It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Nukes Aimed at US Cities

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
US recognizes One-China policy and so does most of the world and there is little chance that there will be armed conflict unless China goes absolutely nuts or Taiwan goes nuts. Why would Taiwan declare itself independent? It would bring 0 benefit economically, politically, or militarily and no countries that do business with China would recognize it.

Yes, US recoginzes one-China policy, but has not done according to the agreement between US and China to downsizing weapon sales to Taiwan. Instead, US is selling more weapons,and more advanced weapons to Taiwan, support encouraging Taiwan Independence movement.

There is now a good sign for China to link US Weapon Sale to Taiwan to Weapon Control/Sale of China. I guess Chinese leaders are fooled to too long to be fooled again by US one-China policy.

Those seeking Taiwan Independence do not see the danger with their bet on sure US intervention thus deterring attack from Mainland. One day they will, but it is already too late.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorWoo
as a Chinese , i should correct some of ur mistakes:

1st. China never ally with Russia, at least after 1990s

2nd. China do have nuclear missiles, but anyone can point out the evidence that they "point to America" ? I look thourgh the whole posts. all of them uses "would/should/could/might". anyone can point out : "Chinese nu missiles DO point to America!" ? All right, there is no one.

3rd. China have promised "Never take the lead in using nuclear weapon." We keep our word. Until the foreign army aggression first.

4th. American never worry about Chinese missiles. Unless you have a turpitude mind of aggression.

5th.China have every right to hold the nuclear weapon. you know, it's a multipolar world now, not only American is the police. Without balance, there is not gap between police and devil.

1) First, you're wrong. Second, the alliance between the two countries is old news. Not only do they have an alliance, they have a PACT recognizing Chinese sovereignty over Taiwan and other such things.

2) You're only stating that you didn't read all of this then? It was stated in the first sentence of the first article I posted mind you.

3) Umm...k.

4) Let's see...if I was pointing a gun at you, would you not be worried? Who in their right mind does not worry about others having nukes?

5) Yes, they do have the right to own nuclear weapons but there are certain countries whose nuclear programs they support shouldn't have nukes *cough*Iran, NK, etc.*cough*.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout

as a Chinese , i should correct some of ur mistakes:

1st. China never ally with Russia, at least after 1990s

2nd. China do have nuclear missiles, but anyone can point out the evidence that they "point to America" ? I look thourgh the whole posts. all of them uses "would/should/could/might". anyone can point out : "Chinese nu missiles DO point to America!" ? All right, there is no one.

3rd. China have promised "Never take the lead in using nuclear weapon." We keep our word. Until the foreign army aggression first.

4th. American never worry about Chinese missiles. Unless you have a turpitude mind of aggression.

5th.China have every right to hold the nuclear weapon. you know, it's a multipolar world now, not only American is the police. Without balance, there is not gap between police and devil.

1) First, you're wrong. Second, the alliance between the two countries is old news. Not only do they have an alliance, they have a PACT recognizing Chinese sovereignty over Taiwan and other such things.

News flash from 1973 - America accepts 'One China' policy. This makes trade and diplomatic relations between USA and China possible. Back to you, Skip.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout

where is the evidence.
please point out

2) You're only stating that you didn't read all of this then? It was stated in the first sentence of the first article I posted mind you.

how does the news media get to know the aim of Chinese missile?
you know, the aim of a missile doesn't depend on the physics direction(angle) but depend on the launch program and the database.
the moden weapons are not slingshots.
So, tell me how do the news media get to know the aim ?
from spy satellite, which can see the program in the chip?
from the Alpha army, which has controled Chinese military base?
of from those meddlesome mouse ?

if you've no doubt about these mass news, i can only say you have not personal judgement.

4) Let's see...if I was pointing a gun at you, would you not be worried? Who in their right mind does not worry about others having nukes?

as has disscussed in Point 2. it's no longer a problem
but i've a question to ask you: Where's the 7 carriers of US navy in these days ? Why can't I see them stay in the Atlantic ? OH, where are they ?

5) Yes, they do have the right to own nuclear weapons but there are certain countries whose nuclear programs they support shouldn't have nukes *cough*Iran, NK, etc.*cough*.

after soviet was down , America put itself in the position of Empire.
and trys every way to hold back other countries (such as China, Russia, N- Korea) from develop. It can only make more and more enemies.
it's very rudely to define a country as "improbity axes" etc.
it's only an excuse for a war
if you born in Iran, and you loves your country, you MUST support the gov to develop NU weapon, and unafraid of the threatener form the USA.
why American are born-angel and the Iran/Chinese are born-devil ?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

News flash from 1973 - America accepts 'One China' policy. This makes trade and diplomatic relations between USA and China possible. Back to you, Skip.

yes we are delight with this policy made by America.
so it made a good chance for intercommunion ,trade and develop.
if America obey this policy fully, it's a absolute good news for Chinese people.
but unfortunately, what we can see know is that American is selling more and more , better and better weapons to Taiwan. Achieve larger and larger sham battle.
Oh, are they playing C&C ?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

as has disscussed in Point 2. it's no longer a problem
but i've a question to ask you: Where's the 7 carriers of US navy in these days ? Why can't I see them stay in the Atlantic ? OH, where are they ?

after soviet was down , America put itself in the position of Empire.
and trys every way to hold back other countries (such as China, Russia, N- Korea) from develop. It can only make more and more enemies.
it's very rudely to define a country as "improbity axes" etc.
it's only an excuse for a war
if you born in Iran, and you loves your country, you MUST support the gov to develop NU weapon, and unafraid of the threatener form the USA.
why American are born-angel and the Iran/Chinese are born-devil ?

