It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama bowing to the Chinese President

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
reply to post by Avardan

This is the second time I have posted this question, did it ever occur this little display might be staged to show NK we will do what it takes. Strategy people. Think strategy.

Stategy? To show NK that americans had lost their balls, fear lil' kim and will bend to tyrants? This is what 21 years in the forces had taught you??? Oh, such stain upon the honourable and courageous soldier proffession!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Since he bowed that low, I can't understand why he didn't just trot around the back and kiss hisass.

What an embarrassment!

This is what we get from electing a guy who's never had a real job, never done a damned thing, and apparently, never will.

What a zero!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
I for one find it very offensive .
I have even read..
The way this man shames us is just disgusting.
He's humiliating us..

The sheer ignorance and petty nature of threads like these should just be plain erased.
Or maybe a "world of ignorance" section can be made

truly... If a poster can't understand why after intellectual instruction then not only should the post be erased but the poster be banned from posting.

Oh,...Sorry but using "I have even read" doesn't justify proof of intellectual instruction prior to such a post..

b

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Worried about a bow? Concerned about my courage? I am a stain upon our services because we don't agree? Go out and pull that yellow ribbon magnet off your car. I've walked the walk.
How bout these apples:

"Nearly $9 billion of money spent on Iraqi reconstruction is unaccounted for because of inefficiencies and bad management, according to a watchdog report published Sunday. An inspector general's report said the U.S.-led administration that ran Iraq until June 2004 is unable to account for the funds. "Severe inefficiencies and poor management" by the Coalition Provisional Authority has left auditors with no guarantee the money was properly used," the report said"

I've been there buddy. See how easily distracted we are by a little pep rally of Nationalism over a cultural show of respect. A great bait and switch?

Maybe you need more:
Afghanistan: General Mohammad Asif Jabarkhail, the airport's chief customs officer, said his men faced pressure to let money through when they did find it being smuggled. When his men found a "pile of millions of dollars," all undeclared, en route to Dubai last year, "there was lots of pressure from my higher ups," he said. Afghanistan's endemic corruption and Hamid Karzai's failure to tackle the problem have angered his western backers who are pouring in money to defeat the Taliban insurgency. Nato spent more than £10bn in Afghanistan alone last year.

I've got the courage to talk about THIS do you???
I could explain it to you but your head would explode.

War is a Racket . . . its ALL a Racket!!!

edit on 18-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
War is one of the biggest businesses goin. However I don't like our troops bein used to make the dirty money. As for Obama bowin, what do ya expect he has no real spine he'll do that to every communist and scumbag out there.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Reason for the Bow.
Its that secret weapon they have and we do not. Here you thought China was less advanced than us in technologies.

See what being prideful and arrogant gets you. Give you an example, I was just up at a 7-11 a few minutes ago getting sized up by some bubbas. You know when they start observing you with that predator look of a hungry lion. I was simply going there to get some items.

I might join in if China attacks and help them do some gut stomping if it ever goes down.

Besides,,,I will get free meditation and kung fu classes if I do.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

reply to post by Avardan

This is the second time I have posted this question, did it ever occur this little display might be staged to show NK we will do what it takes. Strategy people. Think strategy.

Stategy? To show NK that americans had lost their balls, fear lil' kim and will bend to tyrants? This is what 21 years in the forces had taught you??? Oh, such stain upon the honourable and courageous soldier proffession!

I want to add to this, there are 40,000 US troops stationed in SK. We are fighting two wars still, our economy is in the dump and your concern is about "lost balls" . . . and a bow? You have absolutely NO idea how it works. And I am a stain on the courage of the soldier profession because I point out there are things that happen in public that do not match what goes on in private? Because I am patriotic enough to both serve my country and question it, and question the views of other Americans? Is this not what democracy is?

The loss of servicemembers is personal to me big talker.
By the way I am highly decorated - got that V for Valor. But I am a stain. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

By the way I am highly decorated - got that V for Valor. But I am a stain. Thank you.

