It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 rise from dead in brazil floods

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I searched on the name of the town and came across a blog written by a woman who has visited the region, who has friends there, who reads Portuguese, and who decided to investigate the claims.

Truth in Teresopolis

after some digging, the blogger acquired a PDF of the original article, from which, she drew the following conclusion:

The newspaper article is most likely a hoax because:

1. The byline. The bylines for “O Diario” do not have the place. They actually don’t have an “AP-style” byline at all. Obviously not, they are not an American newspaper.

2. The font. Anyone who has studied journalism knows that once a newspaper starts using a font, they stick with it. The “article” published by the “Healing Herald” uses what appears to be Times New Roman font (or a similar serif font) while the real “O Diario” newspaper uses a font without serifs. Small detail, but its a huge clue. Newspapers don’t change their fonts halfway through the page.

3. The spacing. Look at the other articles on “O Diario”. They are less than double-spaced. Again, newspapers don’t change their spacing for one article.

4. No names are used. Not even in the newspaper article. Well, I don’t know what you all think we do here in Brazil, but all the newspaper articles, all the news on TV and radio has people’s names published!! Brazilian journalists use names, its their protocol.

Good points, all. While this doesn't necessary mean that the resurrections never occurred, it would be interesting to find out if the newspaper story being circulated is a hoax. I, for one, will check in with this site occasionally, and on the blogger's vow to "get to the bottom of this and find out the truth."

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I don"t really mean to deny the existense of god here. I don't know if he exists or not like thebible says he does but I believe that by definition the universe is god and by definition everything is a miracle since our origins is such a mystery. The point I'm trying to get at and have been this whole time is that you need to be rational before you can be irrational. To hear that god did something and just believe is the type of thinking that makes rulers out of peole like hitler. First, read the story and see if it's obviously bogus. If it's not, or even if you think it is research to see if the event really happened. After that, whether it happened or not you should exprlore scientific reasoning before leaping to faith. Then, you at least have circumstantial evidence and a tough case to refute. But if you don't go with a scientific method to begin with you can't ever be right. Anyone can call you out on not fact checking and even if you're right you still have no credibility. So what I'm saying is I'm not questioning god, I'm denying your credibility, mr. Coming.

Sorry, I forget your name but the guy siding with mr. Coming, you do a good job of doing the same thing to me and the drummer. But, you still haven't provided scientific evaluations, no specifics on miracles and how you attempted to debunk them but couldn't.

I mentioned stemcells earlier and I was told they have nothing to do with anythin, athough the little girl that 2come heaed had a brain tumor and is an adult now. That mans that this happened at least 10 years ago, just to get a timeframe for reference, specifially to the medical knowledge of the time. Also, if stem cells are a cause for cancer she couls have had the cancer caused by stem cells. He could have said she didn't have cancer from stem cells, instead he told me stem cells don't matter. So I can assume she had cancer from stem cells. I'm not going to assume that. I'm going to assume she might have. We haven't been the best at researching stem cells because of the law, and back then we know less, but I assume that if we research something that we haven't researched, that causes the cancer we might fght the scientific reason why she recovered. Or, a better way to put it, until we research stem cells enough to know that the way they function in a tumor we can't say it was god, or a man healing. If this were the skunkworks I would be arguing very differently, but this is current events, you sould use scientific method here.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SecondComing

Ok but I just don't see how it's physically (or universally/dimensionally/anythingally) possible to stand over a dead person and say "rise up in the name of christ" and on your command, they do it.

It's just not possible.

It's just not possible.

It's just not possible.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baguette
reply to post by SecondComing

Ok but I just don't see how it's physically (or universally/dimensionally/anythingally) possible to stand over a dead person and say "rise up in the name of christ" and on your command, they do it.

It's just not possible.

It's just not possible.

It's just not possible.

Healing or resurrection are both "acts of God". I've never witnessed "resurrection", but I have seen healing "acts of god" and many others have also.

The impossible is what a miracle (act of god) is. That's what GOD is good at doing.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
DEAD PEOPLE DO NOT COME BACK TO LIFE!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to break it to you,when the body dies there ain't no coming back.Nobody has EVER come back from the dead and nobody EVER will.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Are they sure they weren't just asleep?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
For those of you still interested in the story that originally spawned this thread, I encourage you to visit the following blogs:

thejourneyproject.org/missions/digging-for-the-truth-in-teresopolis.html

paulcull.org/blog/

upsidedownbethlehem.wordpress.com/.../16-people-raised-from-the-dead-in-brazil-yes/

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
They didn't die, they were just in a very deep unconscious coma due to probally getting slamed by a wave clear across a street or a room or something like that.

Although, for anyone to go out of body for 3 days and be able to completely avoid riggor mortis from setting in and actually being able to reserve it would be amazing. I go out of body and usually am back by Hour 6 not Hour 72.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by starseed33
DEAD PEOPLE DO NOT COME BACK TO LIFE!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to break it to you,when the body dies there ain't no coming back.Nobody has EVER come back from the dead and nobody EVER will.

I beg to differ. There is alot more people that were declared dead on scene to come back fully. There are some that exist who shall and wish to remain nameless.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

If there is a god he is a real jerk, I have to say. I tried hard for years as a kid to feel the holy spirit, and love of jesus and all that, because it seemed to make them pretty happy. What kind of jerk would deny a little kid?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
God would not bring back to life a body that had been dead and bloated and decomposed for 3 days. That is the work of the devil. Im sorry, but its true. Seriously, if it really happened, its not Gods will.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by readmedotexe

upsidedownbethlehem.wordpress.com/.../16-people-raised-from-the-dead-in-brazil-yes/

Thank you for that.

