It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama bowing to the Chinese President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

foreigner? ignorant?
hahaha can you say bigot?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

This is not news to me.

Obama since day one bowed to many foreign dignitaries.
Even ones who do not expect it. Hu didn't Bow to the Japanese Emperor. I thought it was a custom?????

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
quit livin` in the past man...........
you guys got a black president thats not even american
things are different
end communication

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sectumsempra
Everyone is different. Even though I don't support President Obama (I'm a Capitalist) I believe it's his way of showing respect to another leader. Maybe he believes that the Chinese leaders will respect his gestures.

Why does being a Capitalist preclude supporting Obama?
Nevertheless I agree with you,Obama's action is simply courtesy, nothing wrong with it at all!
Vicky

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

Money that's feeding the war machine would better used in repairing our CRUMBLING infrastructure. A few examples would be our education system, our roads and bridges, our cities (Detroit, for example) and rehabilitating the growing homeless population.

Nah, our country isn't crumbling...I'm just dillusional, right?!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
When in Rome..

2nd line.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by staciebee
reply to post by 11PB11

Money that's feeding the war machine would better used in repairing our CRUMBLING infrastructure. A few examples would be our education system, our roads and bridges, our cities (Detroit, for example) and rehabilitating the growing homeless population.

Nah, our country isn't crumbling...I'm just dillusional, right?!

Stacie that has nothing to do with Obama bending over backwards like a kid meeting his favorite movie star so unpresidential and insulting to our country. Also, if you read my post, i never said anything about this country not crumbling I pretty sure I said decline, which would intimate that as well. Youre going off subject.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11

Everyone is different. Even though I don't support President Obama (I'm a Capitalist) I believe it's his way of showing respect to another leader. Maybe he believes that the Chinese leaders will respect his gestures.

No offense but youre missing the point.

American presidents bow to no one. America is the country that people look up to no matter what the other countries culture are. We don't bow because of who we are. It is that simple. But Obama is not a true American and doesn't understand what America stands for. Thats the truth.

My first impulse - you're crazy! Then I realised that sadly, many Americans think the same way you do... It's a clue you should take, as to why some Americans pretend to be Canadians when they travel here - and why Americans are generally not terribly popular in the rest of the world. Courtesy is foreign to you!
That bull**** about Obama not being an American shows where you're coming from.
Sad.
Vicky

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

American presidents bow to no one. America is the country that people look up to no matter what the other countries culture are. We don't bow because of who we are. It is that simple. But Obama is not a true American and doesn't understand what America stands for. Thats the truth.

My first impulse - you're crazy! Then I realised that sadly, many Americans think the same way you do... It's a clue you should take, as to why some Americans pretend to be Canadians when they travel here - and why Americans are generally not terribly popular in the rest of the world. Courtesy is foreign to you!
Sad.
Vicky

Whats sad is that ppl like you are the reason for the decline of this country, and that you can't add to the topic mostly. Or what may even be more sad is that I said Obama is not a "true America" = he does not think like most Americans. Try following along, I don't like to repeat myself or defend my statement because you can't read plain english. Also, you read to much gibberish..... American's are popular overseas, but the people are jealous of Americans and you actually believe it's because they don't like us. Good grief try traveling b4 you comment on it like you would know. Mostly, just try to stay on topic, I really don't like explaining things in detail.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Most people that hate Obama do so because Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, and Glenn Beck tell them to hate Obama.

No matter what this president does, these people will listen to their masters in the conservative media and parrot exactly what they are told to say.

It's just like Reagan's son said on Hannity tonight, "Conservatives need leaders." They need leaders because they don't think for themselves.

Some would see bowing to a foreign leader as a sign of respect. But, to others, it's a sign of weakness.

Some are of the impression that the only way that America gets respect in the world is to be the global bully, invading other countries, killing other people, and installing puppet regimes in nations.