I am impressed and congratulate you obtaining the medal in recognition of the courage you displayed, out of many whom had shown and led equally as courageously or more than you. It is your honor nonetheless and may you remember them as well as you, the recipient of such award, with humility.

But obtaining that medal does not mean you are perfect AT ALL TIMES and over EVERY MATTER. So quit seeking for sympathy instead of logic and reason on this thread,.

We flawed mortals are prone to errors, just as I had pointed out the error made by the President. May he realized it as well as his supporters. Covering up, hiding facts, twisting and spinning reality isnt gonna do him and supporters any good, and only worse, more distrust in his ablities to lead. Confront it, accept it, and make that change....unless it was not a mistake but intended to show his submission to tyrants.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
REF: www.ebibleteacher.com...

Jesus Christ, the most mighty "person" who ever lived, washed his disciples dirty feet. Bowing to someone else, when you're a confident person, is merely a way of displaying personal regard and respect. When you know/understand the mindset of mature confidence, Obama's bowing is easy to understand. It's not even a matter of "brown-nosing"...just respect and caring for a fellow human being.

-CWM

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Oh, I am VERY FAR from perfect, but I have been privy to information the general public does not know.
Things are often not what they seem at all. There are commendable and horrible things that go on behind the scenes, that the pundits don't see. We blame the mainstream media and get caught up in things in a simplified way - but every shred of media in this country is mainstream, and they all lie. I believe the President (any President) is a handy scapegoat - there are threads of US policy that trancend from one party to the next even if we really want to blame that one guy, right now - or that one guy before him, or the one before that.

You are not perfect either.
My point, my whole point is . . . there are things going on behind the scenes.
I was involved in a situation where our president at the time took a public blow - to a fabricated myth, while we were in the very country that was denegrating us so that THAT Country could save face. There are things going on, despite the bow believe me.

"Save face cultures" and the diplomacy that goes along with dealing with them is mind bendingly complex. That my friend is what is "logical" to assume and certainly not an appeal for sympathy. See below pasted on "Face"

In China saving face is a way to make interpersonal relationships look smooth above the table, which could allow a further interaction to take place in the future. "Face, a cliche, but it's so true, is the currency of advancement," he said. "It's like a social bank account. You spend it and you save it and you invest. When you take away somebody's face you take away someone's fundamental sense of security," People build their sense of security by giving, getting and saving face, since by doing so they measure their social status and know where they stand in society.
When it comes to Westerners, there is a historic aspect to the Chinese concern about face, said Saul Gitlin of Kang & Lee Advertising. "Because of China's history of exploitation by foreign countries who colonized China or raided China for business purposes, particularly in the business sphere...it is related to the very recent 200-year history in China, up through the middle part of last century, when Western businesspeople clearly had the upper hand commercially and politically in China," he explained. Western people who run business in China would have a more smooth relationships with the Chinese if they are familiar with the cuture of face.

edit on 19-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: add too

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust

REF: www.ebibleteacher.com...

Jesus Christ, the most mighty "person" who ever lived, washed his disciples dirty feet. Bowing to someone else, when you're a confident person, is merely a way of displaying personal regard and respect. When you know/understand the mindset of mature confidence, Obama's bowing is easy to understand. It's not even a matter of "brown-nosing"...just respect and caring for a fellow human being.

-CWM

Great! Now we are comparing the President to the Messiah????!!!!

Sure, the Messiah did what was written to his disciples. But he certainly show how he felt when he gave a reasound boot to the behinds of corrupted financial traders who were hiding in the temple to conduct their nefarious deals. And I am sure the Messiah will do no lesser to tyrants, descendants of a political idealogy from Mao the murderer of millions of his own innocents whom the illegitimate CCP govt had NEVER blamed.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
ok, first of all

i am not a fan of obama.

second, that was not a bow of submission.

a bow of submission does not touch the big guy.

obama would have made a fist and clutched it in his other hand and bowed furiously.

when he does something like that, then i will be worried.
edit on 19-1-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

As long as you bend to a chinese and he doesnt reciprocrate, that is a sign of submission, regardless of where you hands lay. The chinese aint the japs. Worse if you offer your hands, an outright body statement of supplication!

oh come on, supporters of the President. Stop making excuses for him. If it was a mistake, then just admit it honestly, sincerely and move on. All these lame excuses are making it far worse with each spin!

