to you this was a hoax?

The article was never in the paper at all, the picture of that article is a picture of a photoshopped mash-up.

Comparison of actual paper of that date with mash-up:

Originally posted by Highergrounds
The person that contributed the testimony still argues that the raisings did happen, although the article was false: "I wanted to let all you know that I spoke with the nurse today that led the team to Brazil. I also contacted the editor of the newspaper in Brazil where the news article was supposedly printed. Shortly after the raisings the article had been faxed to the team and they, not having ANY grid for what happened, simply assumed the article’s validity. It seems that the article was pieced together and although the story is true, unfortunately the editor is not acknowledging that the article was printed in his paper.

The nurse and team feel really bad that this article was forwarded prior to them researching its source. They were overwhelmed with all the miracles that were happening around them as they were happening so quickly. I totally understand and hope that grace would be extended to them.

If you still believe this story is true, perhaps you should ask yourself why you believe such things with no evidence.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Ok, so further searching has shown that the article in the newspaper was photoshopped in and not actually published by the magazine. There are two possibilities here 1. They made it all up or 2.They were using a credible magazine as a jumping off point.

Here is a blog that argues for the latter: upsidedownbethlehem.wordpress.com...

If the missionaries shopped this article, yes they were being dishonest and even if it happened, their credibility has been thrown out the window. Such is the punishment for dishonesty. However, you can see why they would use this magazine as a jumping off point. It's secular and non-objective and more people would read it. A question for atheists: how often do you take a missionary publication seriously? Their methods were understandable, but it will be their undoing.

To the believers: Don't be afraid to backtrack in these stories. Lies and dishonesty must be exposed. If it turns out to be a hoax it doesn't do anything to your faith. Both sides do it *cough* Piltdown Man *cough**cough*. If there was no miracle, go out and make your own miracles.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by glad_to_be_His
Wow...what a ruckus! Cool headline from the OP.....pretty sure he said he didn't know if it was true or not and my impression was that this was posted to get feedback (oh boy....that worked!) and maybe something to corroborate or disprove it as a hoax. So what do we see? The usual suspects with a line pretty much straight down believers and disbelievers. ...and no good proof on the story, sigh....

As I see it if it is true - it is not a surprise because it has happened before and been documented as mentioned all through the thread.

If it is a hoax I see something very interesting taking shape.....A hoax to believers just means that another stupid un-christian-but-think-they-are-the-ultimate-christian group is throwing off the truth with their silly antics (much like UFO hoaxers - all they do is hurt the cause not help it. One must wonder if that isn't their true intent in the first place). But a hoax to the unbelievers produces this sort of aha! moment "see I told you so, na-na-na-na-naaa-na!"

I would like to say this to those who don't believe. Why so passionate about something you already know doesn't exist? Why the need to drill those who do believe and try to make them look foolish or stupid? What motivates this? The (sincere) believers I understand, they simply want others to believe so they receive the same blessings that they do - it is humanitarian as well as anything. But the non-believers...what motivates you to try to lure believers away from what they believe to be true? This always interests me. Why not just move on your merry way living your life to the fullest? If you have it all figured out great....use your immense intellect to make the world a better place and be gentle to those you don't feel are so "enlightened."

It's funny, the whole "faith" is just some dumb thing you don't see arguement. Well disbelief is faith in the unknown they way you see it so no harm no foul, right? There is a Truth out there either way and finding out which one it is at the end of the road is unavoidable. Believing doesn't make it so if it already is and disbelieve doesn't make it not exist just becase you think it is all lie. Just be willing to reap your own belief/disbelief and its consequences...because you will anyway.

edit on 25-1-2011 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

If I were on a computer instead of a phone that quote would only be a paragraph.

I have several reason to spread the word of disbelief. I am not an athiest, I am agnostic because I treat religioun like everything else. Don't believe until it's proven, don't disbelieve unless disproven.
I think that one person who believes without proof is detrimental to society as a whole. That's how lynch mobs get started.
I want to save people from wasting what appears most likely to be one life.
I don't want the government to be able to pretend revelations is happening. (Project enoch)
I don't want believers to think aliens on the planet are angels, or that awesome people are possessed by god, or that we have no control over our fate (because that demotivates and takes away responsibility which stops progression, even toward an egalitarian society. I especially don't want people to think alien spaceships are god or are bringing about the rapture. There would be two great stories in the news, first of the rapture, then of the rapture being a hoax to cover up an alien invasion, and then possibly a story saying the government used the alie invasion to cover up...idk...haarp.

The most important thing is tha most conflict throughout history has been because of religion. Most setbacks have been because of religion. Most persecution, most intolerance. Religion has been the biggest censor.

