It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
You can defend this thug with a badge all you want but if he gets away with this it sends out a message that police can do as they please . The judge protects them , the police protects them , YOU protect them , WHO protects the liittle guy then , the police ????????
.If this is how you "serve and protect" god help us ! .

edit on 27-1-2011 by TheGhostViking because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2011 by TheGhostViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cybertron

Cybertron, you really should learn how to discuss topics without calling names and flipping out. You having an adult temper tantrum DOES NOT help your cause. I despise drunk driving, and think there should be a mandatory 5 year sentence for even first time offenders. My opinion aside... you keep saying that her charges were dropped or minimized... You have not been providing a reason or source, implying they were dropped due to some misdeed from the police. If you say it wasn't because of the misdeed by the police, then tell me why you think they were dismissed or minimized?

What if this woman was mentally unstable?

But the two mental health
professionals who examined her said her mental state Aug. 28 "made it impossible to proceed with the case," Smith said. At the time of the pursuit and the confrontation with the troopers, Smith said Wright was off her mental health medications and was "unable to form the intent necessary to commit a crime."
Smith said privacy laws preclude him revealing Wright's diagnosed mental condition.

www.standard.net...

I understand your side of this...kind of....
I have a few questions for you.
1) Did she risk others lives?
2) Did she resist?
3) Should an officer change his tactics based on age and gender of the criminal?

I really hope your intelligent enough to process this without saying the police should have been more compassionate, due to the fact that she was mentally unstable. One day these officers could under estimate the wrong mentally ill person, and be killed for that miscalculation.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
3) Should an officer change his tactics based on age and gender of the criminal?
YES of course you damn well should !!!!! so youd punch an old frail man like my grandfather would you , if you had done I guarantee you would have wished you hadnt .

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

Maybe he was a TSA employee before going to the academy. They search everyone indiscriminately it seems (with some exceptions - they arent all bad) but it seems like they like to pat down old ladies and little kids just as much as that nervous 20-something man of middle eastern descent.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Ok so your implying that your grandfather is feisty and would kick some arse.. EXACTLY MY POINT!!!!
You start underestimating citizens and you'll get killed. If you get behind the wheel of a vehicle drunk, your a moron. If you get pulled over and run from the police, your a moron that is only concerned with your well being, and will kill someone to get out of trouble.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Don't misunderstand me.. I am all for racial profiling.. Completely 100% for it.. I am NOT a personal fan of police... But, I also understand the extremely chaotic situation cops are in. Cops are getting killed at an increasing rate, in turn, you will see police brutality rates climb... This will get the public up in arms... The public will fight back, causing an equal reaction from the police.. This is a vicious cycle that is only going to get worse.

I am not defending all police.. I am injecting myself into this situation..

I have lost friends to drunk driving and had lost my best friend of 20+ to a 15 year old kid running from the police, over a simple driving without a license charge.

If this woman hadn't run from the police, I would be all for crucifying this cop! But... this dolt decided her freedom for the night, was worth risking other peoples lives. She could have taken countless lives, all in a misjudgment of a turn or a stop.. It is not her right to risk all of our lives!
edit on 1/27/2011 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Not to defend the policeman's actions (just explain) but when you run from the police they will chase you and that triggers an adrenaline response (flight or fight or in this case pursue and fight) and when they catch you they have all of this adrenaline and are ready for a fight from the person running and often that person will resist and put their (cop's) life in danger so they (many being emotionally immature and ill trained) will react according to those instincts (doesnt help if some where quasi-bullies beforehand or feel "dissed" that someone tried to run away from their authority) and quickly resort to using excessive force. Best bet: dont run or have someone there to video it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
If you get behind the wheel of a vehicle drunk, your a moron. If you get pulled over and run from the police, your a moron that is only concerned with your well being, and will kill someone to get out of trouble.

yes I agree but like our resident cop has said there are morons in any profession ,
just because someone is a moron does not give anyone the right to punch them .

guys dont you understand if the cop had used a little restraint we WOULDN'T be here questioning him
we would be here APPLAUDING him for saving lives as peacefully as possible .
We dont hate cops,, we hate the idiots in the police that abuse their power !!!! Its simple.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Please use quotes when copying and pasting my words.

