It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do not be decieved by UFO's!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I was talking to my old roommate and he was telling me something he was thinking about. It started off "you know how you told me you really don't believe in God?".... I said "WHAT?"..he repeated himself and I said "Um...no, You are mixed up. I have NEVER told you that i don't believe in God. I told you that my beliefs in God were very different than most traditional christians" then he says "well, you were telling me how you believe in aliens and UFOs and things like that and how you thought there might be some things in the bible about it."

... and to him this translated to "I don't believe in God because I believe in aliens"

Kinda made me mad because he was often misrepresenting me to other people this way. He meant no harm but he certainly took no care, that's for sure. He was always mixing things up and jumping to conclusions like that.

i think a lot of people feel this way and I don't understand it at all. it's like "what?...aliens and UFOs are real??? THERE IS NO GOD!"

I just don't understand why in many conversations aliens always come up as the flip side of that coin to God.
Why else would a person who knows there are people on this site who strongly believe in aliens feel as though these people must not know of god? I just think there is something very irrelevant in that train of thought.

I believe in aliens and I believe we have the same God. I believe everyone has the same God and just hasn't realized it perhaps.
edit on 24-1-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Re ChaosMagician

Some people don't believe in any kinds of aliens at all. Some do, and then consequently call them angels, ETs, fairies, hyperdimensionals etc.

In the pro-alien-belief camp the real problem is the categorization into good, bad, disinterested, reserved, actively/passively helpful, cosmic quarantine police, prison-planet warders and whatever. Freedish has given his bid, seemingly mainly based on information from his doctrinal manual, which is biased like heck on most subjects.

Skip to quote:

["I believe everyone has the same God and just hasn't realized it perhaps."]

Always a pleasure to meet one of the knowers-of-ultimate-truth, who can tell a confused and ignorant mankind about their 'god' people hasn't realized existed.

Arrogant whippersnapper. Why do you think the christianities are imploding? It couldn't be because of such condescenting attitudes as the one you presented, could it?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

I believe it is too obvious to be denied that there are beings outside of our earthly atmosphere.

I also believe that we all have the same Creator.

If that be the case, we must admit something. If there are good and bad people on earth, created by God, there will certainly be good and bad beings elsewhere, created by God.

Right?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soke33

I believe it is too obvious to be denied that there are beings outside of our earthly atmosphere.

I also believe that we all have the same Creator.

If that be the case, we must admit something. If there are good and bad people on earth, created by God, there will certainly be good and bad beings elsewhere, created by God.

Right?

Sounds right to me.

The point about there being one God, a belief (as stated
) of mine and was not intended as an argument toward the OP, it was for clarification in the story because of the misunderstanding... although I'm sure you probably figured that out... I don't think some ^^^ did, but I think I will just leave that "perspective" alone.

I think one thing that troubles people is when assisted evolution gets brought up... if our evolution was assisted by aliens, some even say early man got confused when he was approached by a "creator" I'm not saying things like that didn't happen throughout history's stories... it doesn't mean that if I believe this, that I pray to a poster of ET. It doesn't mean that I believe aliens are or are not gods. Even the bible speaks of lesser Gods, everyone knows that.... but we are part of the same universe, the same reality, the same life. If they exists, somehow there must be a relation even if they didn't assist our evolution. I think that relation would start with the very beginning... the one God... the God of all Gods. Maybe they *did* assist our evolution or changed our history and maybe some of them seem like angels or Gods... hell, maybe both God and Satan are aliens for all I know. I do have this belief and that's not meant to stand as any ultimate wisdom because even if it were true, there are all the intricate details missing of course because I am just one person...one life experiencing these things. I am willing to be open to what that understanding is though.
Maybe they *are* godly, maybe some are much higher up than we are... but what I do know for sure is that if they exist in our world, there is a possibility they may be like family to us... beings from the same ultimate origins... and that there probably is both good and bad and that we may need to constrain our prejudice... of course for the sake of good among them but also for a our own dignity and good. The full story certainly seems worth knowing.

I think intense fear based on fear alone and not even actual proof will probably make any outcome much worse no matter which way it goes.

edit on 25-1-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
Some people don't believe in any kinds of aliens at all. Some do, and then consequently call them angels, ETs, fairies, hyperdimensionals etc.

One of my favorite religious paintings

"Madonna col Bambino e San Giovannino"
(Madonna and Child with the Infant Saint John)
Attributed to Sebastiano Mainardi or Jacopo del Sellaio

I really like the observer and his dog...

Immaculate Conception or Alien Intervention.... YOU decide

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This one is great too... seems the religious painters of the time didn't believe UFO's were Satan's work

"Battesimo di Cristo" 1710
Aert De Gelder
(1645-1727)

edit on 25-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

So before I trust Freedish on his (can't really associate a woman with Freedish's style) words, I would like to see some credentials and references.

edit on 24-1-2011 by bogomil because: spelling

Here is a reference:

10and in all deceitfulness of the unrighteousness in those perishing, because the love of the truth they did not receive for their being saved,

11and because of this shall God send to them a working of delusion, for their believing the lie,

12that they may be judged -- all who did not believe the truth, but were well pleased in the unrighteousness.

