It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inadvertent Time Travellers

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by remyrange

When you view the night sky, you can notice the stars and the orbit doing this, it is very subtle; The same with daytime clouds, it's almost like a shift, has anyone else noticed this before, maybe thse are "time slips", although small in comparison to peoples' experiences with them.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thanks for putting it up, very interesting indeed.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I couldn't read everything so I'll just say it jus in case no1 else has said it, youtube charley chaplin film time traveler and theres a really old film with a troll woman or man crossdresser talking on what appears to be a cell phone. Though there was one plausible excuse as there was a hearing aid invention at the time that you talk like a phone, but what's really weird is she's walking alone and if you were to compare it to modern day times it looks exactly like someone talking on the phone laughing and such. You really have to watch it yourself it's kind of odd and supposedly it's on every copy that people can buy cause it really was original film.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Interesting videos..thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chipkin9
reply to post by remyrange

When you view the night sky, you can notice the stars and the orbit doing this, it is very subtle; The same with daytime clouds, it's almost like a shift, has anyone else noticed this before, maybe thse are "time slips", although small in comparison to peoples' experiences with them.
brilliant post

edit on 1-2-2011 by Eyes4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Eyes4Life

WHAT IS TIME? We can measure it and slice it up into millennia or nanoseconds, and we can sense our experience through it. The Encarta encyclopedia can define it as a “conscious experience of duration, the period during which an action or event occurs...” and we can even abstractly label it the fourth dimension. But all that really doesn’t bring us any closer to a true understanding of what time is... or how it works.
What we do have are some very peculiar stories of rare instances in which time doesn’t seem to flow in the way we normally experience it. People report gaps in time, jumps through time, missing time, and perhaps even glimpses into past or future events.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by intj123

Yep, It's been discussed many times in this thread. And in great detail in this thread also.

Anyway, here is what I think explains away the supposed time traveler as this is what I believe they was using (Not a mobile phone).

Yea I mentioned that but I'm still left with the question of who she was talking to? She was alone, but clearly having a conversation.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intj123
I couldn't read everything so I'll just say it jus in case no1 else has said it, youtube charley chaplin film time traveler and theres a really old film with a troll woman or man crossdresser talking on what appears to be a cell phone. Though there was one plausible excuse as there was a hearing aid invention at the time that you talk like a phone, but what's really weird is she's walking alone and if you were to compare it to modern day times it looks exactly like someone talking on the phone laughing and such. You really have to watch it yourself it's kind of odd and supposedly it's on every copy that people can buy cause it really was original film.

That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I came to this thread, but I couldn't remember who the Charlie Chaplin was lo. thx I'm gonna have a look at that again!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

These days I deal in old banknotes/bills on eBay (username gatos2000). I have presently three $2 bills in my stock: Two dated 1976, one of which is the special re-issue to mark Thomas Jefferson`t birthday - this has been hand-stamped "Corona, CA". - and the other one dated 2003A. And I live in Spain!

I didn`t even know that $2 bills were particularly rare. 8-)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Tomorrow I will get back on that street where we got lost 3 years ago...
I'm realizing that I'm re-living the same issues I was living before March 19 2008...
Its a little freaky...

And I'm starting to really realize that my life greatly changed since that day I was on that road...
A whole period of my life started...

I kinda think I will get lost again and find out myself in another reality...Similar to mine except for that big thing right there...

The first time I got a new person always around my friends and the strange sun light that was getting me freaked out.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
I'm realizing that I'm re-living the same issues I was living before March 19 2008...
Its a little freaky...

And I'm starting to really realize that my life greatly changed since that day I was on that road...

I kinda think I will get lost again and find out myself in another reality...Similar to mine except for that big thing right there...

Sounds interesting! Let us know how it all turns out.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurReality

Originally posted by pr3l33t
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Wow, really clever response. Given that you obviously didn't take the time to scroll THREE POSTS DOWN in the first thread, I'll just copy its content here for you to read:

Marketing campaign
Read about it here

A blog appears on the internet, written by a man named Håkan Nordkvist who claims to have traveled to the future and that he has proof. Later, a video surfaces. Apparently, this man crawled under his sink and into the future where he met himself and took a mobile phone video of the event. The video is viewed thousands of times and debated by many. The problem? The entire matter was conceived by AMF Pensions to market to a “younger” generation. This video is part of a portfolio of “guerrilla” marketing campaigns propagated by Forsman & Bodenfors.

That video is a commercial. It's won awards. Also, it's not real. Because it's a commercial.

Hahahahahahahha, someones gonna feel like a goof!

ANYWAY OP, i didn't get to say before, but thanks for posting this, i enjoyed all the stories! I don't think it out of the realm of thinking to suggest that there are wrinkles in time, or vortexes that occur, and in certain places at certain times anyone could this phenomena.