Summary, religion causes violence, censorship, intolerance, murder, hindering or scientific advancement and hindering or societal advancement which is pretty much a hindering of human advancement.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Adlai

Summary, religion causes violence, censorship, intolerance, murder, hindering or scientific advancement and hindering or societal advancement which is pretty much a hindering of human advancement.

A miracle is not Religion. Miracles are from GOD -- Religion is terrible. The "evidence" is compelling that these miracles actually happened (I believe). It is characteristic of "Acts of God" (Miracles) to be surrounded with controversy. Take the 911 experience. It was obviously (to me) an act of God -- there are many reasons why it couldn't have happened due to the planes or due to a conspiracy. Yet, lots of smart people are lined up on both sides -- the OS side and the Conspiracy side -- but neither side is the "true" side.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecondComing
No question this is "Possible". ATS has been used by God to introduce evidence of miracles (another word for "Acts of God".
Virtually all of them have not been noticed by the ATS "faithful".
25 years ago, I learned that I had the ability to heal people of terminal diseases. I have, since then, healed 22 people -- mostly with terminal cancer. I have also failed to heal 16. I don't know why some are healed and some are allowed to die. About 1/4th of the healing were not in person. I never saw the person, just did the healing thing over the phone.

If you flip a coin 38 times and all 38 times it comes up heads that would be weird, as in out of the ordinary, but it would in no way be mystical. 50/50 or 38 is 19/19. Compaired to 22/16. I know you said terminal, but until someone is dead nothing is truly terminal. Tell me they were all stage 4 lung cancer and I will give a little more faith to mysticism.

And, the stories noticed by ats are usually debunked by ats as well. If not disproven then at least discredited when they are bull# like this "news" story or your healing powers that you admitted aren't real when you said how unaffective they were.

Less effective than chemo...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

that is incredible i read once that an old woman died got rigor mortis and was put in a freezer and when got brought to the autopsy table she was a live i think that was for three days as well and wasn't Jesus resurrected after three days

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

Well I think its time we dust off our "Zombie survival guides" and our guns, for here come the hordes. Hope ya don't turn bud or ur in my crosshairs. At anyrate I think there are capabilities of corpse reanimation right now but not knowing is everything. Watch there will be a Raccoon City soon! S+F

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hoax Section anyone?!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiddlinKid85
reply to post by gougitousakusha

Well I think its time we dust off our "Zombie survival guides" and our guns, for here come the hordes. Hope ya don't turn bud or ur in my crosshairs. At anyrate I think there are capabilities of corpse reanimation right now but not knowing is everything. Watch there will be a Raccoon City soon! S+F

Please read more than just the first post please. People who keep saying how awesome this are losing credibility for everyone here. If anyone wants to say how we are all nutcases who don't use reasoning in our arguments just have to quote people like you saying it was on ats. Please stop for the sake of those actually spreading truth instead of hoax.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Adlai

If you flip a coin 38 times and all 38 times it comes up heads that would be weird, as in out of the ordinary, but it would in no way be mystical. 50/50 or 38 is 19/19. Compaired to 22/16. I know you said terminal, but until someone is dead nothing is truly terminal. Tell me they were all stage 4 lung cancer and I will give a little more faith to mysticism.

I said that I healed all 22 -- you call me a liar. They were not all stage 4 lung cancer -- some were stage 4 brain tumors. The first time I did it, the little girl had been given 2 wks to live by the doctor. Three days after my healing session, she went to the doctor and the tumor was gone -- she's a grown woman now. There were many such stories. You are a fool to call me a liar.

You think ATS has debunked all the miracles -- you are very wrong. The one which impresses me the most were the three sunspot events. The first on the same day as the Haiti earthquake -- appeared in the shape of the Haitian island group. Then several wks later, another earthquake in the Pacific, and another sunspot in the shape of tha Island group. Then, soon after, at the start of the Olympics, a very large group of 5 spots in the shape of the Olympic emblem.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Please tell us how.
Then, please prove it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SecondComing

hey secondcoming I will call you a liar. See the truth has nothing to do with I say,the statement has everything to do with your words.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
On a side note the death toll went up to 820 with 500 still missing.
Just heard it on TV.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Adlai

A miracle is not Religion. Miracles are from GOD -- Religion is terrible. The "evidence" is compelling that these miracles actually happened (I believe). It is characteristic of "Acts of God" (Miracles) to be surrounded with controversy. Take the 911 experience. It was obviously (to me) an act of God -- there are many reasons why it couldn't have happened due to the planes or due to a conspiracy. Yet, lots of smart people are lined up on both sides -- the OS side and the Conspiracy side -- but neither side is the "true" side.

you have a lot of nerve talking the way you do. Mostly the 3 buildings that came down on 9/11 had everything to do with explosive use demolition...keep talking this way and the boys in white jackets will be looking for you. News flash for you only Harold Camping adjusted his date 5/21/2011...now you run with that one OK?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join