It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Mayhem by Weatherwoman (video)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by undo

As it stands now, it is wait, watch, and try to understand. The only reason I mentioned it here is because it does seem to tie in.

It does not, however, explain the worldwide events... I think Chantel has hit on something that is, instead of competing with my thinking, enhancing it. I have said from the beginning that if I am correct, it still does not mean BP caused the problem, only exacerbated it. Could it be that two forces, one a natural cycle, the other man-made, are coming together? There is a large number of these global events concentrated in the Southeast US.

I am anticipating reports of sulfurous odors, and I suggest watching the animals closely.

TheRedneck

Hi everyone!

Longtime lurker here... and had to create an account and respond when I saw this post from TheRedneck.

I live in Utah, approximately 17 miles southeast of Salt Lake City. I stopped at a store around 11:30 PM Mountain time and when I exited the store, heading towards my car, I noticed a distinct "sulfurous odor".

Now living close to the Great Salt Lake, sure, we have on occassion what we call "lake stench". That is the true "rotten egg" smell that can come off of the lake. This was nothing close to it. As soon as I smelled it, I knew it was sulfer, and it also had a sort of "burning" smell with it.

No idea if it means anything, but hey, we're all trying to figure this out.

Additionally, I had dinner with a friend prior to stopping at the store, and we were discussing how our pets have been appearing more "needy" or "clingy" lately. She has a dog, I have 3 cats. My cats have always been loving and attentive... however in the past couple weeks, all 3 have become my shadows. No matter where I go in the house, they follow and are within 2 or 3 feet of me. Which has included interrupting their normal sleeping patterns.

Meaning, in the past, if they are curled up in bed or on the couch and I walk by, I'm lucky if I get a head lifted in acknowledgement. Now, if they are asleep and I go into any other room, they are immediately up and following me.

Their food and water dishes are full. Trust me, that was the first thing I checked. LOL

Anyway... looking forward to further participation here!

P.S. to Chantel... THANK YOU!!! You have validated everything that I have felt from day one.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i'm in florida. have 2 dogs. they both have the same appetites they had before. they require the same amount of attention as they did before. i have smelled no sulfurous odors and i have a very sensitive sense of smell, particularly where it involves odors that are not normal for the environment. i'm the first person to notice gas has been turned on, the first to notice burning wood, even forest fires on the other side of the state, will eventually waft odors in this direction and i can smell them. i'm wondering if there's a way to detect methane that isn't expensive, because, seeing as how the gulf is just across the sand bar that is florida, i might be able to determine just how much methane is wafting by and if the concentration levels are dangerous.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Now that is both interesting and disturbing!

If you smelled sulfur dioxide and have had anomalous animal activity, be prepared to experience some sort of seismic activity within a few weeks. Hopefully it will not be damaging.

And be sure to let us know if you do! There is a 20-post minimum before you can start a thread, but you can click here to u2u me and we'll get the information out if that happens.

Be alert, be careful, and welcome to ATS!

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I think the magnetic field is affecting people. Many as myself are having headaches and dizziness - people that never had a problem before.

If you can remember, when did your headaches and dizziness start? Was it before or after the first of the year?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dnvrliz

Yeah that explain alot...Kinda global is it not as in the whole planet,maybe vibrations from all the volcanoes and techtonic plates are ...no ,I think its something more extreme.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by Seagle

I REALLY like you. And I REALLY concur with your thoughts. I couldn't have said it better. Thanks!!!!!

Well thank you. My first Human_Alien friend

Great post by the way and one that definitely needs to be pursued until we have the truth. The official 'fireworks' story is an insult to everyone's intelligence and they know it but assume it will all be forgotten in a few weeks anyway. That can't happen.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Thank you for joining!

Where do you suppose the sulfur stench emanated from? The ground?
Are you experiencing any sink-holes over there?

Very disturbing behavior concerning your pets. If only we knew what they're sensing.

It's been suggested we're all experiencing (Earth) birth-pains right now....and its effecting all living creatures.

Hang on because I think the ride has just begun.

Please keep up posted. Thanks

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

My headaches and dizziness started around the middle of December.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That would be a couple weeks before the recent Indiana quake.

The headaches still happening means either:
  • It is just a coincidence and there is no real connection, or
  • That quake was a foreshock.

