It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunni Islamists slit the throat of a Christian mother in Somalia.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Find it eh? It wasn't that hard....

"Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war." --Qur'an:9:5

"Fight the unbelievers around you, and let them find harshness in you." --Qur'an:9:123

My Personal Favorite!!

"Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people...They desire nothing but your ruin....You believe in the entire Book...When they meet you they say: 'We, too, are believers.' But when alone, they bite their finger-tips with rage." Surah 3:118, 11

Other really friendly quotes....

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." Surah 5:51

"Forbidden to you are...married women, except those you own as slaves." Surah 4:20-, 24-

Need I go on?

Chapters of the Quran

edit on 20-1-2011 by DaMod because: Edit to add Italics

edit on 20-1-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
edit on 20/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Im glad you found it, I was searching for it sense this thread appeared...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by zorgon

Nor do I see the Christian community around the globe joining arms and railing every time a Christian commits some atrocious act.

People are busy. Though I'm a compassionate person, I'm not going to stop my day and make a press announcement if some atheist guy in Elbonia kills a family of ten. If I hear about it, my reaction would be "guh, that's terrible, hope they lock him in a hole," and then I go back to my day. I'm not going to weep, or write outraged letters. I'm certainly not going to demand my fellow nonbelievers stand as a global community to condemn it. Because if you are assuming that I support the Elbonian massacre because i'm an atheist, then that is simply YOUR bigotry talking. I owe you nothing.

The difference is that, as an atheist, you are not a follower of a prophet who stated, "whoever stops being an atheist, kill him." There is no atheist holy book which is legally interpreted in atheist countries as demanding the death of those who stop being atheists.

It's a lie that belief that apostasy merits death is confined to a few Muslim radicals. Capital punishment for sane adult males who commit apostasy and refuse to repent is enshrined in the sharia law practiced in many Muslim countries.
Mohammad stated: “Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.” — Bukhari 9.84.57 ‘baddala deenahu, faqtuhulu’
Where Islam is the state religion, apostasy is also regarded as treason, punishable by the death penalty.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Spot on.

I never understood this idea that just because some warped person who happens to believe in ''x'', commits some terrible atrocity, then other people who also believe in ''x'', who are completely unrelated to the person who committed the crime, should come out and publicly denounce it. It doesn't make any sense.

I don't see left-wing or right-wing people feeling compelled to publicly denounce the actions of governments or regimes who claim to share their ideologies. And why should they ?

I think the call for normal Muslims to publicly criticise the actions of the extremists is a shabby tactic, attempting to tar all Muslims with the same brush:

''Ah ! They haven't denounced it, therefore they must tacitly approve of it !''

The worrying anti-Islam trend amongst some people in the West is little more than a modern day witch-hunt.

edit on 20-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
yes pakistan christian post soumds like a very credible source...i love how most ats trolls have been members for at most a month

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
here we go again more islamaphobia ignorant propaganda . These people who commit these acts are not muslim they only use the religion to rationalize there actions. Nothing more then wolfs in sheeps clothing . Kinda like politicians who pretend to be there for public intrest. I do not subscribe to any religions but i have to call bs when ignorance is involved

"The koran clearly supports these murders and mohammad called for the killing of all apostates"

show me this in the quran

because last time i checked

[2:256] There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient - quran
edit on 20-1-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

islamaphobia ignorant propaganda

really propaganda? i don't think so

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

People are busy. Though I'm a compassionate person, I'm not going to stop my day and make a press announcement if some atheist guy in Elbonia kills a family of ten. If I hear about it, my reaction would be "guh, that's terrible, hope they lock him in a hole," and then I go back to my day. I'm not going to weep, or write outraged letters.

yet...

You seem to have the time to speak out and write a post here at ATS on that very thing...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Observation...

At each turn, the horrifying actions of Muslim extremists in the name of Islam, are explained away as being NOT Islam and/or not part of the Islamic religion as per the Qu'ran and those who would defend Islam would suggest that these acts are predominantly due to cultural/tribal custom... but that cultural/tribal custom is based on Islamic interpretation and on the Qu'ran. The circle just continues to go round and round, No end in sight...

edit on 20-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by remrem

Yeah.. Going to war over religion is like fighting over who has the better imaginary friend.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
It's a lie that belief that apostasy merits death is confined to a few Muslim radicals. Capital punishment for sane adult males who commit apostasy and refuse to repent is enshrined in the sharia law practiced in many Muslim countries.
Mohammad stated: “Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.” — Bukhari 9.84.57 ‘baddala deenahu, faqtuhulu’

Hmmmm.. made me think about some of the gang initiations.

