It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your True Star Signs: What You Should Know

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7167def3e35a.gif[/atsimg]

Here is mine, I don’t really have anything to hide.

The computer generated reading was either spot on or so far off on a given topic I didn't really get a feel for it.

Perhaps Seawind can make something of it.

Here is my intro Thread from ATS does this make sense with the chart?

Originally posted by Golf66
Hi,

I am new to ATS and would like to take a few moments of your time to tell you about me so that you will have a frame of reference through which to filter my views and comments. I mean really what are we but the sum of our experiences and admittedly our personal views and even our personal prejudices as well, I know few people who do not have at least a few.

I am a 44 year old recently retired Military Officer. I initially served 10 years as an enlisted Soldier in starting as an Infantryman in 3/75 Ranger, Bn and moving on to serve as a Counterintelligence Special Agent holding positions as a Assistant Squad leader in Regimental Recon, Sniper Squad leader, CI Platoon Sergeant and Special Forces Engineer Sergeant.

After becoming an Officer, I initially served as a Battalion Intelligence Officer (S-2) for an Engineer Bn at Fort Bragg., Counterintelligence Platoon Leader and Executive Officer. I then attended the Q course again as an Officer and have since served as a Special Forces Officer, serving as a Team Leader, Company Commander (after getting wounded I also served a short tour in recruiting while in recovery).

I have deployed in support of many operations some of which I can comment on others not so much.

Again, I do not make these statements to mark myself a hero, I have served with many and I assure you I am just a guy who did my duty to the best of my abilities. I have loved and lost friends, peers and subordinates in the War on Terror both in Iraq, Afghanistan and other locations.

Please, again I am only sharing my experience so that you may know what I might be able to help with on the forums; while certainly there are many things about which I am a clueless as the average American.

I am married with on daughter who is 13 and live on a small farm in the Northwestern part of Missouri. It is paid for and I consider myself somewhat of a prepper but no to the extreme, laying in supplies and having con-plans for certain actions.

Our farm is mostly substance level making us what one would consider “semi-off the grid” we raise a small dairy herd of Holstein cows along with a small herd of dairy goats. We have laying hens, ducks, geese, we have not tried our hand at pork but successfully raised two steer for personal consumption last year. We have not started a garden yet but have plowed a 3 acre plot and planted winter rye in preparation for the spring.

I basically live off my retirement but my wife and I sub at the local county schools 3 times a week each for something to do and to supplement our income a little.

I grew up what I would consider lower middle class; both of my parents were hourly wage earners who did not finish HS (due to my arrival). I am not a religious person but have tired Christianity, (Baptist –total fail, WICCA – sort of appealing, and now tend toward the do unto others philosophy of good citizenship where a spiritual motivation is sort of irrelevant.

I am interested in: New World Order, UFOs, and Conspiracy theories and American Politics.

I have extensive leadership and combat experience along with having attended Ranger School, The Q course twice and much training on Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape Training along with counterintelligence source operations and interrogation methods.

Look forward to meeting you all and having some civil conversations – I mostly have an open mind but admit I have some hot button issues and prejudices as I t think we all do but will do my best to temper my comments toward civility.

I promise I will give you fact when I believe it to be so and make a clear distinction between any facts and the conclusions or assertions I might make from my analysis of any facts.

Thanks for the welcomes in advance and If there is something upon which I may have expertise please don’t hesitate to ask, just don’t ask for my opinion then tell me I am wrong…It is a pet peeve of mine.

Opinions are just that, I will not judge yours – please don’t judge mine.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind
Astrology is a very ancient "Sacred Science" -- the meaning of the signs & planets evolved over much time & experience. "The proof of the pudding is in the eating of it."

That's all well and good, but it doesn't answer my question about why is it limited to just our system. To exclude anything makes it seem all the more made up, to me.

By the way, I likes me some puddin'.

"Have you spent any money for other people's information on making charts? "

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I have spent money to gather birth data on people I have been very interested in.

Sorry if I was unclear. What I meant was have you spent money on materials or reference works from which you learned how to make/interperet charts. Or perhaps you just learned from some random internet site, or just made it up. It's really not important, I was just expanding on the "fool and his money" aspect that I mentioned earlier. (not calling you a fool, by the way)

Thanks for responding, though. It's always good to get more info on that which you don't understand.
Even the stuff you might think is hogwash.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Actually, Greensage, it's NOT that unusual for people NOT to be able to recognize themselves. Besides I have no idea what you were looking at.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Hi Golf, I'm looking at charts of a couple of other people right now.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by SeaWind

It's actually in my profile on ATS. My birth date is the 23rd December 1988, I was born at Latitude: 35° 53' 41 N, Longitude: 14° 29' 42 E. The charts are silly and more than suspiciously vague, so I doubt you'll gain anything of any value.

