It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do not be decieved by UFO's!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well, my thoughts and decisions aren’t made according to what you see or think, Zorgon. That would be your thoughts and decisions.

If you want to believe that there are not potentially harmful beings coming to this earth from space at some point in time, when you exist in a universe full of matter and antimatter, on an earth that functions with both positive and negative, surrounded by good and bad entities…no one can stop you.

If you want to lump Christ in your pile with Yoda and contemplate whether you are nothing more than worm food…no one can stop you.

Meh? I know there is more to life than that, and that knowledge gives me hope for eternal peace. While I am waiting for that full knowledge to become mine, I learn more and more in my spirit. When my spirit stands in judgment, I will honestly be able to say, “I have done evil, but I learned from it how to do good, as best as I could.”

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by Soke33

I should have put this in the religious section- but I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just stating the truth. Jesus told us that many people would be deceived by false doctrines in the last days. And I love the people in the UFO forums, they are very open minded and intelligent -and a lot are seeking answers.

I wasn't knockin' your love, sweetheart. I was giving my opinion about your approach.

If it seemed harsh, I would like to reassure you that I made that post, like I would correct my own child.

Not that I am calling you a child in a bad way. We are all children of the same God, yes?
edit on 1/26/11 by Soke33 because: comment

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
But seriously where is all this bashing? I just see strong opinions on both sides. If ones faith be it God, or be It Tentacled Monsters From Alpha Centauri... if one cannot discuss the difference without someone saying 'bashing' then we all best just turn off the computer

Don't go by what man says, go by what God says.

God? Would that be that guy in that old book that wants you to worship him and blindly follow? "The Lord is thy shepherd..."? Is he the one that gets mad all the time when you don't, mad enough to throw a hissy fit and wipe out all creatures by drowning them because a few people ticked him off?. Sounds to me like I know where the real deception lies... and it's been fooling people for 2000 plus years.

An insult made in ignorance is still an insult. The insensitivity shown is what made your comment so petty. Petty ignorance is bashing, in my opinion. That is why I responded.

It's rather selfish of you to expect others to be such a hardass, as yourself.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soke33
An insult made in ignorance is still an insult. The insensitivity shown is what made your comment so petty. Petty ignorance is bashing, in my opinion. That is why I responded.

AH! I see... so your God didn't wipe out everyone and kill all the innocent critters because he was mad? Hmmm well I will have to read that part again because the way I read it last time He gets mad a lot, and every time He does, people get wiped out or are made to suffer.

This behavior in a supposedly benevolent caring god, I can see how it would be upsetting for you taken in that light, but from the outside, this penchant for anger and killing, is exactly what turns many against such a belief.

But it seems you would rather debate that than the premise that Aliens and UFO's are deception

It's rather selfish of you to expect others to be such a hardass, as yourself.

Another false assumption on your part... is not arrogance a sin?
edit on 26-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Coming from earth doesn’t mean that it existed before Him. LOL!

You’ve quoted Scripture for your purpose, so I am going to quote three little verses for mine:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. -John 1.1-3

According to that, everything was made around God, and Revelation 4.11 teaches He did it for His pleasure. The Earth, specifically Sinai, was home base.

In my opinion, you are one inexperienced individual for someone professing so many decades of practice in debating the subject of spiritual beliefs.

I would really like to have a discussion with someone who'd like to discern between the good and bad beings in space. This is boring.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

He created it for His pleasure and got displeasure. He has to clean house to have pleasure.

No souls have died, yet; not even the son of peridition. You wouldn't understand that because it's a spiritual thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

He created it for His pleasure and got displeasure.

Really? So we should all serve His pleasure? Then why do we have free will?

No souls have died, yet;

The soul can no more die than can any other energy... it merely changes form. Even Science knows that energy is not destroyed. Yours is not the only path that understands the true nature of the soul

edit on 26-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

If quoting Scripture to someone quoting Scripture gets me scrutinzed, without the the other poster being scrutinized first, you may want to rethink your comment.

So if another poster jumps off a bridge........nevermind.

The 'open-forum' nature of these boards tend to invite posters to respond to other poster's contributions. Once you put it out there, it is exposed and eligible for scrutiny. If you wish to communicate directly to another member without said scrutiny, I suggest you send a U2U.

We cool?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Trying to prove god with the bible is like trying to prove superman with a comic book.

Remember, that as an atheist yours is a not a specific belief, but a lack of belief. You have nothing to "prove", it is up to theists to prove that their particular omnipotent father-figure exists. Furthermore, theists claim to know what happens when you die, so their burden of proof is higher than an atheists.

Provoke fear in people, inventing an entity that will punish you when you die was and still is the best way to control people and still make a lot of money on it.

Jesus was an idea, his miracles were made up to the story be perpetuated through history. Faith shows how powerful the human mind is. If we cease to believe in fantasies and used our minds in the same way that we use when put faith into practice, we could do wonders.

I believe in people, and when We learn to live in peace, never again we will need gods.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

And just for the records I am an pragmatic agnostic.

