It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inadvertent Time Travellers

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
No responses to my above post??

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by teradactus
I like the idea of time travel, or time slips, or parallel universes. I wouyld like to share some stories of my own, which sadly, only the people involved in them (myself, my friends(s), and work colleagues could confirm).

But anyway, I'll write them down and you can make of them what you will.

1.) Early 1990s I'm about to listen to the football (soccer) on the radio with my friend. We have only just got in from being in town, but just before I turn the radio on, I look at my friend and say "while we were away, something happened"...then looked at him and said "Clough has scored for Liverpool". Anyway, we turn the radio on, and the first thing we hear is from the presenter of the sports show and he says "While we were away, something happened", this is followed by another commentator who reports that Clough has just scored for Liverpool. My friend and I still talk about this moment.

2.) Late 1990s, I wake up suddenly at my Grandads. I tell me mum of my dream, saying it felt real (I have lots of strange dreams really). I explained that on December 18th 2001, My nan wouyld die in the kitchen. Somebody would walk in and find her collapsed on the floor with gravy spilled all over her. Anyway, My mum knew that Nan only did gravy on the day we had chips (chips and gravy was our favourite meal lol). Being sceptical, my mum dismissed it, but still kept the date in her mind, as on that day, she especially went to nans to make sure nothing bad happened. Anyway, for a while, it was as if nothing bad would happen. Then a loud noise in the kitchen made my mum run in. On the floor lay my Nan. Gravy was all around her. However, she lived. She had had a stroke, which she never recovered from and would eventually die of a few weeks later. My mum has refused to listen to any of my dreams since.

3.) My mum was once looking through her diary as I was walking past to leave through the front door. I stopped and said, "what page were you just on". She looked at me with a face of fear (which did actually make me sad), She could not remember the page as she was flicking through at the time and was not on a specific time, so i asked her to flick through again. I looked away, then said 'Stop'. It was November 12th. I told her I could see flames in New York. A plane. My mum looked at me as I turned around and said "they won't be attacking New York again" (referring to the alleged Terrorist attacks). Needless to say, she kept a mark in her diary, and on that day, as we all know, a plane did crash in NY.

4.) I used to work in Cyprus, and in 2008, a female colleague of mine was heading into town for a night out. I was staying in. But as she left, I called her back. I warned her to stay clear of a man in a red coat with green sleeves as I can already feel his negative presence. This was summer in Cyprus so any man in a coat would be easy to spot. I told her to call me if she felt she was in trouble. Anyway, 1am just passed and she called me. following her was a man wearing a red/green sleeves. She sounded panicked, so I told her to cross the raod away from the wasteland and head into the hotel where I would come and get her. I got her OK, and bought her back. the man was nowhere to be seen (maybe shhe just wanted a free lift!), but when she got back, she asked how I knew not only the man would follow her, but also that when she called, she was standing next to the wasteland, which only stretched a small part of the main road.

5.) On a school trip to the woods in the early 90s, the class group were all heading back to the bus to take us back to school, when one of the girls started crying. It became apparant that she had left her purse with money (less than a pound as it stood), so we all went back in the woods to look for it. Standing there I felt something tugging me to a certain direction, and even tho nothing was clearly tugging at me, I followed it all the same. A few hundred yards later, I could hear my teacher shouting at me to come back, but I was transfixed to a spot on the ground. I looked down, and underneath a fallen brown leaf was a purse (no where near where any of us had been earlier), I shouted "I found it" and walked back with it in my hand, only for me to get there and be accused of stealing it in the first place!

6.) Sat in a car with some friends one time, I closed my eyes and saw a man looking at himself in a mirror. then the car we were in ran him over. I opened my eyes, startled. I told the driver to slow down as he was 'impressing' us with his driving. He refused, and just laughed. then I saw a bend coming in the road, and the bend seemed to be famiar to me. I knew, somehow, this was an important bend. I screamed to slow down, which seemed to work, as the driver, realising I was being serious, slowed down, as we went round the bend, a man standing next to his car ( I presume) was adjusting his wing mirror, when it fell off in his hand (what he was doing I dont know), but he fell out into the middle of the road. the driver of the car I was in slammed his breaks and missed him by about four feet.

