It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama bowing to the Chinese President

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sectumsempra
Everyone is different. Even though I don't support President Obama (I'm a Capitalist) I believe it's his way of showing respect to another leader. Maybe he believes that the Chinese leaders will respect his gestures.

The danger is China is and continues to be a communist nation and does nothing to contribute to help the world.They also may help North Korea if a war would break out.China would never give the same respect back.Anotehr president in the U.S.may decide to end relations with CHina if something like that happens.THne CHina owns us in debt and they backstab us,because they are not good people just because you see them gettign along in politics.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
These people are way worse than the United States...So Obama may be respectful but it is dangerous to do so with communist leaders.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I don't think a bow necessarily shows that you are weak, generally people who are more humble (don't know about Obama) or down to earth tend to show respect to most of them whether they are worth of that respect or no.
But this today's world is all a SHOW-OFF you need to change yourself a bit in your way to adapt to it, its like you bow you are weak you are arrogant and egoist you are strong and powerful etc.
But ideally if your bow is not greeted by a same level bow from your counterpart, you should learn from that and be careful about returning the same favour next time.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
I for one find it very offensive to have the American President literally 'bending over' for the President of China. I have even read that most world leaders are actually ashamed for the people of the United States every time they see Obama behaving like this before these people. The way this man shames us is just disgusting. And then to make it even worse.. He's humiliating us like this in Washington D.C - on American soil he's bowing!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2d3b789c1e5.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 17-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: add

It is a show of respect, of cultural RESPECT. Not he is "the king" and our president bows down. It is their version of the handshake. Let me tell you something - you probably have no idea what REALLY GOES ON - the deals made in private - the behaviors don't match in public. Do some research on "save face cultures" and you will see that this is all part of the "game" our president shows this respect as part of the game. Ever play poker? Our Government, their Government they all play a gaint sort of poker game. You have NO IDEA what is going on behind doors - none-nada-zippo, all you know is YOU are humilated because he in your view is "bowing down" - Did you feel the same way when the Bush's kissed the Saudis? Is this an American problem you are having? A Chinese problem you are having? Or an Obama problem you are having? This "bow" means nothing, it is to please the ego of the other while we hold the club behind our back . . . think I'm joking?

I've been deployed to places YOU don't even know we've been while wearing the uniform of this country. Under Dems and Repubs. You have NO idea how it works.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If bowing is so respectful in their culture, why is the Chinese leader not bowing to Obama as well? If he's visiting this country one would assume he would thank Obama for his hospitality by bowing as well. Are there any pictures of the Chinese leader bowing to Obama before, after or during the handshake? That's what I'd like to know. As the picture stands now, it looks like China's leader is enjoying Obama's gesture of submission.
edit on 18-1-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Isn't it considered the polite thing to do in China? To bow to an authority figure?

Besides...at least he wasn't bending the other way....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11

Originally posted by Sectumsempra
Everyone is different. Even though I don't support President Obama (I'm a Capitalist) I believe it's his way of showing respect to another leader. Maybe he believes that the Chinese leaders will respect his gestures.

No offense but youre missing the point.

American presidents bow to no one. America is the country that people look up to no matter what the other countries culture are. We don't bow because of who we are. It is that simple. But Obama is not a true American and doesn't understand what America stands for. Thats the truth.

You are so unaware of what really goes on! America flies suitcases full of unaccounted for money into countries, but we are worried about a "bow" - so asleep to reality.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

It looks like he is pleasantly surprised - and this will go a looooooonnnngggg way later when they get behind closed doors and the big stick comes out that we don't see in this picture. Perhaps the joy on his face will make ole Kim very nervous back in NK. Do you not see the game, the charade? Maybe a little butterup will solve this NK vs. SK issue. Is anyone even considering that?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I could care less if Obama bows really..

I just love it when many of our non US members fall all over themselves trying to say that Obama is simply showing respect and that Americans who take offense to it are ignorant. Meanwhile ignoring the fact that many of their leaders do not bow..

Hypocrisy is an ugly color of green I hear.

Slayer, interesting observation (I really wasn't paying attention what country different members are from, who weighed in on 'The Bow.") What I DID notice is the expressions of the "Bowees" when Bowwow Obama bowed. The Chineese dude looks shocked and uncomfortable. The Japanese dude looks amused and uncomfortable. (The wife just looks purely amused to me.) Yeah, none of the other folks are bowing and casting their gaze to the floor (musn't look the almighty ruler in the eyes, it might imply you think you're his equal, right?!

Other world leaders are looking their 'PEER' in the eyes and shaking hands. Hmmm...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by CayceFan
Seems to be you're trying to compare apples to bananas. Throwing up and not being clear on which door to exit are not voluntary actions. Bowing is a conscious voluntary decision.

...you missed the boat entirely... my point was ---- those who are whining about such an insignificant thing are either accustomed to whining for attention or are obsessed with putting obama in the worst light possible, as if he's any different than the bozo presidents that went before him...

No- you missed the boat entirely as your argument didnt illustrate your "point"

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11

Originally posted by staciebee
reply to post by 11PB11

First of all, do not belittle me by referring to me as babe...my name is Stacie, and if you must address me personally, please do so with more respect. Secondly, our country is in the shape it is in because we get involved in needless wars and spend tons of money we don't have to keep the blood flowing in other countries. We also, the American public have extremely poor spending vs. Saving habits and used our credit cards like monopoly game money, spending like crazy and then not taking care of the tabs. Not to mention "saving a few bucks" and sending good jobs over seas.

Force will never work (aka war) and we are crumbling due to it! So I guess my question to you would be, how would you like our highest representative to great the Chinese leader? Or would you rather their be no relationship building? If that is the case, dig your grave already, because the country will call in their debts and when we can't pay them in money/gold, we will probably be paying in blood.

