It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inadvertent Time Travellers

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

Well they would more accurately see 2 colors as the same.

But yea.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have had some experience myself. It occurred several years ago in 1987. I was thirty years of age then. To cut a long story short I was on my way to the local police station to report some reconnaissance data. It was bright daylight. Daytime. However as I stepped through the door of the police station suddenly it was gone midnight and obviously dark outside. I reported my reconnaissance data, but felt very strange about everything. The uniforms which were supposed to be black were instead a grey colour. A prostitute was behind the counter obviously doing something quite out of place for the interior of a police station. I was eager to get out of there and I left through that same door departing into what was a midnight dark environment. I estimate about twelve hours of time was missing. Obviously some kind of space and time trans-dimensional shift had occurred as I had passed through the doors of the police station. It is a mystery to me even to this day. I just ignore it so as to get on with my life.

These naturally occurring trans-dimensional events might some day become the subject of scientific research and thus we might be able to develop the technology to enable us to visit other times and spaces. Much akin to what we do naturally when we are asleep and dreaming.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 24/1/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
reply to post by Rising Against

There was this TV show that reminded me of these stories, maybe like 10 years ago, I forget the name but every episode was in the same city but a different dimension every time.

Are you talking about Sliders? I loved that show!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I had an experience, slightly different.
My husband and i put the kids to bed many years ago and headed to bed, I wasn't tired but I lay down and he turned off the lamp, I looked up at the ceiling and suddenly a really white light burst in front of my eyes I felt pulled through a circle of this white light.
I was looking down on a hill, it was day time and really sunny with a breeze.I could feel the sun and the breeze.
There was a couple sitting on a blanket on the top of a grass covered hill they were having a picnic, they were dressed what I think was Victorian era style.
There was a little boy about 4 years old wearing a wool plaid suit with short pants he was laughing and rolling down the hill on his side.
It was a wonderful moment, I saw it all from slightly above near the top of the only tree on the hill.
Then suddenly I felt pulled back and saw the light poof just like some cartoon or something andI was lying there looking at the dark stunned!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sounds like a whole lotta jigawatts happenin' round here.

Somebody needs to post a link to a flux capacitor on eBay and a Mr. Fusion on Craigslist. We could get some serious time shifting going.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

I have often wondered about that story. As they stayed the night what if that house had went back to where it came from with them still in it? With all the people that go missing every day who knows for sure how many of them are not victims of foul play but are victims of time slips or trans-dimensional shift. We will never know.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Rising Against, great thread mate and I don't know if you've read it but there's an interesting book about time anomalies by the Irish author J. W. Dunne - here's the Wiki page about it:

Dunne's theory, elaborated from years of experiments into precognitive dreams and induced precognitive states, is that in reality all time is eternally present, that is, that past, present and future are all happening together in some way. Human consciousness, however, experiences this simultaneity in linear form. Dunne posits that in the dreaming state this way of interpreting time ceases to be as concrete as when we are awake. Thus we are capable of having what we call precognitive dreams as consciousness finds itself free to roam across past, present and future.

link

There's also this episode from Michael Aspel's 'Strange but True' programme dealing with timeslips and it covers some of the cases already mentioned:

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I will return in that city on February 3rd. If I disappear, you know WHY.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
I will return in that city on February 3rd. If I disappear, you know WHY.

What city? Liverpool?
Please explain?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

The city is in Italy; me and my father were coming back home from that town and we were lost in the dark suddenly for a hour...
I will get back there on February 3rd for the first time since 2008...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari

The city is in Italy; me and my father were coming back home from that town and we were lost in the dark suddenly for a hour...
I will get back there on February 3rd for the first time since 2008...

Oh ok, I had read your post but read so many I forgot...lol

Good luck with your trip and I hope you return safe!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is such a great thread! Such a nice change!

Time travel and time slips have always interested me. The big questions, other than how to do it, revolve around paradoxes.

Like the example of going back in time and meeting yourself. How can you be in two places at once? I guess you could say that isn't you now, it's you then. But does that mean there are an infinite number of you's to represent each moment of your existence?

Or are you inherently making a copy of yourself every time you time travel to the past, since in that past you already exist?

If you jump to the future in your own "lifetime", you would also be a copy?

I don't know if you could ever return to your own time because you could never catch that exact moment.

Or do you replace yourself?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
This is such a great thread! Such a nice change!

Time travel and time slips have always interested me. The big questions, other than how to do it, revolve around paradoxes.

Like the example of going back in time and meeting yourself. How can you be in two places at once? I guess you could say that isn't you now, it's you then. But does that mean there are an infinite number of you's to represent each moment of your existence?

Or are you inherently making a copy of yourself every time you time travel to the past, since in that past you already exist?

If you jump to the future in your own "lifetime", you would also be a copy?

I don't know if you could ever return to your own time because you could never catch that exact moment.

Or do you replace yourself?