I was referring to some of the other stories on the thread of yours OP, of course i know that video was a marketing campaign, i have to say it was a interesting one.

Thanks for the thread OP i really enjoyed the stories or the experiences by those who went through this phenomena

I guess you misunderstand me there a bit OP.

edit on 2-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I guess you misunderstand me there a bit OP.

Just so you know, the guy you're replying to Isn't the OP. I am.

In fact, I don't think I've replied to you at all in this thread so far tbh, lol.
edit on 3-2-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
Its a little freaky...

The first time I got a new person always around my friends and the strange sun light that was getting me freaked out.

Okay, I'm officially freaking out.

This time, on my work place this morning, a woman which made me terribly afraid came in.
Last time there was that man in the mall...

We went there and suddenly my father was again very very confused about the street to take, there was a very intense fog and we maybe went lost for a while.

What I personally noticed is that there were little lights in the sky, like points of light that were appearing in front of us for a few minutes.

We enter the city and my father starts freaking out. He is all :

" This wasn't there ! "
" This thing is new ! "
" I remember this other thing differently ! "

Than I ask him " When was last time we went in here? ", he told me less than 2 years ago.
It was 2008, early 2008 in my memory. This for me makes at least 2 years and 11 months.

We went into a little hospital/doctor office...
There was a new woman I've never seen before that immediately recognized me and my father and was knowing about my father's job.
I wonder where the other woman I used to see is now.

During the visit, something strange happened: they tell me nothing has changed, I have difficulty moving the neck as usual ( I have a syndrome of the neck that is something never seen before ) and the doctor told me he found out two other people with my neck syndrome.
But they have a curved back, I have NOT.

I have not a curved back. Really? My memory tells me a little different. I do had a little problem about scholiosis and curved back.
But I'm not completely sure now.

Also my father tells us the story that he discovered this problem after 9/11; when I was a child before the end of 2001 I was able to move myself like a contorsionist.
Than suddenly my neck was found out to be very rigid and I had difficulty moving the head to see my belly.

In the shop where I met the bad man 3 years ago, in the mall, before there was a man that was owning the shop...Now there are two young girls.

We come home in our city and suddenly there is this hot sun, a sun I don't feel this hot since October.
My father too notices there is more light and more hot than usual.
Than we see a bunch of trees missing where they were always been.

THAN, I see the list of names of my neighborhood and I see a new name that this morning wasn't there.
A new neighbor , all of a sudden.

I wonder how many changes we will notice today.
edit on 3-2-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
My girlfriend had an experience that freaks her out every time I or she brings it up.

Long story short... She was driving up a mountain in Pennsylvania to her family's cabin. She ended up driving to the top of the mountain quicker than usual, but drove the same speed as usual. So she she turned around and descended down the mountain and then drove into the the driveway of the cabin, Her parents yelled at her for coming from the top of the mountain and asked her what she was doing. My gf said she didn't see the cabin... Tunrs out the family had been outside for hours with a 10 ft blazing bonfire. It was night, but there's no way she could have missed the fire and the cabin for that matter.

She said while going up the mountain she felt somewhat weird.
She was with her sister and cousin.... they all recall the story the same.. all watching for the cabin as they went up the mountain until the reached the top to stop and look, then stare at each other in astonishment..

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have always enjoyed the stories of time travel. Keep in mind, I really never believed until this past year, but something always draws me to these stories and articals online..

I remember reading someone ask about traveling back in time, why we havent seen anyone yet.. Maybe we have and just not realized it... Anything is possible..

There is something that cant be explained.. Until that key is found and unlockes that door to that part of our minds, we may never know.. Too many people have had something happen, seen something, done something, or know of someone, for this not to be true...

Thanks again for the stories..

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I like the idea of time travel, or time slips, or parallel universes. I wouyld like to share some stories of my own, which sadly, only the people involved in them (myself, my friends(s), and work colleagues could confirm).

But anyway, I'll write them down and you can make of them what you will.

1.) Early 1990s I'm about to listen to the football (soccer) on the radio with my friend. We have only just got in from being in town, but just before I turn the radio on, I look at my friend and say "while we were away, something happened"...then looked at him and said "Clough has scored for Liverpool". Anyway, we turn the radio on, and the first thing we hear is from the presenter of the sports show and he says "While we were away, something happened", this is followed by another commentator who reports that Clough has just scored for Liverpool. My friend and I still talk about this moment.