Do you also understand we wouldn't be here if ...
1) The woman didn't get behind the wheel of a car drunk
2) The woman didn't run from the police
3) She would have put her car in park and complied with police commands.

Nobody acted honorably here... But, this is now being dropped on the cops shoulders when it is clearly a conglomerate of bad decisions from a few people.

I would not be a good police officer... I could see myself doing the exact same thing to her, maybe even worse.. I am infuriated by people that risk other peoples lives.. MY LIFE IS NOT YOURS TO GAMBLE WITH !!
edit on 1/27/2011 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Ok so your implying that your grandfather is feisty and would kick some arse.. EXACTLY MY POINT!!!!
No im not saying that mate im saying i would get feisty lol
when people prey on the weak i get angry thats all im saying

ps all these people talkin about oh he just jabbed her , you dont have to hit someone hard on the head to do serious damage what if you strike someone near the side of their temple ?

were going round in circles here I think ,
IMO BOTH the cop and the women are wrong here !!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by TheGhostViking[/i.

Nobody acted honorably here
yes mate as i just posted
if xcathdra had just said what you have , that both parties are in the wrong I dont think there would be so much discussion here !
NONE of us ever have defended drink driving OR running from cops .
Thanks for your post ressurection im glad we have come to a similar conclusion .

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

No, X is saying that "legally" he is not wrong.. Seriously, he was well within his rights.. We can argue all day the fact that she was a 59 year old woman.. Legally, he did not break any laws and acted within his rights..

We can argue till 2012 about what we think... She sealed the deal when she ran and then struck the police car. A simply traffic stop became a felony stop - then the minute she bumped the police car, she entered into the realm of assault with a motor vehicle.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking

No im not saying that mate im saying i would get feisty lol
when people prey on the weak i get angry thats all im saying

ps all these people talkin about oh he just jabbed her , you dont have to hit someone hard on the head to do serious damage what if you strike someone near the side of their temple ?

were going round in circles here I think ,
IMO BOTH the cop and the women are wrong here !!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This is a trite cliche...but "two wrongs dont make a right."

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Altho in mathematics a negative times a negative is a positive and (according to Machiavelli) it can be argued that the "ends justifies the means" (not that I totally agree with that one - it is situational). In this case, the cop's end was subduing her (and justified to himself using excessive force to achieve it).

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Just another " over the top " officer, overstepping his boundaries! As usual, the officer in question, and the lawyers, will continue to " excuse " his actions as " in the line of duty ". I really can't wait till something triggers the public to fight back, and start putting these LEO's back in their place....I personally can't wait to use some MMA on their asses!

Not to mention, maybe even some of the 2ND Amendment too? We shall see~
edit on 27-1-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Is driving a risk? Are there possible risks when fishing, hunting, camping? Everything people do has risks?

MY LIFE IS NOT YOURS TO GAMBLE WITH !!

Your above quote is asinine! They very fact you get in a car or ride a bike, all has risks, so wouldn't it be safe to assume, that your risking your own life to begin with? Its nobodies gamble on your life, especially when you have already taken the risks to begin with~

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

With many returning veterans joining the police force it wont get better any time soon. Do you think that these men in Iraq in Afghanistan (where they really are in harm;s way) respect the "natural rights" of the citizens of those countries? Once you get used to kicking down doors to search for weapons and shooting people who didnt immediately stop when approaching a checkpoint then it is easier to abuse your own citizens in less serious confrontations. IMO returning soldiers need to be more thoroughly debriefed and reprogrammed.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Ok, using that same mentality - Just another self entitled middle aged drunk, thinking she is somehow above the law, finding out the hard way she is no different than a 40 year old male.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You are ignorant! She was off her mental meds.. She had been drinking (allegedly).. When she refused to stop, she did so, thinking she could escape. Any professional psychologist will tell you, at this point fight or flight rules, so does self preservation. She would have run you down in an instant to get away. Adrenaline + fear + chemical additives = you dead and her running like the wind..

Did you read my earlier post?

15 year old pulled over - Cop gets out, and 15 yr old flees - cop chases - 15 yr old gets up to 70 and kills my best friend..All this damage and pain, simply because this waste of life, didn't want to go to jail or get a ticket.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join