I have other moments too, I wont bore you with, this is my first post and already longer than I anticipated. I do tend to see and hear lots of shadowy figures and 'ghosts' if you will. When I was young, I had an imaginary friend who I called 'Thinking'. Sounds weird, but he took me flying at night and spoke to me about how I should be. Looking back, I may have been dreaming all of this, or it could be an out of body experience, I was too young to pay attention really. I do remember what he said though, and who he introduced me to. And I still feel him now, although he only seems to talk when I call for him, which is not often. I went to a medium at a church once, and she looked at me and said "Tere are 3 inside of you, I feel them. Its like a great battle.", This startled my mother (again) as she was, and still is, a regular church goer. Although she ignores mediums now lol.

Anyway, like I said, I have waffled on for far too long. hope you enjoyed reading it.

wow, these stories make my day, really

of course, these above are precognition..

my 2 ct´s: all time happens simultaneously, past, present, future, just our brain functions linear.
all reality is in fact a possible reality, a probability , so there are millions.
that means, all actions taken by one person are still there in a timeline and have not dissapeared.

possible realities, like watching an old foto from the past, and imagining to having lived in another way, is a possible life in a parallel dimension.

edit on 4-5-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

Agreed, I can’t ever bring myself to believe any supposed “time travelling stories” admittedly mainly because they just don’t seem plausible in anyway what so ever. When It comes to the time slip stories however, which are of course very different, I find they are much more believable to say the least..

Many of them are actually vastly similar also giving more credibility, IMO. Not to forget, almost everyone has some sort of story to tell of a time slip they may have experienced at some point also, myself included.

It really is a fascinating topic to ponder over, I just wish more studies went into this phenomenon - one which is undoubtedly occurring.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of a story I read earlier this year. A 32 yr old mother in the UK awOke one morning, apparently with extreme amnesia. Claiming that she when she went to bed, she was a 15 yr old schoolgirl. Apparently she freaked out when she discovered she was actually a mother in her 30s. Puts an interesting spin on the concept of time vortexes/slips etc. We thnk we know how we would react if you woke up like she did, but do we really? For all intents and purposes this woman did time travel, in a very broad sense of the term. But if her story is on the level then it would have been seemed instantaneous to her. I'm certain that would be my first thought if I were her. Here's the link to the story. Can someone repost if it isn't posted cOrrectly.
S&f to the Op thought provOking stuff.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidFusion

www.thesun.co.uk...

Link for the above story

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Seems like you've figured out how to link it, and kudos to you for that

I've read the story (here on ATS actually) about a month back and was baffled by how it can be true. Doctors blamed temporary amnesia, but it's hard to say one way or the other without first having some sort of medical training. She apparently overcame it a few weeks later and had a full recollection of everything.

She remembered though, while waking up in this state, everyday things like how to drive (if she last remembered age 15, would she be on the road and driving at that age?) but couldn't remember her own son's face.

On the 9/11 topics people have posted and having precognitive "dreams" so to speak, it reminds me of my 9/11 story. This is 100% completely real, and freaks me right out to this day. I must make note that I am from Ontario, Canada, not too far from NY.

I was in highschool, grade 9, sitting in art class, it was first class of the day so still pretty early in the morning. I loved my art teacher, she was a very inspiring woman. She gave us an art project to work on that day, which was to create an image that showed both "warm" colours (red/orange/yellow) and "cold" colours (blue/purple/green) in the same scene, it had to be as detailed as possible.

I began to draw a downtown scene, a skyline so to speak, with large buildings, a main road, etc, and I began to colour it as all the significant "cool" areas. Then I pondered how to create warmth within my photo, and decided to colour two of the buildings on fire using obviously the warm colours. I proceeded to go all-out and nearing completion, my teacher comes by my desk to check out my artwork, holding up my drawing for the rest of the class to get an idea as to what we should be doing. She was impressed by my work.

She left the room a short time after in a hurry after I guess getting a message on the intercom (I wasn't much paying attention until she came back in the room frantically), and she returned dragging in behind her a television set on a trolley (the school had limited amount of tv's for use, so they put them on trollies for easy transportation from one class to another). She plugs the tv into the wall, hooked up the cable cords, and flicked on the tv to a news channel... and sure enough, the scene shown on that tv at that exact moment... was exactly what I had drawn in my picture, but in real life, just before the first tower collapsed.

