It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunni Islamists slit the throat of a Christian mother in Somalia.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Sunni Islamists slit the throat of a Christian mother in Somalia.

www.pakistanchristianpost.com

The reality of Islam in all its hatred can be seen in Afghanistan, the Maldives, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Yemen, and a few other nations, where converts from Islam face the death penalty. In Somalia, the Sunni Islamic fanatics called the Al-Shabaab (Al-Shabab) have once more killed a convert to Christianity and in true style the soldiers of Islam held down a Christian lady and slit her throat in front of many villagers. This hatred is clearly based on the teachings of Mohammed because he supported killing apostates and the ongoing Islamic inquisition continues in nations like Somalia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So here we go again, the peaceful religion of Islam kills another mother for the crime of converting to Christianity. This is completely supported by the islamic clergy, the military, the police and even the national governments. What is it about this hateful cult that compels them to murder innocent members of other religions? The koran clearly supports these murders and mohammad called for the killing of all apostates. Where oh where is this chimerical "silent majority"? Again, I am sure some muslim apologist will come out and tell us how the koran does not support these actions, the their scriptures are clear in the fact that they do.
What will happen in Europe and America when these thuggish cultists gain enough numbers to affect the laws? Look at the UK now. How long until that entire fine nation is under sharia law? What about France? Already the police struggle with discontented islamic youth. How long until the authorities finally bow down and accept the new islamic reality there?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
here we go again more islamaphobia ignorant propaganda . These people who commit these acts are not muslim they only use the religion to rationalize there actions. Nothing more then wolfs in sheeps clothing . Kinda like politicians who pretend to be there for public intrest. I do not subscribe to any religions but i have to call bs when ignorance is involved

"The koran clearly supports these murders and mohammad called for the killing of all apostates"

show me this in the quran

because last time i checked

[2:256] There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient - quran
edit on 20-1-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

So here we go again, the peaceful religion of Islam kills another mother for the crime of converting to Christianity. This is completely supported by the islamic clergy, the military, the police and even the national governments. What is it about this hateful cult that compels them to murder innocent members of other religions? The koran clearly supports these murders and mohammad called for the killing of all apostates. Where oh where is this chimerical "silent majority"? Again, I am sure some muslim apologist will come out and tell us how the koran does not support these actions, the their scriptures are clear in the fact that they do.
What will happen in Europe and America when these thuggish cultists gain enough numbers to affect the laws? Look at the UK now. How long until that entire fine nation is under sharia law? What about France? Already the police struggle with discontented islamic youth. How long until the authorities finally bow down and accept the new islamic reality there?

You apparently don't know anything about Islam.
First of all, there is no such thing as "Islamist"
Islam is the religion, Muslim is the person who follows that religion.

Second of all, the interpretation that "these are what Mohammed's teachings say" is complete crap! Obviously that person has never read the Qu'ran, knows nothing of it, and certainly nothing of that faith.

Apparently the author of this article has never lived and worked and eaten and shared among muslims.

I am so sorry this woman in Somalia was killed. But let's be wise enough to realize it was the individuals, not the religion which they directly denying. Many can "claim" they are of a religion and working for a certain God, but there actions tell the true story.

This is bogus media.
I'm sorry this woman's death was turned into an attempt to instill more fear and hatred among people.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yes be scared of those muslims, they invade nations, use Depleted Uranium, and also use white phosphorus on innocent civillians. Oh wait thats Jews and Christians. lol
edit on 20-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It's truly disgusting that this happened and a show of how dangerous these extremists can be but note the wording. Extremists. Meaning as stated before, most Muslims would also be horrified by this atrocity. Some people misread and misinterpret a holy text to suit their vile needs and then ignorants and racists take that as representative of the entire religion.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
To say Islam is a hateful religion that breeds hate,I will counter that so can any religion.
Take that thread about the Christian guy who only accepts other Christians as his family.
Same thing,different religion.

Also,that source is from a Christian site so its obviously going to have a certain bias.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
here we go again more islamaphobia ignorant propaganda . These people who commit these acts are not muslim they only use the religion to rationalize there actions. Nothing more then wolfs in sheeps clothing . Kinda like politicians who pretend to be there for public intrest. I do not subscribe to any religions but i have to call bs when ignorance is involved

I will admit that while I am fascinated by religions, I am hardly an expert on any other than my own. And even that is subject to review. So what I don't know about the Muslim people and their religion is vast. That being said though I have to ask what I see as a pertinent question to you. Let's assume that you are exactly correct and that it is not the religion, but rather select individuals who use Islam as a veil to rationalize their heinous actions.
Why don't those who are true to the peaceful teachings of their faith monitor their own and put a stop to the wolves who stain their religion with hate and murder while wearing the 'sheeps clothing'? Doesn't that make sense?
I really would like to hear your reply to that.
edit on 20/1/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I wonder how they would treat an atheist? Legit question.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
All sectarian exoteric religion is primitive and potentially dangerous.
When it is about: My group, My religion or My race or My nation above others there is always danger lurking.