Time will tell which one.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by nocents

Density of air ---- 1.293 kg/m^3
Methane --------- 0.717 kg/m^3
Carbon dioxide --- 1.977 kg/m^3
Sulfur dioxide ---- 2.926 kg/m^3
(Densities are at 1 atm pressure and 20°C)

Source

That's what I caught too. Carbon dioxide and sulfur dioxide are also vent gases and both are denser than air. I suspect carbon dioxide since sulfur dioxide has a pungent odor.

TheRedneck

Look I get it. I made a mistake, I did believe methane was like most gases. Thanks for clarification....I will correct myself in the update.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ChantelDay

Hello Chantel,
I was wondering if the Magnetosphere could affect the over all outcome of such thing's as barimetric pressures and measurements of thing's like Isobars in the meteorological stand point of view?
Got thinking this morning about this couldn't get any truly defined answer's from my personal research, so I thought maybe you could enlighten us with some facts and if there is some other serious ramifications that may be a foot.
Thanks...

Allred5923

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Honestly not sure, I will look into it. I'm not actually a meteorologist, I am a volunteer weather reporter so I am very familiar, but not truly an expert. I am going to check into now for sure.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

My girlfriend said she had a really bad headache last night, don't know if it's related.

This is interesting though, I figured it could be the magnetosphere since the poles will likely shift.
We will see what else happens in the coming future.

edit on 23-1-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Thank you, and I will!

We are on top of one of the country's largest fault lines here and do experience small earthquakes from time to time. I'm originally from California (earthquake country) and survived the Loma Prieta quake in 1989. Nothing in Utah has ever compared to any earthquake I've ever been through in California, and I've been in Utah for 11 years now.

Yellowstone is roughly 300 miles away, and honestly scares the hell out of me. But we have to get through day to day, and just be as prepared as we can be. Right?! LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I guess you could say, even though the die offs are raising alarm for concern, it would be prudent of one to not confine our research to just possible wildlife and and domesticated bovine tragedies, but to think in a bigger picture of the cause/effects of the magnetosphere being either pummeled with solar storms, or to be on it's way of being depleted to the point of utter chaos with our natural world, would such thing's as Tsunami's, Earthquakes, Etc. Etc. be more of a threat than what is currently taking place.
I imagine the atmosphere would become less compressed and the high and low pressures would be consistently faster as depletion continued which in turn would cause mass accelerations and compressions of the Isobars, which, for my location anyways, is perfect weather for Tornadoes and sheer plains winds.
Just pondering the thought of what if's without being too doom and gloom here, "Kind of blew that Idea ,HUH?"

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Yellowstone is roughly 300 miles away, and honestly scares the hell out of me. But we have to get through day to day, and just be as prepared as we can be. Right?! LOL

that would be quite unsettling Utah....I live East of the Caldera, South Dakota. Trade winds come right our way, if yellow should ever decide to blow. They did a documentary on super-volcano's a spell back, the obviously interviewed the sheriff of the Rushmore area and asked him what his chain of action would be, he pretty much said "Emergency recovery stations are in place, evacuations will be publicly and bull horn announced when the time came, I am just not sure we would get enough warning to evacuate fast enough.."

So, "May the wind be with you and yours on that inevitable day!!" And if you are wondering about my situation, I'll be hoping for southerly winds!!" No offense to our neighbor's to the South, of course.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Sorry to keep harping on that Chantel... but as a journalist, you know that a little slip like that could cost you credibility points with the public, and you have information that needs to be heeded!

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by Klassified

My headaches and dizziness started around the middle of December.

Thanks. That's what I was hoping you would say. I'm doing a little questioning of the local natives around here without giving away why till after I talk to them. Just to see if my inquiries turn up a pattern with this, and with the pets.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I certainly hope the quake was not a foreshock. This quake puzzled those in the know, no known fault line and in a location where a quake has never happened. We have had a few shakes since then, unknown as nothing showed on the scales but it shook the house pretty goodI Its happened about 4 times since the quake.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Thank you for joining!

Where do you suppose the sulfur stench emanated from? The ground?
Are you experiencing any sink-holes over there?

Very disturbing behavior concerning your pets. If only we knew what they're sensing.

It's been suggested we're all experiencing (Earth) birth-pains right now....and its effecting all living creatures.

Hang on because I think the ride has just begun.

Please keep up posted. Thanks

Thank you, Human_Alien.

There have been no reports in local or state news regarding sinkhole, so nothing about that (yet). As for the sulfur stench, good question on where it originated from. I have no idea. All I can say is that it was very distinct and very obvious (to me). Although it was not overwhelming in nature. Unlike our sometimes "lake stench", which can be.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join