My teacher immediately made me rip it up, all worried and freaked out and kinda half-blaming me for what happened in NY that day, and encouraged me to draw something else. I decided maybe I shouldn't, and ended up getting a zero-grade on that assignment, which affected my final grade entirely.

EDIT TO ADD - Thanks to the OP, this thread had me thinking all day long about the possibilities of time travel. They seem endless. I can't recall a time in my life when a time slip may have occurred, it'd be very interesting to experience in my opinion. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention.
edit on 30/8/2011 by andriod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Wow that's a really interesting story. I've never heard about it before. Here's an interesting snippet for others who might be interested also:

I fell asleep as a bold, brassy, know-it-all 15-year-old — and woke up a 32-year-old single mum living in a council house.
The last thing I remember was falling asleep in my lower bunk bed, dreaming about a boy in my class.

When I woke up, this little boy appeared and started calling me 'Mum'. That's when I started to scream. I didn't know who he was. I didn't think he was much younger than me. And I certainly didn't remember giving birth to him.

I began sobbing uncontrollably. To say I was petrified was an understatement. I just wanted my mum. I couldn't get my head around going to bed one night and waking up in a different century.

Naomi, who lives in Manchester with 11-year-old son Leo, added: "In my mind, John Major was still the Prime Minister and the only President Bush I'd ever heard of was George Senior.
"Facebook, Google and YouTube sounded like they were completely made up

"And the first time I saw Leo play on his Xbox and interact with the TV, I was so shocked I spat out my tea."
Naomi, now 35, was diagnosed as suffering from transient global amnesia — a form of acute memory loss brought on by stress

Of course It's not time traveling to us but to her it certainly was. I can't imagine what went through her head as well, It's amazing and utterly terrifying at the same time.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Timeslips ftw XD here's a documentary about them

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by asper

Oh cool. Here it is embedded for others who may be interested as well.

Time Slips / Time Travel, Part 1

Time Slips / Time Travel, Part 2

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Great stories, although I've read the lady in the car many yrs ago.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Which ones have been debunked and where is your source, so we can read?
THanks!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
A time-slip is different than a time-gap.

People who experienced a time-slip have had encounters, or 'trips' to other-time locations,
where they interact with objects, people, and scenes that unexpectedly appeared- and then later
just as unexpectedly disappeared. These kinds of things are always interesting to hear about, and
would make a good TV show or miniseries. As to them being true... don't know.

On the other hand, people who have time-gaps have just lost small or big pieces of their
life. Minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and even years are unexplicitly unaccounted for, with no
recollection by the victim. For example the girl just mentioned in the posts above. The victim
would 'wake up'... and find small, or large changes in their life.... things found in their
pockets, their hair combed differently, monies lost, with corresponding gaps of time missing in
their life - are things I've seen second-hand and believe should be considered as proof. In these
cases, possession by a demon - and with it different/split personalities is a possibility. I am not a psychologist or a doctor, and cannot say that all people with split personalities and/or time-gaps are
possessed. But it is something to consider as a possibility. If you know anyone with this
condition, have them seek help ASAP. Try the medical route, and also consider deliverance - or
what some people call exorcism... done by a competent Christian.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
My uncle was a cab driver in the late 80s and early 90s in Bosnia and Herzegovina. One day he picked up a gypsy woman while rain was pouring down like mad. He commented to the old woman "what a rainy year it has been", without missing a beat the old woman replied "well the next few years it will be pouring blood". Somewhat startled by the comment he looked in the rearview mirror only to find that the old woman had simply vanished and he was looking at an empty backseat. As most of you know in the early 90s genocide was committed against the Bosnian people and many innocent people were brutally killed and others expelled from their homes and stripped of all their belongings.