Maybe one day we'll really see this...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Adlai

Look, I apologize if you took what I said out of context. I should of elaborated in more detail that I am an avid zombie fan; but I have to say I did get caught up in the posts. I understand that "zombies" are outlandish and myth. I do understand it is medically impossible that corpses being brain dead for a time greater than 48 hours to "reanimate" or rise. Religion is a hard topic to discuss for most since there are so many different views. I have my own personal beliefs on the second coming of Christ. IMO this is bunk, but that's my opinion. I don't appreciate hoaxes as much as the next guy, but really how do you know it is a hoax?
It is fact that doctors can induce a coma and or bring back someone from being dead up to 45 minutes. Forgive me for not posting links since I am mobile, but this is fact. As for spreading hoax, I was trying to be funny adding to what someone said. So really why are you being so critical to my comical post? .aybe you should chillax and watch a couple night of the living dead movies and relax. Unless you think they are coming to get you, Barbara...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I grew up in charismatic Christianity, e.g. Pentecostalism. The pastor of the church would often speak of hearing god's voice, having conversations with the Almighty. Speaking in tongues, people shaking on the floor, the whole thing. I wanted so badly at the time to have some kind of "experience." If there ever was a time that I 'believed' it was then, as a young boy.

To make matters more painful, my mother is a kind of mystic. She had visions, participated in exorcisms. So I not only wanted these experiences for myself but to please her as well. I prayed so hard, so many times.

In short, I never did have a vision or speak in tongues or felt God's presence. Sometimes I'd speak with my mother or leaders in the church about it, and the response I'd get is that my brain is too analytical, too concerned with reasons for belief. For years I tortured myself over it. My mother called me her "little scientist."

Now I'm much older, and I've learned to let go of my pentecostal past. I cannot say that I believe in any gods for evidential reasons, and I sometimes smile at the thought, "What if I had a vision as a child? Would I have an unshakable belief today?" I honestly do not know. I have the feeling, however, that it would have only added to the torture.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by readmedotexe

I went through that whole "born again" thing. I couldn't speak in "tongues". I asked a friend of mine how he did it. He said "you just fake it".

The first word in the Bible is IN

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Really? Really? I hate to waste my very first post on a thread that shouldn't even exist because it's so obviously bogus, but come on. Why is it that nobody has been resurrected since biblical times and all of a sudden it happens in some podunk village with no video or still photos, nothing at all to corroborate this obviously fantastic claim? This has as much validity as an article in the Weekly World News...atleast that had a pic of the bat boy! The fact that there is even debate on this issue is beyond absurd. It's called common sense, nine times out of ten if it makes no sense at all then it's probably not true. I'm no expert but doesn't the Catholic church even investigate claims of miracles before they proclaim them as such? Skepticism isn't taboo, it's ok not to blindly believe some times. It's horribly ignorant and highly dangerous just to believe these kinds of claims at face value, that's how kool aide parties are formed. Of course, I could be wrong, and in that case I'm going to have to crack open the ole' Zombie Survival Guide.....

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by starseed33

Sorry friend, but your wrong. Plenty of people have literally DIED, totally braindead. Their brain has been shut down, and their heart has stopped. They stay like that for about 4 days or more adn then suddenly spring to life. How do you explain that? How is that not being DEAD?

Please explain to me what death is. Because by my definition, and a particular story I recall, a man was dead for almost a week and just happened to wake up on the autopsy table right when they were going to begin the autopsy.

Greater things are at work within this universal conciousness.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
well, i have a few things to say about this matter:
Everyone here is very skeptical about this rising the dead which honestly is a very hard thing to come to terms with and while im saying this is possible to be a hoax, it is very true and a very real thing that our father in heaven can and does ressurect the dead and heal many many many sick people, me being one of them and my 3 yr old son as well. not dead, lol, sick!
The one thing that bugs me the most with the thought system on this thing about people not being able to believe in our GOD! is that probably half, maybe more of you believe in evil things as far as, the devil, demons, ghosts, possessions, and so on, these are all things that are created in hell! but you refuse to believe in the jesus christ and the power of god and the miracles he does every single day.
god sent his son from heaven to show us what love is. He watched his son go through hell on earth to forgive us of our sins. He crucified his son to protect us and one being healing.
GOD is the creator of every thing on earth so why in the world wouldnt he be able to heal the sick and rise the dead. You wonder why you cant hear the holy spirit and and feel the amazing love from god, because you deny him and refuse to hear the beautiful truth, yet you follow in the foots of satan and that is your resume for this life and come eternity, your gonna be screwed.
I say to all of you, turn to our father and let him guide you and understand him. Its really an amzing thing and its all so real. I pray that all of you will some day see the truth. I used to be a very bad and screwed up individual and all it took for me was the presence of gods love and once you experience that, everyhting changes!!!
take care and god bless!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I have the power to bring back the dead. There are many children that have seen me do this, a select few grown ups. I believe that I have been given guardianship over the flies, as I have resurrected hundreds of them. All the kiddies gather around as I lay the chosen fly on its silver bed, and they watch with exitement as I sprinkle my secret white substance onto the fly... Once I have blown the breath of life my little fly always RISES and FLIES around the room.

work is boring tonight. After careful consideration I have decided not to check this thread again. Until a fly directs me back here.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I am brazilian , and I have not heard of anything like that in the news

I do not live in Brazil atm, but am in constant contact with relatives and no one mentioned anything, so I guess it is a very likely hoax, like some said this would be VERY much commented...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join