It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama bowing to the Chinese President

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
reply to post by blangger

There is absolutely no disrespect to Americans in Obamas gesture he's just being polite, something, it appears, that a lot of people need to learn.

First, you not American so you can not say what offends me, you just don't understand. We bow to NO MAN!! That is including the Queen. Nor do I respect any communist country! Do you understand that?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective1

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by pikypiky
Actually, Obama has been respectful and quite courteous of global leaders. After all, one nation cannot be a nation without other nations working together. Obama knows his place very well.

Yeah, um no other President has every done this.

And yes, he does know his place with the Chicoms. They own us, and he had better bow if he and the Govt wants them to keep buying our debt.

Errmmm, it took me 30 seconds on Google images to find pix of Nixon bowing, Reagan bowing, Clinton bowing - all to other foreign heads of state. I didn't bother looking any further as I think that fairly much proved the point.

Yeah but they aren't black or a tur'rist posing as an American.

That's the whole thing.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Subjective1 because: (no reason given)

I can never really understand some peoples humour, how many people do you want to offend strongly with that two liner?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I can never really understand some peoples humour, how many people do you want to offend strongly with that two liner?

Sadly, it is the truth. A lot of Americans are racist....this is not a "guess" or a "stereotype". Of the people I actually physically know, all of the people that voted against obama, I have heard all them with my own ears call obama a "n_____".

All you people can scream about how race doesnt matter all you want, but you cant make me unhear. And I live in New freakin York, a blue state.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective1

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by pikypiky
Actually, Obama has been respectful and quite courteous of global leaders. After all, one nation cannot be a nation without other nations working together. Obama knows his place very well.

Yeah, um no other President has every done this.

And yes, he does know his place with the Chicoms. They own us, and he had better bow if he and the Govt wants them to keep buying our debt.

Errmmm, it took me 30 seconds on Google images to find pix of Nixon bowing, Reagan bowing, Clinton bowing - all to other foreign heads of state. I didn't bother looking any further as I think that fairly much proved the point.

Yeah but they aren't black or a tur'rist posing as an American.

That's the whole thing.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Subjective1 because: (no reason given)

Yes the truth hurts sometimes.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by blangger

There is absolutely no disrespect to Americans in Obamas gesture he's just being polite, something, it appears, that a lot of people need to learn.

First, you not American so you can not say what offends me, you just don't understand. We bow to NO MAN!! That is including the Queen. Nor do I respect any communist country! Do you understand that?

You need to tell your leaders that, every single one of them has bowed to a King, Queen or Asian head of state.

You people really need to learn some manners and respect for others.
Nut hey who am I to tell you what to do?
If you want to keep hating on the man because of his (political) colour, go right ahead.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Of the people I actually physically know, all of the people that voted against obama, I have heard all them with my own ears call obama a "n_____".

Well then maybe you should travel in a different social group of people.

All you people can scream about how race doesnt matter all you want, but you cant make me unhear. And I live in New freakin York, a blue state.

To say that most of the people who disagree with Obama is based simply because of the color of his skin is ignorant.

I respect the Office and the man who who holds it. I disagree with the mans politics.
That's all. I can understand now how your view has been twisted by the company you keep. I disagree with Obama or ANY President bowing not because of ego or out of ignorance of international respect etc.

I disagree with it on principle. The American President represents the tossing off the yolk of old world imperialism. To bow down represents the submission to such old world institutions in many Americans eyes.

That's it!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

What I understand is that you have an inferiority complex and a rather skewed concept of reality, it is not a case of bowing to show who is superior to who it's merely a way of saying hello like shaking hands and just because it doesn't conform to your ideals doesn't mean that it is in any way wrong for him to do. Quite the opposite in fact.

But just remember Americans Bow to NO MAN

There's so many... so many

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well it is very simple...
If you want to take part in an international community and international politics you respect the other peoples cusomts and culture.
If one doesn't want to do that, he or she should stay in their own country.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

I use to be of the opinion that this was a non-issue and most act like nit picky babies because they lost and he's the Prez. Contrary to popular belief, bowing to royality (England) and to oriental leaders who bow for greeting were the norm, I got that from a protocol officer. BuTTTTTTTTT WTStars n Strips is this?

You all should have been screaming when he did that, not the others.

Funny but with this site being for conspiracy theories, why did no one scream when your favorite did this?

Since when is Bush Catholic? Hmmmmm

And it makes me wonder.........

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I respect the Office and the man who who holds it. I disagree with the mans politics.
That's all. I can understand now how your view has been twisted by the company you keep.

Great. You are in the minority (pun intended). Thes "twisted company I keep" are the people I grew up with and went to school with. Some of them are red, some are blue. WIthout fail the red ones are racist. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM.