Seriously, Madnessinmysoul, I'm wondering if you've ever had a real chart done. No birth hour and that latitude & longitude puts you at sea somewhere between Tunisia & Sicily. So were you born on a boat? An island that's so small it's not list? If you don't want your birthplace known, U2U me with it. It will simplify things. I have another program (DOS based) where I can plug in a raw latitude & longitude, but most astro software nowadays has a built in atlas. SeaWind

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind
reply to post by Golf66

Hi Golf, I'm looking at charts of a couple of other people right now.

SeaWind

No worries, as a retired Soldier and farmer I have nothing but flex time in my life right now!

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Hi Golf, I prefer doing my own charts. Just from the data showing up in this chart (which uses the Tropical Zodiac) I would say you were born on July 1, 1966 at about 12:20 AM. I set the chart up for Kansas City, MO.

I chose Kansas City because it's about the center of the US. The chart you gave, shows an Ascendant of 15 degrees Aries. I prefer using the Sidereal Zodiac. Let me run a tentative Sidereal chart for you.

You can U2U your exact birth hour & birthplace to me, if you want something more accurate.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

Cheers,

Sent U2U thought all the info was on original chart.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
reply to post by SeaWind

Cheers,

Sent U2U thought all the info was on original chart.

Hi Golf66, no, the chart you posted did NOT show birth date, birthhour or birth place. I use a different kind of astrology. Thanks again for the data on U2U. Will post on your chart tomorrow.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I mean, seriously, what's the means by which a star, a constellation, or anything else in the night sky can change something about someone's life?
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I have yet to read about any learned astrologers who consider that planets, luminaries, stars and asteroids actually impact human behaviour directly, aside from the obvious scientifically observable effects.

This false notion among non-astologers that astrology states we are controlled by the stars arises more from the the particular use of language and expressions by astrologers.

The manner in which the planetary array correlates to the human condition is quite complex, involving such concepts as fractals, synchronicity, holography, quantum probabilities, and so forth.

In a most basic sense, the chart cast at the exact time of birth acts as a blueprint for a person's (or country, event, etc) life, and the movement of the celestial bodies serve as a timing device for the development of potentials contained in the blueprint.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

Hi SeaWind, I went to the site and put in my info, and WOW it was freaky true (well, er, except for the part about me being organized and neat-as-a-pin, lol!) But seriously, otherwise, wow. If you get a chance, I would love to hear more, so I'll post my info...

April 27, 1961
8:00 AM
Camden, South Carolina

Like... what's the future hold?!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I read my Horoscope every day in the news paper have for years.. i always thought it was for entertainment nothing that ever worked but i find it interisting ..im also a scorpio and very hard to deal with at times

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I don't now, nor have ever taken astrology seriously, but it is a little weird to now have a new sign. The fact that this became news in a very weird week, is a little strange.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Thank you~

FINALLY someone posted about the natal charts. I wanted to do a thread on it in relation to events going on with me right now but I just didn't have the energy to do it.

My chart has been so dead on accurate it freaks me out. It is one of the reasons I stopped studying astrology years ago up until recently when I went thru something very upsetting. I checked my chart and there it was, all kinds of accurate. Very creepy to say the least but I do agree the time and location are important.

I am always defending astrology to people and it gets tiring because most are too lazy to look into it any further than their daily horoscope, which is too general imo.

S&F!!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Seawind...do you use true positions of the spheres? And if not why? Do you include Ophiuchus? Do you show when the planets and Moon leave the path of the Sun (outside the wheel) and are in signs like Cetus, Serpens, Bootes, Coma Berenices, Sextans...and the cusp of Orion gets some action too
?

Ive yet to find anyone else that uses all of the true observable spheres and positions. Is this not what they ancients did....observed the real night sky?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
OP: I see you seem well versed in the tradition of Astrology.
May I ask for a brief explanation, in your own words, about what astrology postulates and how they reach that conclusion?
I PROMISE i'll keep an open mind, i don't like to dismiss something just because it seems unlikely, but at the same time i try to give my analisis the most scientific accuracy possible.
Thank you.