Blood in - Blood out.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Observation:

At each turn, the events of Muslim extremists, enacted in the name of Islam, are explained away as being NOT Islam and/or not part of the Islamic religion as per the Qu'ran and those who would defend Islam would suggest that these acts are predominantly due to cultural/tribal custom... but that cultural/tribal custom is based on Islamic interpretation. The circle just continues to go round and round, No end in sight...

But that is true of all religions and cultures.

Recently, there were reports of gay people in Uganda fearing for their lives, because of high-profile anti-gay hate that was promoted by newspapers and government officials.

Just because this cultural attitude was influenced by Christianity, doesn't mean to say that you can put the blame at Christianity's door, nor tar all Christians with the same brush.

Islam, Christianity, or any other religion, is neutral. They only become positive or negative depending on how individual people may interpret them.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Revelation 12:11-12 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Islam, Christianity, or any other religion, is neutral. They only become positive or negative depending on how individual people may interpret them.

If this is true (and I tend to agree with this, as well) then the excuse can no longer be that cultural/tribal customs vs Islam per the Qu'ran are independent of each other. There goes that argument and the actions that everyone take in the name of Islam, must then be examined, not excused.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by remrem

Yeah.. Going to war over religion is like fighting over who has the better imaginary friend.

That is truer than you might like to think.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Islam is not the only religion who talks about putting people to death. Christianity has its fair share of verses that call for the same.

To me the difference is recognizing language and beliefs from 2000 years ago dont always translate into current society or peoples religious beliefs. Where 2000 years ago it might have been acceptable tp put a person to death for wearing fabric composed of 2 different materials, but in todays day and age, not so much.

I will most likely piss people off by saying this, but Christians have a tendacy to be cafeteria christians (term was designed for Catholics but I think it applies broader). We pick and choose what best fits our moral beliefs, and ignore or downplay the parts we dont agree with.

Islam on the other hand does not allow for independant interpretation. Its one way or no way at all with consequences.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

reply to post by remrem

That is truer than you might like to think.

Personally speaking I think its pretty much the truth. We all hear stories about forgiveness, only God can judge, only God can take a life etc etc etc. Why anyone would want to worship a God who is vengeful and unforgiving, while being taught God is forgiving and benevolant never made sense to me.

My question growing up has always been the same to whatever religion I come across. How do you know what religion God is? How can all religions claim we were all made in Gods image, while at the exact same time argue that if you beloing to another religion, you are going to hell because God doesnt like you.

To me spirituality is a personal quest that varies from individual to individual, and people will get out of it what they are seaking if they allw it to happen.

Slitting a mothers throat because she was christian to me would not warrant a place in heaven with 72 virgins. Since we have yet to have any person die for any length of time, only to be revived by God to tell us what religion he is, we must assume God is no religion, since there is no endorsements.

To me religion is like one big pissy family who all are trying to run each other down in hopes of gaining the attention of Dad.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Islam is not the only religion who talks about putting people to death. Christianity has its fair share of verses that call for the same.

To me the difference is recognizing language and beliefs from 2000 years ago dont always translate into current society or peoples religious beliefs. Where 2000 years ago it might have been acceptable tp put a person to death for wearing fabric composed of 2 different materials, but in todays day and age, not so much.

I will most likely piss people off by saying this, but Christians have a tendacy to be cafeteria christians (term was designed for Catholics but I think it applies broader). We pick and choose what best fits our moral beliefs, and ignore or downplay the parts we dont agree with.

Islam on the other hand does not allow for independant interpretation. Its one way or no way at all with consequences.

Will you stop blaming everything on the Christianity? you Islamic apologist defend Islam to the end, sorry but i don't see Christianity killing everyone in the name of Jesus in the world of today, only Islam does that now.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

Nor do I see the Christian community around the globe joining arms and railing every time a Christian commits some atrocious act.
]

There is a major disconnect here.

You are comparing extreme fanatics with non practicing believers, big difference.

When was the last time a Christian commited an "atrocity" in the name of Christ?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

If this is true (and I tend to agree with this, as well) then the excuse can no longer be that cultural/tribal customs vs Islam per the Qu'ran are independent of each other.

There are cultural customs that may be partially or considerably influenced by religious teachings.

I don't think that anybody would say that some Islamic extremists didn't attempt to justify their psychopathy by selectively taking verses out of the Qur'an.

Exactly the same way that some of the teachings of the Bible - Sodom and Gomorrah, for example - contributed to the homophobia in Christian-predominated Uganda.

There goes that argument and the actions that everyone take in the name of Islam, must hen be examined, not excused.

The argument doesn't ''go'' anywhere.

It's not logical to analyse a disparate group of 1.5 billion people's religious beliefs on the basis of some cultural-specific actions that have no relation to anybody else, other than the people who were involved in the actions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join