As all time exists at once, the only way to think about this is there are unlimited copies of you all existing at once in time and SPACE.
SO infinite you's in this line as well as parallel realities. Whoa that's crazy.
I don't know or maybe the past doesn't exist after it passes, meaning we could never go to the past because it ceases to exist? Or what if every day we wake up is a new reality LITERALLY and none of the past or future exists? Then time travel would be impossible. Maybe everything is all in our heads..like a dream and in that way the past nor future yet exists?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Didn't read any comments - Not only are there different dimensions taking up the same "space" as our Earth on "our" Earth, but there are definitely other timelines sharing this Earth, on account of time being an illusion for our 3D benefit. I actually had a similar story on my site, but it wasn't nearly as exciting as these. Here is the story, it's a personal story from abduct.com. The exciting part, not only did this guy's daughter see the time change back to the 1800s, but their horse also did too, it was the horse staring that made the girl even look in the direction.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jganer

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Seeker7

You mean this well known ATS thread: Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

One of ATS's biggest threads now I believe and It soon become something of a 'web hit.'

I'm not sure of the exact outcome as well but I believe it was officially debunked, although I could be wrong..

EDIT TO ADD: This is what I believe it was, although Again, I'm not sure if It has been confirmed to be anything else right now.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Wow! You could be onto something with that ear trumpet you posted in that link. I've never heard of such a thing until now, but it could've possible been the thing he had to his ear...I guess we will never know,
edit on 23-1-2011 by jganer because: (no reason given)

But it looks like he is talking also...wonder if they had some type of recording device yet.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
reply to post by looofo

You already posted something that I wondered about.

I would have expected the inn keeper to have looked at the notes and asked "what should I do with these" and would have started some immediate questions for both of them.

Maybe the people entered some kind of non permanent fluxing field of energy that actually mirrors or brings a ghost of the past to life in their own mind, the others are not real in the moment but carry on their actions as they would in their own time...or something we can not as yet understand like that.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I've been thinking on the Hotel disappearing story/past hotel. Maybe they didn't really look at the bills too closely because at that time nobody ever thought of counterfeiting/ or were too aware of counterfeiting like today. I'll tell you some things I have seen as a cashier, I have gotten $2 bills and they hadn't been in circulation for a loooooooooonnnng time and not seen by me until very recently when I worked at Wal-mart down here. I have seen bills that predate the new ones and I have seen some bills, in fact refused bills I didn't even recognize, except I seen them now in circulation. I was a cashier for a long time and I never refused the old bills I recognized or the two dollar bills. Maybe I have run into a few unwitting time- travellers myself?
So, maybe they either didn't take too close of a look or just shugged it off.

The bill was discontinued in 1966, but was reintroduced 10 years later as part of the United States Bicentennial celebrations. Today, however it is rarely seen in circulation as production of the note is the lowest of U.S. paper money: under 1% of all notes currently produced are $2 bills. This comparative scarcity in circulation, coupled with a lack of public awareness that the bill is still in circulation, has also inspired urban legends and, on a few occasions, created problems for people trying to use the bill to make purchases.

Source

I might add that I saw it fairly often that year I worked there. Also, even when I was not working there anymore, there were certain people who had loads of them.
I do realize it says they are still in circulation but it says less than 1% of our currency is the $2 bill, so chances of seeing it very often is low on the scale!

Yes but didn't these people drive up in a modern day automobile?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

Not sure if this adds anything but (regarding time and reincarnation) I once read that since our time is non linear when we reincarnate we can be put in to any time, so for example if someone died this year they could possibly live their next life as a caveman or future human in 3011.

This is not coming from me and I'm not sure if I believe it, but regarding time and time travel this is something to think about.

So life must be something like a very very very advanced kind of 4D flight simulator, where you ( ? - or God for you ? ) can choose a new life ( if we can believe in reincarnation ... ) within lots of pre-programmed scenarios and where the only thing you can do is being submitted to the program trying to make the best out of it and look at the result afterwards ... knowing the program meanwhile can be adapted by the Creator .....
Now, as everybody knows, computer programs in ICT can have and create lots of problems, beginning with the blue screen of death .... so maybe sometimes our actual scenario in that flight simulator just creates a bug with a wrong decorum and we think we are in another time period ......

Our lives are virtual lives, we submit ourselves to simulations with ourselves and other people and try to learn the lessons we have to .....
The machine is roaring, the program is multi-tasking, thousands of quad-core processors are calculating your lifetime evolution, thousands of terra-bite RAM are pushing the "game" to its limits, the simulations look really real ( the machine even creates real matter out of energy waw )
and at the end well how will we achieve this virtual life ....

what program will we choose next ? the one of june 2055 or the one of april 1356 ?
But you are in YOUR " life " flight simulator, in fact there is only YOU and GOD, and some say we are Gods ...
OK, now I will put some beers into that f**cking program !!!!

so maybe we are just Gods playing fantastic games we create ourselves just to pass some good times instead of being in infinite meditation .... (

edit on 25-1-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

And again, it's not like every new day would be a new reality because why would it be based on 24 hours. I mean if I could travel back to the time when I started this post...there would be 2 of me. And if "we" traveled back to my original post in this thread, three. So on and so on.

I guess if you thought of it like a snapshots (like server backups), where does all this information for every possible moment for all of existence get stored? I mean if time were able to be altered, even if it all is happening simultaneously, what is the cosmic hard drive that keeps track of the virtually constant changes.

Whoa...there's a mind blower.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I had a similar experience to the "white wedding" one mentioned on the first page.
I went out to go watch a movie "The Longest Yard" and then realised that I had already seen the movie. I knew exactly what was going to happen ie. Chris Rock's character dies etc. Strangely it only released the previous day, also I cannot recall when i saw it for the first time... i asked all my friends but none of them were with me when I saw it the 1st time... I swear I saw it in a dream.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join