This kind of selfish ME psychology is the lowest level of human developmental consciousness and when it is in a religion it can be worst than anything including nationalism.

It is only the people in all religions who can transcend their own creed and accept other faiths as they accept their own without prejudice towards others.

Also, most Muslims cant live up to the best of what their faith teaches, as most Christians, Buddhist, Hindus and Jews also don’t live up to the best in what their creed teaches, for if they did the world wouldn’t be in the shape it is in.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

These people who commit these acts are not muslim they only use the religion to rationalize there actions. Nothing more then wolfs in sheeps clothing .

No, these people are MUSLIM extremists. They claim it themselves, and that is what matters. They may be condemned by peaceful muslims, but that does not make them not muslim, it just means there are more muslim fractions, some peaceful and some not.

Christian or Hindu extremists do not magically become atheists just because they kill in the name of their religion, too.

edit on 20/1/11 by Maslo because: typo

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

"Why is it so hard for Muslim to become a Christian or join with another religion? Mohammed said, “Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him.” (Hadith Al Buhkari vol. 9:57) This command is practiced in almost all Islamic Fundamentalist countries today."

An excerpt from this source:

www.letusreason.org...

Pretty much sums up why converts to Christianity face a short life span in Muslim countries. Deny all you want, if you are a "Good" Muslim, you should be killing unconverting Jews and Christians. That is the truth whether you like it or not.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
most Muslims would also be horrified by this atrocity.

Perhaps...

Yet I do not see reports of the Muslim community crying out in outrage over such offenses. One would think that would go a long way to ease the situation, no?

Those that see atrocity and remain silent... are just as much part of the problem

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Disgusting. No matter who or what was behind this, it is disgusting. There is absolutely no justification for this. Live and let live. PFFT. Too complicated for some, not violent enough. Extremism from any group whether it be Christianity, Judaism, or Muslim or any 'religion' is just uncalled for.

Regardless, it was an unnecessary and violent way to end a probable innocent life.

Just my opinion, I am not here to argue semantics.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I understand both popints of view. However, what I see continually occuring is Islam being hijacked by extremists, crimes committed in the name of God, and for the most part nothing but silence from Islamic groups.

If this has nothing to do with true Islam, then how come the Council on America-Islamic RElations, or any other moderate islamic group, speak out and denounce these tools?

Whats the saying, sometimes silence does more damage than speaking up.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nor do I see the Christian community around the globe joining arms and railing every time a Christian commits some atrocious act.

People are busy. Though I'm a compassionate person, I'm not going to stop my day and make a press announcement if some atheist guy in Elbonia kills a family of ten. If I hear about it, my reaction would be "guh, that's terrible, hope they lock him in a hole," and then I go back to my day. I'm not going to weep, or write outraged letters. I'm certainly not going to demand my fellow nonbelievers stand as a global community to condemn it. Because if you are assuming that I support the Elbonian massacre because i'm an atheist, then that is simply YOUR bigotry talking. I owe you nothing.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's funny how people jump to the defense of Muslims everywhere each time something is brought up against Islam. Guess what folks, Islam is the religion of hate. Sure, Christians have had the crusades, but guess what, they adapted and changed their ways. The Muslims also had crusades, but they're still in the crusade mindset.

Take Scandinavia for an example, specifically Norway.

This is about a family who wanted their son exposed to a variety of cultures, and since Islam is a very big part of the immigration here, guess which culture he gets exposed to the most? Islam. Guess what that gets him? Beaten up and made fun of because he's a "filthy pig eater". He can't even go out in the backyard to play without being bullied.

Now yes, you could say this is just because of some "mean kids", but where to those kids get their beliefs from? Their parents.

And what about Sweden? Islam has also shown it's true face there. Firefighters were sent to put out a fire at a Mosque in Malmo, what happened? They were attacked by the local Muslims (which are the majority there) and chased out. They (the Muslims) tell the ambulance personnel who and who they can't take after a gang fight... It's gotten so bad that most public services (firefighters, ambulances etc.) won't even go in there without police protection. Even the police won't tread in certain areas.

But of course most of you won't even take a look at these videos because you so desperately want to believe the political correctness lie that "Islam is good". Try to deny ignorance for a change, see what's really going on, look beyond those rose tinted glasses of yours.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is one example of why some people feel so anti islam. O ya and where is the christians rioting against the Muslims? no where, know why? because if they riot they will be marred as islamiphobea fanatics...But hey we the world realize islam is the face of our near future....SO question is, are we ready to be forced into islam or be beheaded? They are here in amreica and dont think it wont happen here...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
AWFUL and SAD!!! Thank God I left Islam. I am a follower of Deism.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
ALL religions KILL, just look at history. My god is bigger than your god, stab!
Romans used to burn christians by sitting them on an iron chair with a burning fire under it....

The church has killed countless over the 2000 years...

Interesting how religion has divided the world. I think all religions have had their time and need to go.

Also was wondering how news worthy would be a woman (or man) getting their throat cut in downtown L.A.?

Throw some religion spin on it and its an outrage.

Divide and conquer

edit on 20-1-2011 by remrem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join