4) Step back. I didn't make this claim.

5) It's called propoganda. Everyone uses it, including China to demonize America.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
OK all you Chicoms - get it through your thick skulls.

1) You are in no way close to the US military, so stop thinking about fighting us, because you would get beat like a unliked step son.

2) You won't try to take Taiwan by force, because
A) You can't. You do not have the ability to bring to bear the force required.
B) The US and probably UN would get involved to defend Taiwan.
C) If you blow up all the modern buildings and cities as you would have to, it isn't much good to you now is it

3) The US (and the rest of the world for that matter) has a vested interest in Taiwan, so we will keep selling them weapons, and you will keep liking it.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

1) You are in no way close to the US military, so stop thinking about fighting us, because you would get beat like a unliked step son.

C) If you blow up all the modern buildings and cities as you would have to, it isn't much good to you now is it

3) The US (and the rest of the world for that matter) has a vested interest in Taiwan, so we will keep selling them weapons, and you will keep liking it.

For that matter, we will meet you near Taiwan Strait. Just do not flee like in 1996.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
lol I can't believe you guys are still at it. I don't see a point.

A - US has One China Policy. This is strange policy but in this case it works to preserve peace.
B - Armed conflict betwee Taiwan and China would be economically devastating to China far beyond the advantages of controlling Taiwan while doing temporary damage easily recoverable to US economy. US is more of a consumer economy and China is an export economy.
C - US Navy is a superior and bigger Navy, But Taiwan strait holds problems for any navy that does not control Chinese coast. We can only argue about scenarios there since 'blue sky' talk doesn't do much.
D - Both US and China are great world nations and this is obvious without having war to prove it.
E - Taiwan Independence would not benefit Taiwan politically, economically, or militarily.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Back to you, Skip.

Hey, are you a Braves fan? You're talking about Skip Carey of Braves TBS Baseball, right?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Back to you, Skip.

Hey, are you a Braves fan? You're talking about Skip Carey of Braves TBS Baseball, right?

Haha who else?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Hey, let's send you first to war then! It'd be awesome to see you turn to a red pond in the streets of Beijing!

Stop making America look bad. Please. For your fellow Americans.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Haha who else?

Sick man!

You know what my colors are!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
inanition guy you are.
The Taiwan problem is the civil problem of China, but not international.
We have the ability, the belief, and the strong will to solve it perfectly.
It is none of your bussiness. "quote Book II Lesson 1, New Concept English"
If Ameria e'en send your army to China, the Chinese army'll never stand on ceremony.
Indeed, i'll be a more disgraceful end then the Korea war for you.
The war between China and America will be the most sad story.
Because both can send the other to the Stone Age.
Do you believe that ?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Hey, let's send you first to war then! It'd be awesome to see you turn to a red pond in the streets of Beijing!

Stop making America look bad. Please. For your fellow Americans.

Ahhh - my old friend.....

Sorry, I already tried to join the marines 4 years ago. I couldn't because of a knee injury, so I am not considered "able bodied." Believe me, I would have liked nothing more then to serve my country.

BTW - nothing I said makes America look bad. What I said was the truth - China has an inferior military. That is fact. China won't attak Taiwan for the reasons I mentioned.

Basically, stop worrying about what I say, ok buddy?

And if you really think the sight of me dead would be "awsome" you could try your hand - just U2U me, ok. Any time any place anywhere. Otherwise, shut your mouth.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

inanition guy you are.
The Taiwan problem is the civil problem of China, but not international.
We have the ability, the belief, and the strong will to solve it perfectly.
It is none of your bussiness. "quote Book II Lesson 1, New Concept English"
If Ameria e'en send your army to China, the Chinese army'll never stand on ceremony.
Indeed, i'll be a more disgraceful end then the Korea war for you.
The war between China and America will be the most sad story.
Because both can send the other to the Stone Age.
Do you believe that ?

Yes, I am well aware that China is a nuclear power, and I respet that power. As far as it being none of our buisness - I beg to differ, and so does our government in case you haven't noticed.

And whats this about a disgraceful end to the Korean war? Didn't you notice we won that one buddy?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Think of it this way, US nukes are aimed at major cities over the world so its not just China i am sure that Chinese nukes are aimed at other cities over the world. too.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

And whats this about a disgraceful end to the Korean war? Didn't you notice we won that one buddy?

Sure. You know it is also called "forgotten war". In all wars US fought so far (not including current wars in Iraq and Afganistan), only two war not won. I guess it does not include "Korean War"?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Ahhh - my old friend.....

Sorry, I already tried to join the marines 4 years ago. I couldn't because of a knee injury, so I am not considered "able bodied." Believe me, I would have liked nothing more then to serve my country.

BTW - nothing I said makes America look bad. What I said was the truth - China has an inferior military. That is fact. China won't attak Taiwan for the reasons I mentioned.

Basically, stop worrying about what I say, ok buddy?

And if you really think the sight of me dead would be "awsome" you could try your hand - just U2U me, ok. Any time any place anywhere. Otherwise, shut your mouth.

Wow. I touched a nerve there, didn't I?

Knee problem? No problem! I'll vouche for you to go to war anyway! lol

See you on CNN next year!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Okay, let's put it to a poll.

All who say America will fight China, say Yea.

All who say no, say Nay.

Then we can see where everyone stands, without the propaganda.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join