It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama bowing to the Chinese President

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Wow where was the outrage when President Bush went down on his knees for the Queen of England. What Obama did is nothing compared to that which was basically handing the country over to the Queen. I hope you guys know when it comes to embarrassing America Bush is miles and miles ahead.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Ok, but what if he would not have bowed? What if he would have walked up to him and just stood there? I agree with the bow. Just wanted to throw my opinion in there. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

Then why is Hun Jin Tao not bowing back?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Isn't bowing a sign of respect in Chinese and Japanese cultures? Do not put too much spin into it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
Isn't bowing a sign of respect in Chinese and Japanese cultures? Do not put too much spin into it.

Of greeting and respect yes.
So this whole Öbama is submitting to the Chinese" is a load of bull.
It's like in the middle east where men who are friends or respect eachother hold hands.
Man some people really need to get their head out of where ever the have it and learn something about people, cultures and countries outside of their own. Would make the world a much more tolerant place if people actually respected eachother enough to care about other people's cultures and habits instead of forcing their own onto others...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by Subjective1
Maybe the rest of the world should then stop being respectfull towards the US?
If we are talking about tyranny and stuff...

What you do as an individual is your own free will, right and fully responsible for your own actions.

What our leadership representatives of society does, is a reflection of collective imperatives, obligations and directions. If the informed People of a free nation decides to snub or be disrepectful of tyrants, then the entire nation are responsible through the actions of their elected representatives, who acts on behalf of the majority, if not the whole.

Rather than to blow this diplomatic gaffe out of proportions, a meeting of eyes amongst equals followed by a genuine warm handshake would had been enough diplomatically.

If the President wishes to show his PERSONAL respect, then he can do so all he wish in PRIVATE, kneel and prostate on the ground if he wishes. None would care, as he is only acting on his own in private.

So you rather have him represent you as an disrespectful ass then someone who actually tries to get allong with others?
yeah that would be a great choice...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

You enrage me beyond belief. Americans bow to no one? Are you kidding me? Ever heard of different cultures? Ever heard of RESPECT? Because yanks are all-mighty god killers eh? Disgraceful.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by backup
reply to post by 11PB11

You enrage me beyond belief. Americans bow to no one? Are you kidding me? Ever heard of different cultures? Ever heard of RESPECT? Because yanks are all-mighty god killers eh? Disgraceful.

Not all Yanks are like that, most are pretty awesome and decent people.
Just a small percentage like to wear their bigboy pants and act like they are God's gift to us all.
Sadly those are the yanks that get the most attention from the media, so it looks like all yanks are ignorant disrespectfull bigots.
But they are not all like that.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11

American presidents bow to no one. America is the country that people look up to no matter what the other countries culture are. We don't bow because of who we are. It is that simple.

That's pretty arrogant thing to say. I for one, do not look up to America as I don't find anything there worth looking up to and your "culture" is no more "better" then any other cultures.

Obama is a president of the USA, he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone and his bowing gesture shows nothing but respect, only his opponents will find it "offensive".

And BTW, ever thought of him being taller then most of world leaders makes him having to bow down even a little? Should he just, as being the president of the country "everyone in the world is looking up to" look down on others?
edit on 19-1-2011 by Kenan2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

You realize it's not a power trip, but a mark of respect. But your probably thinking he should of Hi-Fived him.
Besides, China owns so much of America now, Who's your Daddy, no really Hu's your Daddy.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
ok have only got to page 9 but i would like to point that Obama is not the leader of the free world he is the president of the united states of america that is all.

p.s if america and china start knocking lumps out of each other us english will be there to re-establish the old empire
only kidding

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
So now you know where the non-rethorical NWO really is...

PS - to me, European POV, it's just a sign of respect from the most powerful president in the World before second's and one more brick in the Lets-Undermine-Our (by your)-Elected-President-Legit-Right-To-Presidency Wall. I dont even know why am I posting in a politics thread...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Never thought so many ATS members were this ignorant.

I always see threads where a member would claim something in the OP and provide links, the members would scrutinize and dig into it, checking sources and details to match the story. A general consensus would usually form if the topic was relevant or not.

Why is barely anybody doing it here? Someone just posted up a picture and some one sided maniac argument and everybody is throwing their dinner on the floor. You guys are judging this based on a picture snapped in a millisecond. Why didn't President Hu bow? we don't know if he did or didn't. Why did Obama bow? we don't even know if he did or didn't.

Seems like a lot of people have some sick fantasy about submission and political weakness, you guys don't know the details.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by loOranks
reply to post by staciebee

Then why is Hun Jin Tao not bowing back?

god you must be retarded, you based your entire argument off of a photo snapped in a MILLISECOND!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by pikypiky
Actually, Obama has been respectful and quite courteous of global leaders. After all, one nation cannot be a nation without other nations working together. Obama knows his place very well.

Yeah, um no other President has every done this.

And yes, he does know his place with the Chicoms. They own us, and he had better bow if he and the Govt wants them to keep buying our debt.

Errmmm, it took me 30 seconds on Google images to find pix of Nixon bowing, Reagan bowing, Clinton bowing - all to other foreign heads of state. I didn't bother looking any further as I think that fairly much proved the point.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by pikypiky
Actually, Obama has been respectful and quite courteous of global leaders. After all, one nation cannot be a nation without other nations working together. Obama knows his place very well.

Yeah, um no other President has every done this.

And yes, he does know his place with the Chicoms. They own us, and he had better bow if he and the Govt wants them to keep buying our debt.

Errmmm, it took me 30 seconds on Google images to find pix of Nixon bowing, Reagan bowing, Clinton bowing - all to other foreign heads of state. I didn't bother looking any further as I think that fairly much proved the point.

Yeah but they aren't black or a tur'rist posing as an American.

That's the whole thing.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Subjective1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Had it been Jesse Ventura you can bet he would just stare down the Chinese emperor for a couple of seconds and stood there with his arms crossed until the Emperor began to tremble and stutter under intimidation then confirm to Jesse the conspiracy to own America all along

Obama i feel for the poor guy at times, these days not so much. I guess you can take it as a sign of respect, like when he is not Kissing the Saudi Kings ring. I voted for the fella and continue to wish him to succeed in all his promises to repair the damage done by the Bush regime "sales pitch" but.. This is just getting ridiculous. I mean maybe he wants to repair the relations damaged by that trigger happy shoot first ask questions later Texan GW. But this is not necessary, and i can picture him holding it for the Chinese Emperor while he go pee next.

Brown nosing our debt to china away is that what it is? Obama is just too nice, I thought he was pretty stern when he was running for Prez but puts up with so much propaganda from the far right and just continues to turn the other cheek. I voted for him because he could at least tie his shoe unlike the current president at the time and the 2 goons running against him, but i expect a little more smack down from you Barry and less bow down. Stop acting like a guy on a first date Barry and act like a Politician.

Ok enough with the Sarcasm, will you people just leave the man alone!
edit on 19-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

i hate when my chinese president shakes hands with other politicians..its tootally out of the norm for my culture to do this...i wouldnt want to shake the same hand that someone wipes thier ass with....gross.....(seriously? you guys actually think this is worth talking about)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxBenBen

i hate when my chinese president shakes hands with other politicians..its tootally out of the norm for my culture to do this...i wouldnt want to shake the same hand that someone wipes thier ass with....gross.....(seriously? you guys actually think this is worth talking about)

You should impeach him and run him out of the country for his submissive ways!
He's probally a terorist in disguise like Obama!
Darn him!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxBenBen

Some do it seems.

I have to admit it does crack me the fudge up seing people freak out about something like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join