While others take the approach of, maybe words work, and maybe diplomacy doesn't have to be at the end of a knife.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Not just that, but the Chinese president is shaking hands! Surely that's just as outrageous and worthy of shaking fists heavenwards about, right? I mean, touching? What next? A man-hug? Surely the people of China are up in arms over this grevious faux pas by their president!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Another point to make is context. People LOVE to forget context. As the first country to develop and test a nuclear bomb, the US knows the devistation (hopefully the world does too). Our position for the last decade has been to disarm and dismantle as many nuclear bombs as possible worldwide. Dont be ignorant.

To the people that say, "Stop bowing to asian countries, our country does not bow". The answer is simple. You greet your foreign diplomat in THEIR culture, not yours.

SlyF

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Most people that hate Obama do so because Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, and Glenn Beck tell them to hate Obama.

Post proof of this. I want to see your sources.

Because of the choice of words in your unproven claim, the polls you use must specifically use the word 'hate' or a variation thereof.

*Prediction: Lots of words will be typed. No proof will be forthcoming.

edit on 18-1-2011 by Exuberant1 because: for dramatic effect

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

Do American leaders hold hands with other world leaders?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

reply to post by 11PB11

No prob stacie. First we're not crumbling due to wars.... show me proof that's why and i'll believe you.

This is what I responded to, 11pb11.

It isn't absolute proof
. I know, and it isn't on topic with the OP...but it was on topic with your challenge. Of course, it is just my perspective as well, as opposed to your own. I will say that even though I served as a delegate for Obama
During the elections, I have been disappointed by his ability or shall we say inability to make any of the changes he promised. I also became further convinced that the position of U.S. President is one of a puppet on strings. I have lost faith in any correction to the corruption. But I stand by my original opinion of humility and honor being displayed in the bow...say what you will. I am going to bed.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
here are 3 of many possible ways of looking at it:

He is bowing out of respect for that country and its leader, as well as making a better image for our country while hes at it. What's wrong with that? nothing.

He is bowing out of respect but doesn't quite understand that in their country this gesture is taken much more seriously than it would be in america let alone in a political environment.

the chinese have us secretly in their back pocket......

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Sad.
Vicky

Whats sad is that ppl like you are the reason for the decline of this country, and that you can't add to the topic mostly. Or what may even be more sad is that I said Obama is not a "true America" = he does not think like most Americans. Try following along, I don't like to repeat myself or defend my statement because you can't read plain english. Also, you read to much gibberish..... American's are popular overseas, but the people are jealous of Americans and you actually believe it's because they don't like us. Good grief try traveling b4 you comment on it like you would know. Mostly, just try to stay on topic, I really don't like explaining things in detail.

While screaming at me to follow along, it would help if you paid attention... I am not responsible for the decline of your country - I AM NOT AN AMERICAN, AND I DON'T LIVE THERE!!!!! (Sorry for shouting, but honestly, guys, what will it take before you realise that? )
I live overseas, and yes, Americans are popular in New Zealand - that is, the ones on film and TV are. But when New Zealanders actually meet Americans, usually it's different. See what I said about many Americans pretending to be Canadian!
Vicky

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by whatukno

Post proof of this. I want to see your sources.

Because of the choice of words in your unproven claim, the polls you use must specifically use the word 'hate' or a variation thereof.

*Prediction: Lots of words will be typed. No proof will be forthcoming.

edit on 18-1-2011 by Exuberant1 because: for dramatic effect

Look at the last few posts after mine above. These people talk like they know something yet don't understand that our presidents have not bowed to other presidents.... they simply don't get it, because of age or lack of knowledge they just don't understand it. They say, well if its their custom, yet don't know that American presidents don't bow. It's like talking to a wall when talking to ppl who talk about stuff they don't know anything about, but have an opinion on it.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

Ignorance is bliss, brotha...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

Nothing wrong with that. It shows how manly Bush is, he doesn't even care what people think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join