(2 Thessalonians 2)

A delusion could be a 'UFO'.

edit on 25-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Provided to exacerbate discussion. I am a Master exacerbater.

Vatican astronomer says if aliens exist, they may not need redemption

If aliens exist, they may be a different life form that does not need Christ's redemption, the Vatican's chief astronomer said.

Jesuit Father Jose Funes, director of the Vatican Observatory, said Christians should consider alien life as an "extraterrestrial brother" and a part of God's creation.

Father Funes said it was difficult to exclude the possibility that other intelligent life exists in the universe, and he noted that one field of astronomy is now actively seeking "biomarkers" in spectrum analysis of other stars and planets.

These potential forms of life could include those that have no need of oxygen or hydrogen, he said. Just as God created multiple forms of life on earth, he said, there may be diverse forms throughout the universe.

"This is not in contrast with the faith, because we cannot place limits on the creative freedom of God," he said.

Catholic News Service

Bolded by me for emphasis.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Re Freedish

Your and my opinion on what is reference, credentials, credibility or evidence differs considerably. You refer to a closed, self-appointed 'true' doctrinal system, based on circle-argumentation.

I rely on rational methods, where claims must be verified from an open system, which doesn't start from assumptions, but pragmatic axioms.

My guess is, that you have no clue of, what I'm talking about, but my attitude and methodology has led to the technology you're using while reading this; while your basis has led to (after 2000 years of trying) still making the rather ridiculous claim: DISPROVE my invisible man.

DISPROVE the flying spaghetti monster, please.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I really like the way you think. You appear very balanced, and I see it as an expression of humility…accepting that none of us knows it all.

It is an indubitable fact that flesh man is grounded. Psalms 8.5 states that even Christ was made a little lower than the angels. Do you think that makes us the lowest intelligent life form in the universe? I am still chewing on that one and would appreciate your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thank you for your posts.

I have seen the artwork, but I have never heard that song.

Beautiful!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Vatican astronomer says if aliens exist, they may not need redemption

I will see your headline and raise ya threeo...

Pope's astronomer says he would baptize an alien if it asked him

"An alien – 'no matter how many tentacles it has' – could have a soul", says pope's astronomer
www.guardian.co.uk...

Vatican Considers Possibility of Aliens - CBS News

Nov 11, 2009 ... Pope Orders Astronomers to Look into Life on Other Planets; Wants to Bridge Gap Between Religion and Science.
www.cbsnews.com...

The Vatican joins the search for alien life

The Vatican's Pontifical Academy of Sciences is holding its first ever conference on alien life, the discovery of which would have profound implications for the Catholic Church.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

So I guess that makes this thread WRONG because if the CHURCH says Aliens are OK, then who are we to argue?

So does that make the OP the deceiver?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Re Kinda Kurious

Before speculating on WHO needs redemption, it would be reasonably to establish the actual validity of the concept redemption itself, and consequently also if there is any need for it at all.

Sofar it's STILL a doctrinal guess on a practically unknown, maybe non-existing, part of existence.

We're talking deep issues here, which can't be 'explained' by scratching the surface.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

It was not my intent to distract but merely provide context to refute OP's claim. My contribution was meant to show there is compelling evidence that a major brand of religion lends credence to the notion that UFO's / Aliens are, in fact, other worldly and not the sinister manifestation of mankind as OP suggests.

Perhaps I failed to make that clear. - Sorry. Or maybe you simply missed that whooshing sound over your head? That "deep" enough?

P.S. Zorgon's examples are more valid toward my point and as per usual presents a sounder argument.

Originally posted by zorgon
So I guess that makes this thread WRONG because if the CHURCH says Aliens are OK, then who are we to argue?

So does that make the OP the deceiver?

edit on 25-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: add content

edit on 25-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Re Kinda Kurious

Sorry if I manifested hostile. I only played along in the local european tradition of chinese-box humour. My apologies.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

No harm, no foul. I admire you honesty. It is a rare commodity as of late.

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." --Unknown.

Bigtime respect sir.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Don't go by what man says, go by what God says.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

edit on 25-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
Don't go by what man says, go by what God says.

God? Would that be that guy in that old book that wants you to worship him and blindly follow? "The Lord is thy shepherd..."? Is he the one that gets mad all the time when you don't, mad enough to throw a hissy fit and wipe out all creatures by drowning them because a few people ticked him off?. Sounds to me like I know where the real deception lies... and it's been fooling people for 2000 plus years.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Re Freedish:

You wrote:

["Don't go by what man says, go by what God says."]

And while 'god' presently is silent, you are for the duration his kind of interpretator (either from direct contact or from interpretaion of this 'god's words.)

And, pray, what has your preaching precisely to do with UFOs? A kind of rational context between preaching and UFOs would be appreciated, unles you want to make it clear, that you're ONLY here for the preaching (a nasty habit in my opinion).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join