My hope is that Obama will maintain the civility.

No prob stacie. First we're not crumbling due to wars.... show me proof that's why and i'll believe you. Second, i'm not sure if you realize but the idea of "credit" is what helped bring our economy skyrocket compared to other countries. Yeah, Americans spend too much, but thats not the problem. Third, your right on the overseas jobs.

I want our president to act like a president first off. I want him to not bow, our past presidents did not, why does he? Japan was embarrassed at him for doing it, that's one of many countries that were. You have to research it, American presidents don't bow, because of what America is.(just research the history and the reasons). You don't need to bow to build relationships, that much is obvious because we never have before. China will not call the debts, they rely on it too much, no offense, but a little research on that topic and you'll know what I mean and why they won't. I respect your opinion, but it's not that path that made this country great. It's that path that is crumbling it now.

I would like you to research an google Bush kissing and holding the hand of the Saudi Prince and tell us your opionion of that. We don't bow, but we kiss and hold hands with male leaders of a country that supposedly was the naturalized birth place of most of the hijackers on 9/11. Please, do share your opionion on that after you do your research.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
reply to post by 2manyquestions

It looks like he is pleasantly surprised - and this will go a looooooonnnngggg way later when they get behind closed doors and the big stick comes out that we don't see in this picture. Perhaps the joy on his face will make ole Kim very nervous back in NK. Do you not see the game, the charade? Maybe a little butterup will solve this NK vs. SK issue. Is anyone even considering that?

Pleasantly surprised or not, I still don't see a photo of the Chinese leader bowing to Obama. If they like receiving this type of respect, I'd expect them to show the same respect back. Maybe that's just me. A video of this particular meeting would solve this mystery.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by 11PB11

Do American leaders hold hands with other world leaders?

AAAAHHHHH - google it, Bush holding Saudi Princes hand! Kissing too, if you can stomach that. And while you are at that take time to remember where most of those supposed hijackers came from. I am not for or against either of these leaders by the way . . . I followed the orders of both.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Awesome, star and flag for total ignorance of other cultures and jingoist style nationalism.

GUNS GUNS GUNS YEEEEEEEEHAAAWW

Oh yeah and on a side note, im off the personal opinion Obama is barely fit to lace the boots of the worst criminal offenders in history. His crimes are beyond forgiveness and i for one hope he rots in Hell for eternity, but hey!, thats just me!, im sure he has a lovely smile and does look rather dashing in a suit!!!, hed certainly get my vote!
edit on 18-1-2011 by Johnze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by imgone
here are 3 of many possible ways of looking at it:

He is bowing out of respect for that country and its leader, as well as making a better image for our country while hes at it. What's wrong with that? nothing.

He is bowing out of respect but doesn't quite understand that in their country this gesture is taken much more seriously than it would be in america let alone in a political environment.

the chinese have us secretly in their back pocket......

Or the 4th way, bow in public - play hardball in private. Look into save face cultures and consider what is going on in that part of the world right now.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
reply to post by 11PB11

Ignorance is bliss, brotha...

OH YES!!!!! Take a looonnng hard look at the link!
Thank YOU!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Are your working on your Palin for president stickers and buttons?
Showed "How manly he was" I want what you are on.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
"Bending over" to the President of China?

All he is doing is showing a sign of respect that he is to the leader of China. Nothing more. The deeper the bow is, the more respect that Obama is showing him. You know it, I know it, and the President of China knows that. It just sickens me as to how an image like this can be used to spin the rhetoric that constantly comes from the Republican party.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
For those who applaud the President of USA bowing to the corrupt commie dictator of an enslaved nation that China is, then by all means do so. It is your free will to do so. AND make sure YOU too, teach your children and theirs next to bow to the illegitimate CCP govt and their bootlickers, or whatever you said, are just being hypocrites. Go, on, show respect to them, bow to these tyrants.

As for me, I would rather be stickin my middle fingers up to them if I am to bow to them, signifying a show to them that I am willing to submit and be an inferior to them. To hell with wealth and riches. There are things more precious than that in life. IF that makes me poor, so be it. If FORCED too, the insignificant me will personally LEAD a proletariat revolution to reclaim our birthrights, as millions of forefathers had done in our fight to be equal.

It is no wonder today that the sacred noble US Constitution is in jeopardy today, due to those few traitorous americans and chinese bootlicking free people of the world who are greedy and will trade even their own souls for greed, forgetting and disregarding the sacrifices of the noble founding fathers against anglo saxon tyranny, WW2 veterans who fought against Nazism tyranny, as well as those veterans whom fought in both the Korean and Vietnam war against the tide of commie tyranny to give us our freedom.

There is no limit to tyranny and tyrants will NEVER be satisfied. Give them an inch and they want to be the RULER!

Best such incidents NEVER happens again, and everyone take stock on what happened. It's ok to make mistakes, but we must learn from them and never to cover it up, spinned or allow it to be repeated,otherwise a day willl arive for 'push comes to shove' situations where no one wins.

edit on 18-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Avardan

Oh please as a member of the armed forces myself I know about suitcases of money that disappeared to "make things happen" - millions and millions of dollars spent referbishing a foreign country Air Base even after we bugged out - all as part of the deal to get us there. I saw the escalades leave for the special meetings - with checkbooks in the pockets of people determined to make things happen.

Are you some state side pencil pusher? You don't speak for me, I've 21 years in and a couple wars under my belt And I am paying the ultimate price for it in disablement. I see this bow as part of a public ego appeal to a "save face culture" - believe me the hard ball is going on out of the public eye.

This is the second time I have posted this question, did it ever occur this little display might be staged to show NK we will do what it takes. Strategy people. Think strategy.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join