Pragmatic agnosticism is the view that thousands of years of debate have neither proven, nor dis-proven, the existence of one or more deities (gods). This view concludes that even if one or more deities exist, they do not appear to be concerned about the fate of humans. Therefore, their existence has little impact on personal human affairs and should be of little theological interest

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hey! Yeah!

There's all that Christian bashing!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I would really like to have a discussion with someone who'd like to discern between the good and bad beings in space.

Okay out of all the races we are familiar with out in space, which ones do you consider good and which ones bad? I tend to think the Reptilians have been on Earth for a very long time and are not really bad, just don't like us very much. Other than that I don't really have a lot of direct or first hand information about all these aliens to make an informed decision.

Unfortunately for us... until they are either revealed by those that do know, or they show themselves on the evening news, we are merely guessing

There is of course one very curious factor... most abductions happen to Christians... at least the reported ones. I find that fact very odd

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I would really like to have a discussion with someone who'd like to discern between the good and bad beings in space.

Okay out of all the races we are familiar with out in space, which ones do you consider good and which ones bad? I tend to think the Reptilians have been on Earth for a very long time and are not really bad, just don't like us very much. Other than that I don't really have a lot of direct or first hand information about all these aliens to make an informed decision.

Unfortunately for us... until they are either revealed by those that do know, or they show themselves on the evening news, we are merely guessing

There is of course one very curious factor... most abductions happen to Christians... at least the reported ones. I find that fact very odd

My God, man!

You even lack conviction in your own beliefs.

I think I will simply start reading the UFO section here. I'll wade through the muck to find answers, like I have done any other time no one seems to have something exciting to add to the conversations.

Keep lookin' up, dude.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I think I will simply start reading the UFO section here. I'll wade through the muck to find answers, like I have done any other time no one seems to have something exciting to add to the conversations.

Well good luck with that
Lot of deep muck there lately

I would start here
Turkey UFO UPDATE Dr Roger Leir speaks about ET FOOTAGE
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That one is really fascinating where it's going

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Jesus is the life and truth and the way. There is no other way to the Father. He wants you to accept Him. In fact He died for you. I pray that you will know Him as I know Him. Once you know His love you are never the same. This is for real man. God it constantly whispering in your ear. When you want to throw your anger at someone He is right there waiting for you to ask Him to defend you. He knows our every secret. All He wants is for you to accept Him, and love Him.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

All He wants is for you to accept Him, and love Him.

By "accept" I suppose you mean believe. That is the "condition" for his divine providence. That is the "admission ticket" to the club.

Seems to me since if he went to all that trouble to create the heavens and earth and mankind in his image (perfect) he would love and protect us without condition. (i.e. There's no such thing as a free lunch.)

I love my dog. Sometimes he chews things and goes potty in the house and disobeys me, yet I love him unconditionally none the less. He doesn't need to "accept" me as his master.

Seems like a paradox. And yeah, I'm familiar with the "free will" concept. My .02‹

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

reply to post by RUSSO

Jesus is the life and truth and the way. There is no other way to the Father. He wants you to accept Him. In fact He died for you.

How you know about this? Do you hear him talking in your ear huh? Funny, I just talked to him and he said you are lying. What father, I have one already. Died for me? Well I'not even sure that he existed. Do you have some proof? Please dont use the bible because I will prove that superman exists with some comic books.

I pray that you will know Him as I know Him. Once you know His love you are never the same. This is for real man. God it constantly whispering in your ear. When you want to throw your anger at someone He is right there waiting for you to ask Him to defend you. He knows our every secret. All He wants is for you to accept Him, and love Him.

My wife knows every secret of mine. She is god?
What happened before you were born? Nothing in the bible says anything about this.
Do you know "devil" was not present in religious texts until the nomadic monotheists ran into polytheists and borrowed the idea?
The Greeks used Poseidon to explain how earthquakes happened (which we now know is due to the movement of tectonic plates). What happens when we can prove, and you can't deny, the Big Bang theory and Evolution, which both have such large amounts of logic behind them that it's hard to deny that they are true.

Well, as I said before I'm a pragmatic agnostic, but here is a atheist that make some good points:

If there is a god, I'm sure if one or more deities exist, he/they do not appear to be concerned about the fate of humans. Therefore, their existence has little impact on personal human affairs.

But I respect your belives. If it turns you in a good person.

edit on 26-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You asked me earlier in this discussion if arrogance is a sin.

Yes, it is.

You appeared to be so confidently trying to debunk the video on the thread you shared with me, so that is the one you shared here.

How arrogant.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

How arrogant.

Hehe nah that isn't arrogance, that is simply common sense and a lot of research. By many other than myself.

But people want the story, not the truth.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

How arrogant.

Hehe nah that isn't arrogance, that is simply common sense and a lot of research. By many other than myself.

But people want the story, not the truth.

Now, I didn't say that I disagree with your debunking.

I was looking at the one about the world business leaders meeting is Saudi, wanting to harness any revenue that may come from advanced information learned from the others, while they associate it with Islam. That is interesting for a few reasons; follow the money is the main one. That is where the answers will start to become clear, as usual.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join