My uncle currently lives in Sweden and he hasn't been in touch with my family for years. I don't know if he was being honest with his story or was he only trying to scare "us" kids back in the day. I do know that it is something I will never forget.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is one of the most interesting threads I've read on here. I've always been put off by time travel stories that involve some kind of time machine or other unrealistic technology trying to fix the past, but this seems way more logical. If there are time slips or perhaps areas on earth with certain types of exotic matter or particles, it could explain the temporary shift. This could even explain the ghost phenomena. I've always been a huge skeptic about ghosts. They just didn't fit with my logical perspective of the world. If a human has a soul and the soul goes to a different dimension (or if they have no soul), why would people still see them on earth as they appeared in their body at a certain age (sometimes as kids)? For the longest time I thought that it was leftover energy caused by people suddenly and unexpectedly dying, but perhaps they aren't ghosts at all. Just people and visions from the past / future. Maybe even a large portion of alien abductions are actually people inadvertently traveling to the future and being checked out by future humans. It's strange how a lot of alien encounters have the same themes as many of the stories above. Lost time, technology malfunctioning, coldness, etc. It seems many ghost stories as well. Maybe 2 separate forms of paranormal activity are actually caused by the same thing. Very interesting stuff.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by baddmove

That could have been any number of other things: 1. Psychic premonition, 2. Mental telepathy, if Idol was writing it at that moment it is possible. or 3.Remote viewing Idol writing the song? Or it could definately be the slipping of time. Who knows. Anyway cool story

sounds like the stories of people who magically come back to life after hearing reports that they died

like wilfred brimley.
guy has died like 30 times.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
TextText

Hiya....I just finished reading this thread and sorry to bump I hope no one minds but I just wanted to add my own experience..unfortunately is not so fantastical as some here but it still is along the same theme...also as soon as I have finished the Reality Glitch thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have several of these to add...some quite interesting...

anyway....yes time glitch...it was when i was in prison several years ago (it is true so even though the venue is undesirable i will say) well the unit officers used to unlock the cell doors at the same time each morning and then you went down the landing to the serving hatch to get your breakfast...

I was in a single cell..some cells are doubles and dorms but i had a single....

well i woke up and then i heard the officer come around with the keys and unlock...i saw my door was slightly ajar...however i was feeling lazy and i didn't want to get out of my warm bed into the cold room...so i remained in bed for a while longer...after a time i decided i had better get up otherwise breakfast would be over and then i would have to wait until lunch for hot water to make tea or food...so i got up out of bed and lo and behold the door was locked!!!....i looked at the time and saw that it was too early for the door to have been opened and that unlock time was not for approx another half hour......i know i was not dreaming as i was totally baffed about it....

next one happened very recent...actually this is more interesting...my boyf (well ex now..as i will explain) was coming to my house...he was getting a taxi as was late and last bus had been...i said to him no rush as i was taking a bath and he has keys for house....i have bath..i go in kitchen to make a drink....i see a taxi pull outside my house through kitchen window...it is him...he gets out and i see him shut taxi door then lean in towards passanger seat window of door he just exit as if to say something to taxi driver...i know it is him as this is quiet area and that time of night no one out on street...and no one dressing as he does...i see he has his Raiders New era hat on and Lonsdale bag he carries his laptop in and i notice the Lonsdale bag cos i don't like it cos is not nice I think he should get an Adidas bag i seen in Footlocker...anyway...also he has his varsity style jacket and body warmer over top...cos is cold here...

I was happy to see him but i never go to answer door cos he has keys...i expect any second to see him come through porch door...he doesn't...i go again to look out of kitchen window he is not out there and there is no taxi...so i text him and i say i could of sworn i just see him arrive in taxi...lol or is it just wishful thinking?....he text back he is in his house but foneing taxi soon....he finally arrives about an hour later....

anyway it gets weirder.....i wake up and suddenly cannot drink tea or smoke...i try to but am turned off by it...b4 i smoke a lot and always drink tea...i went overnight from smoking a ten bag of bud and ten fags a day to smoking nothing....and i cannot drink tea ugh ...instead i want strong coffee...i don't like coffee much before and if i do drink it sporadically it is only weak and milky....also i start to find in my boyfriends ways and doings things i do not like one bit...(despite being infatuated by him totally for a good while before this) even though he is acting same as he always has I'm sure...it is me that has changed....consequently we begin to argue and split up after a little while...he states i have changed...and at first we consider if I may be pregnant due to the change in my taste-buds...but no I am not...i just don't want to talk on phone to him anymore...before is we were not together we could easily have 5 hours conversations...I don't really want to see him...now we have broken up I don't even feel sad nor miss him...its so weird... I'm sorry I hope i don't sound like a cold hearted bitch...its not that at all...its just so weird cos before this event i couldn't even sleep if he wasn't next to me and since I was so glad to sleep alone.....

