It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama bowing to the Chinese President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I for one find it very offensive to have the American President literally 'bending over' for the President of China. I have even read that most world leaders are actually ashamed for the people of the United States every time they see Obama behaving like this before these people. The way this man shames us is just disgusting. And then to make it even worse.. He's humiliating us like this in Washington D.C - on American soil he's bowing!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2d3b789c1e5.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 17-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: add

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Everyone is different. Even though I don't support President Obama (I'm a Capitalist) I believe it's his way of showing respect to another leader. Maybe he believes that the Chinese leaders will respect his gestures.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I agree with you completely.

But then again, when they own as much as our debt as they do, I'd assume you'd bow to your master/owner. And that has nothing to do with the fact Obama is black!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sectumsempra

Hmmm, who was the very first person he bowed to, that will give you the clue to why he continues.

+32 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

I believe that in their culture, the deeper the bow, the more that you are showing respect. I'm no fan of Obama, or any of these politicians, but it seems like you're one of the people that will single out any one thing the man does that you don't understand and decry it as anti-american.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Actually, Obama has been respectful and quite courteous of global leaders. After all, one nation cannot be a nation without other nations working together. Obama knows his place very well.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Well he is a politician. I guess where ever the money and power comes from he will bow. I kind of miss the rumores about him being a Muslim.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
I have even read that most world leaders are actually ashamed for the people of the United States every time they see Obama behaving like this before these people.

True....

I wrote a thread on it a while back.....

Here he is bowing to the Japanese emperor meanwhile none of the other international leaders do.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/505de1e76dda.gif[/atsimg]

Japanese Mortified By Obama's Bow

A scholar of traditional Japan tells Mr. Tapper, "The bow… did not just display weakness in Red State terms, but evoked weakness in Japanese terms… The last thing the Japanese want or need is a weak-looking American president."

Wasn't this president elected to restore our alliances and repair our images abroad? Now he's embarrassed the U.S. and one of our allies all at the same time. That takes real effort.

edit on 17-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

You can choose to be humiliated by this man's bow. Also, you can choose to look up to him. I suppose thats where you and i are of a different cast.

I only look up to myself.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If the Chinese president respected Obama, he too would bow at the same time.
The first time Obama bowed, in Japan, it was too low...he was given a pass 'cause he was new to
the office...figured he would have learned the protocol by now....not holdin' my breath.

~as above, so below~

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sectumsempra
Everyone is different. Even though I don't support President Obama (I'm a Capitalist) I believe it's his way of showing respect to another leader. Maybe he believes that the Chinese leaders will respect his gestures.

No offense but youre missing the point.

American presidents bow to no one. America is the country that people look up to no matter what the other countries culture are. We don't bow because of who we are. It is that simple. But Obama is not a true American and doesn't understand what America stands for. Thats the truth.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I really hate to say it but this bow looks like one of submission. I realize that the Presidents eyes are shaded with shadow yet it looks like he is very much staring at the ground during this bow . . . I can see what the Japanese mean.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
...wasnt it bush senior that threw up on china's leader?... and wasnt it bush junior that couldnt figure out which red door to go thru and just stood there smirkin like a jackass?... did those incidents embarrass you?...

...sometimes it seems that far too many parents gave their children cookies when they whined...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ah Slayer you beat me to it! Where is that link to your thread?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...wasnt it bush senior that threw up on china's leader?...

No.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
puts hands to face in shame,
what was he the POTUS thinking and where were his aids staff to tell him how to greet them, oh has he blown this one, now we are week and shameful in there eyes. and he is to be the leader of us what he does reflects on us all, this is how they see us over there they see one they see all. it would be interesting to see how there news reports this but sadly all the sites i find are in Chinese, with no translation.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Bowing is customary in China. It is the proper greeting. Besides, we are indebted to that country, for they own our debts. I appreciate the display of respect. Would you rather he flip him the bird and pull out an automatic weapon? NO! Obama is showing respect and hoping to keep the peace. China has the world's largest Army. They could really do damage if we ticked them off.
edit on 1/17/11 by staciebee because: typo correction

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I just fixed the link.

Wyn Hawks
Bush senior had a stomach flu and threw-up on the Japanese Prime minister.

Obama has not such excuse.

link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...wasnt it bush senior that threw up on china's leader?... and wasnt it bush junior that couldnt figure out which red door to go thru and just stood there smirkin like a jackass?... did those incidents embarrass you?...

...sometimes it seems that far too many parents gave their children cookies when they whined...

What does that have to do with submission? What does that have to do with the topic?

I'm embarrassed that Hilary fell on a plane, that Obama bows to every world leader, that Hilary consults foreign bodies for domestic issues, that China Prez says the Dollar will be a thing of the past then our prez bows to him, that Joe Biden is an idiot, that Obama has played golf more than any American prez in 2 yrs than most do in 2 terms,..... I could go on, but this is about AN AMERICAN PRESIDENT DISRESPECTING MY COUNTRY.

link   
the recent SNL skit regarding these presidents meeting needs a YouTube in this thread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join