It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 rise from dead in brazil floods

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by Adlai

Well, Jesus did say people could heal and raise the dead in His name. And God could technically break any laws of nature He so pleases to. You might believe it's made up, but I don't: some saints bodies don't rot like anybody else, the Eucharist miracles, even stigmata. God can do whatever He pleases.

I couldn't say it better myself.
edit on 26-1-2011 by SecondComing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecondComing
You have to use your judgement. In my case, I've done it so many times -- most of the times when the Doctors have given up, I'm sure I (God through me) was the main cause.

So they were indeed receiving medical assistance also. There's an old adage: "I had a headache, so I took two aspirin and prayed to god and my headache went away. Therefore, there must be a god".

Are you serious when you say "How exactly is that a miracle? -- about the SunSpots. Any person with a technical mind would know that those shapes on the Sun, at those times/dates could not be an accident -- therefore they are a miracle. People with a BS education often can't tell the difference.

You've taken a coincidence (at best) and assigned it miracle status even though it's in violation of your own definition of "miracle".

Is it possible that you could be mistaken about both your alleged healing abilities and the "sunspot miracle"?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

You have to use your judgement. In my case, I've done it so many times -- most of the times when the Doctors have given up, I'm sure I (God through me) was the main cause.

So they were indeed receiving medical assistance also. There's an old adage: "I had a headache, so I took two aspirin and prayed to god and my headache went away. Therefore, there must be a god".

Are you serious when you say "How exactly is that a miracle? -- about the SunSpots. Any person with a technical mind would know that those shapes on the Sun, at those times/dates could not be an accident -- therefore they are a miracle. People with a BS education often can't tell the difference.

You've taken a coincidence (at best) and assigned it miracle status even though it's in violation of your own definition of "miracle".

Is it possible that you could be mistaken about both your alleged healing abilities and the "sunspot miracle"?

Spoken like a true bull s### er with no ability to logically evaluate something.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

They're not quite the same. If a doctor says you have a terminal illness medicine cannot cure, you cannot really compare it to a headache.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Spoken like a true bull s### er with no ability to logically evaluate something.

That's your response? Really?

I did logically evaluate it, presented the problems with your argument, and your response is an ad hominem with no discussion of these valid points?

Do you actually expect to be taken seriously if you can't defend your claims against basic scrutiny?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SecondComing

A logically evaluation would be to believe that things we don't understand can be understood and have scientific explaination because in the past over and over again things that were once not understood became understood through science.

An illogical evaluation is one with no evidence, put up only with a gut feeling and maybe a friends gut feeling.

To whoever told me to learn how to discriminate, i'd like to say I did. I looked at some islands, then at a sunspot, and I discriminated against the sunspot being the shape of the islands. Do you think breathing isn't lungs compressing and decompressing, it's god filling you with hot air.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

They're not quite the same. If a doctor says you have a terminal illness medicine cannot cure, you cannot really compare it to a headache.

Cancer does go into remission and it often surprises doctors. Therefore it's not a miracle when it happens. Rare events are not impossible events.

The point is that there are other explanations for the patients' success. There is no evidence so far of S.C.'s often phoned-in meditative "healing powers".

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You have a point there, but the sheer probability that it happens not once, twice, but many, many times is enough personal evidence that there is something there.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You have a point there, but the sheer probability that it happens not once, twice, but many, many times is enough personal evidence that there is something there.

Well stated.

You might be interested in knowing that more than half the time I offer to try to heal people, they reject my offer. They are spooked. Traditional religion, most often, spooks them.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

You just don't understand similes. Varying degree but similar, truly.

Ailmet is to cure

Headache is to aspirin as tumor is to chemo.

About the girl with the brain tumor. Tumors is kids usually involve f ed up stemcells. You said she wasa kid and now she's an adult, so it's been at least 10 years. Probably more so we were10 years behind todays diagnostic capabilities and we understood less about stem cells. Stem cell research is hard because of christains who don't want to save lives and ease torture. So, I ca find stories of tumors going away with no praying when the doc said it was too late, but an explaination I can't give you because the research that would lead to this answers as well as treatments is mostly illgal.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Cool story. I definitely believe 100% this is possible in the power of Jesus. Not sure this particular incident occurred, though, due to the blackout but in theory the actual act is possible I do believe.

On that note, lol @ some of the comments on this thread. 'God only resurrected 16. Why not everyone!?! Why not from Haiti? Boo hoo!' Why didn't God give them all winning lottery tickets, genius children, and sprawling mansions while He was at it!

Poor God. He can't win. He's more patient than I am. I would have zapped this ungrateful planet ages ago.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

"Personal evidence", sure - which is why S.C. believes he has a magical power. Actual evidence? None at all. Plus his admitted high failure rate must be factored in. There still remain other explanations for the patients' success that have not been ruled out.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Adlai

Oh, I understand similes, but similar they are not. This has nothing to do with stem cell research but whether it's possible to heal people by non-scientific means. It seems possible to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

When people say that they feel a light pass through them or the power of God working on them and they are afterwards healed of their affliction, do you patronizingly tell them it was all just in their head?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I have spent the last 18 years going to a Baptist Church, quite a normal one as far as religion goes etc.

In that time, I have seen many people healed from cancer, epilepsy and others. Even paralysed people (waist down) and legs lengthed to match the other one so they can walk again.

It's all quite normal stuff for committed Christians that believe in / rely on the power of the Holy Spirit.

Lots of documentation is freely available going right back thousands of years (the Bible) to todays age showing this kind of thing.

I can understand why people who are not of the above would find this odd but it's not, Healing / Deliverance is one of the most talked about subjects in the Bible, you know, preach the Gospel and Heal The Sick etc.

I've personally not seen anybody raised from the dead but again, documented and as you can read here too.

Rock and roll hey, who said Jesus wasn't returning lol?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

When people say that they feel a light pass through them or the power of God working on them and they are afterwards healed of their affliction, do you patronizingly tell them it was all just in their head?

I don't know that it was all in their head. If they make spectacular claims they'll need to demonstrate the positive evidence that verifies their claim as true. Otherwise no rational person has reason to believe it wasn't all in their head.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
Healing / Deliverance is one of the most talked about subjects in the Bible, you know, preach the Gospel and Heal The Sick etc.

And yet the bible does not ever mention that germs and parasites cause many diseases. Instead, disease is caused by demons and cured by exorcism. It's curious how the alleged creator of the universe and his son managed to operate under this misconception.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

How the hell can you demonstrate you felt a non-corporeal power working through you? The only objective metric you have is that indeed they did heal from something even the doctors have given up on treating.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

How the hell can you demonstrate you felt a non-corporeal power working through you?

Good question. One can take hallucinogenic substances and claim to feel a non-corporeal power working through themselves. Was it really a mystical power or was it just feeling that way because of altered brain chemistry?

The only objective metric you have is that indeed they did heal from something even the doctors have given up on treating.

Again, this happens with a degree of regularity. Rare events are not impossible events. If someone attributes the healing to a mystical, as-yet-unproven force then they need to provide positive evidence to validate their claim.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

But don't you see? Even if something did happen that is attributable to God, people would still say that there has to be a natural explanation, even denying the testimony of the ones who experienced the rare event. Even if the dead did rise, people would say "oh, it's quite simple, they were never dead in the first place". Even if there was evidence all around you you would still be asking for evidence!

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join