It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybertron
reply to post by Xcathdra

So what there was a midget hiding in the backseat with a ak47?

Whether ot not there is, we wiil approach all situation with the mindset expect the worst and hope for the best. And yes, there have been incdents where people in trunks have killed cops approaching a vehicle.

The other thing im going to point out is just because the initial observation suggested DWI, its possible it couldhave been something else. The erratic driving might be because she just killed someone and she was trying to come to terms with that when the cop decided to pull her over.

In the cops mind, its a possible DWI. In the suspects mind its "Oh craap, they already found the body, they arent taking me alive."

Also, Im not owrried about the AK... I am worried about a cell phone gun, zip gun, taser (some states allow civilians to carry them, and it does not matter if we are wearing a bullet resistance vest, it can still arc through over 2 inches of clothing.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

And ONCE AGAIN what you say has nothing to do with what happened...

Firstly the could smeel odours from the car as the guy had to break the window.
The report said erraitc driving no drunken driving,
The whole story on patrolling and looking for drunken drivers from bars ect, means nothing.....

and when did i say all cops are bad and evil?
Can you read?
if so check previous post.................

Please if you have something that actually has anything to do with what happened in HER case offer it up...
Dont use your cases and stories to make her look bad... thats all your trying to do...
Fact is your cases and what your cops do has nothing to do with what happened that night.

They tried to stop her for erratic driving late at night, she didnt want to, when they boxed her in she didnt want to open the window, so he broke it and kept beating her in the face,

Your actually making people more ignorant....

The masses agree with me on this one friend...
They few people that say hey she was drunk she deserved it doesnt even know really what happened and for what she is getting charged for...
I was wrong to believe you had any sense, because from the previous post it seemes all you do is line your argument with situations YOUR IN, and that actually has nothing to do with that cops actions.....
and if you can honestly tell me that if that where you, You would also have jumped in like that and beatin an old lady... then you are a useless cop.....

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

And i understand you, when you say the cops may use exssessive force when needed i dont disagree, but when you stick up for a cop like this one,
it makes me wonder , is it gangsters running your country? This cop makes good cops look bad.....

Please do not put words in my mouth. I said his actions, based on the video and reports, was within law. And again, people seem to be missing this point. My argument has been what the officer perceived when he used force. . Just because something is caught on video, does not mean its showing the entire incident.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

err.r......r.r.r.r.r...... if you worried about guns you wouldnt storm the car like that... Bad policing........
and excuses excuses.................

Now she could have killed a person and dumped the body? really? are you serious??????? if that even crossed the cops mind the wow he thinks toooo much.......
its like the old saying ive read when i was in training,,, " were on the battle field and the war is tough, bullets are flying and weve had enough, the night comes ang goes the day rumbles and roars, the war is over, but wait who is that in the distance,hes running towards us, quickly quickly shoot him shoot him, weve had enough....."

The guy running to the soldiers was a civilian that thought they could help........ Making stories is a bad thing....
ANY GOOD COP would know that......

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

And once again your ignorant............

The links you provide says one guy doesnt think he did wrong "BUT" the invistigation will continue....
Come on M U S T I S P E L L I T F O R Y O U

the case is not over why are you being ignorant and stubborn?

Update

UHP trooper punches woman after car chase

OGDEN, Utah (ABC 4 News) – A Utah Highway Patrol trooper is on paid leave resulting from an incident after a car chase in August.

Police say on August 28th 2010, Darla Jo Wright was driving her car erratically and evaded troopers after they attempted to pull her over.

UHP troopers were able to stop the chase by performing a “pit maneuver” that caused Wright’s silver 2000 Pontiac to lose control.

According the UHP, their is still an internal ivestigation ongoing.

Utah Highway Patrol Spokesman Brian Hyer said UHP could not comment on this specific case but stated an investigation is ongoing, "“We do have the ability and responsibility to hold people accountable for their actions in any case where there may be issues that are serious and we take that responsibility very seriously.”

The Prosecuting attorney for Weber County reviewed the dash cam footage as well as the Troopers actions and came to the conclusion:

The Weber County Attorney’s office looked at the video along with other evidence. The county attorney told ABC 4 he did not see any actions from the trooper that warranted a Class A misdemeanor or felony for him to prosecute.

As far as charges against the suspect.

He (Weber County PA) is in the process of prosecuting Wright for her actions that led to the pursuit.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Your point was the use of force the officer used, and where did i put words in your mouth?
this argument is like crossing a river without a bridge......