Drakus

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Ha syncroni#ty!
After posting my request above, i opened the next tab and the thread was about this new Sign (ophicuchicuchi or something like that) and that I'm not sagittarius anymore! now i'm a FREAKING SERPENT HOLDER, I AM THE REENCARNATION OF MIGHTY ENKI!!
and as I live in the southern hemisphere i'm off to be king or something

Nice thought for a Sunday at least...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

Except that none of those things you mentioned actually makes sense in context. How do events at the subatomic level change my behavior? How is it that not a single study has show astrology to be valid?

You can't just try to baffle me with unrelated scientific terms. What do fractals have to do with anything here? Where's the effect of quantum physics (which only apply at the subatomic level)? Why are you mentioning "holography"? And what do you mean by 'synchronicity'?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There are several schools in sidereal astrology.
One that I use is tuned to Hindu, Buddhist and other Oriental traditions, where 12 signs and 27 (sometimes 28) lunar mansions are used. These are astrologies where the gradual difference has been meticuously calculated over thousands of years.
Although the language of modern Indo-Tibetan astrology turns many Western people off (and it can certainly use some upgrading), and although we are not sure how certain cryptic pronouncements or obscure techniques found in classic Indian texts are properly used, technically speaking, their system and their zodiac has some distinct advantages. They methodically apply a difference (called ayanamsha in Sanskrit) from the tropical positions (which are calculated on the basis of the path of the Sun). There are different ayanamshas - Krishnamurty, Lahiri, Raman, and within Western siderealists, the Fagan -Bradley one that the OP cited - the most popular in India being the one determined by the Lahiri Committee in the 40's. that is the default value of most Indian astrology software. In that, my Jan 11 birth date will certainly yield a Sagittarius Sun (as in the chart posted by the OP).

Each ayanamsha will involve a certain date when the two zodiacs coincided. For Lahiri, it is 283 A.D. It also involves a rate of change, which is based upon a theoretical length of precession (presently, most astrologers and scientists hold this to be about 25,920 years).

All this does not negate the validity of certain basic characteristics of solar-based (tropical) astrology, since astrology generally works on the basis of parallelisms, and there is a parallel between the first month after the Spring Equinox and the traditional meanings of the sign Aries. However, this particular parallelism is weakening as precession slowly takes the tropical zodiac away from the star-based signs. Presently, there is an overlap (whatever sidereal version you use).

Think about it: in a few thousand years, the Sun of those born in the tropical sign of Aries will actually be found in the opposing sign, Libra.

Personally, I believe that Indian and non-Indian variations of sidereal astrology will increasingly becme popular as the two zodiacs move away from each other - roughly one degree every 70 years.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Golf66, Here's the raw data of your real chart:
The astro glyphs would not copy so I had to type the words in. Slow.

Natal Chart, sidereal (Data Sheet)

Planet positions Jul.Day 2439307.740011 TDT, pT 37.0 sec, ayanamsa 23°23'21 (Lahiri)
Planet Longitude house

Sun Gemini 15°33'48" 4
Moon Scorpio 26°54'59" 9
Mercury Cancer 11°16'30" 5
Venus Taurus 12°13'29" 3
Mars Taurus 29°52'57" 3
Jupiter Gemini 18°43'29" 4
Saturn Pisces 6°12'47" 1
Uranus Leo 22°44'42" 6
Neptune Libra 26°16' 0" 8
Pluto Leo 22°43'58" 6
True Node Aries 1°17'58" 3
Chiron Pisces 2°50'44" 1
P.Fort. Libra 10°27'58" 8
Vertex Virgo13° 3'31" 7
Ceres Taurus 10°42'32" 3
Pallas Pisces 22°38'45" 1
Juno Taurus 12°20'36" 3
Vesta Cancer 15°28'20 " 5
Eris Pisces 18°25'44" 1

Houses Declination
1 Pisces 21°49' 8" 5°59'26" N
2 Aries 19°30'25" 15°42'43" N
3 Taurus 17°11'41" 22° 2'17" N
4 Gemini 14°52'58" 23°11' 7" N
5 Cancer 17°11'41" 17°35'12" N
6 Leo 19°30'25" 6°43'10" N
7 Virgo 21°49' 8" 5°59'26" S
8 Libra 19°30'25" 15°42'43" S
9 Scorpio 17°11'41" 22° 2'17" S
10 Sagittarius 14°52'58" 23°11' 7" S
11 Capricorn 17°11'41" 17°35'12" S
12 Aquarius 19°30'25" 6°43'10" S

I forgot to add these House cusps are based on the Porphyry system.

SeaWind

edit on 16-1-2011 by SeaWind because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join