Ordinary citizens are allowed such mistakes, but the President is the REPRESENTATIVE of the American People. What he does in public is REPRESENTATION on behalf of the People.

For him to bow to the unbending corrupt CCP dictator means he is bowing on YOUR behalf. Non americans would certainly like to see that. But for Americans, it means the leader has submit on your behalf to tyranny.

For those who support the bow, and wish others to continue taking the blue pill, go right ahead and 'show your respect' to tyrants and their bootlickers. Have fun.
edit on 19-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

I would just like to ask how many of these threads are going to be posted on ATS. Half the responses come from people who haven't a clue that the world outside the US functions differently, with different cultural traditions. In Asian, culture a bow is a sign of respect. Now, I'm certain the Chinese leader first bowed to Obama. Of course a picture of that would not serve the neocon agenda. So, we're left with just this picture. I shutter to think that certain heads would explode if some person in Greece or France offered a customary cheek kiss. You'd have everyone saying that Obama is telling the world that all Americans are gay. Hopefully, you guys will eventually get out of your trailer parks and finish high school. You'll likely have to read about other countries in preparation for the GED.

Good Luck

edit on 19-1-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Where most of the world sees a sign off respect towards China from Obama, some people just want to see some stupid notion of submission.
What the fudge is wrong with you people?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

You're kidding right? This is simple manners, it's being polite, i really don't see your issue. I would bow to the chinese president as i am showing respect for his culture, likewise i would shake the hand of our own prime minister because that is the common greeting in our culture. This is just manners and diplomacy, you don't snub the leader of a country if you want him/her to take you seriously.

I swear some people will use any excuse to attack a person they dislike.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

reply to post by fooks

As long as you bend to a chinese and he doesnt reciprocrate, that is a sign of submission, regardless of where you hands lay. The chinese aint the japs. Worse if you offer your hands, an outright body statement of supplication!

oh come on, supporters of the President. Stop making excuses for him. If it was a mistake, then just admit it honestly, sincerely and move on. All these lame excuses are making it far worse with each spin!

Ordinary citizens are allowed such mistakes, but the President is the REPRESENTATIVE of the American People. What he does in public is REPRESENTATION on behalf of the People.

For him to bow to the unbending corrupt CCP dictator means he is bowing on YOUR behalf. Non americans would certainly like to see that. But for Americans, it means the leader has submit on your behalf to tyranny.

For those who support the bow, and wish others to continue taking the blue pill, go right ahead and 'show your respect' to tyrants and their bootlickers. Have fun.

Maybe the rest of the world should then stop being respectfull towards the US?
If we are talking about tyranny and stuff...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

reply to post by fooks

sorry, i am just a frikin slave and you know what and how beijing and the forbidden city acts.
chump obama is an idiot.

he didn't give away the farm, ok?

his people should be fired, whomever told him to do that. faux pas? yes, one too many.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
when dick head bows to one of these morons when THEY come to DC, then you better

clean your weapons.

ok?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective1
Maybe the rest of the world should then stop being respectfull towards the US?
If we are talking about tyranny and stuff...

What you do as an individual is your own free will, right and fully responsible for your own actions.

What our leadership representatives of society does, is a reflection of collective imperatives, obligations and directions. If the informed People of a free nation decides to snub or be disrepectful of tyrants, then the entire nation are responsible through the actions of their elected representatives, who acts on behalf of the majority, if not the whole.

Rather than to blow this diplomatic gaffe out of proportions, a meeting of eyes amongst equals followed by a genuine warm handshake would had been enough diplomatically.

If the President wishes to show his PERSONAL respect, then he can do so all he wish in PRIVATE, kneel and prostate on the ground if he wishes. None would care, as he is only acting on his own in private.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join