????

also after reading this thread and contemplating this event i was looking on my phones text messages to find the text i sent him that night saying that i thought i had seen him outside....it isnt there???.....but all texts before and after that night are..?????

well yes there are very strange events in my life in other areas...i only found this site the other day and when I find appropriate threads I will be sure to post....

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
hi sorry to double post....this whole thing is baffling to me what i mean is he didst change is that in HIS OPINION he never changed he said was me but i mean the only way i changed after that night was i didn't know what to talk about with him or didn't really 'like' him

after that night he changed in that we always used to talk about MK ultra and stuff and paranormal and theories on how humans came to be on earth and conspiracy stuff then overnight he just told me it was a load of crap and that he believed in 'the Darwinist theory' like humans evolved form apes i was like WTF?....what are you talking about? and if i talk about stuff he say im crazy....i felt like i didn't know this guy tbh....yes i wonder now if we had a timeslip of some sort and our timelines got messed up and we ended up on different ones so to speak????

its all i can think after reading this thread....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thursdaybabiee
hi sorry to double post....this whole thing is baffling to me what i mean is he didst change is that in HIS OPINION he never changed he said was me but i mean the only way i changed after that night was i didn't know what to talk about with him or didn't really 'like' him

after that night he changed in that we always used to talk about MK ultra and stuff and paranormal and theories on how humans came to be on earth and conspiracy stuff then overnight he just told me it was a load of crap and that he believed in 'the Darwinist theory' like humans evolved form apes i was like WTF?....what are you talking about? and if i talk about stuff he say im crazy....i felt like i didn't know this guy tbh....yes i wonder now if we had a timeslip of some sort and our timelines got messed up and we ended up on different ones so to speak????

its all i can think after reading this thread....

Just a thought but if we are talking about dimension slips (rather than time-slips) then we're looking at the possibility that either; YOU slipped into another similar dimension or HE slipped into another similar dimension.

Either way, both YOU and HE would experience the sensation that THE OTHER person has changed, since you would both have "changed partners" as a result of the dimension slip.
Both YOU and HE would believe that the other had changed, because that's exactly what it would look like from your own relative perspectives.

Did either one of you notice MORE changes in their general surroundings than the other?
House looks/feels different?
Other people/friends/family seem different?
Familiar people/places can't be found?
Strange people/places are supposed to be familiar but don't seem to be?
Stuff like that.
The one with the most apparent changes, would be the one who has most likely "shifted" or "slipped" I guess.

Hope this helps?
GTD

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Hiya....tbh the only thing that comes to mind initially is that me and my sister have never been close at all and from around that time we are not best of friends but we are a lot closer and started to see each other about once a week..like we go on a day trip with the kids on my day off and shes started coming up for dinner about once a week, added me on facebook and texts me ...also we booked a caravan 3 weeks ago and went to the seaside for 5 nights...

we haven't been close like that ever....even as kids... as she is 9 years younger than me and since she was 4 we didn't live in same household....

i have 3 cats and my previous favorite doesn't come near me anymore...he used to always sit with me purring...about three days ago was the first time in ages he sat on my knee....his brother used to be my least favorite cat (cos he used to # on floor) and now he is the most loving one and my favorite.....

off the top of my head that is about it

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Great post, I really enjoyed reading those stories. I had read a few of them before. I remember reading a story once of a WW2 RAF Airfield. The personnel observed an old WW1 Bi Plane land. The pilot was confused, and said he had taken off from his own base, in 1914! He finally climbed back into his plane and took off, never to be seen again.
I don't know how read into the Montauk Project you are, but it is my strong belief those minions messed up time so bad things will never again be the same. And the sad part is, my own Father may have been involved in them. He was Naval Intelligence. As long as secrets are hidden, We the People will never know.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join