And yes the video DOES show visiblity of pretty much everything they need to see, so dont say ifs and buts...
it makes you look stupid....

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cybertron

Ok.. I am done with the exchange.. You have no concept of how Law Enforcement in the US works. You dont care to learn how it works, Officers actually explained and answerd your questions, and you disregard them and call them names.

You have called me an idiot, and now you are saying I am ignorant when it comes to my job.

I really do not need to be lectured by a person who has no concept of how my job works. Tell ya what, I will stick to doing my job, which is law enforcement, and you can stick to doing your job, which is to apparently offer up insults and to play monday morning quarterback.

If you decide at some point you want to have a civil discussion, let me know and I will be more than happy to apply. Absent that, hav fun ranting in this thread by yourself.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

The links you provide says one guy doesnt think he did wrong "BUT" the invistigation will continue....

Update

OGDEN, Utah (ABC 4 News) – A Utah Highway Patrol trooper is on paid leave resulting from an incident after a car chase in August.

Police say on August 28th 2010, Darla Jo Wright was driving her car erratically and evaded troopers after they attempted to pull her over.

UHP troopers were able to stop the chase by performing a “pit maneuver” that caused Wright’s silver 2000 Pontiac to lose control.

Utah Highway Patrol Spokesman Brian Hyer said UHP could not comment on this specific case but stated an investigation is ongoing, "“We do have the ability and responsibility to hold people accountable for their actions in any case where there may be issues that are serious and we take that responsibility very seriously.”

The Prosecuting attorney for Weber County reviewed the dash cam footage as well as the Troopers actions and came to the conclusion:

The Weber County Attorney’s office looked at the video along with other evidence. The county attorney told ABC 4 he did not see any actions from the trooper that warranted a Class A misdemeanor or felony for him to prosecute.

He (Weber County PA) is in the process of prosecuting Wright for her actions that led to the pursuit.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I can keep bolding out your comments....
esp the ones saying the invistagtion is still going on.......

there is no verdict besides yours.... which doesnt really matter anyway

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Shame the baby needs a nap?

well you cant have an argument if there is only your side...
Problem i think is you believe your right in all manner, and the very few people who stick to your belief are ignorant aswell...... i really dont care how your things work,,, There is still right and wrong..........
the Americans should know this more than anyone...."is it right for a iraq woman to be publicaly lashed for wearing shorts? just because there law is like that... no my friend that is gangsterism and i actually thought most countries where beyond that way of thinking..... but from how you explain things to how you persieve thingsm i believe otherwise now...

Stubborn people are the downfall of a nation........ esp when they get giving power....

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Just like the cop had a civil discussion with the 53 year old granny that your all justifying?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Update

It proves my point,,,, If its not YOUR way you get upset..... That is the problem with this whole situation, the cop never had his way so he moered the lady, Your not having the argument go your way, so your gettin upset with me.... and as for name calling, i Give just as much as i take.....

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Ok.. I am done with the exchange.. You have no concept of how Law Enforcement in the US works. You dont care to learn how it works, Officers actually explained and answerd your questions, and you disregard them and call them names.

You have called me an idiot, and now you are saying I am ignorant when it comes to my job.

I really do not need to be lectured by a person who has no concept of how my job works. Tell ya what, I will stick to doing my job, which is law enforcement, and you can stick to doing your job, which is to apparently offer up insults and to play monday morning quarterback.

If you decide at some point you want to have a civil discussion, let me know and I will be more than happy to apply. Absent that, hav fun ranting in this thread by yourself.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Coming from a man whos picture say's - Government, Lying to the public since...........

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
is there any question that using a woman's head for a punching bag is over the top?

the only question is, did he have an option?

yes he did, therefore he should have taken that other option.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
It's quite obvious she was resisting!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazz-14

Hahahahahahaha

I like this comment made me actually laugh out loud in the office....

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazz-14

Well...he figured that she was thinking about resisting so he had to use extra force to subdue her. He is not trained to read minds but she didnt stop and comply immediately so he had to pre-emptively use force to control the situation in advance. (If that doesnt work then he was "threatened" by -------------------------[fill in the blank]).

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenAlpha
As i dont agree with the actions of the Officers in this case, We all know what flashing lights & sirens mean right? PULL OVER DUHHH!!!, so if are not smart enough to do that you deserve to get what you get, Im sorry but stupid people should get treated like stupid animals.......
First off treated like stupid animals????? And what if she did pull over cops lie alot! they will all lie just to get that raise or promotion.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join