It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Nukes Aimed at US Cities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
www.emergency.com...

The article reveals some of China's nuclear capabilities and also points out that some missiles are pointed at Russia. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that China/Russia have a military pact and have a strong recent relationship? Afterall, China is funding the Russian military after the economic collapse of the Soviet Union and their recent ties.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
duh. your just finding this out now?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I would believe that it is new due to the fact that many still believe that China is only capable of hitting the west coast of the U.S. in the event of a nuclear war.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
china will always have some missiles pointed at russia for the simple reason that russia is an extremely powerful neighbor to the north. they may be allies, but with nuclear weapons you don't want to risk being caught with your proverbial pants down.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
More on Chinese nuclear capability:

US W-88 ICBM Duplicated by China

By the mid-90s they had tested these weapons which closely resemble the W-88, the most advanced American warhead.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Blackout]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I wonder why US can aim nuke missile on nations around the world, while it is not acceptable for other country to aim at US?

It is top secret of true Chinese Missile capability. But since China can send men to space and return safely. I find it safe to say that China can also strike any place on the planet like US.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
It is top secret of true Chinese Missile capability. But since China can send men to space and return safely. I find it safe to say that China can also strike any place on the planet like US.

They need to send satellites up there first I believe.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout
They need to send satellites up there first I believe.

Yes. US has the GPS with precision of about 100 or 10 meters? Russia also has a similar system. China now has at least 3 satelites for positioning.

Anyway, I think 100 meter error does not mean much for nukes.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I wonder why US can aim nuke missile on nations around the world, while it is not acceptable for other country to aim at US?

And, you probably aren't lucid enough to see the difference in the U.S. and Russia or the U.S. and China, if you make such a statement, so there's no use in discussing it with you.

As far as China having nuclear missiles aimed at a nation you see as their ally, you have to understand how China sees things. They are not short-sighted whatsoever, they are a very patient bunch, and understand that the allies of today might be the enemy of tomorrow.
Don't worry about the Russians, they are fully aware of the Chinese mindset.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Nothing new there You have 24 D-5 missiles that can strike the CONUS. I also agree with you that a CEP of 100m is not a big deal with a nuc if you are city busting. If you are trying to take out a hard target like a silo that is anotehr matter

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   

[The article reveals some of China's nuclear capabilities and also points out that some missiles are pointed at Russia. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that China/Russia have a military pact and have a strong recent relationship? Afterall, China is funding the Russian military after the economic collapse of the Soviet Union and their recent ties.

The whole missile targeting thing is really overblown. The targets can be changed with a computer command within minutes. The targeting our missiles out to sea like the Russians was a sybolic gesture. They can be retargeted quickly

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
China wont do s_hit. They would be very stupid to start a war with America or Russia. They are probably just scared the U.S. will turn their back on them, like TC said. Russia has missle defense, and could shoot the nuke down. And it was Russia who gave nuclear technology to China so they would know how to deal with their own nukes.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if we even deserve to be here.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
The targeting our missiles out to sea like the Russians was a sybolic gesture.

It was because in the event of an accidental launch eg. Russian electronics being manipulated by someone or a circuit malfunction, the missiles would only hit the sea

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Chinese Nukes Aimed at US Cities?

Who cares? They will never use them. You insult China by thinking them that stupid.

Here are some figures for you from The World's Nuclear Arsenals

Total Suspected Nuclear Weapons

China 250
USA 8646

Now that data is from 2002 but even if you want to allow that China may have doubled (highly unlikely) their stockpile to 500, we still out nuke them by a factor of 17 to 1.

Any country that pops off a nuke in the continental US or even shoots one our way will just plain not survive.

More and more I find that I'm having to recommend that many people here take reality pills...

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
China has every right to target the US......

They just better understand that for every missle pointed at us, we have 10+ better, more accurate, more powerfull missles pointed at them.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
China wont do s_hit. They would be very stupid to start a war with America or Russia.

Same. US would be extremely stupid to start a war with China or Russia.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
China has every right to target the US......

They just better understand that for every missle pointed at us, we have 10+ better, more accurate, more powerfull missles pointed at them.

More on Chinese nuclear capability:

US W-88 ICBM Duplicated by China

By the mid-90s they had tested these weapons which closely resemble the W-88, the most advanced American warhead.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Again, even if China had identical technology, 8000 nukes against 250 is just too much of a gap. Someone said that China could hit 90% of the US with nukes. Is that all at once? Just how much area can those 250 nukes cover? Now how about 8000?

Geezz folks, stop hiding behind your idealogy for one minute and stare true numerical nuclear superiority in the face. All your wishful thinking and national pride won't change the numbers or the reality.

8000 vs 250
That means that for every nuke China has, we have 34.

I expect the Chinese leadership realizes this and knows better than to attack us or give us reason to attack them. Too bad that their defenders on ATS aren't as realistic.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
That means that for every nuke China has, we have 34.

For most cities, one nuke is equivalent to 34 nukes, even if your number is correct.

[edit on 11-7-2004 by zcheng]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join