2.) Late 1990s, I wake up suddenly at my Grandads. I tell me mum of my dream, saying it felt real (I have lots of strange dreams really). I explained that on December 18th 2001, My nan wouyld die in the kitchen. Somebody would walk in and find her collapsed on the floor with gravy spilled all over her. Anyway, My mum knew that Nan only did gravy on the day we had chips (chips and gravy was our favourite meal lol). Being sceptical, my mum dismissed it, but still kept the date in her mind, as on that day, she especially went to nans to make sure nothing bad happened. Anyway, for a while, it was as if nothing bad would happen. Then a loud noise in the kitchen made my mum run in. On the floor lay my Nan. Gravy was all around her. However, she lived. She had had a stroke, which she never recovered from and would eventually die of a few weeks later. My mum has refused to listen to any of my dreams since.

3.) My mum was once looking through her diary as I was walking past to leave through the front door. I stopped and said, "what page were you just on". She looked at me with a face of fear (which did actually make me sad), She could not remember the page as she was flicking through at the time and was not on a specific time, so i asked her to flick through again. I looked away, then said 'Stop'. It was November 12th. I told her I could see flames in New York. A plane. My mum looked at me as I turned around and said "they won't be attacking New York again" (referring to the alleged Terrorist attacks). Needless to say, she kept a mark in her diary, and on that day, as we all know, a plane did crash in NY.

4.) I used to work in Cyprus, and in 2008, a female colleague of mine was heading into town for a night out. I was staying in. But as she left, I called her back. I warned her to stay clear of a man in a red coat with green sleeves as I can already feel his negative presence. This was summer in Cyprus so any man in a coat would be easy to spot. I told her to call me if she felt she was in trouble. Anyway, 1am just passed and she called me. following her was a man wearing a red/green sleeves. She sounded panicked, so I told her to cross the raod away from the wasteland and head into the hotel where I would come and get her. I got her OK, and bought her back. the man was nowhere to be seen (maybe shhe just wanted a free lift!), but when she got back, she asked how I knew not only the man would follow her, but also that when she called, she was standing next to the wasteland, which only stretched a small part of the main road.

5.) On a school trip to the woods in the early 90s, the class group were all heading back to the bus to take us back to school, when one of the girls started crying. It became apparant that she had left her purse with money (less than a pound as it stood), so we all went back in the woods to look for it. Standing there I felt something tugging me to a certain direction, and even tho nothing was clearly tugging at me, I followed it all the same. A few hundred yards later, I could hear my teacher shouting at me to come back, but I was transfixed to a spot on the ground. I looked down, and underneath a fallen brown leaf was a purse (no where near where any of us had been earlier), I shouted "I found it" and walked back with it in my hand, only for me to get there and be accused of stealing it in the first place!

6.) Sat in a car with some friends one time, I closed my eyes and saw a man looking at himself in a mirror. then the car we were in ran him over. I opened my eyes, startled. I told the driver to slow down as he was 'impressing' us with his driving. He refused, and just laughed. then I saw a bend coming in the road, and the bend seemed to be famiar to me. I knew, somehow, this was an important bend. I screamed to slow down, which seemed to work, as the driver, realising I was being serious, slowed down, as we went round the bend, a man standing next to his car ( I presume) was adjusting his wing mirror, when it fell off in his hand (what he was doing I dont know), but he fell out into the middle of the road. the driver of the car I was in slammed his breaks and missed him by about four feet.

I have other moments too, I wont bore you with, this is my first post and already longer than I anticipated. I do tend to see and hear lots of shadowy figures and 'ghosts' if you will. When I was young, I had an imaginary friend who I called 'Thinking'. Sounds weird, but he took me flying at night and spoke to me about how I should be. Looking back, I may have been dreaming all of this, or it could be an out of body experience, I was too young to pay attention really. I do remember what he said though, and who he introduced me to. And I still feel him now, although he only seems to talk when I call for him, which is not often. I went to a medium at a church once, and she looked at me and said "Tere are 3 inside of you, I feel them. Its like a great battle.", This startled my mother (again) as she was, and still is, a regular church goer. Although she ignores mediums now lol.

Anyway, like I said, I have waffled on for far too long. hope you enjoyed reading it.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Wow,wow,wow . I have just read the thread from start to finish and what a lovely way to spend the morning . Thanks to OP and to everybody else who submitted their experiences .

S+F

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
From what I can understand, time/reality appears to be "layered". As the Earth makes a circle around the sun, as the Earth rotates, time itself is related to the movement of the planet. As time progresses, day by day, there is a new "layer" added to reality. If I were to leave an object in the same physical location for 10 years, then that object would have "seen" 10 years. If we take all that time and place it in a stack, like a stack of papers, we can look at each leaf and see a different "slice" of time. It occurs like this, on a planet, because the orbit is predictable and repeats itself. Certain areas have what can be called time vortexes, and if the physical items are relativley the same, and there is a relativley predictable pattern of behaviour (i.e. a bench) then it can be possible to temporarily "cross" to a past moment.
edit on 5-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join