One does not have to look far to find racist signs or slogans at anti-obama rallies.

You can keep screaming "IM NOT A RACIST" all you want, but thats you. If I cant use a broad brush, how can YOU regarding the whole right??

Facts are, I have seen much more racism in America in the 00s than in the 90s.

I have been at a backyard BBQ and heard a KKK song played on the stereo system. And the people there were laughing and singing along. But there is no racism in todays America, right?
edit on 19-1-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

. The American President represents the tossing off the yolk of old world imperialism.

Did you really just say that? The people of Haiti, the Phillipines, Japan, Germany, Iraq, Afghanistan, and pretty much all of Central America would like a word with you.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Well if everybody who disagrees with Obama is a RACIST as you claim then why would those same people be so up in arms over a BLACK MAN bowing down?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Lord forbid he know a thing or two about their culture and perform an action that is a sign of respect within it. Perhaps he thought that since they were shaking hands, a show of respect and good intentions in Western culture, that he should reciprocate with something similar that comes from Eastern culture.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Well if everybody who disagrees with Obama is a RACIST as you claim then why would those same people be so up in arms over a BLACK MAN bowing down?

Because he's the big cheese of their country and they just can't handle it, so they bitch about him when ever they get the chance?

Probally that's why...

Look I am no fan of the man, but this is just completely insanity of Lovecraftian proportions.

They act like it's high treason, it's called MANNERS and having RESPECT for others and their cultures and habits.

link   

Here you go twisting my wqords. I did not say everybody who disagrees with obama is racist. I said everyone I physically know.

Dont change my words to make my argument different than what it is.

As I said, I cannot use a broad brush and say "They are all racists" because that is obviously not true. However, you also cannot claim that "None of us are racists!", because that is obviously not true as well.
edit on 19-1-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Sover3igN
reply to post by something wicked

Wow! That is great back ground info.
Thanks for that

My pleasure and thank you for responding.

It's always worth remembering the symbolism for some forms of non verbal communication has grown through generations and sometimes it's easy to misrepresent what the actual meaning is based on current assumptions.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Did you really just say that? The people of Haiti, the Phillipines, Japan, Germany, Iraq, Afghanistan, and pretty much all of Central America would like a word with you.

We are in Haiti because their country was literally destroyed by a massive Earthquake. There is no other regional power with the ability to assist like the US. The Philippines are now an independent country and has been for quite some time. Japan and Germany are economic powerhouses and have their own independent Government operating autonomously. We are leaving Iraq in case you haven't been keeping up on current events.

With regards to Afghanistan we shouldn't be there fighting the Taliban IMO. We went there to get Al Queda. With regards to Central America need I remind you of the Monroe Doctrine?

edit on 19-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by blangger

I tell you what Blangger, I understand something about you. I'm not American but if I was I would be squirming just reading your post. Do you shake hands with people? You are doing the same thing, showing mutual respect. I believe you are not understanding the difference between a bow representing trust and respect and prostration based on showing yourself as no more than a subject to the person you are prostrating to... then again you could just be stupid, rascist and a bigot, you would know the answer to that better than I would.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

We are in Haiti because their country was literally destroyed by a massive Earthquake. There is no other regional power with the ability to assist like the US. The Philippines are now an independent country and has been for quite some time. Japan and Germany are economic powerhouses and have their own independent Government operating autonomously. We are leaving Iraq in case you haven't been keeping up on current events.

With regards to Afghanistan we shouldn't be there fighting the Taliban IMO. We went there to get Al Queda. With regards to Central America need I remind you of the Monroe Document?

yeah Haiti is so lucky...

Man that help we ALL promissed them never arrived!
It is now so bad, that they are actuyally considering reïnstating Baby Doc, what the fudge does that say about our kind of help?

Man even the Chinese have done more to help Haiti then us.

With us I mean the west, not just the US.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

With regards to Afghanistan we shouldn't be there fighting the Taliban IMO. We went there to get Al Queda. With regards to Central America need I remind you of the Monroe Document?

Wow where to start with all these lies?

We controlled Haitis destiny long before this earthquake.

We still have military bases in Japan and Germany, and Japan is starting to get really pissed about them.
We built a billion dollar+ military compound in Iraw. We are not pulling out anytime soon.
In Afghanistan, the CIA is now happily back in control of the Heroin trade.

And ah, the Monroe Doctrine. Are you serious? The monroe doctrine told everyone to stay out of central america, upon pain of US military invention. Why? WE WANTED IT!

You ever heard of smedley butler? Youre telling me to learn history?

But of course, you already know all this and are just being willfully ignorant to further your own viewpoints.
You will never be able to actually see the truth through your red white and blue colored glasses.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join